Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will You Be Moving On to TS5 after TS4?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited August 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Everyone has their favorite series. Mine is TS2, I did play and like some of TS3, bought lots of stuff for it, but not all. In other words I didn't buy some EPs and or stuff packs and or all the store stuff. I have played TS4 (a lot, lot) and it grew on me over time, but it sure took a lot of feedback and still more feedback could improve more. But I'm wondering for those who loved TS4 from day one, will you be like the previous generations of players and be willing to jump ship and grab TS5 (whenever that might be) and leave TS4 behind? Or will you be just like other generations of players and knock the new game (whenever that is released) and say TS4 is the best game, and not be willing to even try the new game?

It happens every time, so, I'm wondering are there that many people who are die hard fans of TS4 and wouldn't even bother to look at a TS5? Like there were TS2 and TS3 players and even TS1 players who were unwilling to try a newer version.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Probably. I used to be quite a slave to the franchise, but as I'm getting older it's gotten less urgent. I waited close to 2 years before buckling down and buying TS4. But sooner or later I'm sure I will buy TS5 when (if) it comes out.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I probably will, I've had/played every sims game though always a bit behind everyone else as I wait for it to come down in price first :joy:

I find the base games for every sims game quite boring, all you can really do is create a family, build a house, get a job and it becomes quite repetitive once you've done the careers. I think the expansions make the game which is why I feel each Sims game grows on me over time. I don't think I have ever loved one enough to just play the base game alone.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I probably will, I've had/played every sims game though always a bit behind everyone else as I wait for it to come down in price first :joy:

I find the base games for every sims game quite boring, all you can really do is create a family, build a house, get a job and it becomes quite repetitive once you've done the careers. I think the expansions make the game which is why I feel each Sims game grows on me over time. I don't think I have ever loved one enough to just play the base game alone.

Back in TS2 I didn't have internet for a long time. I didn't even know there were EPs for it, until one day I visited some place like a computer store which also sold games and saw two EPs on sale for TS2. lol I think it was NL and OFB, I got both the same day. Imagine my surprise there was also a Univerisity EP, too. So, I acutally did love TS2 so much I didn't even add EPs until sometime way up in 2006 and three EPs later.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited August 2017
    Have you been playing since TS1? It's true that TS3 and TS4 had pretty boring base games, but actually when TS1 and TS2 were released it was super easy to lose HOURS just playing the base games! :) TS1 because it was nothing we had ever seen before, TS2 because it was so different from what we had seen before. ("ZOMG YOU CAN ZOOM IN ON THEIR FACES!!!!!" :smiley: ) However, I agree with you as far as the last two installments go. TS4 was agonizing with the base game. I did the 24 hour free trial before any of the EPs came out and it was painful. That's why I waited almost 2 years--I wanted more content!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Have you been playing since TS1? It's true that TS3 and TS4 had pretty boring base games, but actually when TS1 and TS2 were released it was super easy to lose HOURS just playing the base games! :) TS1 because it was nothing we had ever seen before, TS2 because it was so different from what we had seen before. ("ZOMG YOU CAN ZOOM IN ON THEIR FACES!!!!!" :smiley: ) However, I agree with you as far as the last two installments go. TS4 was agonizing with the base game. I did the 24 hour free trial before any of the EPs came out and it was painful. That's why I waited almost 2 years--I wanted more content!

omg, I just thought about how sparse TS3 and TS4 base games were to me, compared to TS1 and TS2 base games. Imagine if they keep on that train how sparse TS5 base would be. I mean everyone (almost) thinks after five generations of Sims some sort of basic weather and basic pets (a stray cat?) should be in the base games by now.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Yup of course!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I most likely will buy TS5 from day 1 and its release would likely inspire me to buy a new gaming PC again in spite of the fact that I haven't had my laptop turned on for many months. It isn't that I expect TS5 to be such a wonderful game though. But I sure would like to see it and there are some other games which I haven't played for a long time and likely also some other new games that I would like to try. So even though I am very busy with my iPad games I likely will get a new gaming PC when TS5 is released for those reasons.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I think so, but not immediately. The Sims 4, honestly, has been a bit of a set-back for me personally in comparison to TS2 and TS3.
    So yeah, I'll probably buy it, but not right away.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm sure all the future games will bring something I was waiting.

In the case of The Sims 5, I will move only when the last pack will be released, it will be less expensive and at the least the game will be completed.

