Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For the love of god...STOP

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
STOP FIGHTING OVER THE FREAKIN TODDLER WHEN YOUR OWN NEEDS ARE LOW...And you know what frustrates me the most?!?! When you ask them to take care of the kid...THEY DON'T. Fix this already. Gets so annoying. It isn't a "Take-Care-Of-Your-Kid-4-Once-A-Thon"
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    And now I can't edit the thread cuz the site is bugged. Great

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I blame highchairs.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I blame highchairs.

I blame multi-tasking (Yes, I know you were sarcastic ;) )

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Highchairs are part of an aggressive form of single-minded rodent AI in TS4. Their aggression and hostility is matched by their cunning ability to look like a highchair.

The Whim system is part of the cunningly evil hierarchy.

The game clock is part of the cunningly evil hierarchy.

Group chat is part of the cunningly evil hierarchy.

Sim interactions as pre-empted events are part of the cunningly evil hierarchy. Hence the game clock.
  • Options
    SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    Oh the antics of Sims. This thread made me laugh a lot. Had to stifle a laugh while on break at work.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Something I've noticed is that toddler interactions seem to take priority over Sims trying to interact with them. For instance, if my toddler Sim is playing with a toy, my other Sims can't take care of them (and will actually cancel the interaction I've given them) unless the toddler has absolutely nothing on its queue. It's frustrating.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Something I've noticed is that toddler interactions seem to take priority over Sims trying to interact with them. For instance, if my toddler Sim is playing with a toy, my other Sims can't take care of them (and will actually cancel the interaction I've given them) unless the toddler has absolutely nothing on its queue. It's frustrating.

I have noticed this as well, how about when this happens, your sim that is in the middle of cooking something, stops dead in their tracks and just stand there doing nothing because the toddler that is upstairs in their bedroom decides they need to go downstairs to ask the sim that is cooking "what's that?" I get really angry with my game sometimes :s
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I blame idiot parenting.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I hate when both parents of a toddler go to try help a toddler so neither of them end up doing it. And then someone ends up peeing themselves.
  • Options
    Duke_DarkwoodDuke_Darkwood Posts: 59 Member
    If you're lucky, it's only the toddler that does.
  • Options
    Good job they don't have toddler weddings in this game.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I threw a birthday party for my toddler twins yesterday, but the mom was too busy playing pick up and put down with the one that she never go to blow out her candles. It was the last 30min of the party and all she could do was stand there frozen, pick up the kid, and put down the kid on the sofa. Thanks, mom.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    The worst thing about this toddler obsession is that parents will often just "watch" the kid. All the toddler's bars are green so i direct them to play with a toy and then send the parents to finally tend to their needs, but they will cancel my order and go stand next to their child and watch them play with that little kitten toy instead. What the plum? They will just drop whatever i told them to do and walk all the way from the other side of the house to watch their toddler with that awful grin on their face. I honestly can't wait to finally age up my little girl and she's certainly gonna be the last child of my current household because I'm sick of wasting the entire sim day on fighting with the high chair and sims picking up and putting down their kid for NO REASON. And that's with MCC altered game clock, my sim day lasts a little bit longer than programmed, i feel like whenever i play i spend like at least 20 minutes just cancelling the autonomous interactions with toddlers.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    The worst thing about this toddler obsession is that parents will often just "watch" the kid. All the toddler's bars are green so i direct them to play with a toy and then send the parents to finally tend to their needs, but they will cancel my order and go stand next to their child and watch them play with that little kitten toy instead. What the plum? They will just drop whatever i told them to do and walk all the way from the other side of the house to watch their toddler with that awful grin on their face. I honestly can't wait to finally age up my little girl and she's certainly gonna be the last child of my current household because I'm sick of wasting the entire sim day on fighting with the high chair and sims picking up and putting down their kid for NO REASON. And that's with MCC altered game clock, my sim day lasts a little bit longer than programmed, i feel like whenever i play i spend like at least 20 minutes just cancelling the autonomous interactions with toddlers.

