Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help, my baby is invisible!

xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
Back again with yet another issue *sigh*. I've been playing on rotation in Belladonna Cove. A sim I made had a fling with Peter Ottomas so I decided to move their family out of the bin and into a home. Samantha has her twins and everything seems okay...until one of them goes completely invisible! I can see a green stink cloud coming from where the baby should be but I cannot click on her to interact, so testingcheats isn't working to reset the baby either. Removing all mods did nothing to solve this. Hope someone has some advice.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Is the infant's portrait changing colors like their mood is getting worse or is it static?

Have you tried moving them to a new house (house can be empty lot for this purpose)?

Have you had any of the other signs of corruption: inappropriate wants, speech bubbles with squiggly lines through them, acting scared at inanimate objects, anything that you can't explain, etc?

I had this happen in a neighborhood where I had done things to corrupt the neighborhood and I had other signs of corruption - acting scared at inanimate objects (in this case a microwave). I was not able to find a solution short of manually recreating the neighborhood and it happened to two adults in the same house.

Given that all of the premade neighborhoods ship corrupted and Belladonna Cove I think seems to be worse than the others for issues, it could be that corruption has just shown itself a lot sooner than it typically does. And it would probably be best to just restart the neighborhood unless you've played for a while and/or are really attached to them.

Which is the problem with neighborhood corruption. It's a time bomb, but you don't know what the timer is. It can take 3 years of solid play for it to affect you one time and then the next time it barely goes a few Sim weeks. Or to the rare person, never happens before they get bored of the neighborhood.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    @Seera1024 I don't think the mood is static, the portrait of the baby is in the yellow because it has a dirty diaper. Then again as soon as the baby went invisible I saved and quit to try and see if I could fix the issue so I actually haven't made any progression while the baby has been invisible.

Well that really plum. There's no way to avoid corruption? I literally just started this rotation, have only played two other families before that. I haven't had any other signs of corruption. Ugh I'd hate to start over again, seems pointless to play if you constantly have to start over :(

I'll try moving them to another house to see if it fixes it.
    Not without finding clean templates. Or at least that helps remove as much corruption as possible from the pre-made neighborhoods.

Is her mood going red due to possible hunger, energy, or social going low?
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere you're not supposed to let Samatha have her babies as it pretty much corrupts the game right then and there, as why I have never played them. Perhaps someone who knows more can elaborate.
    @Seera1024 Clean templates? Not sure what that is. As I said before the baby's portrait is in the yellow, but as as soon as she went invisible I quit the game to try to fix it and have not played any more aside from seeing if the baby reappears.

@cleo00 Yeah, I read something like that too but then I had also read somewhere that they had patched that so I'm not sure.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    This doesn't sound like a corruption issue, necessarily, this sounds like it's possibly bad CC or the baby getting glitched under some furniture. Can your sims still interact with the baby? Click on the changing table, select "change [baby]'s diaper" and if they stamp and wave their arms it means they can't access the baby. If they successfully go over to a crib, pick up an invisible baby, and change the diaper, you have a graphics glitch. Often you can reset these by forcing an appearance change - taking a shower or setting a new outfit for the baby. Actually, if it's a graphics glitch, my guess is that you've downloaded baby clothes and not enabled them right, or you have a bad geneticized skin that the kid inherited. But if you don't have CC at all, it could still be a graphics glitch, just not one that you can resolve by taking the culprit out of your downloads folder.

This glitch can probably be reset in debug mode (Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) by clicking on the invisible baby and clicking "reset." Other options are the batbox's "regenerate portraiture" and "Nuke stuck special effects."

That said - Samantha Ottomas' pregnancy should not be played out in an unpatched game. If you have UC, it might be properly patched, but to be safe I would have used a mod, such as the sim blender to terminate the pregnancy and started fresh.

Good luck.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    @Scribal_Goddess Invisible Sims that you can't do anything with or interact with is a sign of corruption. Its just not the typical first sign.

And UC is patched so the Ottomas pregnancy is fine to bring to term.
    @Seera1024 Well I found a site that hosts all the cleaned up neighborhoods so I'm going to download and install all of those along with some mods to help stop corruption and the hood checker. Hopefully this will help and I won't screw it up.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess Invisible Sims that you can't do anything with or interact with is a sign of corruption. Its just not the typical first sign.

And UC is patched so the Ottomas pregnancy is fine to bring to term.

Yes, if you can't interact I'd worry, but I have had enough sims go partially invisible (body or head) due to bad meshes that my first instinct was to test, rather than to panic, especially as OP wasn't having other problems that they'd noticed. I've also had babies glitch into weird spots when using CC cribs.
    @Scribal_Goddess Yeah but I had already said in my very first post that it wasn't a CC or mod problem because I already tested that.
    @Scribal_Goddess Yeah but I had already said in my very first post that it wasn't a CC or mod problem because I already tested that.

I've also had benign jump glitches and invisibility glitches in games with no mods or CC, usually due to laptop overheating, but like I said, test first, panic later. It's more common with CC not showing up correctly, but sometimes bad texture referencing is unavoidable. Anyway, I hope you figure out the source of your baby invisibility, and if you need any more advice for things to potentially use to test it to determine whether it's corruption (or if the lot is glitched, etc.) let me know. I have a lot more experience troubleshooting other types of potential corruption, such as sims with memories they shouldn't have, etc, because in the past that's always how my neighborhoods have melted down.

I've also had benign jump glitches and invisibility glitches in games with no mods or CC, usually due to laptop overheating, but like I said, test first, panic later. It's more common with CC not showing up correctly, but sometimes bad texture referencing is unavoidable. Anyway, I hope you figure out the source of your baby invisibility, and if you need any more advice for things to potentially use to test it to determine whether it's corruption (or if the lot is glitched, etc.) let me know. I have a lot more experience troubleshooting other types of potential corruption, such as sims with memories they shouldn't have, etc, because in the past that's always how my neighborhoods have melted down.

@Scribal_Goddess Thank you but I ended up just starting over completely with clean neighborhood templates. I might just leave the Ottomas family alone this time lol. Thanks for your help though.