Right now it's a little scary to think about what I will do in the future (2019/2024 end of TS4 ???, 2024/2034 end of TS5 ???)
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    I JUST got TS4. I'm a new simmer so I love TS4. I'll probably stay with TS4 until I can get all the packs or get bored with it. I will eventually go for TS5 but not right away.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I will wait and see what it's like first. If it's as desolate as the sims 4 base game is then no. I didn't buy the sims 4 right away either. The only sims game I did t get at launch.

But to be honest I'm not a fan of the DLC path the sims 4 has well trodden, I don't expect that to get better with 5. If anything it's going to get worse.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    It's just impossible for me to say for sure right now. Sims 5 would have to bring something really special to the table for me to consider starting over. I might even wait til they finally add back seasons to even buy anything for it.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    It's any worse than the sims 4 is then no but once I hear reviews about it and actual gameplay ill then get it. I'm not 100% with preordering base games because nobody has really played them, I waited 4/5 months to get the sims 4 upon watching LPs and peoples reviews lol.
    giphy_1.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    If meshes and textures are as simple and cartoonish as TS4, worlds only have 5 lots, and there are very little creation tools, then no.
    I might as well stick with TS3 and TS4. If they take another swing at being online, social, and multi-player, then Heck no to that too. :D

More, depth to personality/traits, detailed graphics, and bigger worlds and I will give it a try.
    I would love a re-imagining of the Sims 2 that adds the best parts of the other Sims games.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Yes.
    Currently I only have The Sims 4 Base Game. I'll still go back to it, I think.
    I still boot up the Sims 2 and about to get the Sims 3 again once I get a new computer.
    I love how each Sims game plays so differently :)
    Even the Sims 1 is fun every now and then.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    What I mean is, for the Sims 4 I have no packs so moving to the Sims 5 won't be an issue for me.

Only spent $15 on this game so I'm not that attached to it.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    I've been enjoying the franchise since TS2. Moved to TS3 when it came out. Had all the expansions/packs (not from the online store -- that would have broke me!). TS3 is an amazing rendition. So much to do. I look at it now, and think how did they do that? And yet, I could never really get into the game. Not like I had with TS2. I just started playing TS4 back in December, so it's taken me quite a while to even look at it. Now that I have, I must say I enjoyed it from the start. But it feels a bit "empty" to me. And most of the time, I'm building or working on stories. Not disappearing into the "play" of it. I mean, there's not a lot of doing things with other sims -- all the little things that you'd make your sims do in TS2 to get to know each other.

All that said, if and when TS5 comes out, I'll definitely have to see what is offered in the base game. It's getting really old each franchise looking and waiting for repeat expansions that I've come to see as necessary (Seasons, Pets, Toddlers, University, etc.). I get that including each of those (and more -- cars???) might hold up TS5's release date a bit...but I'm willing to wait. I've already spent so much money on TS4 (and TS3 if I try it again for the umpteenth time), that I'd prefer waiting longer for a more finished game.

If it's the same "base release" and pay for real content, then I doubt I'll be buying it until most of that content's been released, if at all.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm a die hard fan of 4 but I'll definitely try Sims 5. I of course hope I like it. I can always play two games for awhile until it's time to shelve one semi-permanently. There are times now I wish that Sims 2 would run for me. If it did I'd be playing that on and off also.
    I didn't like 3 but I wasn't aware of this forum then. I guess if I don't like 5 after trying it I'll give my feedback then but I'm positive I won't stick around and rally for what needs to be changed. I don't have that kind of constitution. Maybe if I kind of like it I would but I really don't see myself doing that either I usually enjoy things as they are or I find something I will enjoy.
    egTcBMc.png
  • hannashavenhannashaven Posts: 81 Member
    I definitely plan to buy it, but I don't know if it would be as soon as it came out. I played TS1 and TS2 after their releases (I started playing TS1 around 2005 when I was like seven and TS2 in 2007, so content was still being released). I was so hyped for TS3 and bought it on launch day, only for it to not work on my computer. I think I was about eleven, so I didn't understand that my graphics card wasn't compatible, and I thought something was wrong with the game and became an anti-TS3 person until a few months before the release of TS4, when I discovered it worked on my newer computer. As for TS4, I was totally anti-TS4 until early 2017 when toddlers released, and now I have all of the EPs, three GPs, and one SP. So I guess me buying TS5 depends on if they include all life stages and pools with release, as well as if it works on my desktop.
    Twitch: casuallywillow
  • save_ferrissave_ferris Posts: 48 Member
    I will try it, but I'll probably wait till it's in a sale as it always tends to be expensive.

