Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I refuse to promote this Stuff Pack - considering my Sim was killed off

Comments

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I plan on adding toddlers to all households in one neighborhood in one world. Then, I will have one family go door knocking and meet everyone, then, I can call for a play date in the local park. If it works well, I'll add others in other worlds.

You don't even have to take the entire family with you, when you go do meet ups. All you have to do is take one sim, and have him or her visit all the toddlers, they don't have to know the parents, just the toddlers, have them say hello to the toddler(s) in the household, and that should be enough to be able to invite them.
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Looks fun. Too bad the last toddler in my current playthrough just aged up. Might have to start a new playthrough soon or something...
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Well, on a recent poll, over 896% of Simmers want to see the ball pit thing - they want clarification as to whether toddlers can slide into the ball pit.

well, I think that 896% of Simmers will buy The Toddlers stuff pack hahaha :D
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    No, it is 897%, get your facts right xD
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    To be honest, it has probably doubled by now.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I got only 1 problem with this, the fact that I do not have room for any of that in My game cause all My Lots are filled up already, and to Me it seems like that yard stuff is way bigger then it should be, I do hope they put in more Lots soon, or I wont be using any of it, We need more Lots EA and Maxis to put all this stuff in, yup.
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    To be honest, it has probably doubled by now.

I think it tripled by now actually.
    Mafia Stats

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    They could've added more balls over the plane they've used. Also, they could have used more of a geosphere so it doesn't look as flat. If this was TS2, they wouldve done it right. They put more quality into that 2004 game than they do now for TS4.

I personally think this wouldve been better as a kiddie pool than a ball pit. I'm sure some CC creator well make a better looking one.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2017
    I am overjoyed with this new pack and it's content. However I have just one tiny confusion to clear..basically it's with the play date...I read In a thread where @SimGuruGraham answers to questions are accumulated.. he kept mentioning that you have to get 'meet the tot' first before you can invite such tot for a play date.

So my question is how do you 'meet these tots' since they are never seen about town even in appropriate places. Are we expected to constantly go through loading screens to knock on different household doors just to say hi to their little rascals so we can have them as a contact for play date,...I wonder how many sims generation anyone can keep that for.
    A lil suggestion could be to either know the tot or any of their caregivers (I think this is even how it works in real life) since chances are you could easily find caregivers around town or even jogging on your street.

Please can anyone kind enough kindly help me redirect my question to @SimGuruGraham on Twitter. Would have done this myself but I do not have a Twitter account.. ...Thanks to whoever that kind person would be

I and others have asked him this on Twitter but no reply yet. They expect us to jump through these hoops because anything more would be beyond the scope for a stuff pack. :/ We definitely need a patch to fix this dilemma. Either allow us to meet caregivers or make the game start generating families with toddlers. I would prefer both.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
    I got only 1 problem with this, the fact that I do not have room for any of that in My game cause all My Lots are filled up already, and to Me it seems like that yard stuff is way bigger then it should be, I do hope they put in more Lots soon, or I wont be using any of it, We need more Lots EA and Maxis to put all this stuff in, yup.

No room in any of your parks to add the objects?
    Goodywood wrote: »
    They could've added more balls over the plane they've used. Also, they could have used more of a geosphere so it doesn't look as flat. If this was TS2, they wouldve done it right. They put more quality into that 2004 game than they do now for TS4.

I personally think this wouldve been better as a kiddie pool than a ball pit. I'm sure some CC creator well make a better looking one.

I firmly believe it IS a kiddie pool. The flat part is the water and the splashes were changed into flying balls. They literally used a swimming pool to create this object as cheaply as possible.
  • Sophiebear2002Sophiebear2002 Posts: 67 Member
    THOSE TODDLER HAIRS THOUGH!!! I think this pack will be really great, as there isn't much diversity between toddlers at the moment :)
    X19cKdm.gif
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    well if they patch in a new world to fit all the stuff in, I'm ready to go

This fits quite easily into the 50x50 and 60x60 park lots we already have, it would be different if it was a new venue.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm sorry, but the ball pit completely turned me off for this pack. It looks horrendous. It's exactly the low quality that makes me upset with the dev team. They could have opted to add something else instead of the pit, since they didn't have enough resources to make the balls look at least decent. There's alot of cute things in the pack, especially the new hairs, but the ball bit makes me go 'uuuh no thanks'. :(
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm a bit sad that there's no pre built toddler park, but these objects are amazing! I love big fun objects and finally toddlers have more places to play like kids had for a while!

