Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs won't fix The Sims 4

SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The Sims 4 has so many limitations compared to the previous games. The Sims 3 had an open world, CASt, terrain tools, edit world and probably a lot more that I don't know of. And I get why The Sims 4 is more limited. The performance of The Sims 3 wasn't very good, and so they get rid of all of these features. I also think that the whole online part of The Sims 4, The Gallery (which I think is definetly very nice), has a lot to do with these limitations. How could you place a clif lot on a flat beach lot? So again, I understand the limitations.
But if they take out all of these amazing features, then the basic stuff, that The Sims 4 is, has to be SPOT ON! And The Sims 4 is far from spot on. I'm not getting too detailed, but there are sooooooooooo many bugs and basic things that are not included. I can't even set up a time for a social event!
Sure, they have added some nice things to the game, like the amazing CAS and The Gallery, but it just doesn't weigh in to the amazing things that have been added in the previous games of The Sims.
I have spent more than a $150 on additional content for The Sims 4, but three quaters of what I have purchased hasn't been satisfying at all. Almost all of the content haven't really added anything substantively for the game. It is al gameplay animations and objects. We can't even build our own appartments! The the base game still feels like a sloppy mess. A few days ago I played the base game of The Sims 3 and that was just so nice to get back to. The only reason why I stay with The Sims 4 is because I have spent so many hours building (I'm a builder) that I know build mode from top to bottom. I don't eactly know where I am going with this, but I won't be buying anymore DLC's anymore until something with great content is released.
EDIT: My post on August 20th, at 10:14 PM, on page 6 explains my thoughts a bit more.
Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
hPtVNfA.png
Post edited by SimmerNickYT on

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @nickibitsward Well said :smile: *bows down*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The Sims 4 spent most of its time in development as an online game. It wasn't until SimCity failed that EA decided that route wasn't the best one to go down. So they gave them a year to round it out into what we got.

The massive downgrades (no CASt in any form, no terrain manipulation, simplified build tools, etc) served to lessen the amount of data that had to be downloaded off of EA servers, and the exclusions (no toddlers, no service Sims, no family tree, ghosts, pools, etc) highlight the mismanaged vision they had for the online game.

So you're right that packs probably won't fix the game. It does put pressure on the team developing the inevitable follow up, and I don't expect the same 'vision' after the massive fallout Sims 4's got.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Um, I thought that for a long time. Yes, the core is awful, but GPs can fix a lot of things in TS4. Take for instance Parenthood it did flesh out teenagers in a way people had been demanding since the base game. They are more moody, like real life, players have the chance to make their games more interesting by not punishing bad behavior which can give way to more interesting gameplay with a little more drama. Which TS4 is lacking badly. If a player wants to ignore toddlers bad behaviors and other kids in the game they can soon have a neighborhood totally vandalized by messes...something us grunge lovers welcome. TS4 is way to neat and 'pretty'. Give us some dirt and grunge and enviornment scores to go along with it. In new packs they could tweak decoration buffs to not matter so much. I have built several houses in my game where they don't receive any decorative buffs but still have the basic things they need, and it's harder to play which I welcome.

Vampires is a good example of what could be done to liven up the AI and the surprises as long as they don't listen to those who have buyer's remorse and tweak it like they did alien abduction. Yes, they could tone down the hugging, the yaking to each other and focus more on this being central to motives rather than because there is nothing in their AI other than hugging and talking..and actually they could fix all that in some GPs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Um, I thought that for a long time. Yes, the core is awful, but GPs can fix a lot of things in TS4. Take for instance Parenthood it did flesh out teenagers in a way people had been demanding since the base game. They are more moody, like real life, players have the chance to make their games more interesting by not punishing bad behavior which can give way to more interesting gameplay with a little more drama. Which TS4 is lacking badly. If a player wants to ignore toddlers bad behaviors and other kids in the game they can soon have a neighborhood totally vandalized by messes...something us grunge lovers welcome. TS4 is way to neat and 'pretty'. Give us some dirt and grunge and enviornment scores to go along with it. In new packs they could tweak decoration buffs to not matter so much. I have built several houses in my game where they don't receive any decorative buffs but still have the basic things they need, and it's harder to play which I welcome.

