Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STAIRS, STAIRS, STAIRS!

Comments

• CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    All the stairs, all the time, is what I say. Our Sim homes are sorely lacking in this department, and it would be excellent for us to be able to have more stairway options.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Yea! I completely agree with this. Spiral stairs would help so much with some of the smaller two-story builds, and the others would just look really nice and give us some variety.
  • SkyleiSkylei Posts: 33 Member
    YES I really need my ladders, especially since I'm addicted to making ultra small and compact houses. Making lofts have been a nightmare because of how much space stairs take.
  • TazzykikiTazzykiki Posts: 751 Member
    I love this! I recently built a Lighthouse home and realized even more that we need at the very least, spiral stairs. I would also love an option to put runners on the stairs for a better, fancier, look or maybe carpeted stairs. This would work very well as a free update to the base game as it wouldn't make sense to make a pack revolving around stairs.
    And imagine the interactions that could be implemented! Toddlers and children can slide down the stairs on their bums while teens, ya, and adults can slide down the banisters. I've never played a clumsy sim so I don't know if they can trip on stairs or not, but if they can't it'd be nice if they could/
    I never realized until I read this post on how limited builders are in game play. We can't create dome houses for caves and such, no glass roofs to look at the sky, no indoor balconies(well from what I know, I tried making one and it failed horribly), and for the basic stairs we can't put small rooms in them.It'd also be nice for the ladder bit, for climbing up walls, into attics and into basements.
    KnhUVzT.png

• zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    There are many, many features currently lacking in build mode that I'd like the devs to incorporate but the main one is STAIRS. It's extremely limiting - for space sake - to have only one type of stairs.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2017
    I was looking at a "Home Design" app for the Kindle Fire, it had a free version, a no ads version for $3, and a full-featured version (all furnishings unlocked and saves allowed) for $20. Each game so far in the Sims series has more furniture available than even the full-featured version (the free version showed lock icons on full-feature only furnishings), but unlike the Sims, which we spend so much more on, the app DID have L-shaped stairs and spiral stairs in it. There were also more types of windows (like the kind that slide open), and even sliding doors (not animated though). Also, furniture was to real-life scale, as compared to the Sims grid scale.

This app is not to be confused with the home design game that I downloaded on my Kindle, and played with for about one minute before getting bored with the limited pastel options and the permanent pastel walls, layout, and floors that could not be changed - that one was designed for 4 to 8 year olds. (In fact, 8 might be pushing it, probably 7 year olds.) I'll probably be deleting that one, since I am about 40 years older than the intended audience. (This sort of reminds me of the time I let an 8 year old play my Sims 1 game - but only in build/buy mode. She had a blast.)

Idea: Generally branded content can be annoying, but it might be a possibility here: What if EA were to partner with a home improvement store, such as ACE, or Lowes, or Home Depot, just to name a few? They could do a whole stuff pack easily this way (ie Home Improvement Stuff), hopefully with twice the content - maybe even a game pack.

A lot of Simmers are very into Sim builds and interior design. An interest in interior design isn't something you just grow out of necessarily, either (as browsing through any number of women's' magazines will show you). Likewise with interests in fashion. Since celebrities are usually trendsetters in fashion, a lot of celebrities may be featured in fashion magazines, especially regarding a red-carpet event. On the other hand, celebrity drama is something that HAS grown old for me. Life has enough drama as it is, and some problems just cannot be solved by say, fighting a dragon with a sword (too bad).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I love the idea different styles stair cases, but I would like to see those ladders that they had on the houseboats. they were handy in tight places.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I would love all these stairs.
  • ImmortalSirenImmortalSiren Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree! So much :'( :'( We need more stairs! The current ones are not exactly very pretty, they take up a lot of space and there's barely and customizing options....
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    Yes, please! Yes to all of them!
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    We need as many different styles of staircase as possible! EA gave us tools to expand our ability to build so give us more options when it comes to basic necessities as well. I loved the spiral stairs from sims 3 and if My sims needed space I could always nestle it at the far area of the house in lil nooks for the most room anywhere else. We need this and it’s sad we have to fight to get it, but hey ho. Love this and I love your images!
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes, yes, a zillion times YES!! Straight stairs are fine for some builds, but if you're building a glorious mansion, or a traditional American suburban home, or a modern-style industrial loft...well, only having straight stairs really hobbles you, to say the least. We have tons of palate-swaps for the straight stairs...but at the end of the day, they're still plain old straight stairs.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    More stair types are definitely needed. I really want the ladder because I wanted to make an attic in one of my sims house but then the stairs we had now were too big
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • bamani71bamani71 Posts: 7 New Member
    It's frustrating how if you want to build higher walls the stairs currently take up so much space. A spiral would be a nice 2x2 block and that's it!
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    It could be awsome to have all this types of stairs but i really want the spiral one!!!
  • notmothergothelnotmothergothel Posts: 42 Member
    We NEED all the stairs
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

HAHAHA, that's all I want honestly. Forget everything else I've mentioned!
    We're actually half way, because soon we'll be having dogs to stand in the way like that jk.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Any stairs would be better than what we currently have. Stairs are important for adding character to your house! We need more Stairs!!
  • larley95larley95 Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently sent a message via messenger to their Facebook page asking for developers to consider adding different stairs and they didn’t even respond! I have played TS since the first game and now at TS4 I feel like we’ve done a 180 and gone back in time with the stuff we CANT do or DONT have!
    I want more! If they can make things as complicated as Pets who need animation for moving around the map, surely they can make stairs that are stationary objects?!?!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2018
    I just want to point out that as mad as I am at EA right now, and as much as I want most of these stairs, many will need new animations and coding and will probably need to be a free patch, so while some of them should come, they'll come at EA's leisure.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ChocolatSantaChocolatSanta Posts: 13 New Member
    Yesss, and elevators in homes!
    Please make it happen.
  • Manna1607Manna1607 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes please more stair options. I love u-shape, L-shape, T-shape. Basically I want to be able to create an awesome grand entrance.
  • pinkowlmoon55pinkowlmoon55 Posts: 3 New Member
    I totally agree, I am half build half gameplay, but I definitely agree that we need more stairs, I can't build my house cauae my house has really weird shaped stairs Aah!
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    YES. I recently built a set of chess rook (castle) shaped houses and couldn't fully utilize the top floors because the middle floors are to narrow.
    All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
    fN2f7ds.png