Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Aehnyx - Glad to hear all is well with you. I am really enjoying the new pack so far, I had my doubts about it and really wished its contents had come with the Pets expansion. But the small pets are cute and my kids love them.

@JordanNicoleJJ - I was so glad to find this house on the gallery because I had already built the beach home and I just wanted to decorate this time. And you could totally build the next generation house :lol:

@Debjameswhite - I really love Cameron so seeing him again in your game just makes me happy. Oh wow I didn't even realize dogs could attack people, good thing Colwyn was there to get help from an adult. Your little family looks so happy together even if its not at the dinner table. Do you think Colwyn will become a doctor when he grows up? Lawrence is like Greysen, always around and checking up on his family. Oh no rest in peace Lily and Bubbles! Happy birthday anyway to all the kids, poor thing still heartbroken over their furbabies.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Colin has been doing extremely well in school so when he told his parent he wanted a pet they happily obliged.
    8aee6a4ebd.jpg

This little guy is Colin's new pal and he named him Ramie.
    83dd2c67d9.jpg

2a66c27f57.jpg

Since moving to Sable Square Evie has had a lot more visitors, including her sister-in-law Charlotte and her own sister.
    9b10b2e9ce.jpg

1c4fbb8803.jpg

And everyone loves their backyard space, they get compliments on it all the time.
    133d9e7644.jpg

When she isn't playing hostess Evie is catching up on her sleep, this pregnancy has been peaceful to say the least.
    fa27b2a1ca.jpg

Speaking of pregnancy, during one of her many late night snacking Evie felt a kick!
    7aee7d4f06.jpg

And as she tried to go to bed she felt her water break and she knew it was go time!
    50246ac75c.jpg

With James at work and her in-laws watching after Colin, Evie braved the trip to the hospital alone.
    44a1b80ffd.jpg

And once again her brother wife was there to support her both as her doctor and as her family.
    b3a3eba075.jpg

Evie gave birth to a happy and healthy baby girl!
    73a46c1358.jpg

Excited as she was she still wished her husband could have been there too.
    1dc9fa7266.jpg

Evie named her little bundle Joy after her husband's grandmother Leanna Joy. (That is actually my mother-in-law's middle name)
    c930ba1a50.jpg

And of course, once the family got home little Joy became a toddler! She is so cute omg ♥
    bd5690e63e.png
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ <waves> Really glad to see you posting :) Philomena wasn't that hungry, she just died of old age :)

@JordanNicoleJJ @OJenn and @everyone just wondering... Quinton's abduction was poetic license :) I wish it had really happened. I had just been toying with the idea of what if after Philomena died his alien children took him to space...maybe he got a longer life :)

@Aehnyx I'm really glad to hear your safe. Pets are pretty fun. I have not picked up the latest pet pack though :)

@OJenn What an odd little pet Colin has. I really do love Evie's backyard too! You did a nice job decorating that. Poor thing though having to go to the hospital all on her own! Joy is such a cutie and I love the name!
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hi everyone :) My laptop's screen finally died, but before it did I managed to save my households and cc folder. I have a new laptop now, It's not actually new, but new to me. I'm downloading sims now and keeping my fingers crossed it'll be able to run it. I'm so far behind and feel terrible about not being able to drop in for usual comments and updates. I'm gonna spend some time catching up tonight. I'll probably be back for some brief comments when I finish up. I hope everyone's doing well.
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 - Oh no!! It stinks that your laptop died but I am so glad you were able to save your households and even better that you got your cc folder too. I have my fingers crossed for you as well and don't feel bad! I am just glad you are back and posting again. I am doing okay been sick for about a week but I think I am getting over it.

@Debjameswhite - And Quinton's kids taking him to space would be so sweet and I really love that idea. Glad you are enjoying my family and updates, can't wait to see more of yours!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Heckstress17 What a relief you were able to save your families! Hurry back to us it's so lonely in here! That goes for @everyone else too!

