Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading and Hygiene

ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 344 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 2
My elder sim is reading a romance book from the bookshelf and his hygiene just keeps going down more than usual it seems...I just keep thinking to myself is that romance book that dirty? :D:D:D

Anything strange/funny going on in your game today?

EDIT: It was actually a Scifi book I got confused...lol didn't know reading books did this.
Post edited by ArilyBoo on

Comments

• cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Wish I could say I played today and tell you an interesting tale, but I joined the world of working adults for the first time 2 months ago and as a result of no free time and perpetual exhaustion (its physical work) my sims time has been seriously lacking.

Do any other kinds of books do it, or just that one? How so is more than normal? My sims, like myself, seldom read :p
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 344 Member
    @cleo00 I found this on the wikia...I didn't even know this and I've been playing since release of the Base Game
    In FreeTime, six types of book are added for variety, and "Read..." replaces "Read a Book" in the pie menu. The types of book are Children, Mystery, Romance, Sci-Fi, Drama, and Cooking. This feature is carried forward into Apartment Life. Reading Cooking will increase Cuisine enthusiasm[1] while other books will increase Film and Literature enthusiasm. Each book has a unique cover. Reading a Sci-Fi book depletes a Sim's hygiene quickly, a Cuisine book depletes a Sim's hunger quickly, while a Romance book increases a Sim's social need.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @ArilyBoo the romance and cuisine make sense, but I wonder why hygiene for sci-fi :o
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Interesting, I don't think I knew that.
    cleo00 wrote: »
    @ArilyBoo the romance and cuisine make sense, but I wonder why hygiene for sci-fi :o

:D Maybe they are reliving the experience of being taken, or the fear it will happen. *cue X-Files music*
  • MidnightmoonliteMidnightmoonlite Posts: 27 Member
    something like that happened with my sim as well. His needs were full and all of sudden his hunger dropped quickly.. I can't remember what he was reading, maybe cooking.
  • MidnightmoonliteMidnightmoonlite Posts: 27 Member
    It might haven't been hunger, I just know it was one of his needs. It was odd lol
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »

I think it's because there are intense moments, and humans may sweat out of stress. That's the logical explanation I can find there...
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 344 Member
    That makes sense @EgonVM