Vampires is a good example of what could be done to liven up the AI and the surprises as long as they don't listen to those who have buyer's remorse and tweak it like they did alien abduction. Yes, they could tone down the hugging, the yaking to each other and focus more on this being central to motives rather than because there is nothing in their AI other than hugging and talking..and actually they could fix all that in some GPs.

Parenthood is good in the way that it adds more depth to the whole development aspect of Sims through character traits, some new interactions, and even little autonomous things such as thinking as family members on their own which adds much immersion.

However, while those things are great, The Sims 4 is still the same; you still have the same point-and-click zero depth GTW careers, the repetitive/non-innovative aspirations, and whims which provide mostly meaningless rewards for an already easy game. And that is what I feel OP is getting at. At the end of the day, The Sims 4's flaws will always overshadow anything they do with packs.

I think a patch which redesigns aspirations, or adds a whole new gameplay component to the game is desperately needed, in the midst of MANY other patches this game desperately needs to fix its lackluster functionality and gameplay.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Everyone has pretty much summed up how I feel about the game as well. I'm playing it more right now because the GP, SP, and EP, have added to the playability. But in the end 1) EA should have listened when the majority of simmers after playing TSO begged for them to never try and make the Sims an online game. 2) it was rushed. And 3)The whole "WE are focusing on the sims themselves. They are smarter... blah. blah. blah." If not for those I think the Sims 4 could have been a superb follow up to the Sims 3, with a more seemless flowing open world. A beefed up CASt, and better and smarter sims.

But in the end the game is what it is, and we have to take it for what it is. Find ways to enjoy it if one can. I know I am now, with more content added to it. But like someone else said, it's just window dressing, covering up the lack luster limited of the core game.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    For me, ts4 has actually ended up being better than I expected it to be. But then, my expectations were extemely low :D

I do feel that some of the packs have improved the game itself, but a lot of them are wasted, just filled with new shinies. And we have, of course, had some improvements to the base game patched in - toddlers, pools etc. It is certainly in a better state than the horrific mess that was the base game when it first released.

But, yes, there are too many flaws in the structure of the game which any amount of pack releases will be unable to fix. The emotions, the lack of individual personalities, the lack of cast and open world, the bugs, restricted creativity with building, no hood editing etc.

Lucky for me, I can sometimes appreciate the game with what we have. But it will never become a great game like ts2 and ts3. In fact, I doubt it will ever become a good game. Mediocre is where it will stay.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Toddlers and Parenthood have been a major plus to the game for me, but even with those, I still set the game aside.
    I am still not interested enough to keep playing. If I still feel the same after Seasons and University or something new, then it's true, nothing will probably fix it for me and I might as well give up. I hope EA picks up the Drama and Danger GP idea. Maybe that will liven things up.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    Toddlers and Parenthood have been a major plus to the game for me, but even with those, I still set the game aside.
    I am still not interested enough to keep playing. If I still feel the same after Seasons and University or something new, then it's true, nothing will probably fix it for me and I might as well give up. I hope EA picks up the Drama and Danger GP idea. Maybe that will liven things up.

The pack/patch I want likely cannot happen due to how it would require them to change the base game in a pretty big way. But, personally, I'd like it if TS4 were more challenging, and there was more thought, planning, and strategy required to succeed in the game, with plenty of risk and danger mixed in.

Add an overhauled life-goal/aspiration system with rewards that actually feel important, and I'd be very happy.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

The pack/patch I want likely cannot happen due to how it would require them to change the base game in a pretty big way. But, personally, I'd like it if TS4 were more challenging, and there was more thought, planning, and strategy required to succeed in the game, with plenty of risk and danger mixed in.

Add an overhauled life-goal/aspiration system with rewards that actually feel important, and I'd be very happy.