@OJenn I'll never forget your birthday :) It's the same day as my Mom.
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 46: The Family Grows

One of my smarter heirs…Colwyn started his cooking adventures with a microwave.
    zTWM4.png

He’s still really sad about the loss of the kitties. Like his Mom, he’s a cat lover.
    zTWMx.png

He finally snapped out of it though.
    zTWO4.png

I took this picture because I thought Shay looked a lot like Cameron. He’s Grady and Elise’s son. He has his Grandpa Greysen’s eyes though.
    zTWQr.png

Not to forget Alwyn, he’s been dating a girl from school. Why are the friends always sad when they come over? I swear everyone who gets invited over heads right for the closet.
    zTWXn.png

Alwyn worked his Baehr charm on her and of course it worked.
    zTX15.png

Caemeron has also been spending a lot of time with his Dad lately.
    zTX1T.png
    zTX3z.png

Turned out to be a good thing.
    zTX42.png

Kristina went on a cleaning spree while her husband started writing children’s books.
    zTX9w.png
    zTX9P.png
    zTXad.png

Alwyn is getting very serious with Diane.
    zTXaT.png

Colwyn too has been getting interested in girls however he seems to spend more time annoyed with them.
    zTXe1.png

Things got better when he got his brother Davyn to hang out too.
    zTXfc.png

Alwyn wasn’t having any troubles at all. :)
    zTXgZ.png
    zTXhO.png
    zTXiA.png
    zTXiT.png

These 4 have been getting along great and seem to have paired themselves off.
    zTXjY.png
    zTXlt.png
    zTXm1.png

Soon after the wedding Alwyn and Diane showed up with a small announcement.
    zTXnr.png

Like his Grandpa Lawrence, Colwyn took a liking to the violin. He likes to go to the park to practice.
    zTXp6.png

Autumn happened to be jogging by. What luck!
    zTXrw.png

They were able to share their first kiss.
    zTXs9.png

Then some random guy came by and started a fight with her!
    zTXsH.png

Before Colwyn could do anything, she handled it.
    zTXtv.png

A big day at Alwyn’s house and of course Cameron and Kristina rushed over to see their first grandchildren…yes multiple curse continues!
    zTXuF.png

Triplets! Kristina is pleased.
    zTXwS.png

Colwyn decided to take Autumn somewhere nice.
    zTXBl.png

They looked very nice.
    zTXCy.png
    zTXDN.png

This turned into something unexpected.
    zTXFb.png
    zTXFr.png

And this one showed up pregnant again!
    zTXGf.png

Twins for Cameron and Kristina and a single birth for Alwyn and Diane.
    zTXI5.png

He’s in big trouble and he knows it.
    zTXIe.png
    zTXJ8.png
  • Options
    Did I saw twins? It was triplets! I need to get Colwyn out of the house!!! :)
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - Oh wow is it? Happy birthday mom! It was so sweet of you to message me - I got a lot of warm messages yesterday and had a good time with my husband. And I have been playing on and off this weekend so I have a small number of pictures but maybe I could do a mini update.

The hair you have on Colwyn is my favorite one that came with pets. You had some good genes this generation, all your sims look so good! I can definitely see Greysen's eyes on Shay for sure. I think you are getting all these sad sims because being a teen is hard :lol: I still have yet to use that clothesline, I always plop down a washer and dryer for my sims. Alwyn and Diane look like they will make a great couple she is pretty cute. Speaking of them congrats on the wedding! And aww they got married at the market I made ♥ Also congrats to Diane and Alwyn on the nooboos as well they are moving right along! So many multiples this generation for you wow!
  • Options
    Mini Update
    Little Joy is really the center of attention in this house, her parents really love her and shower her with love every chance they get.
    ad8be36fe3.jpg

2485163e96.jpg

Even her big brother can't stay away from her and I often find him in her room doing homework and watching over her.
    8397100d5a.jpg

Meanwhile the furriest member of this family stays close to Evie's side, he really does love her.
    3f395c5e10.jpg

And it may be because she is normally the one that walks Cosmo, he definitely loves his walks.
    d488812a8c.jpg

We all know what time it is! But maybe lets skip the party.
    70c3a8e97c.png

1137ff4d3a.jpg

Colin didn't really seem to mind anyway and he loved his burger cake.
    c053e4f2a2.jpg

Here is how he faired during childhood, hopefully the rest will come with being a teen.
    7c7e5cb173.png

Joy also aged up but I didn't get any pictures of her with the cake She is already quite the wild child.
    e2c489752b.jpg

But her parents know how to fix that little problem, they're no rookies!
    31989c54c9.jpg

Speaking of her parents, now that the kids are older they are definitely getting closer again.
    1fb11c6c96.jpg

Thats it for now, enjoy this picture of Cosmo swimming for the ball ♥
    7d8ccf4294.jpg
  • Options
    @OJenn Compared to the one I did that was a mini update! I'm grateful you posted it though :) I love the picture of Evie playing with Joy. Those are always my favorite :) I also love the pictures of Cosmo. He really reminds me of Salem. Colin did pretty good! I tried really hard to get Colwyn up in all the traits but we never got Conflict Resolution high enough. I think that one really needs to be worked on in the toddler/child stage. Haha Joy is a super cute child and I love the time out picture :) I can't wait to see Colin as a teen!
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 47: His Own Place

Colwyn and Autumn get closer and closer. They’re best friends now.
    zWooN.png

Davyn and Gretchen are moving a little bit faster.
    zWorn.png
    zWosl.png

Upon the birth of Alwyn and Diane’s 4th child, Cameron completed his aspiration and became
    zWotQ.PNG

Colwyn is in love with his new baby brothers and sister. He can’t stay away.
    zWouR.png

Davyn finds other things much more interesting.
    zWowH.png
    zWox2.png

I wasn’t expecting this to happen so soon, but I was glad!
    zWoxh.png

I do really like Davyn a lot too.
    zWoyM.png

One final picture of the entire family together…well, minus Alwyn.
    zWozv.PNG

Colwyn moved out shortly after. He’s going with a tiny house.
    zWoDv.png

It’s so tiny I can’t even get a proper picture of the kitchen, but it’s cute!
    zWoDX.png

I’m not using cheats so he’s got some saving to do.
    zWoFg.png
    zWoFX.png

He did start a garden and he plays for his baby little plants on his violin.
    zWoGU.png

I loved this. Alwyn called and asked him to a party. The people in the group were Alwyn and his best friend / cousin. Colwyn and his bestfriend / cousin and their youngest brother Davyn. It’s a perfect friend group.
    zWoJh.png

Colwyn went to the flea market and tried playing his violin for the crowd. Autumn’s father dutifully listened and tipped.
    zWoKe.png

One of Lawrence’s youngest daughters was there and I think she is super pretty!
    zWoLP.png

Back at home he continued to practice.
    zWoO6.png

He’s also pretty pleased with these cheap flea market finds.
    zWoPa.png
  • Options
    More update...missing you guys.
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 48: Between a Rock and a Hard Place

I wanted Colwyn to explore the jungle and be an archaeologist but that’s not a job…so unless I wanted to cheat something has to pay the bills and so he’s a doctor.
    zYN0w.png

Still has time for his girl though. He went on a date and turns out Lawrence’s daughter Brenda works here too.
    zYNoO.png

The guy sitting behind them is Autumn’s father! No one seems concerned he’s out with another woman so I guess it’s platonic.
    zYNrp.png

A few days later they were at another restaurant.
    zYNtR.png

Then they finally went to the jungle. They spent more time here though…
    zYNuV.png

Colwyn did get out to do some looking around though.
    zYNxi.png

He really enjoyed the vacation and the décor of the place they stayed.
    zYNyb.png

He brought home something interesting to work on. It turned out to be a fake though.
    zYNBe.png

He met best friend and cousin Shea to tell him all about his vacation with Autumn.
    zYNPh.png

He took the opportunity to earn a few dollars.
    zYNQZ.png

When he finally went back to work he was stunned to see his mother there. She decided to get a new job. The triplets are already teens!
    zYNSS.png

Colwyn got a promotion.
    zYNUb.png

To celebrate, he and Autumn went out.
    zYNVF.png

They had a really good time.
    zYNW5.png

After his new promotion he upgraded from his air mattress to a bed he could share with Autumn.
    zYNWM.png

