Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot pricing issues

I havent been able to find an answer to the difference in pricing on lots

I have a house, its lot value is 135,251, however at the bottom of the screen in build mode the price is 107,145 - additionally the upload price is an even 150,000

What accounts for the differences in value?

So then I bulldoze and replace the house (gotta test it!) and now the lot value is 155,328, the price at the bottom of build is 87,266 and the upload price has now dropped to 149,630.

This makes no sense.
Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
Origin ID NectereSim

Comments

• KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    I don't understand what you mean by the value at the bottom of build mode?

In the bottom of the build mode screen the number of simoleons refers to the amount of money the homeowners have, not the value of the house.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hello
    The build mode upload price can alter depending on the state of harvestables or the collectibles that are in the home at that time.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »

In the bottom of the build mode screen the number of simoleons refers to the amount of money the homeowners have, not the value of the house.

I know, I just cant figure out why it takes that much money away each time or why the price changes. The occupant is only there for putting filters and frames on things (photos/paintings) as well as setting light hues, syncing fountains for pictures and/or turning on the fireplace. They literally dont do anything else except sit outside on a park bench.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    Karallyne wrote: »

I know, I just cant figure out why it takes that much money away each time or why the price changes. The occupant is only there for putting filters and frames on things (photos/paintings) as well as setting light hues, syncing fountains for pictures and/or turning on the fireplace. They literally dont do anything else except sit outside on a park bench.

Hello
    Perhaps you could post about this on the Build mode Feedback thread and BryonyRae may be able to help you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-updated-6-7-17#latest
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @Nectere so when you create a household in CAS, they are given a base sum with which to purchase a lot (20k). After you purchase the lot (in my case, for test purposes, I created a sim and placed him on the Potters Splay lot), the amount of the lot cost ($2500) is deducted from the household amount, leaving my sim with an amount of $17500, which shows on the bottom left. The build mode amount in the top left is the cost of the lot plus any improvements made on it. The amount shown when you save does not include the lot cost. So those are the basic differences, which you can verify for yourself by starting a new household and parking it on an empty lot.

Now the other variances come into play depending upon what you place on your lot and how your playtesting goes. There is depreciation that occurs when sims live on a lot, that reduces the cost of the lot that you see in build mode. However, depreciation is reverted when you save/upload the lot. Also, if you place sim created paintings on a lot, their value will not be properly added to the lot price when saved/uploaded. Likewise, with photos, although the problem with photos as I recall is a bit weirder - I'd have to look it up, but I think the game actually saves the lot with a higher price that the photos are shown to be worth in game. So those are some of the variables; hope this helps explain it a bit.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @Nectere so when you create a household in CAS, they are given a base sum with which to purchase a lot (20k). After you purchase the lot (in my case, for test purposes, I created a sim and placed him on the Potters Splay lot), the amount of the lot cost ($2500) is deducted from the household amount, leaving my sim with an amount of $17500, which shows on the bottom left. The build mode amount in the top left is the cost of the lot plus any improvements made on it. The amount shown when you save does not include the lot cost. So those are the basic differences, which you can verify for yourself by starting a new household and parking it on an empty lot.

Now the other variances come into play depending upon what you place on your lot and how your playtesting goes. There is depreciation that occurs when sims live on a lot, that reduces the cost of the lot that you see in build mode. However, depreciation is reverted when you save/upload the lot. Also, if you place sim created paintings on a lot, their value will not be properly added to the lot price when saved/uploaded. Likewise, with photos, although the problem with photos as I recall is a bit weirder - I'd have to look it up, but I think the game actually saves the lot with a higher price that the photos are shown to be worth in game. So those are some of the variables; hope this helps explain it a bit.

Thanks, yeah I have seen some weird pricing on the photos, they will be one price on the room they are saved in but when I place them on the lot, they devalue or sometimes arent even counted. I have a weird habit of creating homes with a specific price - usually a round number - so I tend to notice these price variants and wondered what it was stemming from. I get everything correct, the price point I want, then replace it and the price changed again - fix it, save it, replace it, priced changed again. Plus the sim keeps losing money on each replacement, its not a one for one. Anyway thanks for the explanation.
    Origin ID NectereSim