Same, I wish the game was just /harder/. I wish it would be harder for single sims to make a living. Feels like my sims become rich fast and then game doesn't even offer you any options to relish in your fortune. Wish it would be harder to raise newborn babies, wish sims would get more tired. I wish the decisions we make for the sims when they start their careers, etc. , the order in which we do things actually mattered so it wouldn't be obvious from the start that your sim is going to end up exactly how you want them... The lack of negative emotions, hurt and sadness is also disappointing. I understand this wasn't really the concept for Sims 4 but i'm starting to get tired of everything being so idyllic and perfect all the time.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I call the Sims 4 the "Leave it to Beaver" of the series. Everything is super easy and super nice. There are no worries or problems. Nothing. You have to do your best to create drama. And I hate it how you make your sims fight and argue, and then they turn around and start being BFFs again. I want back the game play from previous games. It was great and what I like. It's not watered down like now.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I call the Sims 4 the "Leave it to Beaver" of the series. Everything is super easy and super nice. There are no worries or problems. Nothing. You have to do your best to create drama. And I hate it how you make your sims fight and argue, and then they turn around and start being BFFs again. I want back the game play from previous games. It was great and what I like. It's not watered down like now.

Heh. I read the 'Leave it to Beaver,' and stopped there.

Yes. Definitely. 'Leave it to Beaver.' :*
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I think getting rid of open world, Create-a-Style, terrain tools....etc., etc. is just an excuse, as is supposedly making Sims 4 playable on older machines. There were and probably still are some performance issues with Sims 3 but Sims 4 has enough of it's own. Sims 4 was rushed, a weak base salvaged from the bones of an on-line game and it reminds me of a mobile game rather than a proper Sims game. I have only bought the base game and won't be buying any else for it. Sims 3 works just fine for me. I have every EP and SP and 99% of the store. And I have no mods.
    EA doesn't need excuses and there aren't anything random about those things being omitted. To believe otherwise is just not understanding at all what kind of company EA is.

So no. Getting rid of the open world, create-a-style, terrain tools, toddlers and so on was planned by EA and not at all something that suddenly happened by accident. Why? Was it just because EA wanted the minimum requirements to be even lower than they were for TS3 even though average simmers had much stronger computer in 2014 than they had in 2009 when TS3 was released? No because this wouldn't make any sense at all.

So what happened? How could EA think that experienced simmers would like to get rid of toddlers, have simplified babies, no open world anymore, no terrain tools, no create-a-style and so on anymore? The answer can only be that EA didn't expect that at all?

So why? The only reasonable answer is that EA couldn't really see any way to improve TS3 and that EA knew that new young simmers bought most of the Sims games anyway. So EA must just have decided not to target TS4 at new simmers at all. Instead I think that EA chose to look back at TS1 which had very high sales numbers and decided to start over such that TS4 mainly just could become an improved version of TS1.

If we think about that then it suddenly becomes clear what the plan was. TS1 sold extremely well without toddlers, without an open world, without create-a-style, without terrain tools and so on and TS1 even had ugly primitive graphics. So why not let TS4 again become a similar game without most of the things from TS3 but with much better graphics, a little multitasking, new emotions and very easy to use build mode? Yes veteran simmers would hardly like such a game now. But they would have been hard to satisfy anyway. But there were no obvious reason why all the millions of new simmers wouldn't love such a game even more than the new simmers had loved TS1 all those years ago.

So as I see it EA just decided to target TS4 almost exclusively at new simmers who sure wouldn't miss toddlers, the open world and all the other things. EA also decided to mostly make smaller and cheaper expansions for TS4 and to omit the most traditional big EPs and EA seems to me to have done just about everything right because TS4 seems to actually be one of the best selling Sims games ever.

So why are the gurus not showing much interest in our opinions any more? IMO because TS4 never was targeted at us experienced simmers anyway. So why should they care?
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited August 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    I think getting rid of open world, Create-a-Style, terrain tools....etc., etc. is just an excuse, as is supposedly making Sims 4 playable on older machines. There were and probably still are some performance issues with Sims 3 but Sims 4 has enough of it's own. Sims 4 was rushed, a weak base salvaged from the bones of an on-line game and it reminds me of a mobile game rather than a proper Sims game. I have only bought the base game and won't be buying any else for it. Sims 3 works just fine for me. I have every EP and SP and 99% of the store. And I have no mods.
    EA doesn't need excuses and there aren't anything random about those things being omitted. To believe otherwise is just not understanding at all what kind of company EA is.

