Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY

I have the no vampire mod and Val was just able to enter my sims house. I exited the game w/o saving for safety for my 2 female sims. Why didn't it work?

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Maybe because Vlad is so powerful? I had the same thing happen -- fortunately he just seemed interested in my head of household, not his roommate or roommate's teen daughter. That's why I want an on-off switch for vampires.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Maybe because Vlad is so powerful? I had the same thing happen -- fortunately he just seemed interested in my head of household, not his roommate or roommate's teen daughter. That's why I want an on-off switch for vampires.

Well the MOD is supposed to be the OFF switch for ALL vampires - Guess NOT
  • Options
    cejaceja Posts: 33 Member
    I am not sure which mod you are using but the one I use specifically says on the site

"This mod will not get rid of the gameplay pack tutorial, which will start with any sim played after the pack was installed. That means if you play a family for a long time and install the Vampires GP the tutorial will be triggered with or without this mod. That means you will get messages from Vlad and he will come one night to bite your sim! This is part of the vampire tutorial, so far I wasn't able to find out how to stop it completely, so this mod gets rid of the walkbys!"

So I believe you can remove Vlad from your game and your sims' neck will once again be safe.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Wait a minute!

Do all Vampires have vampire teeth - ie the pointy ones?

What happens if we change their teeth to normal ones? Surely they cannot suck blood with normal teeth?
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Why do people even buy the pack lol :pensive:

Worrying about them getting into a house or about the teeth an using them
    :#

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    ceja wrote: »
    I am not sure which mod you are using but the one I use specifically says on the site

"This mod will not get rid of the gameplay pack tutorial, which will start with any sim played after the pack was installed. That means if you play a family for a long time and install the Vampires GP the tutorial will be triggered with or without this mod. That means you will get messages from Vlad and he will come one night to bite your sim! This is part of the vampire tutorial, so far I wasn't able to find out how to stop it completely, so this mod gets rid of the walkbys!"

So I believe you can remove Vlad from your game and your sims' neck will once again be safe.

How do you remove Vlad from the game?
  • Options
    I got a mod from twisted Mexican that toggles vampires off or on. Works great.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Well I bought it for the neighborhood & other content. Even those who do like vampires may not want them in every save.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

Well I bought it for the neighborhood & other content. Even those who do like vampires may not want them in every save.

This. I want vampires in some saves, but not in others and I certainly want a way to keep them from munching on my Sims in the middle of the night. Fortunately my Sim had a couple of days off from work so I just had to put up with that Uncomfortable moodlet (and ended up deleting that family to go in a different direction).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)