Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which hairstyle in The Sims 3 do you really like?

Comments

• therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    @pandabear1836 first one is pretty, I like even better than some EA hair with locks, second the hat is super cool too, and the last is neat indeed :smile:

@JoAnne65 Amazing Sims and great hairstyles!

@KaikoMikkusu I guess Chase Baylesses in my town whould be children of Irene Funke and Arlo Bunch sorta. As for Lola Lancaster that's perfect, beacuse I want add Bert to my game, but I dont know how to make him brother with Nick to be regonize by the game. I guess I need to copy them and merge and then make it but Im affraid to loose their releshionships. Anyway as Gold Digger is VJ Alvi only, coz Lisa Bunch has Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law LTW, it would be nice to invite Lola to my game to have another victim. Maybe Bert, or even Nick? And thank you for Tess Holloway inspiration :smile: From Chasy Bazzy hairstyle with one eye covered looks instresting to me :wink:

@kusurusu from this one I like the third one: the maid Kate Pistachio version the most I guess :smile:

@Nikkei_Simmer alpha hair rules!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @therealsunsetvalley, on the subject of hair, I'm always on the lookout for new hair...especially short non-emo hairstyles. I tend to do sims who are in the military or prefer short hairstyles...and there aren't too many that aren't inspired by manga/anime or make them look like members of N'Sync or BSB (apologizing to my wife who loves BSB...ugh...) or any of the other more recent mutations... :mrgreen: (I'm going to get crucified)

I think I'm falling into the CC-addiction trap and my wife may just have to stage an intervention.

"Honey...you are way too addicted to Custom Content... I think you need to seek help..."

":NO...I'M OKAY...I CAN HANDLE IT!!! NO DON'T TAKE MY MOUSE AWAY!!! I don't know how to use the keyboard to move the cursor around... PLEASE!!! NO!!!"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Some gorgeous sims everyone <3

If I'm wanting to create a classy female sim then I will probably use the French pleat from the base game. Looks good no matter the colour as it does in real life. Think Audrey Hepburn or Princess Grace of Monaco. Sorry no pic tonight because I am on my tablet.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I mostly use CC hair but seeing this thread and also pics from my friends' games that don't use CC, I can see that I may have written off EA hairs prematurely. I will be checking out EA hairs when I am next in game :)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Mikezumi: yeah there was a point around 2012/2013 where EA started killing it with Store hairs. They even dabbled in afro-textured hairs though it was still too little too late.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen From what I have seen of friends' pics, EA has come a very long way with their hair! I ventured into CC before they got their act together ;)
    @InfraGreen Yes, there even a set of african hairstyles:

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1.jpg

@Mikezumi Cool, post after checking if you like :smile:

@Bettyboop55 There a second one french pleat hairstyle that comes with Makeover Station from Ambitions, Beverly Castor from Twinbrook has it.

@Nikkei_Simmer from short military hairstyles i like this one:

Screenshot-388.jpg
    I checked Store and like those:

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Thumbnail_200x200.png

As for Claire Ursine, she could wear hirstyle like that:

Thumbnail_200x200.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited August 2017
    #2 is usually what my hair looks like in RL.

Thumbnail_200x200.png

Of course, @Mikezumi has seen the real me...and knows that I got a "buzzcut" a couple months ago. It's 92 up here...and that's unusual for British Columbia, Canada even during the summer. We're normally in the mid 80s...and going down in temperature by the time August rolls around - July is our hottest month. :D My wife hates that so much... She would prefer if I had Nikki Sixx hair - long flowing locks...but I'll tell you: Only Nikki Sixx could ever pull that hairstyle off.

https://www.biography.com/people/nikki-sixx-20854163
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer When I first met my husband he had longish hair but started buzz cutting it before we married. I was relieved because he looked much better with short hair. Early in our marriage we bought some hair clippers - best $30 investment we had ever made. I can't tell you how many times I cut his and my son's hair with those clippers, saving a small fortune in hair cutting costs!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I also like this hair style which is the feathered hair from the Store. The Sim is named Janie: :smile:

screenshot_original.jpg

20689883_10154789876786497_2416509125137277304_o.jpg?oh=8053c4a84b44d0ed2e0c772a5134bd23&oe=5A302336

