Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    Guys, I really hope you can pop in just to give me a little comment on this! I am torn about my heir and I feel like I'm in a rough spot! That was mostly because Alwyn just aged to a teen but the twins literally just became toddlers. SO I aged them all up so I could see what they would look like. I mean if Alwyn is my heir I want to download his mate now but if he's not she'd be way too old for the twins so I feel like I really need to decide now. Although when I do look at them I feel like I can maybe rule Alwyn out but I don't know. What do you guys think? FYI I gave all the boys Alwyn's hair so I wouldn't let hair sway me :)

zzmQN.png
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    edited March 2018
    @debjameswhite To the rescue! Popping in to help you out :smiley: I can totally see why you're torn though, this is a hard decision. Forgive me for not knowing the names (I still have to intensively read back), but if it were up to me I'd choose second to the left guy. He's super handsome. A close second is his brown haired brother. I love the brown hair/blue eyes combo.
    Post edited by Francisca464 on
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Debjameswhite - I always forget to add those playsets to my sims yards. Colwyn looks like he is really loving it though and I am glad to see his mom and dad becoming more hands-on with his toddler education ♥ Kristina seems like a very laid back mom too but I suppose you have to with little ones. Oh wow twins! The family is most definitely growing. Alwyn is very brave to befriend the monster under the bed go Alwyn! Rest in peace Caris. Lol the look on Colwyn's face as he spotted one of the twins is priceless, now he has to share his parents even more!

As far as heir is concerned I really like Colwyn, he is the second one right? I couldn't see Alywn's eyes in the last two pics of your updates. I vote #2 either way
    edited March 2018
    @Ojenn and @Francisca464 Sorry I forgot to say which ones they were! I put them in age order so it was Alwyn, Colwyn, Davyn and then Arwen. After I posted this I was kinda leaning towards #2 Colwyn as well. It's really hard though the only one I was able to rule out on my own was poor Alwyn. Thank you so much for the pop in!
    edited March 2018
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 44: Random Family Moments

Randomly cute photo of pets and kids :)
    zAHva.png

Tyrell and Alwyn decided to hit one of the dance clubs. Tyrell turned out pretty nice too.
    [img][/img]

Of course their hip Grandpa was there.
    zAHE9.png

Back home, two wild toddlers were terrorizing the house!
    zAHZw.png

Please enjoy some random family moments.
    zAI3V.png
    zAI4n.png
    zAI4W.png
    zAI5g.png
    zAI6j.png
    zAI73.png

OK I got here and felt a need to narrate again. Alwyn got into some trouble with Dad.
    zAI7A.png

Alwyn understood where his Dad was coming from.
    zAI9k.png

He cleaned up without being asked.
    zAIbE.png

Our sweet Libby aged up to an elder.
    zAIcA.png

Cameron is always reading to a child.
    zAIgy.png

Oh my gosh…this was one of my most terrifying sim fires.
    zAIhr.png

After putting the fire out, Alwyn combusted again. Thank goodness Cameron is autonomously on it!
    zAIjo.png

He kept Alwyn home from school that day and took him out for a bite to eat with Grandpa. He looks pretty good for nearly dying from fire.
    zAIl4.png

Love them!
    zAImE.png

After lunch, they went home and all worked on Alwyn’s project.
    zAIoL.png

Alwyn was a little confused so having a genius grandpa there helping was great!
    zAIqs.png

Colwyn and his cousin Shea have been having a good time with void critters and Libby likes rooting for Colwyn.
    zAItP.png

Then of course our sweet Bubbles aged up too. The sad part about getting kittens together.
    zAIwy.png

As a slow eater who was often left at the table alone, I thought this was sweet. Everyone but Colwyn was done, Dad stayed to chat with him while he finished.
    zAIxO.png

Later before bedtime Cameron had a little dance off with Arwen.
    zAIAa.png

The next day Kristina took Colwyn and Shea out for ice cream.
    zAICl.png

Colwyn gets really excited about ice cream.
    zAIDD.png

They had a birthday for the party and I thought it was really cute when Tyrell hugged Arwen.
    zAIG2.png

I loved this picture so much!
    zAIJ3.png

This one was so sweet too. Love them.
    zAIL7.png

The party went great even if my game wouldn’t acknowledge the sims listening to the radio or eating cake. FYI the 2 girls on the far right are Lawrence’s youngest girls (Cameron’s sisters) Heather and Brenda. The other 3 girls you can see are Grady and Elise’s girls.
    zAINy.png
    Post edited by debjameswhite on
    @debjameswhite - I always love when I catch kids and animals together, especially when they like each other. I still really love how you decorated the house and the family seems to be adjusting to the wild children well enough :lol: Libby looks to be on a mission in that one pic. And Cameron is a good dad to his little ones even when they aren't on their best behavior. Aww look how cute Libby is watching the kids play Voidcritters. The party looks fun and everyone is smiling so I bet they all had a good time.

Evie and James returned home from their vacation to find one happy little Colin waiting for them.
    324c311577.jpg

While she was grateful for her mother-in-law, Evie was glad to be back with their little guy.
    332d9e209d.jpg

And so was James!
    bf683ad38c.jpg

Because Colin is the curious type Evie makes sure he gets plenty of attention and hands on learning.
    aa666f491d.jpg

fdb2699ffd.jpg

And when Evie has to work James spends time with Colin as much as he can as well.
    a81772ea5f.jpg

e5de07d2ee.jpg

Now that James was back into town he took some time to hang out with his best friend, his brother.
    f2dab5002b.jpg

Both brothers felt right at home at the Geekcon in San Myshuno.
    a4d9f32f13.jpg

Back home Evie was working up a surprise cake for Colin since his birthday was just around the corner.
    b170649021.jpg

Unfortunately Colin just couldn't wait to be a big boy and aged up just before the cake was done.
    81cd7e6692.jpg

And here he is with a little makeover.
    d1f4eef83d.jpg

@everyone Another trip to Dalton, GA so I will be gone until Friday! I hope you guys keep me busy with stuff to read! It's been so quiet lately!

@OJenn Colin is so darn cute! I love that hair but I haven't had the right child for it yet. I love the picture of Evie looking over at him on the couch. It was nice to see James get some time with his brother :) Then it was Colin's birthday! What a cutie!!
    edited March 2018
    @debjameswhite - I am hoping to update soon, I've been playing a lot lately. I hope your trip goes well.
    @debjameswhite I spoke too soon about having free time the rest of my week is booked out with client appointments! I hope to get some sim time in soon though :lol:
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I've been dealing with real life. Sorry for being scarce. <3
    @OJenn I totally missed being able to read updates this week. I always get a little sad when our thread is this slow, but I’m glad you have so many appointments! I can’t wait to get home tonight!
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry for my absence. There was a death in the family and another family member is very sick. My time's been taken up with that, and I just haven't been in the right mental state to play or comment. I miss you all, and when things calm down I'll be back. <3
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    Oh sorry to hear that @Heckstress17 I hope your family is healing during this time. It's never easy.
    @Heckstress17 I'm so sorry to hear that. I will be thinking about you and your family <3
    Heads up for those that use MC Command Center, it has been updated.
    edited March 2018
    Family Tree

James and his wife Evie have really been getting into a routine now that Colin is older. The pair goes jogging every morning together now.
    abd39ec4f4.jpg

597d3438f9.jpg

But I mean who can blame them with a view like this to stare at along the way
    7591cd7589.jpg

James Evie have been trying for a baby with no luck so they adopted this little guy so that Colin had a friend, his name is Cosmo.
    ee58a09427.jpg

Evie spends a lot of her time with Cosmo though, she is a dog lover so she loves being around him.
    4b074a1cf2.jpg

77dd1d26cd.jpg

Charles called up his brother James and told him about the party they were throwing for Laura's birthday.
    7b793bf23f.jpg

Little Colin was the first to tell his aunt happy birthday.
    7e6f3513eb.jpg

While we were there I also realized Mini Jenn had passed away, at least she is reunited with her hubby
    4537b15e84.jpg

Although it looks like it was fairly recent as her son-in-law, Lucas is still mourning.
    17d6bdc094.png

The party was a great opportunity to catch up with the family, and Evie found out that Charlotte and Lucas had a baby girl.
    b8975fd311.jpg

And Laura enjoyed the company, she seems happy about being an adult now.
    223b6ad405.jpg

With all the family time the pair decided to go and see Evie's little sister who apparently lives in Oasis in this cute little trailer.
    e5bfa40839.jpg

By the end of the day they were both glad to be back home
    b3a3f22dd8.jpg

And just in time for Evie to learn about their little surprise! Guess its time to consider a bigger home :lol:
    2d68ec0dcf.png

Post edited by OJenn on
    You know how I mentioned that the family needed a bigger home?
    da74ec9880.jpg

