Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Plant Sims spawn in The Sims 4?

Like the title say. I want my plant sim to spawn but I don't see the option for him to. What am I missing? Does he have to increase gardening skill?
ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    There was a challenge called Plantsim Challenge in the spring. During that challenge, there were plantsims walking in the streets. The challenge was to collect the beans from them, place the beans on the stump Jasmine Holiday gave you and water it.
    Then you can send sims there and they'll return with Forbitten fruit. Have your sim eat it and they'll become a plantsim for 5 days.
    Unfortunately, the challenge is now over. You now have to use cheats:
    1) Enter testingcheats on, then shift-click on your sim and there's an option to turn them into the plantsim.
    2) Go to community lot or use that cheat that unlocks every object in the build mode. Place the stump down. Then enter the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects and search for plantsim beans. Place each type of bean on the stump, water it and there you go.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you for that cheat!! I will try it in a couple hours or so. ☺ Still doesn't tell me if my plant sim can spawn a child of his own but I do have one stump in my game with all but one seed! Maybe now I can finish it!!! :)
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I know that plantsims are very different in 4 than in 2 or 3. I believe I saw that they can't necessarily spawn a plant sim child like in sims 2, but you can have them have a child that may end up being part plantsim. Mostly it was just cosmetic in sims 4 and many people were upset about that. I have never liked them so I skipped that challenge.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Thank you for that cheat!! I will try it in a couple hours or so. ☺ Still doesn't tell me if my plant sim can spawn a child of his own but I do have one stump in my game with all but one seed! Maybe now I can finish it!!! :)

You can't. Plant sims in TS4 (as of right now) only affects the sim who ate the fruit. They get a different skin and hair and their needs differ from other sims, other than that they are basically just like any other sim meaning no spawning of plant babies.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Children cant become plantsin, also is not (for now) a full occult as plantsims cant have plantsim babies
    For children only can make cosmetic change to look as plantsims (even with leaves) but need:
    - Cool Kitchen SP
    - Cooking skill level 7
    - With icecream maker, make an icecream named Plant Matter
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There was a challenge called Plantsim Challenge in the spring. During that challenge, there were plantsims walking in the streets. The challenge was to collect the beans from them, place the beans on the stump Jasmine Holiday gave you and water it.
    Then you can send sims there and they'll return with Forbitten fruit. Have your sim eat it and they'll become a plantsim for 5 days.
    Unfortunately, the challenge is now over. You now have to use cheats:
    1) Enter testingcheats on, then shift-click on your sim and there's an option to turn them into the plantsim.
    2) Go to community lot or use that cheat that unlocks every object in the build mode. Place the stump down. Then enter the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects and search for plantsim beans. Place each type of bean on the stump, water it and there you go.

It WORKED!! I finally got to finish my stump with the final bean!!! Thank You Very Very Much!!! :smiley:

You can't. Plant sims in TS4 (as of right now) only affects the sim who ate the fruit. They get a different skin and hair and their needs differ from other sims, other than that they are basically just like any other sim meaning no spawning of plant babies.

Thanks anyway. :smile:
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    The Plant Sims (temp) occult don't seem to have much to offer much... To me always seems MORE tedious trying to keep a sim alive as a Plant Sim in TS4 :lol: Well, don't really feel like I have to 'try' except when they are in that green form...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg