Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pema22's Selection Challenge- Twenty-sixth Chapter Up!

Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
Link to Website: https://bejewelledselection.wordpress.com/
Meet the Prince
Interview with the Prince
Meet the Girls- Part 1
Meet the Girls- Part 2
The Welcoming Ball
The First Dates
Back at the House
The First Elimination
Spas and Strikes
The Right Direction
Halloween Report
The First Kiss
The Treasure Hunt
Brindleton Bay
The Stolen Heart
The Sylvan Glade
The House Wars
The Winter Ball
The Christmas Special
A New Resolution
The Von Haunt Estate
Simtopia's Sweetheart
Picturesque
Royal Mistakes
The Pink Princess Party
The Foreign Ball
Granite Falls

Hi all,
I am very excited to be starting my own Selection challenge, where girls from all across Simland compete in a bachelor like fashion to win the heart of the prince, and the crown!

The general storyline follows the contestants through everyday life and challenges in an attempt to become the queen of Simland and wife of the handsome prince, where the girls must endure through weekly interviews called The Report, challenges to compete for the prince's time, and most importantly, make it through the weekly eliminations that send one girl packing her bags. The crazy competition continues, as one by one they all go home, until there is only one left. The drama, the dresses, the scandals! All here in the Selection <3

(link to original challenge creator and rules, I will be playing the Die-Hard version) https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884900/the-selection-challenge-in-testing/p1

Submission Criteria: (feel free to submit 1-2 girls please minimal cc, currently I still don't have a few stuff packs, like bowling and cool kitchen stuff, if you submit stuff with it thats fine but I will probably have to find something similar)

Name:
Current Town/City (Windenburg, San Myshuno etc):
Career (doesn't have to be in the game):
Traits:
Aspiration:
Favourite Colour:
Favourite Drink:
Costume Inspiration (I will use these for a costume/halloween party):
Backstory:
Pictures (if possible):

Please upload them to the gallery using #selectionchallenge22

Looking forward to seeing your entries, I will be finalising entries by the end of August, <3
Pema
Post edited by Pema22 on

Comments

• Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    edited January 2018
    Girls so far:
    @Tezzie7645 - Elayna Hardson
    20uyd09.jpg
    @Tezzie7645 - Lily Milner
    5ah09e.jpg
    @MINEZ - Elysia Jordan
    1zpirnn.jpg
    @MINEZ - Juliana Thorne
    tag4dz.jpg
    @SoulGal7 - Rochelle Larkin
    aue73q.jpg
    @kittymeow - Maddison Fraser
    2mn13yv.jpg
    @wendelyne - Claire Reid
    14xids5.jpg
    @Irishsong - Luna Wake
    2i899pv.jpg
    @Irishsong - Roxy Wake
    2v9yres.jpg
    @kittymeow - Poppy Hensley
    xf6j3t.jpg
    @SoulGal7 - Blanche Noir
    15z58us.jpg
    @buzz_infamous - Felisa Rowey
    WQJ7ySh.png
    @HappyFuzzyKitty - Rose Camillo
    RKh4YCs.png
    @HappyFuzzyKitty - Laila Poole
    iVJBVjc.png
    @xJojox - Holly Loveday
    z5BEcow.png
    Post edited by Pema22 on
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Name: Elysia Jordan
    Current Town/City : Willow Creek
    Career : Music Education Major
    Traits: Music Lover, Good, and Family Oriented
    Aspiration: Musical Genius
    Favourite Colour: Indigo
    Favourite Drink: Wine
    Costume Inspiration: Native American
    Backstory: Elysia Jordan is has always wanted a big family. In the mean time she has had a few bad relationships and was apprehensive about being submitted to the Selection. She is currently enrolled in University with the ambition of being a Music Teacher. Elysia is doubtful she'll be chosen but her younger sisters were quite persuasive. Their argument was that if she wanted a big family why not try it with the picture of perfection, the Prince!! It would also given her the platform to advocate musical education. That's a plus, right? Still, Elysia has still has her doubts, two bad boyfriends later and she still hasn't found Mr.Right.
    Pictures (if possible):
    QVo9Nuw.png
    RhvYhO0.png

