Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion pack should I get?

Am looking to get a new expansion pack but don't which one to get. I have late night and show time, which I enjoy so was wondering which ones other players would suggest.

Comments

• Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Seasons, World Adventures, or Ambitions. Preferably all three of them! The professions from ambitions are really great. I'm playing a sim now that is a private investigator and am having a ton of fun with it. The tombs you can explore in World Adventures are also a lot of fun and it just feels great that your sims can have a different area to go to and relax for a bit, meeting new people etc, without having to move town. Seasons just makes your game look a lot more real and for me the festivals are my go to place if I want sims to go on a date. One bad thing about Seasons is that it does use a lot of computer juice to run, so I wouldn't recommend it if you for example already have some lag issues with your game right now.
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Thanks for your suggestions Namaya92. :)
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I haven't played Sims 3 for a long while now but Island Paradise was always my favourite. (from memory) I loved the world and the house boats, you can go diving in the ocean and run resorts, I just loved everything about that EP. But then it depends what kind of gameplay interests you :blush:

Seasons was also a really good one, it's strange how much weather added to the game for me :smile:
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would try to search out and buy all of them on Amazon on new disk copies if the computer can handle it and you've already started with disks and have a pre-go social base game.That would help with avoiding the 169 Plague and you can still replace digital copies with used disks for the ones you own as digital.I'm on the 167 patch and have to use a game selector if I want to disable some of them and it's a great way to set up custom worlds with saves.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Island Paradise requires a lot of "fixing" before you can play it. If you are not up to the challenge and want something more plug and play try Ambitions, Generations, World Adventures or Supernatural. All are great. You will have fun with whatever you choose next.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I haven't tried all the EPs yet but so far my favourite would be World Adventures. Although I don't actually care for the travel component of the EP, I love the other things that it brings to the game, like martial arts and nectar making.

I am sure you would have fun with whatever you choose as long as your computer is able to handle it. Good luck deciding and happy simming :)
  • FunkycormFunkycorm Posts: 50 Member
    Seasons is a definite must have. That alone makes the game realistic for me. I would also choose University life for the added game play of being at college.
    Thanks to everyone for your advice. :)
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Ambitions + Supernatural are two really good ones. I feel like they add a lot. It's cool being able to actually solve cases with ambitions. Also if you enjoy the vampire side of Late Night, with Supernatural you can actually create them as well as a whole host of other supernatural beings. I especially enjoy the fairies. Of course, with Supernatural comes zombies. But I got a mod to turn them off, honestly. I feel like the other additions to the gameplay are enough, personally.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    > @Bessieboo said:
    > Am looking to get a new expansion pack but don't which one to get. I have late night and show time, which I enjoy so was wondering which ones other players would suggest.

Seasons or University
    Oh hamburgers!
  • eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    Ambitions! Added different jobs that you can follow and control them when sims are working!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Posting to get that ridiculous years old how to kill pets thread off the main topic page. :rage:

@Bessieboo So what did you get?
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Posting to get that ridiculous years old how to kill pets thread off the main topic page. :rage:

@Bessieboo So what did you get?

Have not got it yet as my origin account was hacked and havnt managed to sort it out.
  • ktorres08ktorres08 Posts: 14 New Member
    Seasons is definitely a must! It adds new challenges and fun things to do and makes the world seem more realistic.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    Supernatural, World Adventures and Island Paradise are must have.