Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's Excited For The Toddler SP?!?

Comments

• Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    RyanxSims wrote: »
    doesn't anyone think maxis could've put all this in the toddler base game patch?

Or at least brought out the pack closer to when they were patched in? While I welcome new content for toddlers (as it is sorely needed) - I was a little sad that we wouldn't be getting any YA-E content for at least three months.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    That pile of pillows looks very interesting, i wonder what could possibly be done with it? Playing hide and seek maybe? Looks like something children could play with as well. Would be amazing if some of the interactive toys could be used by children since they seem to be quite big.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited August 2017
    I want to see all the new stuff! I also have a longing to have a whole bunch more toddlers in my game lol
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    That does look like a sandbox!
  • Options
    A sandbox seems like too much for a stuff pack. Doubt they would give us this much for $10 lol.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    doesn't anyone think maxis could've put all this in the toddler base game patch?

Why do people always say things like this? All packs have a budget. Technically, you might say "Couldn't Maxis have put ALL of the expansions in the base game?" Sure, but it would take forever to release and they would lose money. It's just not practical. They fit what they can into a pack and then move on to the next one. That's it.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

Why do people always say things like this? All packs have a budget. Technically, you might say "Couldn't Maxis have put ALL of the expansions in the base game?" Sure, but it would take forever to release and they would lose money. It's just not practical. They fit what they can into a pack and then move on to the next one. That's it.

People just have standards.
    You can still release DLC for a base game that's already packed with content (example: Cities Skylines)
    Base game being decent doesn't affect the sales of DLC because there always people who just want more. We shouldn't just settle for anything they throw our way and the biggest example that this attitude works is the difference between OR and Parenthood game packs. Or any of the early stuff packs compared to ones like Kids Room, etc.

We deserve good things and there is nothing wrong with asking for them. And toddlers are a sensitive issue on top of that, for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Me! I needed such a SP so much in my game!
  • Options
    simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbj-bIMwdmg
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    yes and no. while i think it looks cute. its not something i asked for or wanted. and i am still quite upset about how all we are getting is just this one stuff pack for this quater when i feel like we should have also gotten a game pack as well.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Another huge special object?
    And clothes look ugly, guess we would be able to find better CC

I figure there will be less flashy color swatches as well. (or at least I'm hoping for it)
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »
    This pack looks very outdoor oriented, all the new build/buy objects look like they belong outside, maybe it will be called outdoor toddler stuff? Doesn't matter, I'm excited for more toddler content, I hope this pack will be similar to the Kids Room stuff pack, that's one of the biggest stuff packs available, added a lot of new CAS and Build/Buy mode objects for kids.

as I said in another thread, most of the stuff we have for toddlers so far, is indoor stuff. It was the stuff for outdoor toddler play that was really missing, since so far, there wasn't really anything for toddlers to do outside, so no real reason to take them to the park. With this stuff, we'll finally have a good reason for parents to take both kids and toddlers to the park with them.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    ME!!!!!!!! *inside voices* they have a ballpit the kid in me wants that ball pit. Lol
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    what are play dates?

play dates are visits or outing with your child and their friend and their parent. So in a nutshell (example):

Mary and Brandi are good friends, they both have kids. So sometimes Mary brings her son over to play with Brandi's twins. Sometimes Brandi brings the twins over Mary's house to play with her son. Or sometimes both Mary and Brandi decide to take all the kids out to the park to join Susan and Bob's kids. It's a great way for very young kids to socialize and develop friendships. It's also a good way for parents to meet new friends they might have never met before.

Funny story, my friend's daughter is playmate and preschool friends with the daughter an old "mean girl" from highschool. Would you believe even though my friend disliked her in highschool, thanks to her daughter's friend she actually developed a friendship with the once "mean girl"

Hmmm if this explanation isn't as clear (might not), think about The Rugrats if you know that cartoon. 90% of the time the baby friends were together. That's because they always had their adventures during "play dates" which as someone said "babies/kids hanging out"

alright thanks.
    But...the game doesn't generate toddlers though? I only play one family and I've never seen other toddlers in my game. Ever.

I haven't seen them out on the street, but I've seen toddlers in families in Manage Households sometimes. And since I use MC Command Center I get a lot of babies in my game (Gavin Richards went on a bit of a campaign to bed the whole town in my current save -- had about 11 or so kids by different townies till he finally "settled down" with Ulrike Faust), and babies turn into toddlers. Maybe the game will start spawning more families with toddlers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    yes and no. while i think it looks cute. its not something i asked for or wanted. and i am still quite upset about how all we are getting is just this one stuff pack for this quater when i feel like we should have also gotten a game pack as well.

We already got 2 GPs this year -- Vampires and Parenthood. GPs take longer than SPs, and EPs take longer than either. And the reason why we got Parenthood so soon after we got Vampires is that a lot of the work on Parenthood may have already been done, but they had to wait for Toddlers to be finished and patched in so they could add in the toddler-based interactions and do the final testing. I could see a possibility of a game pack in December for last minute holiday shoppers, but more likely early 2018, maybe January or February.

Summer is traditionally a down period for video game makers in the US; they know that their key demographic s are probably out doing stuff rather than inside playing games, plus a lot of them are focusing on their big holiday releases. I've got a lot of content I still need to catch up with, and if we can get a few more of the more annoying bugs squashed before the next EP, that would be fantastic.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    ME!!!!!!!! *inside voices* they have a ballpit the kid in me wants that ball pit. Lol

we could put the ballpit at the bowling alley, and give toddlers something to do while the older kids and their parents go bowling :-)
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »

we could put the ballpit at the bowling alley, and give toddlers something to do while the older kids and their parents go bowling :-)

Okay, looks like I'll be doing some more remodeling -- a toddler play area at the bowling alley would be terrific.
  • Options

Okay, looks like I'll be doing some more remodeling -- a toddler play area at the bowling alley would be terrific.

or imagine that submarine playset at the restaurant, along the lines of those big playsets at MacDonalds.
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I would love to see another stuff pack for tots come out, but it would be awesome if we could have weather in the game also. Imagine your tots in their new snow clothes out side in the snow wondering what is this stuff, then Mom and Dad teach them how to make snowballs, make a snowman together for family fun.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

you tell them Icey, :) Complainters please don't poop on our party :p
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    ME!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »

We already got 2 GPs this year -- Vampires and Parenthood. GPs take longer than SPs, and EPs take longer than either. And the reason why we got Parenthood so soon after we got Vampires is that a lot of the work on Parenthood may have already been done, but they had to wait for Toddlers to be finished and patched in so they could add in the toddler-based interactions and do the final testing. I could see a possibility of a game pack in December for last minute holiday shoppers, but more likely early 2018, maybe January or February.

Summer is traditionally a down period for video game makers in the US; they know that their key demographic s are probably out doing stuff rather than inside playing games, plus a lot of them are focusing on their big holiday releases. I've got a lot of content I still need to catch up with, and if we can get a few more of the more annoying bugs squashed before the next EP, that would be fantastic.

If we get Cars for Christmas, we are going to crash Origin :DB)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    MEEE! I've been ready for this pack since January, and the trailer looks AMAZING!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    filipomel wrote: »
    This pack looks very outdoor oriented, all the new build/buy objects look like they belong outside, maybe it will be called outdoor toddler stuff? Doesn't matter, I'm excited for more toddler content, I hope this pack will be similar to the Kids Room stuff pack, that's one of the biggest stuff packs available, added a lot of new CAS and Build/Buy mode objects for kids.

as I said in another thread, most of the stuff we have for toddlers so far, is indoor stuff. It was the stuff for outdoor toddler play that was really missing, since so far, there wasn't really anything for toddlers to do outside, so no real reason to take them to the park. With this stuff, we'll finally have a good reason for parents to take both kids and toddlers to the park with them.

Yesss, I'm so excited that families can finally spend time together in parks. Before this stuff pack it didn't make sense to bring toddlers anywhere unless you were satisfied with them just sitting on the ground with a tablet. How amazing would it be if children could also use the slide? The selection of indoor toys for toddlers we already have is good enough for now, I think it's a brilliant idea on the devs' part to finally let us take toddlers outside. I haven't been this excited for a stuff pack since kids room stuff!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm very excited for this. I love having more unique stuff for kids and toddlers, as this makes playing them more varied and worthwhile! I'm playing a family with a toddler right now, and can't wait do dress him up in these cute outfits and put some of these objects in the backyard!