James and Evie talked it over and with a little one on the way it was time to move.
    a809342498.jpg

They opted for a place right in the heart of sable square. There is a park and vet clinic nearby.
    4f0166652d.jpg

Evie loves their new outdoor space she calls it her little retreat.
    5352221d22.jpg

623da5cdf6.jpg

I grabbed this house from the gallery unfurnished after filtering by hashtags ( #Brindletonbay ) The front porch is still a work in progress for now.
    077e6edb4f.jpg

To the right of the front door is the family room where Colin likes to spend most of his time.
    d3eb4c009b.jpg

To the left when you first walk in is a coat rack and some seating to enjoy the fireplace. Underneath the stairs is a little rest area for their dog, Cosmo. This space leads to the dining room.
    50a76b06cb.jpg

fc60b2016a.jpg

The dining room leads into the kitchen space which I had so much fun putting together.
    4f8a961ca6.jpg

6d7c2d9fcb.jpg

In the kitchen is space for the washer and dryer along with a little eat in nook.
    51b39d4fa5.jpg

1783c9aa70.jpg

James really loves spending time in the kitchen staring out at his wife in the backyard ♥
    b2e6d16a75.jpg

And Evie loves the backyard alot!
    17d395ff70.jpg

b70846f11f.jpg

Soon they plan to add to the garden with veggies and fruits.
    09fd248ebf.jpg

0f6330c705.jpg

Upstairs are the kids rooms.
    23d5afce63.jpg

b55f37fcf5.jpg

Surprise I peaked and they are having a little girl!
    145fb119c8.jpg

And on the main floor attached, but kind of detached from the rest of the house is the master suite.
    3d577a02e4.jpg

3b771e9268.jpg

6e0ef6446f.jpg
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Hey everyone! Europe was amazing. We spent 4 days in Berlin and 4 days in Prague--it was perfect. I just wish we could've stayed a little longer. It was definitely a hard goodbye, but Shawn will be back this summer, so at least we have that to look forward to! I just got in last night and haven't had time to play yet, but hopefully I will tonight! After catching up on everyone's updates (and seeing that the new pack is out!!) I'm dying to get back in game! I'm trying to finish my travel journal before I forget the details, so I'll be back for comments later :)
    @JordanNicoleJJ - That's so exciting that you had fun on your trip! But I'm glad your back, I just got the new pack and the small animals are so cute!!
    @OJenn Thank you for giving me reading material this week! I'm sad when we're not posting often. That new puppy is so cute! He reminds me of when Quinton had Salem :) Aww I'm so sad that mini-Jenn passed away! I think I'm kinda glad you weren't there to see it though. I love seeing families getting together. It always makes me happy to see them getting back together. Oh and I'm really excited that Evie is pregnant!

Then you gifted me one of my favorite types of posts!! The house tour! And a New England Cape Cod <3<3 I was immediately fascinated with the little side house :) I love the picture of Evie sitting on the porch smiling away. As always you did a beautiful job decorating. I love when you inspire me especially just before I'm about to build an heir's house! I love the gazebo outside and the step up patio to the grill. Ohhh that little room is the master suite! Interesting!!

@JordanNicoleJJ Hooray! I'm sorry you had to come back but I'm so glad you're back at the same time!! <3<3
    Ahhh!!! You guys! If it wasn't for you I'd never know when stuff comes out...I was thinking I have the new pack...for jungle...but someone said small animals and EEP a new pack I don't have!
    I realized I have a lot of pictures to post. I've just been kinda going along. I could post more than this, but I'm tired so consider this the start of my weekend posting extravaganza!!
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 45: Getting Old

Cameron has finally started dedicating himself to his love of writing and he’s started writing children books.
    zJeOd.png

Shea – Colwyn’s cousin and best friend came over one day feeling real down.
    zJeOW.png

He really started feeling bad when this random dog started attacking him. Colwyn ran for help.
    zJeQt.png

Out of nowhere, Grandpa showed up to save the day!
    zJfCC.png

This family really likes to eat in the living room instead of around the table.
    zJeTs.png

Colwyn has a lot of empathy and he plays doctor all the time on his own.
    zJeUv.png

He also reminds me of his Grandpa Lawrence who was always playing the violin as a child.
    zJeVI.png

Later the entire family went out to eat with Lawrence.
    zJf1J.png

Lawrence also spends a lot of time at the house.
    zJf5r.png

Cameron likes chess but it’s not his favorite. He plays for his dad though.
    zJf6s.png

Kristina has one of the parenting aspirations and she is constantly hovering over her children.
    zJfel.png

Alwyn is a good big brother.
    zJfgj.png

No one was ready to lose Lilly.
    zJfi9.png

Or Bubbles :(
    zJfjP.png

Right after that, there were a few birthdays. No one could be happy. Especially Colwyn. He was sad days longer than even his mother.
    zJflU.png

Coincidentally, this nice new family moved in to one of the neighboring towns!
    zJfqA.PNG
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Popping in for some quick comments while my packs download--then I'm off to play! I don't remember when I posted last so I'm just going to comment on the last couple pages.

