Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think it would be great if they added dreaming like in sims 3

where you could pick something for them to dream about with the dream pod
I think that could be fun in sims 4
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes! Dreams and Nightmares, again best Add Favorites and Fears. to really make it enjoyable.

I loved that sims would toss and turn in their sleep, I mean it is possible to sleep still for 8 or so, hours.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    My sims dream as they sleep already....sometimes my sims will wake from a nightmare, although if I am not mistaken the kids do this rather than the adults.....could be wrong though
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    I like the idea. Sims could get different moodlets when they wake up which will affect them for few hours. And new interactions too like ask for comfort for the nightmare or talk about the dream maybe.
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    My kids often wake up scared, as if they have had a nightmare. I don't like it, it's sad :( This happens even with double beds for them and/or the Coolala light. I would like dreams as in Sims 3 Generations, where you can choose things for your kids and teenagers to dream about :)
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    My kids often wake up scared, as if they have had a nightmare. I don't like it, it's sad :( This happens even with double beds for them and/or the Coolala light. I would like dreams as in Sims 3 Generations, where you can choose things for your kids and teenagers to dream about :)

That always happens to me too! I play with my and my boyfriends simself as a family and even tho they always tuck her in and make sure there is no monster under the bed she always wake up in sweat. Only way for her to wake up normal if i pick me or my boyfriends sim and click on wake up interaction that's so sad.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Furkean wrote: »
    I like the idea. Sims could get different moodlets when they wake up which will affect them for few hours. And new interactions too like ask for comfort for the nightmare or talk about the dream maybe.

good idea that could add a lot to game play
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yes! Dreams and Nightmares, again best Add Favorites and Fears. to really make it enjoyable.

I loved that sims would toss and turn in their sleep, I mean it is possible to sleep still for 8 or so, hours.

I really like that to and favorites and fears really would add to in a lot of fun ways
    like if there favorite food is pancakes and they dream about they could have a wish to eat them when they wake up
    or if they have a bad dream about a robber they could wish to lock the doors or sleep with the lights on
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @Furkean, it's awful, isn't it :( I wonder if it's a bug? if it is, I hope it gets fixed in a patch soon.

@comicsforlife, we need robbers to be added back in for that ;) I'll admit, I just want them back so my Sims can beat them up!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

I really like that to and favorites and fears really would add to in a lot of fun ways
    like if there favorite food is pancakes and they dream about they could have a wish to eat them when they wake up
    or if they have a bad dream about a robber they could wish to lock the doors or sleep with the lights on

I just want to bring up, If this is decided added into the game.

do not make it so that "Dream of the Future" is inspirational/insightful.

this is just real talk, I go to sleep sometimes, and my mind races and starts thinking about the future, and this my friends is where it gets dark. I literally get anxiety and can't fall asleep.

So just keep that in mind, dreaming of things like Aspirations, Love, Family, relationships, Dream Houses, Careers, Skills, all of those things can be dreams and easily made into nightmares.

So Maybe if the Sim goes to bed feeling Confident/Inspired, then it will be a pleasant Dream, such that it could prolong, the emotion they went to sleep.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Wouldn't mind a select dream option. Wouldn't be too hard to implement, just thought bubbles popping up.
    Wouldn't mind a select dream option. Wouldn't be too hard to implement, just thought bubbles popping up.

yes I think would be easy to put in as well because they wouldn't have to make to it work with all there other animations like they would with lounge chairs
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I would like it if dreams were random. Nightmares, good dreams... everything. I also would love day dreaming!

Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

FloppyFish wrote: »
    I would like it if dreams were random. Nightmares, good dreams... everything. I also would love day dreaming!