20507031_10154789878206497_1727014801644557446_o.jpg?oh=eb29e3c7e5ec48a3e3c72567846d7742&oe=59F2B903

20776437_10154789880261497_1963614361435187393_o.jpg?oh=d389d850ba4d3ef55406ea06f76b1fa3&oe=59F61BC2

The original is Darlene Bennett

RR_vlcsnap-5100841.jpg

f7149e224b7e262ec9ed9cdd6fb24da0.jpg

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    My favourite is the True Romance hairstyle:

1502525765788-1459527969.jpg?dl=0
    (pic borrowed from Chrissy Ann of the sims 3 hair showroom blog)
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I also like this EA hair - can't remember where it's from - because it's very similar to my RL hair (maybe a whisker longer in the bangs). It looks great on males and females :)
    36101624130_ea00fed283_b.jpg

Its from Town Life SP. I think Town Life and High End Loft, probably have the most CAS stuff I use.

I'm not really sure I have any favorite hairs, face shape can make or break whether a hair looks good on a sim or not.
    I like native sets of hairstyles a lot:

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

817343962a819efd858980ee64dac1bb.jpg

for a use in Bollywood style :smile:

A hat and updo with banks is really nice too:

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

The right one looks intresting too:

edited August 2017
    @Nikkei_Simmer Someone as talented as @Emily4331 could make a Sim version of Nikki Sixx :smile:

@Mikezumi I keep Jack Bunch that way

Screenshot-39.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 lovely

@KaikoMikkusu Darleen and Darren will be placed in my game, just as Newbies, Brokes and Simovitchs, as sudden death of Darlene and Skip are episodes Im waiting for. Actually in my TS2 story Cassandra married Don and they have 4 daughters (Julia, Isabela, and set of twins Anna and Maria) and Darren was acbucted by aliens and gave birth to green skinned, black haired, black alien eyes girl :smiley:

@elanorbreton a naiad almost :smile:

@SimKeats I know what you mean, but are they any hairstyles you just kinda really like?
    I kinda like this one to:

250?cb=20141209035605

and the hat with short hair is cool to:

2r4lgs1.jpg

They reminds me of Roomies btw :smile:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @elanorbreton Yes, I love that fairylike hairstyle as well <3 So glad I found a replacement without the flowers.

I've always found judging hairstyles in the Store very hard by the way. Sometimes they look good there but not on your sims.
    5JZ57S6.png
    By roomies you mean Chris and Melissa from TS1? You could use those hair for them.

Hehe, I meant Roomies from TS2. As for them it would be cool to place them, but only idea I have know are Kim Kent, Liam O'Dourke and Piper Hipp :smile:

I look forward to you placing them.

Yeah, I recently placed Kate Pistachio as playable character in my game. She is main reason Thorton was forced to dumped Morgana and kids, coz she wants to be his girlfriend :) and not on and off affair with Jamie, of which Morgana knew her whole marriege. Actually the main reason they divorced they just dont match, and I waited to Morgana have at least 5 kids with him to peacefully start a household on her own.

As for hair I do like Morgana's very much

Screenshot-483.jpg

Screenshot-489.jpg
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @elanorbreton Yes, I love that fairylike hairstyle as well <3 So glad I found a replacement without the flowers.

I've always found judging hairstyles in the Store very hard by the way. Sometimes they look good there but not on your sims.

Your absolutely right :smile:

There is'nt a Roomies Household in TS2, but a Singles household. What sim does those hairstyles remind you of?
    Sims 1: Chris Roomies (Jones - possible daughter of the Riverwiew Joneses), and Melissa Roomies (Smith).
    Sims 2: Erin Singles (Beaker - also in Aurora Skies), Kristen Singles (Loste), Chloe Singles (Curious - her family tree ancestors are in Twinbrook), Lola Singles (Curious - Chloe's twin sister)
    Sims 3: Stiles McGraw, Tamara Donner, Emma Hatch, Cycl0n3 Sw0rd, and Blair Wainwright. You already have them as well as Blair's parents.
    Sims 4: Zoe Patel, J(ameson) Worthington III, Mitchell Kalani, Gavin Mitchell (Sorry if I said their names wrong - you get the gist.)

Oh Im sorry, I meant TS3 hehe :-) but the hairstyle of Jolène Montaque but blond could fit TS1 Chris :smile: