Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

trailer looks cute but.

but well i kind of wish kids could also interact with some of the things as well as odd at that sounds now i get its a toddler stuff pack but yeah i mean i agree it looks cute again but it still does not feel like enough to improve the game right now which is what the game really needs. it feels a bit like they could have done something else like another game pack alongside this pack as well.

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Well, toddlers can't interact with the kids' playground stuff so it's nice to have some items that are just for toddlers. It looks like there's a new toybox and I'm sure that children can interact with that. And kids got their own stuff pack last year so it's only fair that toddlers get one too since they didn't get as much in Parenthood (no new objects and just a few new interactions).

We got quite a bit of stuff in the Toddler Patch back in January, but it was spread out between decor, CASsets and objects. There was really a need for more to help them catch up to the other age groups. And there was nothing for them to do outside, which is solved with this pack -- the submarine, the slide and the ball pit are all designed for outside as are many of the objects like the tree dollhouse, the wagon seat, and other objects. I'm happy my toddlers can get out and enjoy the fresh air, and more ways to build Movement especially are appreciated.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Well, toddlers can't interact with the kids' playground stuff so it's nice to have some items that are just for toddlers. It looks like there's a new toybox and I'm sure that children can interact with that. And kids got their own stuff pack last year so it's only fair that toddlers get one too since they didn't get as much in Parenthood (no new objects and just a few new interactions).

We got quite a bit of stuff in the Toddler Patch back in January, but it was spread out between decor, CASsets and objects. There was really a need for more to help them catch up to the other age groups. And there was nothing for them to do outside, which is solved with this pack -- the submarine, the slide and the ball pit are all designed for outside as are many of the objects like the tree dollhouse, the wagon seat, and other objects. I'm happy my toddlers can get out and enjoy the fresh air, and more ways to build Movement especially are appreciated.

like i said this pack looks cute and all and i can at least say its something but i really feel like its not enough to improve the game as a whole but then i wont lie i am not sure what could really improve the game as a whole right now.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »

like i said this pack looks cute and all and i can at least say its something but i really feel like its not enough to improve the game as a whole but then i wont lie i am not sure what could really improve the game as a whole right now.

Of course it doesn't improve the whole game, nobody expects that from a stuff pack. It's a small addition to the game that you find useful and fun or not. Which stuff pack has ever improved the game as a whole for you?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Its really a win lose situation had kids been able to use the toddler playground equipment we would of ended up getting less because of the budget but now our kids cant play with their younger siblings. I'm glad to have a lot of new things for my toddlers to do and hopefully we get more playground equipment in a game pack or expansion that's budget is large enough to make it so our kids/toddlers can actually play together.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    The equipment tunnels and slides are far too tiny for children
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would like playground objects back for kids and swings that even teens can hang out on
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Here we go...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I would like playground objects back for kids and swings that even teens can hang out on

And young adults thru elders as well.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »

None the less since toddlers are getting slides expect them for children as well later and maybe for teens and up in the case of a pool slide.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm just going to come out and ask why every time a trailer comes out you have opinions which seems to me it always comes out negative for it? I mean when Parenthood trailer you had opinions on that and I remember when it finally came out and you played it your opinions changed...until you found out the acne wasn't automatically you had to go through CAS if I'm not mistaken. Anyways my question OP why?
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member

None the less since toddlers are getting slides expect them for children as well later and maybe for teens and up in the case of a pool slide.

I hope we get some nice playground equipment for children. Maybe monkey bars, bigger slides, swings, seesaws... You get the idea.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm with you. For one it isn't realistic, but two we don't have enough space to keep adding items that only 1 age group can make use out of. I barely have enough room to play around with the stuff I want to play around with and that's sad.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Look at the Ball Pool in the trailer - the surface is flat, instead of bumpy (like real balls). It's like they just redressed a kiddie-pool and use balls (instead of water) for the "splash" animation. Some of the items look great (like the little outfits), but some of the others (like that ball pool) is like "Why EA? What did we do to deserve THIS?"!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I would have liked to see items that kids and toddlers could both interact for sibling interaction. Swings, bigger slides, kiddie pools and sandboxes would have been awesome. There are some nice mods out there so they should have been easy to add in. Maybe in a patch later.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

I agree, I would love the return of swings. Why don't we have them anyways? I always had my teens hang out on the swings or up in the fort thingy. Until my city had enough "founds' from taxes set aside to build a local teen hangout in my Sims 2 game. And separate playground equipment. I just don't like that ginormous pirate ship. Need. More. Options. lol

But I'm excited for the toddler stuff. They do need much more activities for outside. Just wish we got some more things similar to Sims FreePlay, like a tiny club house, an arts n craft table, costume trunk for toddlers, see n saw, and a few others. I mean, I don't think we needed yet another doll house. lol
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I'm just going to come out and ask why every time a trailer comes out you have opinions which seems to me it always comes out negative for it? I mean when Parenthood trailer you had opinions on that and I remember when it finally came out and you played it your opinions changed...until you found out the acne wasn't automatically you had to go through CAS if I'm not mistaken. Anyways my question OP why?

Guess OP just needed to bend an ear, just talk it out. I'm sure if they get the SP they might sing a different tune.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I'm definitely hopeful for pI'ool slides since they could use similar animation for the toddler slides, and maybe ever combine with some of the animations from the water slide from Backyard Stuff (laying down on the slide and such). Maybe if a Pool Stuff Pack is on the drawing board -- Sims 4 All Wet! Stuff. :D

For me, I'll be working on my Play Place for the 50x40 lot in Newcrest. I'll have one area for children's play, another for toddlers, picnic area and puppet theater so kids can do puppet shows for the toddlers. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)