Things also progressed for Davyn and Gretchen.
    zYNYz.png

It made Colwyn grow more confident about moving to the next level with Autumn so he asked her to move in.
    zYO1c.png

Her very first wishes were to get engaged and kiss Colwyn.
    zYO2q.PNG

She also started helping him out with the garden.
    zYO5Y.png

I haven’t seen a group dance in ages! Colwyn and his best buds.
    zYO7m.png

A few months later, Colwyn got a call that Davyn and Gretchen had a new arrival. So they went right over.
    zYOZv.png

Colwyn is in love with his little niece.
    zYP0g.png

Colwyn cooked dinner for the tired parents and they had a nice evening. Autumn’s dad is married to Gretchen’s mom so it’s like they’re sisters :)
    zYP1p.png

Autumn is a bit of a party girl, so it was time to start buying some furniture for their tiny space. Somehow I missed taking pictures of the little party they had after this. This house is really too small to get good pictures in though :)
    zYP3S.png
    zYP4D.png
  • Options
    Miss you guys
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 44: She said…

Gretchen called Colwyn and asked him to dinner. Since she’s married to his brother, he figured she was looking for a family dinner. He brought Autumn and his parents along with him. Unfortunately, Davyn wasn’t available to go.
    zZQNQ.png
    zZQN6.png

Cameron was there but he never actually sat down to eat with them. Not sure why though he was writing notes in a tiny notebook.
    zZQP5.png

Autumn works late at night. She’s a comedian. Colwyn takes advantage of the time to garden usually.
    zZR0k.png

Colwyn had a funny feeling about how Autumn was acting. Feeling ill in the morning…
    zZR4r.png

He wanted her to know he loved her for her. They’d been together for a long time.
    zZR5W.png

After all this time, she was not expecting this.
    zZR74.png

Needless to say, she said yes.
    zZR8b.png
  • Options
    Miss you too @debjameswhite congrats to Colwyn and Autumn and I cant wait to see their wedding and nooboos ♥
    I have been overloaded with work and therapy, most times I get home so late I just crash. I hope to get some play time in soon though. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Random pic spam from the last time I played through:

Evie got a promotion in her field as an Arts Critic and she couldn't be more thrilled.
    f354c883d4.jpg

Cosmo, the family Corgi has an unbreakable bond with the monster under the bed
    f48e45e687.jpg

Laura and Evie have been hanging out more and more together.
    f259a022e0.png

87eb3c7f19.jpg

f45e1594c6.jpg

Back home Colin and little sister Joy have become best friends!
    8d1dc1ee5c.jpg

And Colin also ran into a new face in town.
    6f9b935e8f.jpg

Turns out Philomena is an exchange student and she and Colin bonded quickly
    a3d861e763.jpg

e914e59b3f.jpg

Joy is a straight A student but her cousin. Makayla, is a bit of a wild child
    0fb88e56c3.png

But with the school year coming to an end in a few days the girls take this time to enjoy it
    76f6f0faab.jpg

0bf0cf8a59.jpg
  • Options
    Update: I got so caught up in playing the game I missed out on a few important events, like a birthday!

Joy, the youngest Asher is now a teenager just a few days behind her big brother Colin.
    e4f899cc76.jpg

621f1f06af.jpg

Joy is your typical teen girl and enjoys talking on the phone with friends more than doing homework
    d863b688cd.jpg

The only time this bunch really gets together is in the mornings for breakfast.
    e0a393058c.jpg

32b51c1fe6.jpg

With two teens in the house now Jame's birthday was completely forgotten.
    a5d4069bc0.png

But at least he finished his aspiration before he became an elder!
    ca954b81f3.png

Luckily there was a cake on standby and Evie pulled it together for her man
    d6e0bdc2ac.jpg

233b7ee06b.jpg

Speaking of Evie she and her little guy Cosmo have more time to jam since her promotion
    30baae4412.jpg

Cosmo also had a birthday and became an elder furball
    2e9d7884e2.jpg

Quick updates around town:

Charles, James brother passed away leaving Laura a single mother of their son Charlie. He reminds me so much of his dad.
    978a8883e1.jpg

She recent remarried and seems happy enough.
    32925ca0db.png

Laura's younger brother also got married and had a son
    2da8f4cf5f.png

My sims from my Oasis Springs heir is now a full grown man with his own family now.
    78442695df.png
  • Options
    @OJenn Ooooo! I was just popping in to comment on your picture spam and make an update when I saw a new update! So excited!!

I loved the picture of Evie after her promotion . Haha and Cosmo with the monster under the bed :) Eeee! Is Colin going to be heir? My kids haven't been asked to skip school every in this run. Now to the update! Joy is so pretty! Colin is looking pretty good as well!! Aww I love the morning breakfast picture.

Aww it was sweet that James still got a cake and I love Cosmo so much. Aww you did a townie update! I love that! So awesome. Thank you for updating Jenn. :)

ydsm1.png
    Chapter 50: Moving Fast

Before I get started on this one, I wanted to show you all of Kristina and Cameron’s kids. Remember they had triplets just as Colwyn was moving out. They aged up beautifully. I’m still happy I picked Colwyn though!
    A3D27.PNG

Now back to vacation…Poor Autumn spent a good part of it cleaning up after herself.
    A3Fez.png

She still had a wonderful time with her fiancé though!
    A3DhV.png

They really like how this vacation house is laid out. It’s very much their style.
    A3Drk.png

Colwyn did something to get his own little sun while exploring the jungle.
    A3DCU.png

Did you know you can’t get married on vacation?
    A3DDY.png

Since Autumn is starting to show, she decided it was time to tell Colwyn his hunch had been right.
    A3DG5.png

He was very happy.
    A3DGD.png

After some discussion they decided to call the vacation early and go home.
    A3DRX.png

They had a small wedding at their tiny house.
    A3DWO.png
    A3DZI.png
    A3E0i.png

Kristina was hard at work making a cake for the couple.
    A3E1h.png
    A3E2I.png
    A3E3e.png

Kristina had her birthday and aged up to an elder at the wedding.
    A3E4l.png

This was also the last time Colwyn saw his dad.
    A3E5Z.png

Finally it was time to welcome the new addition. Colwyn showed a brave face for his wife.
    A3Edf.png

But when she wasn’t looking he freaked out!
    A3EdM.png

They welcomed two baby girls.
    A3EeD.png

Colwyn gave his office over to the girls.
    A3EfA.png

He tried to sooth them with his music.
    A3Egj.png

A few days later Autumn went out for lunch with Gretchen who went into labor at lunch. She had twins too. A boy and a girl.
    A3FgH.png

Despite the addition to their lives, this couple is still going strong.
    A3Ez6.png
  • Options
    @Debjameswhite - I got a little update happy, I'm glad you enjoyed it though ♥

Wow Kristina and Cameron definitely had some good looking kids thats for sure! My personal favorite is Arwen, love her name as well. I love that you took Autumn and Colwyn on vacation, I can't get enough of the new world that came with Jungle Adventures. I wonder what the little sun over his head is though? Maybe it just means he is loving his vacation so much! Was there a moodlet too? Oh wow congrats on the nooboo, I didn't know you couldn't get married on vacation. I think the ceremony was nice with just friends and family. Seems like the multiples just keep going in this family too congrats on the twins!
  • Options
    @OJenn I guess I'm going Update crazy too. I'm glad you're still here :) Funny I didn't realize Arwen had any votes...I really liked her too.
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 51: Nuts

Ojenn inspired me to do a fundate :) The town is full of distant relatives at this point but here are a few of the ones you might still remember.

At home Kristina still has 4 kids at home.
    A4GvZ.PNG

Colwyn’s oldest brother Alwyn and their 4 kids
    A4GuR.PNG

His brother Davyn and Gretchen with their 3 kids.
    A4Gxe.PNG

Autumn’s Dad and Gretchen’s Mom gave them two younger sisters.
    A4Gyi.PNG

The two daughters that Lawrence and Caris had after Elise and Cameron moved out.
    A4Gzs.PNG

All of Grady and Elise’s kids are still at home. Stinky game.
    A4GAO.PNG

And of course the stars of the show
    A4GC2.PNG

So this generation I am definitely blessed with attentive parents.
    A4GPq.png

They do things like this all on their own all the time.
    A4GQ4.png

These girls are just the cutest.
    A4GQH.png

Colwyn still gets time with his buds though.
    A4GR8.png
    A4GSg.png
    A4GT0.png
    A4GTs.png
    A4GTY.png

Back at the tiny house things are getting a little cramped.
    A4GVb.png

Colwyn doesn’t even get upset when he’s woken up in the middle of the night.
    A4GVG.png

It just gives him an opportunity to read to his little one.
    A4GYp.png

Colwyn has this “medical” move to check someone’s hotness.
    A4GZa.png

Autumn is definitely hot.
    A4GZM.png

She can’t help making fun of him for this though.
    A4H0X.png

I should have seen this coming…
    A4H1K.png
    A4H28.png

I peeked…she is pregnant with male triplets. I can’t play again until they have a new house.
    A4H2E.png

With the impending birth of three more children they decided to hire a nanny. Instead of watching the kids though he watched Colwyn and Autumn while they did their gardening. Actually, I think he was checking Colwyn out.
    A4H5V.png

I think Colwyn thought he was too.
    A4H7d.png

Finally, just a few cute pictures of the girls while they’re still the center of the universe.
    A4H8C.png
    A4H9b.png
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - Oh my god triplets!! You always end up with the biggest most loving families, I don't know how you manage all those sims. I loved catching up with everyone around town and it's nice to see the relatives and how their lives are getting on. Colwyn better enjoy the time he has with his friends before things get hectic. Will you be building a bigger home? If so can you post pics or progress pics?
  • Options
    @Ojenn New House Pics. I'm in the picking stage. Would love your opinion. FYI if I do House 3 I will not put on the garage :) BTW I narrowed it down to these 7 houses from 1,176 houses.

House One
    A5p6V.jpg

House Two
    A5p7x.jpg

House Three
    A5pd6.jpg

House Four
    A5pdX.jpg

House Five
    A5pek.jpg

House Six
    A5pf2.jpg

House Seven
    A5pfv.jpg

• Options
    haha I was just looking at these houses...I think I have already done house 5!
  • Options
    Oh I think it was Logan's house! My final house in Willow Creek the one that died...so I can't go recover it haha. So funny.
  • Options
    haha yup! Totally already did House #5!! A6HdF.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Sorry I am late @debjameswhite I really like house 3 and 1!!

I remember trying to do house five one and I gave up. That roof and third floor area was a challenge to recreate.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I have a little catch up post to put here so here it goes: Family Tree

I am currently trying to decide whether I want to build or not for the next generation so I have just been playing. Joy's grades have improved a lot and now she is a C student, not the best but she is making an effort.
    20ca5bbe83.jpg

Now that Cosmo is an elder he has been getting sick a lot more than he use to in his younger days. But Evie is not too worried since they are net door to the clinic and she loves her fur baby.
    c0daf391c0.jpg

Speaking of homework and grades improving, a huge part of that is James being such a good father. When he realized that Joy was struggling with her grades he made sure to pitch in with homework as often as he could.
    617970d742.jpg

The two are pretty close as well. (Three generations in this one photo ♥ )
    0c928c6a70.jpg

Colin, the oldest has been pitching in more around the house. He only had a few days left before becoming a young adult so it was skill time!
    a1b200e773.jpg

Young Adult Colin doesn't look any different than teen Colin, maybe more muscular?
    f451b98461.jpg

Now that they both are both older Colin and Philomena have been spending more and more time together, not that he is complaining.
    61ddf219af.png

c6e922db50.jpg

Colin landed a job in the Tech Guru branch to match his Computer Whiz aspiration
    a6c4119bf9.png

And not long after Colin's birthday it was time for Joy's to blow out her candles as well
    e4450d1d67.png

6012682861.jpg

Joy is my heir! Since I have decided to go back and forth with heir genders.
    764f3d5cb6.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top