Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited December 2017
    In my last update, the twins became children! Charlotte aged up with the Genius trait and her brother Charles got the Cat Lover.
    0342eeb68b.png

bce21730a9.png

Even though Charlotte is a genius she is quite the comedian and is always cracking jokes with her mom.
    fb2528dd9b.jpg

9b4c1fbc99.jpg

While the males in the house bond over chess and their love of strategy.
    5ca2c9a934.jpg

Charles is very much trying to be like his father and it is just adorable to watch these two.
    d5bdaf5fdc.jpg

With the holidays approaching and Jenn's belly growing more and more every day the family finally got around to putting up the tree.
    c6763b32d8.jpg

Charles is very excited for Christmas and can't wait to see what presents he got.
    a7cac2ea9f.jpg

Speaking of her growing belly, this pregnancy has been pretty rough on poor mini Jenn.
    3d40de687a.jpg

I think she is pretty much over it at this point. (I feel bad because I increased the pregnancy days so poor Jenn has been suffering because of me)
    764a2b8fa7.jpg

Sadie had a birthday recently and the grays have settled in, but that doesn't keep her from smiling.
    3e00d252a3.jpg

But then again with ages comes other things and poor Sadie got sick for the first time in her life.
    958e2fb316.jpg

Jenn put on a brave face and took Sadie to the vet clinic in town.
    9ba7d1a081.jpg

674c140c96.jpg

The vet was super nice and very patient with Sadie while he worked on her.
    31f826db7c.jpg

Jenn got the best treatment money could buy and Sadie was back to her old self ♥
    3f3f6c9f99.jpg

As soon as they got home Jenn's water broken and she was rushed to the hospital, where a very happy doctor was there to greet her!
    7e7f34ba85.jpg

Luckily she only had one baby this time and she named him James.
    98805b7339.jpg
  • NicoletteSimsNicoletteSims Posts: 364 Member
    edited December 2017
    Trying out this challenge! :) My founders had triplets..oh jeez! :neutral:
    Links on my wall:
    >>The Eastman's: Sun/Wed/Thurs>>Days Of Golden: Mon>>Catching Up With The Clarkes: Tues/Fri
    Trying out this challenge! :) My founders had triplets..oh jeez! :neutral:

Wowzers! The multiples curse continues! I wish your founders the best! D you have any pictures of them or the kids?
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Hmmmm....should I buy the Cats & Dogs expansion...or a new planner? Decisions...decisions!!!

@Rawla Omg, congrats?? on the quadruplets!!! Great names too!

@OJenn I LOVE the build you made for @debjameswhite!! Also that Christmas tree in your sims' house is gorgeous! And Jenn is so beautiful!

@Heckstress17 Yeah that red hair though...craziness!! I'm getting a little tired of it lol So sad you lost a dog and a cat in your game :(

@Francisca464 I love your new couple!!!

@debjameswhite I really like Gianni! He looks so different and unique. Greysen sure has a hilarious outfit haha. I think MC Mod can be used to clean outfits, but I haven't figured it out yet! Patches is adorable! I'm always afraid I'm going to close my window when I'm updating too lol

@JordanNicoleJJ Omg, that look on Sylvester's face!! So is this pet running away thing a common happening with the expansion?

@Luclylu Thanks for the info!! Your blog is beautiful!

@NicoletteSims Welcome to the challenge!!!
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @OJenn I love how cute your kids are. I love that Charlotte is a little jokester and the boys playing chess that's always one of my favorites. OH I love your tree! It just made me realize I haven't done any holidays in the sims! Awww poor mini Jenn! How could you do it to her?! :) Awww poor little Sadie getting sick. I'm glad the vet could fix her up for you. Baby James looks so pale! I can't wait to see him age up!

@NicoletteSims Welcome to our challenge and welcome to our multiple curse! I'm looking forward to seeing your family.

@Meeshelby Buy the sims and make a planner...that's what I would do! :) Bullet Journal ftw! I keep mine in a traveler notebook that I made mysel :)

I have just a tiny update for you tonight :)
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 14: Cats are Great

Patches often talks to Gianni from this vantage point.
    yCmYF.png
    yCmZ9.png

I was so angry. Gianni went home to visit and Toby picked then to die. I was hoping I wouldn’t see it this time :(
    yCn1i.png

He was glad he had Patches to go home to.
    yCn1T.png

She’s really sweet.
    yCn4f.png

She also loves the cat wand.
    yCn5b.png

She’s not the only woman in his life though.
    yCn72.png

Jordyn’s parents were there and wow was Sasha big! She had a second set of twins!!
    yCn8S.png

They made it official and had their first kiss.
    yCnb1.png

Gianni’s dad was there too. Jeesh!
    yCncq.png

Oh, and finally, Gianni got a promotion at work and was able to update some of his counters. He still needs to do something with the uppers though!
    yCndT.png
    @debjameswhite I totally need to get better at bullet journals! I don't feel like I know how to do them very well. And I'm too picky. Anyhow...Cats & Dogs wins! lol
    Sorry for 2 messages in a row but I just got Cats & Dogs for 30% off!!!!!! Use code: FILLYOURSTOCKING on Origin!!
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited December 2017
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    Sorry for 2 messages in a row but I just got Cats & Dogs for 30% off!!!!!! Use code: FILLYOURSTOCKING on Origin!!

Yay!!! Congrats! You're gonna love it. :smiley:<3

@debjameswhite - Whyyyy Toby? :cry: Patches is adorable! I love seeing Gianni playing with her. First kiss. oooh lala. And dad was there. *dies laughing* I bet he's proud. lol

@OJenn - The twins turned out sooooo cute! I can't tell which one is my favorite. I love them both! <3

@NicoletteSims - Hiiiii Welcome to the challenge!! You're gonna love it! :smiley:
    edited December 2017
    I finally played again. And my toddlers are now children. Oh and 4.0 of MCCC is out and they can go to school again! Weee!

12-09-17_9-09-01_AM.png

12-09-17_9-34-12_AM.png

Arrkero (He aged up with a hairstyle that is not like his other brother's. I still think they look identical though. Still too hard to tell.)
    12-09-17_9-04-12_AM.png

Arroden
    12-09-17_9-05-04_AM.png

Adun
    12-09-17_9-05-51_AM.png

Akymia
    12-09-17_9-08-07_AM.png
    edited December 2017
    There are some weird things happening in my game. Multiples are out of control. So many townies are having triplets. Also, Gianni keeps going to the sink and it says "wash dishes" but there are no dirty dishes and he just stands in front of the sink with that though bubble popping up over and over and over. I'm not sure if it's because of cc or a game glitch.

Oh I forgot the reason I was going to write this post! Also, Gianni never has to do the daily task for his career. It always says it's complete.
    Post edited by debjameswhite on
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hey guys! Sorry for not being around much the last couple days. It's just a super busy time of year. I've hardly been home. I have been keeping up with the updates though! I'm really looking forward to sitting down and playing. It's been about a week since I've really played. I'll be back tomorrow or Monday to do comments <3

Also @debjameswhite my game has been super glitchy too! I'm down to almost no CC, basically just my defaults and the command center, yet townie spawning is out of control and I'm constantly having to reset my sims. I haven't installed the most recent MCC update. I'm hoping that'll help. If not I might just remove it :/ Can I please get the glitch Gianni is getting with his jobs daily task being completed though? lol
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    @Rawla Thanks!! I'm trying out the Cats Rule, Dogs Drool challenge. Your quadruplets are definitely identical!

@debjameswhite & @Heckstress17 Sorry for all the troubles you're having. I'm sitting down to play tonight, so we'll see if I have any issues...

@everyone .... Finally, after 8-ish months....I am bringing you an update; just a quick one. Mind you, the photos from this update were dated a year ago in October!!! That's insane! Where does the time go?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Alley Family Tree
    (Spoiler Alert)
    Short Version
    Long Version

Catch up on my story on my blog here!

RBWC - Gen 4 - Chapter 53
    Triplets, Old Flames & New Friends

32392062152_3b954842b6_o.png
    32392062082_18b8208219_o.png
    Amanda had absolutely no problem at all making friends. She was an incredibly social child.

32392061552_4ce9ae0c17_o.png
    32392061822_cf8b1dda06_o.png
    32392061682_5936d21aa4_o.png
    Random travels around town were normal to her daily routine, meeting new people everywhere. She also LOVED to go visit her Grandpa Richard.

32392061872_1b61a28921_o.png
    Ridge loved his new work gear!

32392061472_3c44585aa6_o.png
    Soon the time came for Maggie to give birth.

32392061372_a837317d4d_o.png
    32392061252_6125b3be98_o.png
    32392061102_536fa13a1e_o.png
    And not only was there one, but THREE babies!!! Two girls and a boy.

24085680007_06a3b24618_o.jpg
    Adelynn Everest

38914190252_50e8769846_o.jpg
    Keenan Everest

38064231515_b66f83bc96_o.jpg
    Leanna Everest

32392061032_a0e9b7e843_o.png
    It seems the tradition of their ancestors continues!

32108311950_6fb6f0547f_o.jpg
    32108311770_8576feb2ba_o.jpg
    Maggie still managed to get a promotion being pregnant and having triplets. Derek called her once, and she just ignored the phone call. Shame on him!!!

TOWNIE NEWS

32108312050_b2b5b51513_o.jpg
    32108311820_7c71ee2e16_o.jpg
    An old townie, Paolo Rocca finally passed away (he was around FOREVER! Maybe because he was a level 10 in fitness?). And Richard’s mom, Claudia, passed away as well.
    edited December 2017
    @Meeshelby - Triplets! They are so cute too! Love those eyes. And the color of hair! Gotta get me some in my line someday. Awesome update! I'm curious, where can I find this Cats Rule, Dogs Drool challenge? And yes, I think you're right about my quads being identical.

I've installed the latest MCCC 4.0. I haven't tweaked any of the settings yet so they are at default. I'll get it done next time I play. This week is going to be insane in real life, so I might not be on too much. Hubby is going in for surgery. :cry:

Edit: I've tweaked MCCC settings. Most my Sims can have in a single birth is 3. It'll be interesting to see if I still get the multiples curse. lol
    Post edited by Rawla on
    @Meeshelby Awww! What a blast from the past! It was great to see your family :) The triplets are so cute. I'm so glad you're posting again :)
    @Rawla Yeah I LOVED the red for a while and now I'm sick of it lol. So you can find the details for the Cats/Dogs challenge here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930566/cats-rule-dogs-drool-vet-challenge/p1

@debjameswhite Its been a while!! Thank you!!
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    @Rawla Yeah I LOVED the red for a while and now I'm sick of it lol. So you can find the details for the Cats/Dogs challenge here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930566/cats-rule-dogs-drool-vet-challenge/p1

I can understand that. xD Thanks for the link. :smiley:
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 15: Growing Up

Things were getting serious between Gianni and Jordyn. Patches followed them on their date so they asked to sit outside. Yes his parents are there too.
    yDDPM.png

At least Naomi took Matias behind Gianni’s back before doing anything that might embarrass her son.
    yDDQ8.png

The next day I took Gianni to the park to look for some plants. While I was looking (without any luck) he bumped into his mom and all on their own they started playing chess. Just like when he was a child.
    yDDSF.png

He still goes home to work out.
    yDDTe.png

So Gianni’s been thinking a lot about his future but one thing he needed to do first was pay back his parents.
    yDE6q.png

His father was really proud of him when Gianni handed him a check for the money he’d borrowed, plus interest.
    yDE9t.png

Then to slow things down further, pour little Patches got sick.
    yDEba.png

Finally Gianni was ready to make a move that would change his and Jordyn’s lives forever.
    yDEe0.png
    yDEen.png
    yDEeU.png
    yDEfF.png

Later in the lounge she tickled him mercilessly. I love the look on his face.
    yDEg9.png

In addition to paying off his parents, Gianni was able to buy a new bed. No more air mattress!
    yDEjK.png

He’s feeling much more comfortable now!
    yDEku.png

He also installed new floors.
    yDErE.png

Patches also approved.
    yDEof.png

Then he asked the love of his life to move in.
    yDEpz.png

We found out she works for the space program and she’s pretty high up. Gianni found her uniform to be very hot!
    yDEsi.png

I thought they were adorable in their pajamas.
    yDEuS.png

Eventually, it was time for their big day.
    yDExo.png

They wanted to get married on the water.
    yDEBp.png
    yDEzQ.png
    yDEC5.png
    yDECG.png

Greysen doing pushups at the reception.
    yDEDO.png

Then they went on a honeymoon.
    yDF4p.png

Gianni loved being able to grill.
    yDF68.png

Of course Patches went as well.
    yDF7J.png

She loves stalking things.
    yDF9E.png

She did not love Gianni’s guitar playing.
    yDFF6.png

At least not at first. Soon she was singing along.
    yDFcK.png

Jordyn loves the outdoors and her and Gianni had a great time fishing.
    yDFhZ.png
    yDFig.png

Then they played horseshoes.
    yDFjP.png

They cloud gazed.
    yDFkw.png

Then I noticed this…
    yDFlk.PNG

So it was time for a talk.
    yDFlX.png

And it was time for a reaction.
    yDFn3.png
    yDFnu.png

You all know what this means!
    yDFo4.png

Remember Greysen’s oldest daughter in the Oasis Springs’ story? She looked very similar to Jordyn.
    yDFqx.png

Not quite quads…triplets. I let the game name them. Londyn, Sloane and Quinton.
    yDFri.png
    @debjameswhite - I can't express with words how much I loved this latest update of yours. There are so many funny, endearing, wonderful, awesome things to count. Well done!!! <3 Congrats on the triplets too. xD
    @meeshelby - Hooray for Cats and Dogs winning the vote!