There's going to be the livestream tomorrow (Friday); maybe if enough people ask in the livestream chat they'll upload whatever lot they use for demonstrating the objects to the Gallery after the pack releases. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I am overjoyed with this new pack and it's content. However I have just one tiny confusion to clear..basically it's with the play date...I read In a thread where @SimGuruGraham answers to questions are accumulated.. he kept mentioning that you have to get 'meet the tot' first before you can invite such tot for a play date.

So my question is how do you 'meet these tots' since they are never seen about town even in appropriate places. Are we expected to constantly go through loading screens to knock on different household doors just to say hi to their little rascals so we can have them as a contact for play date,...I wonder how many sims generation anyone can keep that for.
    A lil suggestion could be to either know the tot or any of their caregivers (I think this is even how it works in real life) since chances are you could easily find caregivers around town or even jogging on your street.

Please can anyone kind enough kindly help me redirect my question to @SimGuruGraham on Twitter. Would have done this myself but I do not have a Twitter account.. ...Thanks to whoever that kind person would be

I'm wondering if they might tweak the game settings a bit in the pre-pack patch. You know how you can have your Sim children/teens "meet" classmates at school? Maybe there'll be something similar added to the patch, where toddlers at day care can "meet" other toddlers there. Especially if the family is in the Not in World population (rather than being housed) so there's no other way to meet them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

I and others have asked him this on Twitter but no reply yet. They expect us to jump through these hoops because anything more would be beyond the scope for a stuff pack. :/ We definitely need a patch to fix this dilemma. Either allow us to meet caregivers or make the game start generating families with toddlers. I would prefer both.

Fingers crossed x
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member

I'm wondering if they might tweak the game settings a bit in the pre-pack patch. You know how you can have your Sim children/teens "meet" classmates at school? Maybe there'll be something similar added to the patch, where toddlers at day care can "meet" other toddlers there. Especially if the family is in the Not in World population (rather than being housed) so there's no other way to meet them.

I can't hope more with you on this..it'll really make things easier
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    I pass.
    How fun will the ball pit be after 10 times? For me, not very.
    Why not a sandbox instead? Something where an older sibling can build a sandcastle with a toddler or finger painting, crayons and chalk for the kids to draw on the driveway or patio? (or walls & floors)
    Too many items are oversized.
    I like the hair & clothing, but have cute CC stuff already.
    I just see the ball pit being another rock climbing wall. Fun a few times then never used again.

Back to Sims 3.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    well if they patch in a new world to fit all the stuff in, I'm ready to go

This fits quite easily into the 50x50 and 60x60 park lots we already have, it would be different if it was a new venue.

Im already using those, we don't have many 50x50 and 60x60 park lots. I have even replaced the Willow creek park and oasis springs park
    21mbz47.jpg
    I pass.
    How fun will the ball pit be after 10 times? For me, not very.
    Why not a sandbox instead? Something where an older sibling can build a sandcastle with a toddler or finger painting, crayons and chalk for the kids to draw on the driveway or patio? (or walls & floors)
    Too many items are oversized.
    I like the hair & clothing, but have cute CC stuff already.
    I just see the ball pit being another rock climbing wall. Fun a few times then never used again.

Back to Sims 3.

Well the ball pit and playground equipment aren't over sized, they're just big. The telescope though, THAT IS OVER SIZED XD I would love a tiny one. Back to the ball pit and playground equipment though xD: They're big irl too, not over sized, just... big.
    Mafia Stats

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Yes, this game is very hostile, no Active Daycare Career? How unprofessional! Btw, the poll has been updated, 16,172% of simmers want the Active Daycare Career

Simmers, please stop your hostility. at least 893% of you should know, that it's not easy to take care of a toddler for the parents. A daycare would have many toddlers. What if you take your child to a daycare and went back to pick up your toddler, and it was removed by social services because the daycare forgot to feed it? and you never see your toddler again, how sad :'(
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member

We need empty lot bins like in TS2/TS3.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

We need empty lot bins like in TS2/TS3.

I guess I'm lucky, I've still got all of Newcrest to fill at the moment :-)
    Was keeping it empty for the next generation. I also just married up some of my singles, which should also help in making more room.