Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your living rooms and family rooms.

I need help. I seem to always get stuck with decorating in the living room/family room and usually end up with a couch and tv spaced miles apart. Google results aren't good cause they don't have a realistic feel. Help me out by showing pics of yours!

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    image.jpg
    One I made earlier.
    o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I've got quite a few ;) I've also got top view images of them, I'll put them under spoilers as they usually comprise the entire floor and not just the living room.
    tumblr_or3fgwGUCg1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_or3fc792991v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_op46xhdadm1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_op46xhdadm1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ompscg0WnC1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_omps817G5Z1v8k7elo9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_olzirnV5Yj1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_olzinfn0ue1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oef6315K3x1v8k7elo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oef6315K3x1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oef5znEsuQ1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oczvuvCrVF1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oczvuvCrVF1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oczvs5qUJA1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ocmbzeLu6z1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ocmbzeLu6z1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ocmbzeLu6z1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obycdiO15K1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obycdiO15K1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obyc9m03p41v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o91c9yePcZ1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o91c6yKpDw1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg

I hope this provides some inspiration :)
    All of these rooms are part of cc free houses I shared on the Gallery. My ID is MDianaSanders - in case you want to take a look at them in game.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    Wow. Loving all the ideas. And I will definitely be checking on the gallery for you. Awesome job on decorating.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited August 2017
    tumblr_oef6315K3x1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg
    This is the best one.

Has a slight nautical feel.
  • Options
    PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    Here's the living room in my sim's current house...
    izW7xSq.jpg

Qj5mxSR.jpg

The house itself is a 200 year old fieldstone farmhouse, but the last time it saw renovations was in the 1940's, so it's a little on the rougher side.
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    This is the house I'm playing in at the moment. I downloaded it off the gallery absolutely ages ago and furnished it all myself.
    The living area has been redone about 4-5 times now since my sims have been living there.
    v5WmyVk.jpg
    Birdseye view as it is really difficult to see the layout fully.
    C17tG82.jpg

@MDianaSanders I always really love your builds! I've downloaded a few from the gallery before but just went and grabbed the first one in your post - it's amazing :smile:
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    One of my livingrooms
    11d3c634bb1b79db1d3e93d14a8a2097466.PNG
    7f3ba8cff43dee0e440afbb5c74f3865417.PNG

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    living room of my current household! i'm mega newb at building and furnishing and really just about any non-sim aspect but i'm trying to learn! some things don't match perfectly but hopefully they can be later replaced. . .

OrjLwnP.png
    x8aQfuL.png
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I have a page on Pinterest called "Sims houses" and I just post drool-worthy rooms. Then I go in-game and duplicate them as best I can. It really seems to help me design tough rooms!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited August 2017
    I tried to share a picture, but now photobucket wants you to buy their biggest plan to do it. Blackmail I say, blackmail.
    Post edited by catitude5 on
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Here's one I just did the other weekend:

CYJKlbQ.png
    FkYX9Mw.png

This one right after the Parenthood pack:

8Ckq1p2.png

Unfortunately, I'm at work and can't access any shots of my other rooms.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I tried to share a picture, but now photobucket wants you to buy their biggest plan to do it. Blackmail I say, blackmail.

Just go to Imgur. Quick, easy, and you don't have to sign up.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Wow, nice living rooms, everyone. @MDianaSanders, I really like the colorful ones you built with the Boho type furnishing. They go well with the Parenthood colors, too. I get carried away with color sometimes. It's really hard for me to design a low key color scheme. @PianoCollector, I like that "rougher" edged style, it also looks homey to me, or homely, as they would say in England and Australia. @littlemissgogo, you are doing just great, keep it up! @Feisbukaite, I did a formal living room in a similar style in the last house I built. It's the home of the parents of my new Legacy founder. Her parents are teachers, not that wealthy, but it is her dad's mother's home.
    3CytsQ8.jpg

So I also did a Family Room, with more stuff to do, right off the kitchen.
    hEQL5Jr.jpg

1vcRehf.jpg

The kitchen.
    WqWdfqN.jpg

The dining room.
    zOJbtTW.jpg

I hope my pics aren't too large, is there a forum limit? TS4 seems to have changed the resolution on my screen shots since I reinstalled it after getting a new hard drive, so they're really wide and not very tall. Maybe it's something to do with playing in windowed mode.
  • Options
    @Livin in Sim thanks! definitely helps seeing other peoples' work to pick up some variety. I love the paintings in your living room especially the one above the fireplace and the sheer curtains. Also the shelf of mugs above the coffeemaker is amazing! do you use cc?
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    These are amazing! Y'all're awesome.
    I used to make my houses way, way, wayyyy too big. I think it came from how fickle The Sims 2 pathfinding was, so I always spaced things super far apart. Sims 4 can problem-solve how to walk around obstacles, so now I actually have a habit of making my houses too small, lol. My houses also always have the same layout, no matter how hard I try. These are great inspirations!
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • Options
    @Livin in Sim thanks! definitely helps seeing other peoples' work to pick up some variety. I love the paintings in your living room especially the one above the fireplace and the sheer curtains. Also the shelf of mugs above the coffeemaker is amazing! do you use cc?

Thanks! I do use CC, and the mugs are. I've had them forever, and got them on Around The Sims 4.

http://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/decorative_clutter_04.shtml

The paintings aren't, tho, they were painted by the grandma, and are both Impressionism style, if I recall. I sized up the one over the fireplace and it still looks OK. And the sheer curtains came with Parenthood, finally, yay! I hoping they do ones that cover the whole window, as well. They do come in several colors, not just sheer white.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I love decorating living rooms!

rnaH5aS.png

fwtkBxH.png

Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options

Thanks! I do use CC, and the mugs are. I've had them forever, and got them on Around The Sims 4.

http://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/decorative_clutter_04.shtml

The paintings aren't, tho, they were painted by the grandma, and are both Impressionism style, if I recall. I sized up the one over the fireplace and it still looks OK. And the sheer curtains came with Parenthood, finally, yay! I hoping they do ones that cover the whole window, as well. They do come in several colors, not just sheer white.

thanks for the link & info! luckily my family's current generation just got a painter so I'll have him give those paintings a go. I'm always overlooking in-game goodies so good to know I don't need to install any cc for some of 'em :)
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I like larger homes ( not too large), but I always think when building of the best layout for my game style. The house I posted has second floor as well. I had to add 4th bedroom on the second floor because this couple is so in love and wohoo all the time, and the lady is super fertile. She already has 3 "accident" children plus first planned child. Yesterday I had to terminate another pregnancy. She is getting pregnant almost every third wohoo LOL. Risky wohoo is set on 4%. Other sims get pregnant after more than 10 wohoos.
    I'll post more living rooms once I move on to other households.
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    All of these room are beautiful, but there is just one thing that bothers me; the smoke alarm, I wish they would make them to go on the ceiling so we don't have to see how ugly the are.
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh wow, so many great living areas! Getting a lot of inspiration just looking through these :blush:

I can add a few more examples. The last two houses I made, were in very different styles, with very different living areas.

This is from Henley House, a Tudor style house with a more rustic/country interior. If interested you can find the whole house here. This living area had a very unique layout, which meant it had different 'nook areas'.

8uVaS3w.png
    VhC6XGB.png
    TTWUaEo.png

This is from Modern Abstract, a modern house built for an art critique who likes a bit of color. If interested the whole house can be found here.

KB8qd21.png
    CaUJ1Ei.png
    uRmipTZ.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    I'm having some serious house jealousy over here. :lol:
    whyaccess wrote: »
    All of these room are beautiful, but there is just one thing that bothers me; the smoke alarm, I wish they would make them to go on the ceiling so we don't have to see how ugly the are.

Yeah, it's not the best looking. I'm just glad I can move it up and down the wall now, and it's not stuck so I can't put a cabinet/pots over the stove. Speaking of, @Livin in Sim , your kitchen is AMAZING. I'm completely blown away by it! I almost want it irl.
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    New living room :) I find it difficult making all the wood colours go together.

kRRUwT4.png

hRS6tdL.png
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Why, thank you, @EmoFlowers, for the kind thoughts! I was going for kind of a farmhouse kitchen vibe, and we're getting enough buy/build items now that it's getting easier to do these different styles. You can't see it really well, but I do love the new large sink that came with Parenthood--it takes up the whole counter space and looks so realistic.

I do hunt around for CC clutter/decor, and those red seats in the "breakfast nook" are CC, of course. They can't eat at the table when sitting in them, but they do overlap nicely into the bay window without the visual glitch. Maybe someday the Sims team will do something of the sort. Gosh, wouldn't it be great to have such a kitchen? And the maid to clean it as well! :)
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    megiare wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »

Just go to Imgur. Quick, easy, and you don't have to sign up.

I just went there. I guess what I will do is if I want to share a picture, put it there. Photobucket want 400 bucks a year, owww.