Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken links on the forum? If a SimGuru were to see this I would appreciate help!

I have a whole series of building courses (tutorials that were interactive for people that were there during the "class" and were available as standard tutorials thereafter) and all the links are broken. I was going to fix the photos (since Photobucket was what I used originally) but when I went to do that I discovered that none of the links work.

I had another Simmer ask me about one of these courses just today, so I know that people would like to have them available again.

Here is the Master Thread for all the Zoo U courses. This link works, but all the links for the courses that you see in this Master Thread are broken.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/499348/zooprofessors-beginning-builders-university-master-thread-contains-links-to-all-zoo-u-courses#latest

oow785m

Comments

• EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    edited August 2017
    Since the threads were created in 2012 the forum has moved from forums.thesims3 to forums.thesims - unfortunately this means that links that start with forums.thesims3 will not work anymore.

The only solution would be for you to edit the master thread and the individual Zoo U threads and copy in the correct links. I can recommend to have all threads open in your browser and then fix all the links in all threads in one go.

Sorry that there is not an easier solution!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Hopefully all the moving around will stop at some point. There have been many reshuffles lately :)
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2017
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    Since the threads were created in 2012 the forum has moved from forums.thesims3 to forums.thesims - unfortunately this means that links that start with forums.thesims3 will not work anymore.

The only solution would be for you to edit the master thread and the individual Zoo U threads and copy in the correct links. I can recommend to have all threads open in your browser and then fix all the links in all threads in one go.

Sorry that there is not an easier solution!

The thing is, when they first moved all the threads from the old forum it all worked perfectly. It is something that happened later that caused it. And I would update the links except I can't even find all the class threads now. This is SO frustrating! :(

Thanks for trying to help me!
    oow785m
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @EA_Spectre I'm not sure where to post this but My Sims 3 thread is missing in action! I have looked all over for it and cannot find it! Could you please help me! I have sent a PM to a few of you in the hope I can get my Sims 3 thread back active! The last time I posted in it was in June 2017, and as I was looking for my thread I see threads that are still open that haven't been posted in since 2014! Is there anyway, you could help me out, please?

Here is the original link to my Sims 3 thread:
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/623952/creations-just-by-bree-new-ally-kats-grocery-pg-84#latest