Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Gallery being included in the console version concerns me (Gallery being worked on Confirmed)

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Isn't the library the same thing except you're not able to share and download stuff?

Not really, the library only holds what you decide to save. Things are not autosaved. The gallery is the share feature and where you can also search for builds from other users.
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    Im pretty sure the sims 3 console had that
  • DarthVader23DarthVader23 Posts: 2 New Member
    they should add it in the game where players can download houses
  • xox_Lyss_xoxxox_Lyss_xox Posts: 1 New Member
    I am actually incredibly disappointed that they didn’t include a gallery on the Sims 4 Xbox one edition. I really do hope they update it so that there will be a gallery on there.
  • ILuvBritneySpearsILuvBritneySpears Posts: 14 New Member
    We’re getting the gallery in an update by New Years I think
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    We’re getting the gallery in an update by New Years I think

Where'd you hear that?
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I don't mind the gallery as long as custom content can't be downloaded to the PS4.
    Wouldn't want to add more issues to my game.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    I wish they would add it and I'm horrible at building
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The issue, I think, is that a console gallery would need to be separate from the PC gallery. Especially since mods and custom content are not available for console. Also, for some reason the gallery sometimes sees and markd the moveobjects cheat as custom content. No online gallery was just another nail in the coffin for me and besides the wonky controls, reason enough for my daughter to return the game. My daughter hated I refused to build for her on the console and I couldn't just build on PC for her to download to console.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »
    I don't mind the gallery as long as custom content can't be downloaded to the PS4.
    Wouldn't want to add more issues to my game.

but if you don't want custom content. its quite simple. don't download it. if you ever get the option mind :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    edited February 2018
    I really do wish they'd added it also, it takes a lot of time to build and, I really would love to be able to fill in Newcrest.
    [
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Gallery is also good for backing up you're sims,lots etc so if you're console breaks,game corrupts or you're console is stolen.

They could then be redownloaded.
  • Johnvincent1229Johnvincent1229 Posts: 24 Member
    I think if they made a gallery on console we could only download peoples creation who plays on console, not the pc gallery
    I think if they made a gallery on console we could only download peoples creation who plays on console, not the pc gallery

maybe or maybe not.
    however some form would be better than none at all!

• rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    I’m ready for a gallery more than I’m ready for an new so or gp. I’ve seen so many wonderful creations on console that i would love in my game...
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I would love to have a gallery that was combined with Xbox One users and PS4 users for things to add in your neighborhoods.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    I’m ready for a gallery more than I’m ready for an new so or gp. I’ve seen so many wonderful creations on console that i would love in my game...

i miss others lots and rooms :'(
    oh well. hopefully they will figure this out soon.
    I would happily join you if they did.
    i miss it more than any pack. i never came online much for the sims 2 but still enjoyed playing, but missed out on uploading things then. ever since even tho i can play quite happily building for myself, it just not the same after being able to do so in TS3/TS4 PC

• rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    rekandtrs wrote: »

i miss others lots and rooms :'(
    oh well. hopefully they will figure this out soon.
    I would happily join you if they did.
    i miss it more than any pack. i never came online much for the sims 2 but still enjoyed playing, but missed out on uploading things then. ever since even tho i can play quite happily building for myself, it just not the same after being able to do so in TS3/TS4 PC

Same here! It’s what i miss the most playing on console now. I really want a Gallery. Like i really hope EA is working on that. I don’t see how complicated it could be since we don’t have cc or a fire meter. I pretty much just want to download homes and different unique sims again to populate my town. Sims on console would feel complete with a gallery...
    I would mainly use it for downloading sims whose faces don't look like an octopus (unlike the ones I make). :#
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    The issue, I think, is that a console gallery would need to be separate from the PC gallery. Especially since mods and custom content are not available for console. Also, for some reason the gallery sometimes sees and markd the moveobjects cheat as custom content. No online gallery was just another nail in the coffin for me and besides the wonky controls, reason enough for my daughter to return the game. My daughter hated I refused to build for her on the console and I couldn't just build on PC for her to download to console.

Yea I think they would need to run it seperate to the pc gallery on a different server (I assume the gallery runs from servers) and maybe they don't have capacity for that atm. I personally don't ever think we will get a gallery for the console version or mod support.

Yea I think they would need to run it seperate to the pc gallery on a different server (I assume the gallery runs from servers) and maybe they don't have capacity for that atm. I personally don't ever think we will get a gallery for the console version or mod support.

I've been thinking the same thing. 4 months now and still no gallery.

• Samijane22Samijane22 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would really like to see the gallery option become available on the console version! It’s very disappointing that it doesn’t already. Or at the least have something similar.
    Maybe we should start a new thread: "Petition to have the gallery on consoles"? If a lot of people ask for it, they might consider it.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »
    Maybe we should start a new thread: "Petition to have the gallery on consoles"? If a lot of people ask for it, they might consider it.

What if they've started working on it? Everybody asks for a gallery, and hopefully they're trying to make one. Just a thought.