@debjameswhite - Cats do love their vantage points :wink: And looks like Toby's time has finally come, he lived a good life nonetheless. I loved seeing Jordyn and Gianni together and congrats to them on becoming official! They look like they had a nice dinner date even with all the familiar faces around. And congrats on their engagement and marriage! Gianni's place is really starting to take shape, I am so proud of him!! Congrats on all the babies.

And some of the glitches are game related, I think EA will have one more patch this month.

@Rawla - The kids do look pretty identical, especially the boys!

@Meeshelby - D'aww Amanda is super cute. The curse continues. I like Adelynn and Keenan are my favorites but I think it's because they have Richard's eye shape. Leanna has a very fierce look to her.

Everyone - Mondays are my days off so I hope to get some play time in and have an update too. Fingers crossed!
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    @Meeshelby Yay for cats & dogs! Great update! I’ve always wanted to have a red headed clan but always worried it will carry one and then get sick of it lol

@Rawla Hope everything goes good with his surgery! I can’t get over how much alike they all look!

@debjameswhite Haha that’s adorable that Patches followed them on their date :heart: Congrats Gianni and Jordyn! Oh wow triplets! Everyone’s having multiples lol

Everyone - I’ve been trying to download MCCC and it’s there, shows up but still doesn’t work :disappointed: So I think I’ll give up on that and get back to playing some more.

• Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Comments! I really hope to get time to play and update this afternoon. I'm thinking about switching to short lifespan to speed things along. With all of the glitches I've been having time has been moving painfully slow in my game.

@debjameswhite - You've gotten so far ahead! :o I'm jealous! Patches is the cutest sim cat I've ever seen?! I love the pictures of him on top of the refrigerator. Oh no Toby! How unlucky that Gianni was visiting home when it happened. I am really loving all the date pics at the Oasis restaurant. We should just call it the Wolfe family restaurant since they love it so much <3 Jordyn is the female Greysen in my eyes, she looks SO much like him. I'm so glad Gianni proposed. The location was beautiful! I love those shots. Their wedding on the water was also great. Jordyn's dress looked like it was made for her. I really like her tall slender figure. I know she's not really taller then other sims, but there's something about her build that makes her seem that way to me. Their honeymoon in Granite falls was fun to see. I saw some houses for there that I wanna download so I was planning to take my sims there soon too. Ah surprise triplets!!? How long was their honeymoon?! :joy: Good luck with them! You're better at multiples then I am. I'm sure you're doing fine. Oh and by the way Gianni's fixer upper is totally making me want to have a heir do the same.

@OJenn - Your family is coming along so beautifully! The white Christmas tree with the blue presents is gorgeous! I love how the boys are bonding over chess. Poor mini Jenn and her extended pregnancy. She looked gorgeous though! omg in the picture of Sadie before she got sick it looked like she's smiling for the camera. The waiting room of the vet clinic looks amazing. The vet wasn't too hard on the eyes either :D I LOVE the name James! Welcome to the family little one! I saw a spoiler of him on your blog. Too cute!

@NicoletteSims - Triplets omg :D Hope you're having fun!

@Rawla - Good to hear MCC 4.0 is seems to be fixing things. I swear your families are getting more and more attractive as you play on. The quads are so cute! I think they look a lot like their Dad.

@meeshelby - I can't believe it's been 8 months! I love how the sims is one of the few games you can play after that period of time and pick up right where you left off with no problems. Social butterfly Amanda is too cute! I love that she visited her Grandpa, and it was really nostalgic to see Ridge again too. Poor Maggie having triplets! But hey at least Keenan doesn't have the red hair you're sick of! omg Derek :joy: The woman just had triplets give her a break!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    Luclylu wrote: »
    Everyone - I’ve been trying to download MCCC and it’s there, shows up but still doesn’t work :disappointed: So I think I’ll give up on that and get back to playing some more.

Do you have script mods enabled in your settings for the game? I put MCCC in its own folder within my mods folder so that is it seperate. I think that helps.
    5642a7644f.png
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    edited December 2017
    OJenn wrote: »
    Luclylu wrote: »

Do you have script mods enabled in your settings for the game? I put MCCC in its own folder within my mods folder so that is it seperate. I think that helps.
    5642a7644f.png

Ya, I followed the YouTube videos and different instructions but it’s always the same. The notification on the top right hand pops up (but doesn’t say MCCC and the version but the subheadings) and then a ton of orange blank ones pop up. I’ve tried screenshooting it but every time I paste it, it’s blank. Weird lol

Edit: My folder looks just like yours, I’ve ever took out all CC but still had the same issue.
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Sorry for being MIA this week--it's finals week and I've been studying non-stop. Next week I'm moving into my new apartment and starting to work again, so I may still be too busy for Sims, but we'll see! I'll at least try to find time to comment :)
    @Luclylu - And you have the latest version? 4.0.0? (Sorry if you answered this and I missed it)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top