I don't have a version that I like the most, as I base my like for a generation on the expansion packs that come out with it. And also if my computer enjoys running them.

I do sort of feel like a 5th might be a bit excessive. But purely from a gaming perspective - if you still play all the old versions. It would be difficult, at least for me as a now grown up, to keep on top of all the games I want to play and still remain faithful to games I'm already playing/have played, while doing grown-upy things.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Probably not. I have gotten older and have less time to play, so it seems as though it would be too much money to spend for me to not play for months.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    I won't move on from it, it just wouldn't be my go-to Sims game anymore, I still like to split between TS2, TS3 and TS4.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    If they learn from their mistakes, yes.
    If TS5 turns out to be another disaster I think i'll be saying goodbye to the franchise in terms of giving EA my hard earned money, because I'm still gonna be playing my beloved TS2 and TS3 with an occasional sprinkle of TS4. They've tried me enough this time around, not gonna go through the frustration and disappointment again. If it's a good game I'll be more than happy to support it and immerse myself in it so let's hope it meets everyone's expectations.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Unless Sims5 (should they continue the franchise) is an online version, I'll most likely look into it. As much as I loved Sims2, I went ahead and checked out Sims3. There were many things that helped me make the decision to jump into the new game. Sadly, I was grossly disappointed. The Sims just weren't themselves. For me it was like watching a newer version of a beloved TV series. The actors were all changed out, yet the characters were the same — or at least had the same names. Can you imagine somebody else portraying Frasier Crane, for instance? Or picture your favorite TV character portrayed but someone who just doesn't capture the essence of said character. Suffice it to say, while there were things that I loved about Sims3, such as that open world and the ability to make the wood match (dining chairs of my choice) to the dining table, that sort of thing. There were things I missed and/or hated about that iteration, too. I've often described it as a love/hate relationship. I still played every day, mind you. But, I had to invest far more of my own imagination to enjoy it. It wasn't until we got ShowTime, that I was fully addicted. I loved the singer career.

However, I loved Sims4 from the beginning. I went in skeptical, suggesting I wouldn't add another penny to the game unless it wowed me. I have to say the nature of the Sims, themselves, were far more reminiscent of the ones in Sims2. That's what grabbed me. Yes, the game is missing some things, but I have everything to date, except vampires. I also never purchased supernaturals for Sims3. I only purchased 2 SPs for Sims3 and EA gave me a third one for free.

I still miss the singer career and am gratified that at least now our Sims can sing. I first noticed this ability with OR. If you had your Sim learn the guitar, by level three their singing (of those campfire songs) got better and better. Then we got a vast improvement with CL. I can only hope, in time, that we get something similar to the singer career. I don't want SimPort, by any stretch of the imagination. But, I would love it if we got venues in which our potential singers could perform and as they crowds grew, they would move up to the largest venue and rake in the Simoleons. Of course, many hate the whole celebrity system. It would be awfully nice if EA could come up with a logical way for this to work.

Making a too long story, shorter, I will take a good look at Sims5 and most likely, since I love the innovative CAS from Sims4, I will take the plunge into the latest iteration.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Everyone has their favorite series. Mine is TS2, I did play and like some of TS3, bought lots of stuff for it, but not all. In other words I didn't buy some EPs and or stuff packs and or all the store stuff. I have played TS4 (a lot, lot) and it grew on me over time, but it sure took a lot of feedback and still more feedback could improve more. But I'm wondering for those who loved TS4 from day one, will you be like the previous generations of players and be willing to jump ship and grab TS5 (whenever that might be) and leave TS4 behind? Or will you be just like other generations of players and knock the new game (whenever that is released) and say TS4 is the best game, and not be willing to even try the new game?

It happens every time, so, I'm wondering are there that many people who are die hard fans of TS4 and wouldn't even bother to look at a TS5? Like there were TS2 and TS3 players and even TS1 players who were unwilling to try a newer version.

I like trying new things so I will be happy to try it unless its like sims online and people do gross things and bother you
    in which case I will stick with sims 3 and 4 also 4 is my favorite so far
    more for sim kids and more drama please