Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

supernatural

I do not have supernatural, can someone tell me, if I downloaded supernatural, ate the vampires, werewolves and witches be in all my towns running around.

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited August 2017
    Depends. Without mods then yes, the game will randomly assign supernatural states to the resident population (of new games at least, I'm not sure how existing games are handled). You can adjust that in the Game Options screen though.

NRaas StoryProgression doesn't assign occult states to existing sims, so if you use that mod and enabled it right away when starting a new neighborhood you won't (or I don't) get any supernatural residents. You can set up NRaas SP to create new supernatural immigrant residents, or not, depending on what you want to do. And you can use NRaas MasterController to assign occult states directly. The big exception seems to be Sims University. Even with NRaas SP enabled right away I always get supernatural occult states assigned randomly among the university residents (which I like, so that's nice).
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @TreyNutz Oh well too bad, I don't use mods. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Evalen The way I play which is just a suggestion to you,before starting your game turn of all supernaturals then you have this amazing thing called elixers which turn sims into those creatures.You can determine as you go along who is a fairy and who is a witch even When turned off same with Celebs you can be a celeb with it off and be the only one in town.I build a shop with all lifestate elixirs filling the shelves then visit it in game grab a bunch "They are free if you make yours a community lot" if I see a sim worthy of being my towns fairy I toss a fae elixer at them.Adds fun to your game deciding who gets to be who as you travel town.If you want 4 fairy sims and 2 witches go right ahead.

If you seen my current game I turned the LP NPC social worker into one cause she looks like a fairy anyway.

See

Meeting her in town

ZOjWqvf.jpg

Next day seen her again thought she was perfect for a fairy, just tossed elixer at her

KRBsq1k.jpg

Fairy turned off and I make the rules

7oJ56Xr.jpg

She is my best friend in game and close with my toddler daughter and comes over all the time came to my wedding too.And does fairy tricks to me often :grimace:

wNSag9n.jpg

If you want it you can have it,if you dont want it then it will never happen.If you play my way you can change your mind and toss a cure elixer at them and they are human again.On a side note I turned a sim into a mummy,another a witch..one is now a simbot too.It is fun to me and the game choosing is no fun.Do not let the game choose for you plus it spreads like crazy vamps will be everywhere.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    The one thing you cannot turn off without a mod is zombies. :'( But it is still a really awesome expansion....
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited August 2017
    Oh, I always forget about the zombies. I use a mod to disable them from spawning. You can always set the lunar calendar to a fixed stage (not at the full moon) and they won't spawn. I agree that Supernatural is an awesome EP. I really love Moonlight Falls. It's one of my favorite worlds.
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Zombies can be disabled simply by setting the moon to one phase. Unless someone is going around using zombification elixirs this will stop the zombie spawning once a sim-month.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    Dont recommend the supernatural EP, their map is too simple, bad atmosphere!