Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welcome all new Sims 3 players!

ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
It seems there are a lot of new peeps playing the Sims 3, welcome! When I first started playing I looked at the prices of the store stuff and dismissed it. What I didn't know is there is a whole community built around 'owning the store'. And now that the ads on the Sims 3 store have disappeared, this community of gifters is even more important! Please check out the store forum and here is a contest to get you started!

Prepare to be addicted to chasing the deals...

THE DAILY DEAL THREAD!! GET THOSE DEALS FOR CHEAP!
Post edited by ZeeGee on

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Welcome to the new players! :smiley:

I haven't actually had much time to play TS3 in a while as I have been away last week and back at work this week but I have plans for a lot of things in the future :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Looking forward to seeing what you're planning!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    @ZeeGee, wonder how many of them are coming back from TS4. ~sorry~ :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    We have new players here? Okay... (blows whistle)

Line up, newbies! We need to see your sims blindfolded, with spoons in their mouths and an egg on each spoon. They have to go from one end of the lot to the other without dropping their egg or bumping into each other. And, GO! (blows whistle again)

Just kidding, but welcome to all and that's as close as we get to "hazing" around here besides having to gather up enough points to be a Full Member of the forum if not already one. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Awww... can I be a noobie? I wanna play with an egg and spoon :D Surely I can count as being new cos I've been away for about 9 weeks (well, I've been in ts4 game and forum - yeah, I know, I had a temporary lapse lol).

But now I am back with a vengeance! Run for the hills, hide all your sims and beware of me stealing creative ideas for outfits.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited August 2017
    @ZeeGee I am looking forward to keeping everyone update :smile:

@Nikkei_Simmer I wouldn't be surprised if there are many players coming back from TS4, I have seen that happened loads after the last few years and we have even taken a few 'new' players who started with TS4 and then heard that TS3 was 'better' which might actually be my fault! :D

@igazor Well if you remember I was a new member twice and the only player to gain more than 2 million points in just one week! :smiley: All I did was say that TS3 was the best Sims game ever made :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Awww... can I be a noobie? I wanna play with an egg and spoon :D Surely I can count as being new cos I've been away for about 9 weeks (well, I've been in ts4 game and forum - yeah, I know, I had a temporary lapse lol).

But now I am back with a vengeance! Run for the hills, hide all your sims and beware of me stealing creative ideas for outfits.

Welcome back, @elanorbreton. Feel free to steal my sims any time. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I took a break from playing recently to work on CAW projects as it was too hot to play and I didn't want to overheat my computer or myself in that awful weather.I'll be back to my TS2 play in TS3 again.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    igazor wrote: »
    We have new players here? Okay... (blows whistle)

Line up, newbies! We need to see your sims blindfolded, with spoons in their mouths and an egg on each spoon. They have to go from one end of the lot to the other without dropping their egg or bumping into each other. And, GO! (blows whistle again)

Just kidding, but welcome to all and that's as close as we get to "hazing" around here besides having to gather up enough points to be a Full Member of the forum if not already one. :p

:lol: Well not as many as I seem to remember posting about being new! I'm with @elanorbreton, I wanna play too. Sounds as fun as herding cats.

So welcome back to those who've been away for various reasons. We're still here...still addicted.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Welcome @ZeeGee Good to meet yo..............hey wait a minute I know you. :#

But hello to all the other new people who are playing the best Sim game of all time. <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    My post was intended to be for the real new players, not those who consider themselves "new" due to some kind of technicality or a ten minute vacation away from the game. But not to worry, I think we have enough blindfolds, spoons, and eggs to go around so everyone can play. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @CravenLestat Still up to your old tricks I see! Beautiful avi.

@igazor I realized it was meant for real new players but they all seem to have disappeared! So us 'oldies' will have to play on our own. :)
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    I skipped over Sims 3 when it first came out because the art style was really a turn off for me. I'll admit that it was all the Sims 4 vs Sims 3 talk that got me curious enough. So I picked up the base game from the recent steam sale to give it a second chance. Playing with open world is fun, tho I do wish my Sims would try to leave the house on their own sometimes. I'm also enjoying the tiny details like ants attacking picnic baskets or looking both ways at intersections while riding a bike. And I'm happy that my homemaker Sims actually have beds to make up and things to clean again. XD
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    The new TS3 simmers are too busy playing to hang out in the forums. :p
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member

i did. lol

i did. lol

Welcome back. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @tanakaki Welcome! Sims will leave their house and go to work if they have a job. Can't think of anything else where they autonomously leave the house.

@1need4kaffee Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

@princess_kaguya Welcome or welcome back? Whichever one fits. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Your plantsim quote is hilarious. :lol:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

Oh how I wish I could dive in to the game during my lunch hour!
    @elanorbreton I tried the mobile game to get my fix at lunch but it was too slow and you had to pay to speed it up. Now, I work from home and still don't play at lunch because I can't turn it off and get back to work. I end up on the forums for lunch. ;)
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I too tried Sims Freeplay, the mobile game. And I too decided it was boring and took too long. When everything is done in real time, and takes 8+ hours, it's hard to stay interested.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • JarvSAURUSJarvSAURUS Posts: 7 New Member
    I've never been a forum person, but since TS3 has always been that one game that has a special spot in my heart, seeing people still sticking to this oldie, makes me wanna be part of the community so bad ;- ;
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Hey, it's not that old. Sims 3 is only 8 years old.

Okay, for a video game that might be a little old. But hey, I regularly play games that came out in the 80's and early 90's.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • JarvSAURUSJarvSAURUS Posts: 7 New Member
    whoa I don't think I've ever played a game from the 80's , sadly all my gaming consoles are broken now, I just wish there are more remakes of old games, or even a remastered TS3 with all expansions and obviously at a cheaper price ;D . I really like your picture btw, it looks like an alien zombie witch plant thingy.
    Zork, Quest for Glory, King's Quest. Sigh. The good old days!
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    JarvSAURUS wrote: »
    I've never been a forum person, but since TS3 has always been that one game that has a special spot in my heart, seeing people still sticking to this oldie, makes me wanna be part of the community so bad ;- ;

@JarvSAURUS welcome to the community. You're one of us now. >:)
    388a5d8fe9d53c38af13497902f993db782236b7be19e25eefd977ce01cc5d2b.jpg
    giphy.gif