The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't you miss picnic baskets?

I mean how many of you guys remember those baskets which we could take everywhere and have picnic whenever/wherever. Well, I do so much! It would be awesome to have them back what do you think?

sims-3-cok-oynanan-oyun-durmaplay.jpg

Comments

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I miss them dearly and it doesn't help that the scenery in the worlds make for perfect picnic spots
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    edited August 2017
    Furkean wrote: »
    I mean how many of you guys remember those baskets which we could take everywhere and have picnic whenever/wherever. Well, I do so much! It would be awesome to have them back what do you think?

sims-3-cok-oynanan-oyun-durmaplay.jpg

Yes that's one of the objects I've been requesting. Graham said they can't bring them back in a stuffpack so that leaves it to a gamepack or expansion. If you want this back I suggest tweeting to @SimGuruNinja and @SimGuruRomeo. I've tweeted about adding this to both but me alone isn't going to get it to return. Numbers talk.

I want them to add relax,cuddle,kiss and makeout interactions to it. Basically they could recycle the sofa interactions.
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    Idk if it's a thing somewhere another but there are picnic areas in Turkey for those who want to have a great time with their family or friends. Maybe the gurus can add it as new venue and picnic baskets as a gameplay for a stuff pack?
    Furkean wrote: »
    Idk if it's a thing somewhere another but there are picnic areas in Turkey for those who want to have a great time with their family or friends. Maybe the gurus can add it as new venue and picnic baskets as a gameplay for a stuff pack?

Graham said they couldn't add picnic baskets in a stuffpack. He said they tried to add them to romantic garden but the way he talked they couldn't get them to work. A gamepack however probably could.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited August 2017
    I would love for my sims to have family picnics. Also romantic picnics would be cute. I imagine this time around they'd make the picnic basket more customizable by letting us pack whatever we want. So for a romantic picnic sims could pack some nectar and sip on it while they sit on their blanket and flirt. I also think we'd be able to use the picnic basket either on the ground or on a park bench. :)
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2017
    And a BBQ like this one would be awesome too;

JlJlPq.jpg
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Yeeeeeees!!
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member

SimguruGraham said this about picnics today :#
    Xoxk9 wrote: »

SimguruGraham said this about picnics today :#

Maybe they will put it in the Pets Expansion but more likely it will come in a Gamepack.

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2017
    I want picnic baskets so badly. I would especially love it if varied uses could be designated. For example "Family Outing" or "Date" designations could be chosen when clicking the object. For dates, other Sims who are NOT on the date would automatically be blocked and cannot partake -- something like claiming a table in Dine Out.

Scram, ya freeloaders!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    I would love picnic baskets back! Maybe there could be ones you can buy with preset foods and empty ones your sims could fill there selves!
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    I need them!
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    I really do miss picnic baskets. My little gothic family (they were like the Addams Family) would always have picnics in the cemetery. I recreated them in TS4 and would like to do that again.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Having a picnic whilst your dog steals the sausage rolls...
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Isn't a picnic basket just a cooler?
    And picnic blankets are just rugs.

The only thing that a picnic really requires is the ability to sit on a rug and eat.

And even then, the ground is uncomfortable (granted, that's a good opportunity for a moodlet). Every picnic I've ever had, we've sat at picnic tables (which exist in the game) and eaten there.
    wJbomAo.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    1 use i would see with picnic basket is dog eating the lunch put in the picnic basket or the cat taking a cat nap inside lol
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimsPlayer1196SimsPlayer1196 Posts: 50 Member
    They should also add a feature where if you leave your basket sitting out too long your food gets infested with ants
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I would love for my sims to have family picnics. Also romantic picnics would be cute. I imagine this time around they'd make the picnic basket more customizable by letting us pack whatever we want. So for a romantic picnic sims could pack some nectar and sip on it while they sit on their blanket and flirt. I also think we'd be able to use the picnic basket either on the ground or on a park bench. :)

THIS! This would be awesome, kind of like a much bigger sacked lunch but with different animations of opening and closing the basket, maybe even using the basket as a small table to serve the food from, picnic baskets would be such a fun social activity, go out and eat somewhere with the classiness of the basket.

Someone mentioned we already have ways of having picnics by grilling some food then eating it at a public bench or something, ya that's an option, but there's nothing like the good ol' classic picnic on the ground.