I think it could be cool if we could pick them or let them be random
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Perhaps.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited August 2017
    Maybe you could pick about one of the thought bubbles they had today. If they thought about roses then they can dream about roses. But maybe needs could affect the outcome (happy dream,neutral, nightmare)
  • AngelSimmzAngelSimmz Posts: 41 Member
    I like this. I specifically used the dream bed in sims 3 for this reason.
    AngelSimmz wrote: »
    I like this. I specifically used the dream bed in sims 3 for this reason.

me to
    Maybe you could pick about one of the thought bubbles they had today. If they thought about roses then they can dream about roses. But maybe needs could affect the outcome (happy dream,neutral, nightmare)

I like that idea @gummybear0724
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Maybe they could actually show you the dream, not just including speech bubbles but like a little pop up video comes up showing the sims dream, like in harvest moon. Time could still be in sleep fast forward, but the video would be at normal speed. My character in harvest moon always used to dream of being chased by vegetables or something whilst he ran and cried loool I haven't played it in ages but my dude barely ever had happy dreams.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I don't know if it's parenthood alone or the overall game as I have had both together since almost the start of playing TS4, but my toddlers already have far too many nightmares waking the house ;) some pleasant dreams would be a nice change...

I like the random speech bubbles in conversations. For example yesterday one of my sim children was insulting her father and there was a speech bubble with an image of a crab. He got very angry after that. I can only assume he didn't like being called a crab...;)

I hadn't actually missed the dream bubbles, but it would be a cute add.

I just want to bring up, If this is decided added into the game.

do not make it so that "Dream of the Future" is inspirational/insightful.

this is just real talk, I go to sleep sometimes, and my mind races and starts thinking about the future, and this my friends is where it gets dark. I literally get anxiety and can't fall asleep.

So just keep that in mind, dreaming of things like Aspirations, Love, Family, relationships, Dream Houses, Careers, Skills, all of those things can be dreams and easily made into nightmares.

So Maybe if the Sim goes to bed feeling Confident/Inspired, then it will be a pleasant Dream, such that it could prolong, the emotion they went to sleep.

that sounds good to
    Furkean wrote: »

all you guys have such great ideas and so many things I never thought of I hope if they do this they see this thread
    there's a lot to think about here
    FloppyFish wrote: »

kids can day dream now @FloppyFish
  • knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    I think you should be able to actually visit your dream. Like you could make a dream lot and add all these crazy elements to it. You could put certain sims there and prerecord interactions going on there. You could woo hoo anyone and it would be a secret, unless they told someone about their dream, go to candy land, go to a nightmare world, or go to a really weird world or alien world. Or you could go to school and have a boring dream. Maybe you are failing a test or all your teeth fall out. Maybe you realize you are really late for some important event. Maybe someone is having a baby. Your pet is having babies. Your pet died. Basically just about anything that happens to your sim could happen. You can craft a dream for your sims to have and then hit play and they will dream that. They could be at work and all their clothing falls off. They could just dream they are fishing or doing a skill they like. They might even dream they read a book or did their homework. Then as they awaken they feel like doing it or even feel as if they had actually done it, gaining progress in that skill. I would like if they could fly around and other sims can't do it, so they stare, shout and point in amazement and awe. Flying dreams are the best. Sometimes I dream I am falling though. You would not always get to craft a dream, because that could be overpowered. Maybe once a week or randomly.
    I think you should be able to actually visit your dream. Like you could make a dream lot and add all these crazy elements to it. You could put certain sims there and prerecord interactions going on there. You could woo hoo anyone and it would be a secret, unless they told someone about their dream, go to candy land, go to a nightmare world, or go to a really weird world or alien world. Or you could go to school and have a boring dream. Maybe you are failing a test or all your teeth fall out. Maybe you realize you are really late for some important event. Maybe someone is having a baby. Your pet is having babies. Your pet died. Basically just about anything that happens to your sim could happen. You can craft a dream for your sims to have and then hit play and they will dream that. They could be at work and all their clothing falls off. They could just dream they are fishing or doing a skill they like. They might even dream they read a book or did their homework. Then as they awaken they feel like doing it or even feel as if they had actually done it, gaining progress in that skill. I would like if they could fly around and other sims can't do it, so they stare, shout and point in amazement and awe. Flying dreams are the best. Sometimes I dream I am falling though. You would not always get to craft a dream, because that could be overpowered. Maybe once a week or randomly.

nice one