Name: Juliana Thorne
    Current Town/City : Windenburg
    Career : Social Worker
    Traits: Bookworm, Good, and Cheerful
    Aspiration: Bestselling Author
    Favourite Colour: Aqua
    Favourite Drink:Champagne (the best bubbly)
    Costume Inspiration:
    Backstory: Juliana never knew her real parents and didn't have many friends growing up. The elderly housekeeper of the ophanage Mrs.Thorne was always kind to her and took her an interest in her, but she died right before her 17th birthday. Mrs. Thorne had a surprise for Juliana, she had been going through the motions to adopt her and it had been successful. Everything went to her at her death and while it wasn't much it was enough to send her to college so she could become a Social Worker to help the less fortunate. She mostly works with placing children in good homes and recently she came back to work at the orphanage where it all started. Little did she know that the girls the Orphanage submitted her to the Selection. Juliana has always wanted a romantic happily ever after, but she's too busy making sure that happens for others.
    Pictures (if possible):
    vqam2mV.png
    DousPh4.png
    Yay thank you so much @MINEZ! Both girls seem really sweet, and I love their backstories <3
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Thx!! :) i can't wait for the selection to start!
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Oh yay, I love these challenges. I will submit a girl in a while!
    Can I ask what you mean by costume inspiration? :#
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I'll submit. Tomorrow?
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited August 2017
    Sounds good ;)@Irishsong @kittymeow
    @kittymeow - sorry that is really vague, I was thinking about doing a costume/halloween party so it would be cool if you could include a dress-up or costume in the party outfits
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited August 2017
    Name: Rochelle Larkin
    Current Town/City (Windenburg, San Myshuno etc): Windenburg
    Career (doesn't have to be in the game): Party Planner
    Traits: Cheerful, Music Lover, Romantic
    Aspiration: Soulmate
    Favourite Colour: Blue
    Favourite Drink: Prose and Prop
    Costume Inspiration:
    Backstory: Rochelle had thought she had a great future ahead of her, great career, great life, and a wonderful future to look forward to with her fiance. However, her happy life was not to be. It all ended the day her fiance was tragically killed when he was "running with the llamas". After that, she had no desire to do anything with her life and almost withdrew from life completely. Her friend, Justine, knowing she had to do something for Rochelle, gave her a job in her party consulting business. At first, Rochelle, could not even function or handle the phones, but over time, Rochelle threw herself into her work. That was a few years ago, and now, Rochelle was the most sought-after party planner in Windenburg. But when the party she planned was over, Rochelle went home, eating alone, and watching romantic movies, thinking of what could have been. Her friend, Justine knew this, and decided to do something about it. Justine had read that the "Prince" was coming to Windenburg. She told Rochelle the she should meet the Prince, for surely, he would have many party needs. Rochelle agreed. Little did Rochelle know, but Justine had entered Rochelle's name in the Bachelor challenge, as the Prince was looking for a bride, and Justine knew that Rochelle was the perfect candidate.
    Pictures (if possible):
    rochelle_pond.pngrochelle.png

FmP91pA.png

Name: Maddison Fraser
    Current Town/City (Windenburg, San Myshuno etc): Windenburg
    Career (doesn't have to be in the game): No job, she's rich. :D
    Traits: Romantic, Materialistic and Kleptomaniac
    Aspiration: Mansion Baron
    Favourite Colour: Violet
    Favourite Drink: The most expensive drink you can find.
    Costume Inspiration (I will use these for a costume/halloween party): I added a witch outfit in her party wear!
    Backstory: Maddison Fraser comes from a very wealthy family, spoilt all through her childhood and being the only child it all went to her head. She loves the finer things in life, if it's not expensive she doesn't want it. At first glance she may seem like a sophisticated woman but behind her deceiving looks , Maddison has a dark secret. She could have anything she wanted with her wealth but she secretly she only wants what she can't have which happens to be another persons property, with a swipe over there and a swipe over here she takes what she wants and flees. That's right little Miss Fraser is a kleptomaniac, she hopes that no one will ever find out her secret which she is pretty embarrassed of but it's something she cannot control. Maddison is joining the selection hoping to find someone that will accept her problem and keep it hidden from society, she dreams of meeting the one, getting married and living in a giant mansion.
    CC link: Hair
  • wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    Name: Claire Reid
    Current Town/City: Wherever the wind takes her
    Career: Whatever she can get
    Traits: Outgoing, Goofball and Insane
    Aspiration: Mansion Baron
    Favorite Color: Black
    Favorite Drink: Anything she can get her hands on
    Costume Inspiration: A hotdog
    Backstory: Claire may look like a woman with her life together but that is not the case. She grew up in a loving family in the small town of Willow Creek. As soon as she turned 18 though she was out of there. She wanted a different life; one that didn’t bind her to one place forever. She’s a pretty flighty person and gets bored easily. Right now she wants to be a princess and live the rich life… we’ll see how long that lasts.
    Pictures:
    5x3a8Im.png
    Heh, @kittymeow 's character's last name is Fraser, and @wendelyne 's characte'rs first name is Claire. Claire Fraser is a character in a book and tv series called Outlander. I highly recomend it on starz.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @Irishsong sounds interesting! I actually nearly called her Claire :D
    @wendelyne I can't wait to see Claire in the hotdog costume LOL!
    Ahhh thank you for all these girls, they are so plummin' great!
    @SoulGal7- Love love love Rochelle, I can definitely see her not only planning parties, but being the life of the party too!
    @kittymeow- Ooh Maddison seems like a very interesting character, as both Kleptomaniac and Materialistic, maybe she'll even steal the Prince's heart (get it) :D
    @wendelyne - Claire seems like such a cool gal, and someone who could never be boring, I too cannot wait to see her in a hotdog costume!
    Thank you guys, I can't wait to start playing with them :smiley:
    Sorry, my day got busy and i didn't have a chance to upload before my wifi spot closed. I can't guarantee that it'll be up tomorrow, but Wednesday or Thursday for sure.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Pema22 wrote: »
    Sounds good ;)@Irishsong @kittymeow
    @kittymeow - sorry that is really vague, I was thinking about doing a costume/halloween party so it would be cool if you could include a dress-up or costume in the party outfits

Oh, I didn't put Rochelle in a costume :( If she's chosen, feel free to add one for her (anything but the llama costume, because it would bring up painful memories for her). lol
    @Pema22 LOL love it! :D
    @SoulGal7 all good, I will add a llama-free costume
    @Irishsong Don't worry, submit them whenever you can
    <3
    edited August 2017
    Theme song for entry 1 Entry 1
    qoADrT9.png
    B1S2Kzp.png

Name:Luna Wake
    Current Town/City San Myshuno, though originally from Willowcreek
    Career: Digital Designer
    Traits:Family Oriented, Creative, Clumsy
    Aspiration: Be the best parent
    Favourite Colour: A nice Dandelion Yellow
    Favourite Drink: Hot Chocolate
    Costume Inspiration: Angel. It was Roxy’s idea. This was all Roxy’s idea.
    Backstory: Luna was the girl next door. A tomboy as a child, more reserved as a young adult, she is who she is. She didn’t have the need to venture outside of her comfort zone unless she needed to. She hadn’t had the guts to be in a relationship before, though she pinned after people all the time. She was just not enough to get noticed, but she was fine with that. she just friendzoned everyone she met anyway, but not on purpose. She just didn't know how to be romantic.

When the Selection was announced, Luna thought nothing of it. She didn’t need a guy to be happy, and she wasn’t even sure if she’d like the prince. While girls her age were swooning over the prince her whole life, she was getting an education, becoming a well rounded human being, she just didn’t know how to talk to guys. Roxy made her join the selection, and now that she’s going, she may as well try to find even more happiness in a guy, just like Roxy says she will.

0a6zDfi.png

Theme song for entry 2 (caution, has swear words, but not terrible swear words) Entry 2
    n1Nuptj.png
    nHrGKd8.png

Name: Roxy Wake
    Current Town/City same as Luna
    Career: Dance instructor
    Traits: Dance machine, Self assured, Geek
    Favourite Colour: Red and Black
    Favourite Drink: Got something that has a good bite?
    Costume Inspiration Devil. Yes, it was Roxy’s Idea
    Backstory: Roxy is Luna’s sister from another mister. She’s the younger sister, but not by much, and took over the older sibling persona being more brash and loud than Luna.

Roxy is confident in everything. Want a promotion and deserves it?- she asks for it with a good argument. See a cute guy across the room?- go ask for his number. She’s had a few boyfriends, but can’t seem to settle down. She’s dated bad guys and good guys, never finding the right balance for her. She’s hoping that the prince will have the magic touch that brings everything together.

But she’s also the older sister that’s trying to get her younger sister to live a little. She knows that if the prince goes after Luna, she’d back down. After all, she’s had so much life lived, it’s time her sister get a chance. That does't mean that she will roll over though to other competition.

Highly protective, she’s here to live life to the fullest!

2FH4iMd.png

I use cc eyes but you don't have to, and here's the only piece of cc I used. Hair:
    http://pxelboy.tumblr.com/post/154153926993/virginia-hair-by-pxelboy-really-simple-hair
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Irishsong wrote: »
    Theme song for entry 1 Entry 1
    qoADrT9.png
    B1S2Kzp.png

Name:Luna Wake
    Current Town/City San Myshuno, though originally from Willowcreek
    Career: Digital Designer
    Traits:Family Oriented, Creative, Clumsy
    Aspiration: Be the best parent
    Favourite Colour: A nice Dandelion Yellow
    Favourite Drink: Hot Chocolate
    Costume Inspiration: Angel. It was Roxy’s idea. This was all Roxy’s idea.
    Backstory: Luna was the girl next door. A tomboy as a child, more reserved as a young adult, she is who she is. She didn’t have the need to venture outside of her comfort zone unless she needed to. She hadn’t had the guts to be in a relationship before, though she pinned after people all the time. She was just not enough to get noticed, but she was fine with that. she just friendzoned everyone she met anyway, but not on purpose. She just didn't know how to be romantic.

When the Selection was announced, Luna thought nothing of it. She didn’t need a guy to be happy, and she wasn’t even sure if she’d like the prince. While girls her age were swooning over the prince her whole life, she was getting an education, becoming a well rounded human being, she just didn’t know how to talk to guys. Roxy made her join the selection, and now that she’s going, she may as well try to find even more happiness in a guy, just like Roxy says she will.

0a6zDfi.png

Theme song for entry 2 (caution, has swear words, but not terrible swear words) Entry 2
    n1Nuptj.png
    nHrGKd8.png

Name: Roxy Wake
    Current Town/City same as Luna
    Career: Dance instructor
    Traits: Dance machine, Self assured, Geek
    Favourite Colour: Red and Black
    Favourite Drink: Got something that has a good bite?
    Costume Inspiration Devil. Yes, it was Roxy’s Idea
    Backstory: Roxy is Luna’s sister from another mister. She’s the younger sister, but not by much, and took over the older sibling persona being more brash and loud than Luna.

Roxy is confident in everything. Want a promotion and deserves it?- she asks for it with a good argument. See a cute guy across the room?- go ask for his number. She’s had a few boyfriends, but can’t seem to settle down. She’s dated bad guys and good guys, never finding the right balance for her. She’s hoping that the prince will have the magic touch that brings everything together.

But she’s also the older sister that’s trying to get her younger sister to live a little. She knows that if the prince goes after Luna, she’d back down. After all, she’s had so much life lived, it’s time her sister get a chance. That does't mean that she will roll over though to other competition.

Highly protective, she’s here to live life to the fullest!

2FH4iMd.png

I use cc eyes but you don't have to, and here's the only piece of cc I used. Hair:
    http://pxelboy.tumblr.com/post/154153926993/virginia-hair-by-pxelboy-really-simple-hair

I love them!!!
    I'm going to add another girl since most have added 2! :)
    IdZQRGG.png

Name: Poppy Hensley
    Current Town/City (Windenburg, San Myshuno etc): San Myshuno
    Career (doesn't have to be in the game): Fashion Designer
    Traits: Romantic, Good, Creative, (Quick Learner)
    Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
    Favourite Colour: Red
    Favourite Drink: Anything fruity
    Costume Inspiration (I will use these for a costume/halloween party): Zombie school girl!
    Backstory: Poppy is a slightly eccentric girl with a good heart. She is well known for her clothing designs in her home city San Myshuno, she is extremely creative and can make a masterpiece out of anything. Her 1 bedroom apartment is where she draws her designs and creates the clothing, all on her own. One of her favourite things is the different eras of fashion, you will see her vintage inspired outfits with her signature cat eye red glasses.
    Poppy had an good childhood, she lived with only her mother as her father left them when she was 3. She doesn't know her father but she doesn't really care either, her mother took the role of both parents and she couldn't have been happier when she was a child. She always had two wishes as a kid, one was to become a fashion designer and the other was to one day find her Prince Charming and have a wonderful life together. With no luck yet she took it upon herself to join the selection hoping she may find someone she will fall in love with.
    @Irishsong Yay I love them :blush: The opposite sister relationship and the pirate hat are very cool
    @kittymeow Poppy is gorgeous, and I really like her and her funky, arty vibe
    i think so far we have a very versatile group, I am excited to see the friendships and frenemies that might form!
    Name: BLANCHE NOIRE
    Current Town/City (Windenburg, San Myshuno etc): SAN MYSHUNO
    Career (doesn't have to be in the game): LAWYER
    Traits: Hot Headed, Insider, Self-Assured
    Aspiration: Leader of the Pack
    Favourite Colour: Black and White
    Favourite Drink: Anything sweet and spicy
    Costume Inspiration (I will use these for a costume/halloween party):Good and Evil
    Backstory: Black and White. White and Black. That is the reality of Blanche's existence. Make a decision. Right or Wrong. Be the best. Be the worst. There is nothing in-between. All her life, she had strong opinions. So, she became a lawyer. Never lost a case. She was sweet as pie. She was the darkest storm. White and Black. Black and White. All in one. She had never found anyone who was worthy to be her husband, so she remained blissfully single. But, when she heard the Prince was looking for a bride, she thought, "why not her?." Who better than to rule with the Prince. What a great legacy they would have. She would settle for nothing less. Black and White. White and Black.
    Pictures (if possible):
    BLACK.png
    WHITE_DRESS.png