Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Assigned Employees

GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
Okay, so I set up a small family run market with my farming family. They run the market, no employees - keeps costs down as well. Well, I'm playing another family - a single sim - and I sent her to the market to buy some things. When she arrived on the lot, lo and behold, the game assigned three sims to work as employees for my farming family.

Has this happened to anyone else? Why did the game do this? Will it take wages out of what my sims have earned from their market to pay said illegal employees? And my final question, when I fire them ('cause I am), will the game reassign new ones to the business?

This really s.u.c.k.s. and I don't like this. :(
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    (I haven't yet got round to running a business so I'm not sure but) is there a way to mark family members as employees? I hope you find a way around this :(
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    This is normal, when I og back to the families that originally owns the store they normaly goes in plus or nothing.
    when you Return to the first Family I am sure that they won't have any emplyees.
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited August 2017
    They won't have any employees when you return to them and no money will be docked from your store and nothing else will have occurred to effect the progress of your store in terms of perks and stuff. The game just spawns random employees to run your store when you're not physically on the lot opening it yourself. I believe the same thing happens with restaurants but I've never had one family own a restaurant and then sent a different family there.

It's unfortunately the way the game is coded to work and I don't think there's anything that can be done to change it to your actual family working when you go to the store with a different family.
    ~ ~ ~
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2017
    Yeah even if you, have Employees enlisted in your store/resturant, the game would still choose some random townies, instead of summoning the sims you've hired as Manager.

It's so annoying, even if the game generates new townies, instead of pulling random NPCs.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    It's been a while since I played a business, so this may no longer apply with the newer patches, but in my case the game didn't even have the decency to spawn new sims or grab townies as fake employees. Instead it grabbed my own played sims that were unemployed. So what happened were world-renowned Professor Bellamy and starlet Julie Weaver manning the cash register in a garden furniture store :s
    Nowadays I protect them with a self-employed mod.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Thanks guys, your answers make me feel 1,000 times better. I just can't believe the game was coded in such a way. Oh well. I'm on the hunt for some mods. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!