Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Perfect for the family players

The last quarter ended with parenthood, which as the name suggests was built around the idea of influencing your childs life by encouraging and punishing them. The pack was full of new activities which one could do as a family, however it still seemed to be lacking for toddlers. Because of this, many simmers felt lackluster for the toddlers. Myself being one of those people, I am glad for the new stuff pack that has now been announced. I was one of those people who were feeling rather hopeless for toddlers even arriving, and now moving 8 months in advance, I am extremely pleased for the new pack. The trailer seems packed full of new content, and I'm presuming a patch is going to come in the next few days. I hope the pack lives up to my expectations.
I am the champion, my friend

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The toddler pack definitely looks awesome. Many of the items are too big for the average lot though so would work best in parks, which gives me hope that maybe we'll see more toddlers (and caregivers) out in the neighborhoods and parks. I'm planning to convert a group picnic park I built but rarely use into a toddler park; I can build restrooms that have both toilets and potty chairs B) and then add in the play equipment and such. Maybe it'll attract toddlers/caregivers?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    We don't have the Active Daycare career yet.

It seems to have slipped being included in the Toddler SP.
    I wouldn't expect any sort of career to be added to a pack that's basically just "stuff".
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    The last quarter ended with parenthood, which as the name suggests was built around the idea of influencing your childs life by encouraging and punishing them. The pack was full of new activities which one could do as a family, however it still seemed to be lacking for toddlers. Because of this, many simmers felt lackluster for the toddlers. Myself being one of those people, I am glad for the new stuff pack that has now been announced. I was one of those people who were feeling rather hopeless for toddlers even arriving, and now moving 8 months in advance, I am extremely pleased for the new pack. The trailer seems packed full of new content, and I'm presuming a patch is going to come in the next few days. I hope the pack lives up to my expectations.

i have mixed feelings about this pack but then again most packs give me mixed feelings. so yeah.
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    The toddler pack definitely looks awesome. Many of the items are too big for the average lot though so would work best in parks, which gives me hope that maybe we'll see more toddlers (and caregivers) out in the neighborhoods and parks. I'm planning to convert a group picnic park I built but rarely use into a toddler park; I can build restrooms that have both toilets and potty chairs B) and then add in the play equipment and such. Maybe it'll attract toddlers/caregivers?

I think they'll be a lot trait that you can add to the park to attract toddlers and caregivers, much like the teen hangout trait.
    I wouldn't expect any sort of career to be added to a pack that's basically just "stuff".

I also agree, I don't think they'll be anything that significant for a stuff pack.
    brendhan21 wrote: »

i have mixed feelings about this pack but then again most packs give me mixed feelings. so yeah.
    I felt the same for parenthood in terms of expectations, however I was proved wrong and absolutely loved it.

edited August 2017
    @Sims_for_life A lot trait would be a great idea.
    @Sims_for_life A lot trait would be a great idea.
    I've just asked SimGuruGraham, and he said there are no new lot traits added to the pack
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    We don't have the Active Daycare career yet.

It seems to have slipped being included in the Toddler SP.

Just curious, where did you hear that? I'd be glad to see them expand the concept of Stuff Packs, having your own little daycare centre would be lovely. The career may as well come in a patch just like some did before.
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    Don't have Parenthood yet (getting this week!) but it and the new toddler pack looks awesome. I just wish they'd add in more stuff to do with babies. I gotta say they are putting out pretty good stuff that the players want.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
    LauraMSim wrote: »
    Don't have Parenthood yet (getting this week!) but it and the new toddler pack looks awesome. I just wish they'd add in more stuff to do with babies. I gotta say they are putting out pretty good stuff that the players want.
    Same. Babies still feel a bit neglected.