Out of curiosity, what do you have the clock set at? I, too, have MCCC.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sims standing and waiting until another Sim (in this case toddlers) gets done with playing with an object is nothing new. It was that way since TS2 and seems it still works that way today. Did you expect the toddlers to stop playing with any object like blocks etc., when the parent came over to bug them yet again? It's been that way since 2004.

You had to cancel what the toddler was doing and then the parent could potty train, or feed or whatever. I guess we expected more, but honestly, as many times as the 'care givers' interrupt the toddler it's no wonder they don't put down a toy or block to be harrassed again.

Getting rid of the high chair solves just about everything. So, maybe they should tweak the obsession with high chairs.

And don't forget the TS2 teens who were obsessed with their brother or sister and 'helping with birthday'. It's old school gameplay in all these situations. Tell the toddler to stop so the parent can do whatever it is that needs to be done. That 'watching' is because they are waiting for the toddler to stop their own actions.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ThatAwkwardSimmerThatAwkwardSimmer Posts: 88 Member
    Makes me think of my toddler trying to wake up his father when he had very low energy. :#
    FlawlessFirstBernesemountaindog-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sims standing and waiting until another Sim (in this case toddlers) gets done with playing with an object is nothing new. It was that way since TS2 and seems it still works that way today. Did you expect the toddlers to stop playing with any object like blocks etc., when the parent came over to bug them yet again? It's been that way since 2004.

You had to cancel what the toddler was doing and then the parent could potty train, or feed or whatever. I guess we expected more, but honestly, as many times as the 'care givers' interrupt the toddler it's no wonder they don't put down a toy or block to be harrassed again.

Getting rid of the high chair solves just about everything. So, maybe they should tweak the obsession with high chairs.

And don't forget the TS2 teens who were obsessed with their brother or sister and 'helping with birthday'. It's old school gameplay in all these situations. Tell the toddler to stop so the parent can do whatever it is that needs to be done. That 'watching' is because they are waiting for the toddler to stop their own actions.

No...it was never this ridiculous. And you, yourself, even mentioned it was in 2004. You would think they would fix it 13 years later. What we got is the same issue...but worse

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    @Cinebar I know that sims are generally programmed that way. I don't mind it if they do that when their queue is empty, the issue is that sometimes they're doing something in the basement for example and they will randomly cancel their actions just to go 2 floors up to watch their playing toddler even though i didn't tell them to. Would be understandable if the toddler was somewhere near them but it's frustrating when it happens when both sims are separated by a floor or two and adult sim has to do all that walking. They should definitely alter the AI so sims are not obsessed with their children, in my opinion adult sims should only cancel my orders to interact with a toddler when the kid's needs are critically low. Something is definitely glitched in the game now and they just do it way too often.

@GalacticGal - I have it set at 36! That way the day's just enough for my family to skill up, complete all their daily tasks AND socialize&have fun without being overwhelmingly slow too.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    @agustd, Thank you! I'll give it a try. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I hope you're satisfied, found it through painful hours of restarting my game over and over so I'd be happy if another person benefited from that haha.
  • Options
    @Cinebar I know that sims are generally programmed that way. I don't mind it if they do that when their queue is empty, the issue is that sometimes they're doing something in the basement for example and they will randomly cancel their actions just to go 2 floors up to watch their playing toddler even though i didn't tell them to. Would be understandable if the toddler was somewhere near them but it's frustrating when it happens when both sims are separated by a floor or two and adult sim has to do all that walking. They should definitely alter the AI so sims are not obsessed with their children, in my opinion adult sims should only cancel my orders to interact with a toddler when the kid's needs are critically low. Something is definitely glitched in the game now and they just do it way too often.

@GalacticGal - I have it set at 36! That way the day's just enough for my family to skill up, complete all their daily tasks AND socialize&have fun without being overwhelmingly slow too.

