Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing single sims is much more fun here!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    It's odd that TS4 seems to be mostly focused on YA+ gameplay, but single young adults are the most boring age group to play with in my opinion. I need atleast two sims to have fun :D .
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    As an avid single sim player on both TS3 and TS4, single sim in TS4 is much more fun if you only have the base game. This is primarily due to the fact that the community lots and all that aren't rabbit holes unlike the TS3 base game. That being said, I only ever had Late Night EP on TS3 and boy can I tell you, you can juice out soooo much single sim gameplay from that one EP
    Sims 4 basegame open community lots: museum, gym, library, park, swimming pool (I'm being generous here), bar.
    Sims 3 basegame open community lots: museum, gym, library, park, swimming pool, beach.
    So, not sure what you're talking about. Playing a single sim in Sims 4 basegame works better than valium I can assure you from personal experience.

Does'nt need to be centered on hang outs, many of my sims just stayed home and mostly socialized at the PC. I used to hve a mod that removes Stir Crazy moodlet.
    I was referring to "This is primarily due to the fact that the community lots and all that aren't rabbit holes unlike the TS3 base game" ;) That's factually untrue.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    As an avid single sim player on both TS3 and TS4, single sim in TS4 is much more fun if you only have the base game. This is primarily due to the fact that the community lots and all that aren't rabbit holes unlike the TS3 base game. That being said, I only ever had Late Night EP on TS3 and boy can I tell you, you can juice out soooo much single sim gameplay from that one EP
    Sims 4 basegame open community lots: museum, gym, library, park, swimming pool (I'm being generous here), bar.
    Sims 3 basegame open community lots: museum, gym, library, park, swimming pool, beach.
    So, not sure what you're talking about. Playing a single sim in Sims 4 basegame works better than valium I can assure you from personal experience.

Does'nt need to be centered on hang outs, many of my sims just stayed home and mostly socialized at the PC. I used to hve a mod that removes Stir Crazy moodlet.
    I was referring to "This is primarily due to the fact that the community lots and all that aren't rabbit holes unlike the TS3 base game" ;) That's factually untrue.

It always depends on what community lots you prefer to play active. If you're bored with a museum or library, but would like to play your sims actively in a restaurant or spa, you can't have this in TS3 without mods or store content (rabbithole rugs can help there )
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    You can't have a restaurant or a Spa in Sims 4 without additions either. They aren't in the basegame of Sims 4. In both Sims 3 and 4 you'll need packs or Store stuff to expand your amount of open venues and in both games you can. That was not the point of the post I was reacting to though, I'll requote:
    That, very simply, is not true. Sims 3 basegame had the same amount of open venues Sims 4 had. Technically speaking even more, because it took a couple of months before swimming pools were added to the basegame of TS4.

(I can confirm the remark about Late Nigh by the way; I've had months of fun playing one sim with practically only what came in that EP)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2017
    i never liked playing families, i feel like i can explore more of the game with just one sim.