Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if we don't get an EP next quarter?

Everyone acts like it is confirmed EP in the fall, but what if it takes longer for the next EP to come? I know it sounds unlikely, but..

WHAT IF
Mafia Stats
Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
Deaths: 8

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    Everyone acts like it is confirmed EP in the fall, but what if it takes longer for the next EP to come? I know it sounds unlikely, but..

WHAT IF

Then they will have missed the holiday shopping season and subjected their biggest paid release of the year to a harsher sales environment.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2017
    give my money to someone else :D
    no biggie
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I would be angry if that happened. Just imagine what the forum would be like xD it would be UTTER OUTRAGE
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    SugarshotzSugarshotz Posts: 35 Member
    I WOULD CRY
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Then we would have some other kind of content, which, depending on what it is, could be a good thing or not.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2017
    Xmas = A lot of money

Maxis won't miss the most important moment of the year, TS4 console is not enough.

"WHAT IF"

It will change nothing for me, I'm already happy and busy with the current 20 packs.

I think LATER means BETTER.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited August 2017
    I mean, we might not, but the earth might also be swallowed by a giant alien lizard that eats planets.

In all seriousness though, release date leaks are usually quite accurate. Plus, they've had an EP out in time for christmas for a few years now. If we don't get an EP, we'll probably get a GP with features that have proved popular by previous games. They want something for those christmas sales.
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    Stupid as it's their biggest money making period. My money will go to another game :/
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    That's not a what if that I'm worried about at all. If they didn't release an EP at all this year, that would spell some pretty major doom for this series.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I won't really be surprised tbh.

Based on the recent "EP" featuring cool backdrops, clothes and...Oh, yeah that's it, I rather resources go for more game packs because they really are great.
  • Options
    DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    I think people would lose interest.

I think we will get an EP based on the fact that it would be an abysmal business decision to not bring one out.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    It wouldn't happen. I mean like the one thing they actually confirmed was that we would get one EP per year. Still lame, but it's something
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    They confirmed that? They actually did? Source?
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    I know I'd be annoyed and upset and I feel I've waited long enough now. Pets is a big part of my Sims 3 game play and I really want them in Sims 4 as well.

But at the same time, it isn't EA that is hinting at Pets this year. It is the community taking anything that remotely hinting pets and spreading rumors that it is definitely coming this year. So it probably is better to have high hopes but be ready for a let down.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think EP will happen, but if it (somehow) didn't, I'd be annoyed save my money for something else.
    Post edited by FallenPrince on
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I highly doubt this would happen if so i recon the latest they would delay it to would be January. They have to have been working on it for at least a year now i recon so i doubt that will happen.
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I doubt they'll skip releasing an EP for the holiday season.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    No expansion pack, no monies ! ;)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    As stated by others, the information that has been leaked or mined has been accurate up to this point. I have no reason to believe that the current set pertaining to Pets is any different.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    EPs seem to have very low priority for TS4 because EA apparently prefers GPs instead. This has become more and more clear recently and the reason can only be that GPs now sell better than EPs because of their lower price.

EA generally prefers to only release SPs though but know that GPs or EPs are necessary too to keep people interested. But it could seem like EA now prefers to release 2 to 3 GPs each year and strongly considers to only release 4 SPs too and no EPs. But could 2 to 3 GPs each year not be satisfying too?
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I think that with the way things are going (1 EP each year), the devs will save some classic content for expansions such as Seasons, Pets and University and the rest will be made into GP's and SP's. So when TS4 is finished, we will have little epansion packs, but a lot of Stuff and Game packs. It is an odd change (maybe because I was so used to Expansions).
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I think that with the way things are going (1 EP each year), the devs will save some classic content for expansions such as Seasons, Pets and University and the rest will be made into GP's and SP's. So when TS4 is finished, we will have little epansion packs, but a lot of Stuff and Game packs. It is an odd change (maybe because I was so used to Expansions).

Which I'm actually ok with. I like the fact that packs are more focused so that if you don't want something in your game, you don't have to get it. I really wish they skipped the whole alien thing in GTW and just focused on retail and business ownership more. Both were lacking, imo. And I wanted the retail gameplay, but not the aliens.

And vampires is another example. In previous iterations they were lumped in with EPs, but got their own focus this time. Players who enjoy vampires were satiated sufficiently (ha!) while those who don't enjoy supernatural could skip it, which I did. It's the only pack I've done so, up to this point.

So I say more GPs please! The only EPs left that I want are Pets, Seasons and depending on how it's implemented, University. But Uni could easily be a GP. After that, more focused GP themes would do just fine.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

Which I'm actually ok with. I like the fact that packs are more focused so that if you don't want something in your game, you don't have to get it. I really wish they skipped the whole alien thing in GTW and just focused on retail and business ownership more. Both were lacking, imo. And I wanted the retail gameplay, but not the aliens.

And vampires is another example. In previous iterations they were lumped in with EPs, but got their own focus this time. Players who enjoy vampires were satiated sufficiently (ha!) while those who don't enjoy supernatural could skip it, which I did. It's the only pack I've done so, up to this point.

So I say more GPs please! The only EPs left that I want are Pets, Seasons and depending on how it's implemented, University. But Uni could easily be a GP. After that, more focused GP themes would do just fine.
    My guess would be that TS4 will get about 9 more SPs, 4 more GPs and at most 1 or 2 more EPs before its era is over and TS5 likely will be released (most likely in 2019).
  • Options
    What makes you think we will get TS5 in 2019? The developers have said Sims 4 is not going to have the same release pattern as previous games.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe there isn't an EP until Dec. Like GT came out in Dec. right? I won't be surprised but very bored if it's Pets.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.