@Heckstress17 Ugh twins--again--I feel for you. Oh my gosh the (first set of) twins are SUCH cute kids! I think I'm favoring Hunter just a tiny bit right now. And ahhh Billie's daughter is soooo cute! Now I really have baby fever :tired_face: All of their little outfits are adorable :love:

@carlimact Congrats on getting your game back up and running! Wow all those kids seem like a handful--props to you for keeping up with them! Maya playing with Thor was sooo cute. Is that a full octopus in that Udon?! :lol: Poor babies (and parents!) having to deal with all those monsters. I was lucky that Billie befriended it so she could tell it to go away on her own :lol: Pablo's aging like fine wine I see :smirk: And adult Thor is still cute as ever too! Such a mighty watchdog :wink: Hahaha, I love how Maya just slept through the monster chaos. Oh my gosh, toddlers playing with pets get me every time :bawling::heart: HOLY WHAT. Harrison is HAWT :love: Can I vote for my heir choice now? :lol:

@debjameswhite Awww I love all the kitties lounging around the house. Oh my god, poor Philomena!! Did she die of hunger?? Nooo not Quinton too! They seemed so young :frowning: Oh my god--the abduction--what?! That was so weird! Maybe Quinton's firstborns saved him from Grim. That makes me feel better anyway :lol: Wow--two single births! Did you change the settings in MCCC or are you just getting lucky? :lol: The ball pit!! I totally forgot about that. I really want to make a tot/kid/teen hangout lot with ball pits and arcade games and card tables and everything. Aww..I spoke too soon--twins :confused: I really wish they were more rare. I love that pic of the cats sleeping in the master bedroom--that room is beautiful. Ooo that's a tough heir choice. I really like Colwyn and the girl (sorry I'm terrible with names :tired_face: )...maybe leaning just a little more toward Colwyn. I see you added the mates :smirk: I can't wait to see who Colwyn picks!

@OJenn Congrats on your new job! Aww, Evie and James look so excited about the pregnancy--I'm so happy for them. I love Evie's new look! It's good to hear that Mini Jenn visits often. I adore all the family bonding pics! AHH Colin is ADORABLE :love: I'm so jealous of everyone's adorable tots!! Okay, Selvadorada is officially my fav sim world EVER. Your pics of it are absolutely breathtaking. They look amazing in their jungle exploration outfits :sunglasses: I can't wait to explore this pack myself! All those pics of baby Colin :love: They grow up so fast :cry: That house :love::love::love: You are seriously tempting me to build a new house...and I just built a new one! Don't do this to me :tired_face: I think the laundry room is my favorite. Those rugs that came with laundry stuff make every room look so cozy. Can't wait to see the little girl!

@Francisca464 It's always great seeing a post from you! Sorry to hear you've been down again--and dealing with the flu on top of that? That's the WORST. I hope you're feeling better <3 Eeee I'm glad to see Zauna and Javier are expecting! Omg Princess :lol: I love and hate how the pets react to pregnancies :lol: "Mexican standoff" LMAO, I'm dying :joy: Congrats on the twins! One of each, how perfect. I love the naming theme! Oh my god...those tot pics :love::love::love: Those are some seriously adorable toddlers. Good to see Bolt finally getting some attention lol. Omg a mini Oreo! "Ugliest cat in the history of humankind" lmao, it can't be THAT bad :lol: *sees the kitten grown up* :flushed: I think this is one of those cases where it's so ugly that it's cute :joy:
  • RhythrinRhythrin Posts: 184 Member
    Hey guys, sorry for my absence. Things got really bad at home, as you may still remember, and I have been couch surfing and trying to get my life back on track for the past month and a half. I currently moved to the UK, where my significant other lives. I'm safe and well, and I'm kind of excited to start reading all your updates and making updates myself again! Hope all is well here ♥.

Do you guys enjoy the new packs? I haven't bought petstuff yet but I might.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top