Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Living the Last Days (According to Guru Graham it's unlikely to have it)

FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
OK so the other day I was playing a save where I'm living that parental life with my and my boyfriends simself; waking up my husband, preparing breakfast and a sack of lunch for our daughter, trying to fart secretly from her for the sake of her manners... You know, the usual. After I sent everyone to their workplaces I found myself in the bathroom working on my fake expressions that I'm gonna need when I'm recording a reaction to a reaction video with all my fakeness for my social media career. I looked into the mirror and saw an unfamiliar face in front of me. When I got closer it began to seem like someone I knew. Holy shnookerdookies! It's me! But how?! Where did those wrinkles come from??
I was white as chalk. My eyes and my mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise, and although I was staring straight at my reflection still. I swear the god after the first shocking realization my whole life went straight through my head. Then I started to wonder about elderly things. Like what will happen to my inheritance? Do I even have any? What if I feel like my legs don't work properly where can I get a cane? What if I don't want to bother anyone when I get really really older like can't-walk-anymore-even-with-a-cane kind of older, is there anywhere that I can spend the rest of my life? A nursing home maybe?

Our faces will look like maps with contour lines someday so why not ask for some benefits? So my suggestions are;

- Canes
- Nursing homes
- Activities for our elders such as knitting, crocheting etc.
- More wrinkles
- New meals that only elders can cook
- Flower arrangements
- Spesific interactions
- Rocking chairs, swing seats/chairs
- Some new specific part-time careers for them after their retirement.
- A new trait system.
- Various gravestones
- Inheritance
- Age related diseases
- Funeral experiences

Trait System:

Did they always have those values? Probably not. Once your sim becomes an elder they will get special traits which will be unlocked based on their life experiences.

Grumpy/Lovely: You can barely share your opinions with grumpy elders. By virtue of having lived forever, they know it all, and have solidly immutable, and often completely ridonculous opinions on absolutely everything. They like to spend time alone and enjoy it more. They get tense around noisy babies and are tend to be angry most of the time.

Lovely trait is the opposite of grumpy. They love others having an opinion to share them with. They are tend to be around other sims and helping them. Lovely sims also can bake cookies with love which give a cozy moodlet and happiness to the ones who eat them.

Absent Minded/Disciplined: -

Two traits for age related diseases: If your elder sim wasn't active that much they are tend to have age related diseases more than other elders.

Special Interactions/Action:

- Rest eyes instead of Nap action. It adds nothing new honestly just changes the name.
- Put glasses on when they have to read something.

PS: These suggestions are not the final results I would be detaling and make additions to them in time but @SimGuruGraham told me that it's not likely to have an elder related pack in TS4. :(

y3Ojz0.jpg
Post edited by Furkean on

Comments

• KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I would absolutely love that. I feel like there's really not much for elders to do any as a family player I really do like that life stage just as much as any other life stages. I wish there was knitting and crocheting, rocking chairs, canes, specific elder meals... That all sounds like stuff that would flesh out that stage of a sim's life more. Not sure about the age related illnesses because I'm very anxious and afraid of having one myself and them appearing in the game would likely make me very uncomfortable.
  • simssiilijeesimssiilijee Posts: 1 New Member
    This would be really nice imo. There's barely any "good" stuff for elders and they can't really do much in game. I'd like to see more unique gameplay for them (like you mentioned) and it makes me sad to see that it's unlikely they'd add anything elder related to the game. There's stuff for toddlers and kids, so why not elders too?
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    @SimGuruGraham told me that they don't have an elder related SP for the future. That doesn't mean there wouldn't be a GP for elders tho they wouldn't make a GP for a specific life stage IMO. :(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Furkean wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham told me that they don't have an elder related SP for the future. That doesn't mean there wouldn't be a GP for elders tho they wouldn't make a GP for a specific life stage IMO. :(

Some of the ideas could be included in an actual Generations-type GP, since Parenthood was focused on relationships between parents and offspring. We need more for elders, also more distinctions between young adults and adults, and still more things to set teens apart from young adults.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2017
    Furkean wrote: »

Some of the ideas could be included in an actual Generations-type GP, since Parenthood was focused on relationships between parents and offspring. We need more for elders, also more distinctions between young adults and adults, and still more things to set teens apart from young adults.

True true. I saw generations pack ideas in the forums but they were so generalized for every age and they seemed so many things going on there. I wanted to keep this idea focused mostly on elders and simple because there are people out there (and I mean multiple human beings beside me and that's rare) feel like elders are outcasted... For WHAT?! Because they can't chew strong enough and mess up the carpet your wife bought recently?! Or because they smell "weird" when they fart like they are already dead inside?! Or just because they don't have the strength they had before anymore and can't even have more than two woohoos during the day?! They are your PA-RENTS! They were there when you were messing up THEIR carpet and changed your full-of-it diaper when you were smelling "weird" and they taught you how to walk in the first day of your toddlerhood when you were feeling like you don't have strength even to stand up alone! (yeah that part is a bit weird I mean what baby can walk at the first try?) so it's time for us to get it all together and show some more love to our elders.

PS: I just want an elder related pack so bad please don't hate me, didn't mean to aim anyone I'm just putting out my opinions out there, mostly here and twitter where I created another account just for my TS4 obsession and you can follow me there it's @phurcon thank you.

Edit: I made my point more clear and funny. And if you don't get it that's not my problem.
  • AngelSimmzAngelSimmz Posts: 41 Member
    This is cute :p . I love elders they're just really basic right now.