Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Believe Parenthood...

Was really intended as an EP with toddlers, toddler stuff pack , kid's room stuff pack to be in one big Parenthood EP and they broke it down into three different packs and a toddler patch? Just asking. And not serious but since this is speculation think about it. Instead of a $40 pack they recouped their expense for toddlers in three packs instead of one. :D $20+$10+$10....and anything else that might come later that would make you think it could have went into a Parenthood EP. Why break it down? Because people were not willing to actually pay for an EP with toddlers but only willing to accept a free patch. So, all the money recouped anyway in three packs and any other future packs having to deal with kids, teens and toddlers and family.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Different teams make SP's, GP's & EP's. Adding toddlers in EP sounds kinda far-fetched but it's still a nice theory.
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    No. Everything was really well thought. They released toddlers for free to do damage control but with 4 hair and 5 clothes to still get the money from people who where going to buy a toddlers pack with this SP
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I do not think it was ever meant as an EP, no. I think they have plans at least 1 year in advance. I'm sure they have an over all game plan from the start, but it's clear they can change it-- they originally scrapped toddlers and I do not believe they ever planned to bring them in. Except for the constant complaining changed their minds. It's possible when they planned the 2017 year they decided to bring out toddlers, parenthood, and a toddler stuff pack to go with the toddlers. They may have had a plan for some type of family game play from the beginning, but I'm willing to bet the direction and scope for Parenthood was planned AFTER they knew they were adding toddlers. Given that they seem to be sticking with one EP a year, they have limited opportunities to bring out full expansions. Those have to be planned more carefully because there are limited spots. I'm sure they have more wiggle room with GPs than with EPs. You're absolutely right though that the costs of all the additional content definitely would help make up for resources they spent developing toddlers.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    If they even dared to release toddlers as paid content there would be insane backlash.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    No .
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Probably.
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2017
    toddlers weren't even in the game when kids room stuff was released...
    it's more likely that, if anything, toddler stuff is things they didn't have time to finish for parenthood
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I believe it was planned just as we got it they just finished the toddler pack earlier this month its all separate.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I do not think it was ever meant as an EP, no. I think they have plans at least 1 year in advance. I'm sure they have an over all game plan from the start, but it's clear they can change it-- they originally scrapped toddlers and I do not believe they ever planned to bring them in. Except for the constant complaining changed their minds. It's possible when they planned the 2017 year they decided to bring out toddlers, parenthood, and a toddler stuff pack to go with the toddlers. They may have had a plan for some type of family game play from the beginning, but I'm willing to bet the direction and scope for Parenthood was planned AFTER they knew they were adding toddlers. Given that they seem to be sticking with one EP a year, they have limited opportunities to bring out full expansions. Those have to be planned more carefully because there are limited spots. I'm sure they have more wiggle room with GPs than with EPs. You're absolutely right though that the costs of all the additional content definitely would help make up for resources they spent developing toddlers.

I think they did plan to add in toddlers eventually, but they had other things in the works first. The fact that we got Parenthood only 4 months or so after another GP (Vampires) probably means that they'd already done a lot of the work on the pack but had to wait until toddlers were patched in so they could finish the pack (add in the toddler interactions and do final testing), which may be why we didn't get much toddler-specific content in Parenthood, especially if they were aware a Toddler SP was going to be released this year. Remember that @SimGuruSarah had a thread asking for ideas for toddlers after the patch; some of those ideas made it into the toddler pack, others might make it into future GPs or EPs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I don't think it was ever planned to be released together.
    1. Different teams work on different packs.
    2. Their art styles are very different.
    3. Even though they all are family related packs, I can't see them meshed together. They are thematically different in my opinion. Sims 4 packs seem to follow a one clear theme.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't think it was ever planned to be released together.
    1. Different teams work on different packs.
    2. Their art styles are very different.
    3. Even though they all are family related packs, I can't see them meshed together. They are thematically different in my opinion. Sims 4 packs seem to follow a one clear theme.

But we know they take ideas from all their surveys and put the stuff in some of those in different mixed packs. Toddlers might have been planned with that pack that was to be about taking care of kids, and preteens, and moody teens etc. AKA Parenthood must have been born out of that survey idea instead of actually building the exact thing in the survey.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited August 2017
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

I think they did plan to add in toddlers eventually, but they had other things in the works first. The fact that we got Parenthood only 4 months or so after another GP (Vampires) probably means that they'd already done a lot of the work on the pack but had to wait until toddlers were patched in so they could finish the pack (add in the toddler interactions and do final testing), which may be why we didn't get much toddler-specific content in Parenthood, especially if they were aware a Toddler SP was going to be released this year. Remember that @SimGuruSarah had a thread asking for ideas for toddlers after the patch; some of those ideas made it into the toddler pack, others might make it into future GPs or EPs.

Yes some of those ideas did make it to the game play but we haven't seen them all (the gameplay.) I hear they are live streaming today hopefully we'll get to see more gameplay and idems.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I can see what you mean i think it could have worked but i like how they have done it with them all being separate packs. you can pick and choose from.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I know EA is greedy, but would they be THAT greedy?

Interesting theory. I don't think they ever intended for toddlers to be in a paid DLC though. I truly believe the only reason they released the game without them was the lack of time to create them, as they were never a part of TS4's initial online version.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Was really intended as an EP with toddlers, toddler stuff pack , kid's room stuff pack to be in one big Parenthood EP and they broke it down into three different packs and a toddler patch? Just asking. And not serious but since this is speculation think about it. Instead of a $40 pack they recouped their expense for toddlers in three packs instead of one. :D $20+$10+$10....and anything else that might come later that would make you think it could have went into a Parenthood EP. Why break it down? Because people were not willing to actually pay for an EP with toddlers but only willing to accept a free patch. So, all the money recouped anyway in three packs and any other future packs having to deal with kids, teens and toddlers and family.

NO no, and no, those packs are just what they are and nothing more,
    Toddlers were added because people wanted toddlers back. Parenthood has more to do with teen and somewhat kids. not toddlers. also, toddlers needed a stuff pack to give them more stuff and outdoor toys. I hope we even get more.
    Whats the difference in paying 40$ or 20+10+10, nothing, you buy what you want. Toddlers would cancel out any parenthood pack, No one would have paid much attention to parenthood if it came with the toddlers. they do not match ok, that's for teens and kids. it's mostly all about teens and phases. whats 40$ when you want a game, nothing. 39.99 that's 40$ + tax lol :)o:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    no. not to mention, $40 is $40.