So no. Getting rid of the open world, create-a-style, terrain tools, toddlers and so on was planned by EA and not at all something that suddenly happened by accident. Why? Was it just because EA wanted the minimum requirements to be even lower than they were for TS3 even though average simmers had much stronger computer in 2014 than they had in 2009 when TS3 was released? No because this wouldn't make any sense at all.

So what happened? How could EA think that experienced simmers would like to get rid of toddlers, have simplified babies, no open world anymore, no terrain tools, no create-a-style and so on anymore? The answer can only be that EA didn't expect that at all?

So why? The only reasonable answer is that EA couldn't really see any way to improve TS3 and that EA knew that new young simmers bought most of the Sims games anyway. So EA must just have decided not to target TS4 at new simmers at all. Instead I think that EA chose to look back at TS1 which had very high sales numbers and decided to start over such that TS4 mainly just could become an improved version of TS1.

If we think about that then it suddenly becomes clear what the plan was. TS1 sold extremely well without toddlers, without an open world, without create-a-style, without terrain tools and so on and TS1 even had ugly primitive graphics. So why not let TS4 again become a similar game without most of the things from TS3 but with much better graphics, a little multitasking, new emotions and very easy to use build mode? Yes veteran simmers would hardly like such a game now. But they would have been hard to satisfy anyway. But there were no obvious reason why all the millions of new simmers wouldn't love such a game even more than the new simmers had loved TS1 all those years ago.

So as I see it EA just decided to target TS4 almost exclusively at new simmers who sure wouldn't miss toddlers, the open world and all the other things. EA also decided to mostly make smaller and cheaper expansions for TS4 and to omit the most traditional big EPs and EA seems to me to have done just about everything right because TS4 seems to actually be one of the best selling Sims games ever.

So why are the gurus not showing much interest in our opinions any more? IMO because TS4 never was targeted at us experienced simmers anyway. So why should they care?

To me, getting rid of all that I mentioned (open world, etc.) to improve performance or so the game would play on low-end machines (and because they "went back to basics") are all excuses. They had to get rid of all that because they salvaged Sims 4 from an on line game and the base wouldn't handle it. They can prove me wrong anytime by reinstating all of it.

As far as new players, I don't know who their target audience is. The old time simmers with the money who have been loyal to the game since day one? Certainly not. The new young simmers without the money? Well, where would that get them? You keep saying they are targeting young teens but I don't know any young teens, my niece included, who like Sims 4. My niece is 13, she loves Sims 3. She loves to redo all her towns, loves the open world. When she tried Sims 4 she was looking for the ability to do those same things and when she didn't find them in 4 she never played it again.

Sims 4 may be selling (not sure how well because I never seen any "official stats" and anybody can say "the game is selling really well") but how many sales have they lost? I've only bought the base game and will buy nothing else where I had everything from Sims 1 up to Into the Future and all the store for Sims 3. They've lost all my money but as, according to you, they don't care I doubt it will keep them up at night.

• Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    @Erpe So it's more along the lines of it being a spin off of TS1 instead of an actual continuation of the Sims series. Basically a reboot for the new generations and the series will continue on from TS4 standards, not the previous iterations.
  • Options
    Baenre wrote: »
    @Erpe So it's more along the lines of it being a spin off of TS1 instead of an actual continuation of the Sims series. Basically a reboot for the new generations and the series will continue on from TS4 standards, not the previous iterations.
    That is the way I see it. But of course EA would again evaluate the situation when TS5 had to be developed. So until we see TS5 we can't know for sure if TS5 just will be a continuation of this reboot or if its design will be based on some new idea instead.
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Baenre wrote: »
    That is the way I see it. But of course EA would again evaluate the situation when TS5 had to be developed. So until we see TS5 we can't know for sure if TS5 just will be a continuation of this reboot or if its design will be based on some new idea instead.

I think it's a valid point of view as it would explain why 4 feels very different from being a continuation from the series. But you're right, TS5 would let us know more about where this is going.
  • Options
    @nickibitsward Why would EA need to make excuses to you? EA can stop the Sims series at any time and you can be very sure that if that happens then EA won't make excuses to anybody ;)

TS4 was obviously never meant to be an online game and you can be very sure that TS5 won't be such a game either. How do I know that? The reason is that it would be to destroy one of EA's most profitable game series ever! Online games are usually the same as MMO games. But such games are almost always free to play and their expansions are usually free too. So that idea would cost EA hundreds of millions of dollars without any compensation.

So what was Olympus? An employee who didn't know and who only worked on minor details in that project assumed that it was meant to become TS4. But he was obviously wrong. The graphics was awful. So it was a very preliminary project just to investigate some ideas. But I am quite sure that it wasn't for TS4 (at least not the PC version). But EA obviously wanted MMO versions of he Sims games for other platforms and especially mobile devices. So it is quite possible that Olympus was a very preliminary project of the now partly released Sims Mobile game.

For the Sims on PC it should be clear for everybody that EA's main income comes from selling a huge number of expansions. But this isn't possible for mobile devices and likely also not for consoles. Therefore the Sims Freeplay and the Sims Mobile are both free to play MMO games. But EA still doesn't allow any of those games to be released for PCs too because it is so very much more profitable just to let the PC games be offline games with a huge number of expansions. To release a free to play MMO Sims game for PCs would just be to tempt a lot of especially young teens to choose the free MMO game over the expensive TS4. So EA won't allow that and almost certainly also not for TS5.
  • Options
    Sims 4 may be selling (not sure how well because I never seen any "official stats" and anybody can say "the game is selling really well") but how many sales have they lost? I've only bought the base game and will buy nothing else where I had everything from Sims 1 up to Into the Future and all the store for Sims 3. They've lost all my money but as, according to you, they don't care I doubt it will keep them up at night.

If they had designed The Sims 4 as a full-fledged life simulator including the best of TS2 and TS3, updating tools such as CAW to be more user-friendly and powerful, I think TS4 would have way more impressive sales.

I do think the numbers TS4 has are largely attributed to how often it goes on sale, and how often it is discounted largely.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    @Erpe you realize that remnants of multiplayer code, mentions of multiple clients, etc. have all been already found in The Sims 4 innards right? It is all there. Whether Sims 4 was meant to be an online based game or not is no longer a speculation, it is a fact. Denying it further is just silly. It was obvious from the start just considering the way this game's plum engine was designed, with the protocol buffers mess. Not to mention internet is full of renders from Sims 4 as an online game beta, etc. Sims 4 was going to follow the model of Sim City 2013 with small servers available to 2-8 players, meant to be shared together. That's why neighborhoods in the game are the way they are now. There have been attempts in the past at activating the multiplayer remnants in the game, it worked out but not well enough for an actual multiplayer mod to be made. Your theory that EA just decided to make Sims 4 a Sims 1 clone in order to trick young kids is ridiculous. You're making it seem as if Sims 1 success was due to it being a simple game, not the fact it was the very, very first ACTUAL life simulation game on the market ever and people just fell in love with that concept. EA had no business going back to the series' roots, Sims 4 is a mess of a game made last minute with absolutely no thought, heart or soul put into it due to the lack of time and budget. Please stop spreading conspiracy theories and speculation everywhere when we have actual facts to explain us why Sims 4 is the way it is.

@GoldenBuffy The thing you mentioned about sims immediately switching to a friendly chatter after having just insulted one another is so depressing, lol. Parenthood fixed that in a way, adding an option for sims to have an actual argument instead of doing mean socials back and forth but yeah, that's very telling on how Sims 4 world was created to be a sunshine rainbow land of happiness and love which becomes tiring after a while, especially when you're an adult.

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited August 2017
    @nickibitsward Why would EA need to make excuses to you? EA can stop the Sims series at any time and you can be very sure that if that happens then EA won't make excuses to anybody ;)

TS4 was obviously never meant to be an online game and you can be very sure that TS5 won't be such a game either. How do I know that? The reason is that it would be to destroy one of EA's most profitable game series ever! Online games are usually the same as MMO games. But such games are almost always free to play and their expansions are usually free too. So that idea would cost EA hundreds of millions of dollars without any compensation.

So what was Olympus? An employee who didn't know and who only worked on minor details in that project assumed that it was meant to become TS4. But he was obviously wrong. The graphics was awful. So it was a very preliminary project just to investigate some ideas. But I am quite sure that it wasn't for TS4 (at least not the PC version). But EA obviously wanted MMO versions of he Sims games for other platforms and especially mobile devices. So it is quite possible that Olympus was a very preliminary project of the now partly released Sims Mobile game.

For the Sims on PC it should be clear for everybody that EA's main income comes from selling a huge number of expansions. But this isn't possible for mobile devices and likely also not for consoles. Therefore the Sims Freeplay and the Sims Mobile are both free to play MMO games. But EA still doesn't allow any of those games to be released for PCs too because it is so very much more profitable just to let the PC games be offline games with a huge number of expansions. To release a free to play MMO Sims game for PCs would just be to tempt a lot of especially young teens to choose the free MMO game over the expensive TS4. So EA won't allow that and almost certainly also not for TS5.

The Sims 4 started out as an online multiplayer game as corroborated by code references still found in the game files. Above poster did a fine job explaining that.

In regard to the 'graphics' you refer to - that's a flash based mockup. Essentially a picture of development assets in an early stage who's sole purpose is to give the UI a little context. It's not like they were playing the game, they took some screenshots and cycle through them like a slideshow with a somewhat-interactive UI pasted on top. If you can't comprehend that you aren't in any position to be making outrageous claims with zero supporting evidence behind them.

Lastly: Online games aren't the same thing as free to play games, let's clear that up now. F2P games are almost entirely exclusive to mobile. SimCity was an online-only game, and it was not F2P, nor were any of it's DLC or it's one expansion.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    its like adding make up to an ugly, bearded masculine face. it wont help.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Erpe you realize that remnants of multiplayer code, mentions of multiple clients, etc. have all been already found in The Sims 4 innards right? It is all there. Whether Sims 4 was meant to be an online based game or not is no longer a speculation, it is a fact. Denying it further is just silly. It was obvious from the start just considering the way this game's plum engine was designed, with the protocol buffers mess. Not to mention internet is full of renders from Sims 4 as an online game beta, etc. Sims 4 was going to follow the model of Sim City 2013 with small servers available to 2-8 players, meant to be shared together. That's why neighborhoods in the game are the way they are now. There have been attempts in the past at activating the multiplayer remnants in the game, it worked out but not well enough for an actual multiplayer mod to be made. Your theory that EA just decided to make Sims 4 a Sims 1 clone in order to trick young kids is ridiculous. You're making it seem as if Sims 1 success was due to it being a simple game, not the fact it was the very, very first ACTUAL life simulation game on the market ever and people just fell in love with that concept. EA had no business going back to the series' roots, Sims 4 is a mess of a game made last minute with absolutely no thought, heart or soul put into it due to the lack of time and budget. Please stop spreading conspiracy theories and speculation everywhere when we have actual facts to explain us why Sims 4 is the way it is.

You're wasting your breath (or your fingers in this case), I and others have show all of the evidence to Erpe repeatedly that The Sims 4 was once Olympus, but the next time you see him posting, guess what?... He's back to posting that it was never meant to be an online game.

Erpe has formed his own narrative of why the Sims 4 is the way it is, and nothing will ever dissuade him from it.

However I must say that The Sims 1 was NOT the first actual life simulation game on the market ever, that title belongs to Little Computer People (one of the games which actually inspired TS1)

raw
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top