Oh, I agree their(All Sims in TS4) AI overides our commands about 99% of time and I think that is where they need to fix the game. If you play a large household you notice it more, even if all adults, all your commands drop out of queue or you cancel them from doing something and they keep going. It's part of the problem which has spilled over with the obessed parent with toddlers and just part of a bigger problem and not necessarily strictly pertaining to toddler interactions. TS4 has a problem even without toddlers where Sims go stand and 'wait' inorder to interrupt something another Sim is doing. There are dozens of threads about it. It eases up sometimes, but as soon as another patch they are right back to dropping what you told them to do and back to running down another Sim four floors up even though the player cancels their action. It's just more noticable since it also affects what they do to drop things and go help toddlers, too. It's a symptom of a bigger problem in TS4. But honestly TS2 did that, too, but never this bad.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar Tell me about it! I'm currently playing a household of 7 sims. I raised the parents from the moment they were born and I loved them to bits, now I want to murder them because they just won't listen to me. The two teenagers are almost ready to age up and move out, so maybe after they do i'll finally get some enjoyment out of playing this family, lol. With the current state of things, big families are unplayable. I struggle even when the free will is off. The highchair is also glitched beyond words, parents keep putting their child there for no reason other than taking them out immediately right after.The game had issues with things like that before but i feel like toddlers caused the inner AI workings to go all over the place and devs are doing nothing to stop it.

I can't remember it happening in Sims 2 though, interesting. Maybe I should play today and see.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Cinebar Tell me about it! I'm currently playing a household of 7 sims. I raised the parents from the moment they were born and I loved them to bits, now I want to murder them because they just won't listen to me. The two teenagers are almost ready to age up and move out, so maybe after they do i'll finally get some enjoyment out of playing this family, lol. With the current state of things, big families are unplayable. I struggle even when the free will is off. The highchair is also glitched beyond words, parents keep putting their child there for no reason other than taking them out immediately right after.The game had issues with things like that before but i feel like toddlers caused the inner AI workings to go all over the place and devs are doing nothing to stop it.

I can't remember it happening in Sims 2 though, interesting. Maybe I should play today and see.

No, parents didn't ever keep picking up toddlers in TS2 to put them in highchairs, but teens were obsessed with going to the baby bed to get them out, help with birthday in the middle of the night or other times, and picking them up often. And I guess some have forgotten five or six Sims would try to go pick up toddler all at the same time, then they would all stand around 'waiting' until you figured out which one was the problem and cancel that action so the other one could get the toddler. But these Sims having to go check on toddler is a pain in rear I agree, but deleting high chair fixes a lot of it.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Havivng the adult sim listening to music while doing their task (if it's an option of course) helps a lot too. They were automatically switch to listening to the music when they're done. Eventually they cancel it to go check on the toddler but it gives you a bit of extra time to get back to them if your concentrating on other sims.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

No, parents didn't ever keep picking up toddlers in TS2 to put them in highchairs, but teens were obsessed with going to the baby bed to get them out, help with birthday in the middle of the night or other times, and picking them up often. And I guess some have forgotten five or six Sims would try to go pick up toddler all at the same time, then they would all stand around 'waiting' until you figured out which one was the problem and cancel that action so the other one could get the toddler. But these Sims having to go check on toddler is a pain in rear I agree, but deleting high chair fixes a lot of it.

Ok, i forgot about the toddler birthday nightmare. I feel like i was way more tolerant 10-15 years ago, haha. And definitely more patient. I know people tend to idealize older, now obsolete games but even with all its issues, Sims 2 never made me rage quit the game. And with Sims 3 I was in the minority who didn't struggle with all the (now legendary) bugs, save corruption, etc. So it really is the first time for me to feel so frustrated with this franchise. It's even worse that toddlers were so highly anticipated because now they seem to be the cause of another set of bugs that will one day be "legendary" .