Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member

Username: Mmdrgntobldrgn (aka Mama Dragon)

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Mmdrgntobldrgn

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: None

I own the following Store Content: None installed at this time ... well next to none, but safer to go with none, if some slips in by accident I'll re - add it to the game.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: (Please note that others might not feel comfortable using a custom world so it would be beneficial to provide your Buddy with a list of only those made by EA) None installed at this time ... well next to none, Riverview, Lucky Palms, and Dragon Valley

Some of my favorite colors are: Natural earth tones, but not beige; hot pink; black; grey/gray

I really don’t like this color: Pastel/Baby anything

I love to use items from this set: currently no favorite sets

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: currently no preferred ea world (I tend to play Rflong's worlds more these days.)

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Example: Victorian) Victorian - especially some of the simpler farms & cottages, ancient, mid-century moderns, turn of the century (1900s), simple starters & shells

I really don’t want this in my game: Moderns

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention that too!) Assorted sizes welcome

I want/don’t want berry sims: Love Rainbow sims ... as my studio will attest to ;)

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) Don't mind them one way or the other, I've played almost all life states, so long as they Don't glitter

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Like bundles of cute puppies over horses? Don’t want any of them? Mention it!) No pet's please, I don't know if hubby's pc can handle them.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) Surprise me

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the waffles and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) No preference

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skills would be awe-sim!) No preference

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) Playing both a randomcy spliced with the nothings free challenge & an apocalypse challenge (separate files) at the moment.

This text is to certify that I have read the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome back @MoonandStars83 / CottonCandyFaery :)
    No need to apologize for having beginner skills (or thinking you do!) because we've all been in the same spot. After Buddies are revealed feel free to PM and bounce around ideas etc. Helping make this a fun exchange for all is what I'm here for! I'm pretty sure @aricarai would say something similar but better worded.
    Welcome back @Mmdrgntobldrgn :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Username: ciane

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ciane

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: all

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: all

I own the following Store Content: all but single CAS items and some bonus stuff.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: all

Some of my favorite colors are: blues, blue greens, blue purples, crème, white 

I really don’t like this color: I like all colors in the right setting and amount.

I love to use items from this set: Bauhaus windows and mid-century kitchen and bath stuff.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I love to play in SV and RV because everyone has those.

I enjoy this style of build the most: Modern Contemporary.

I really don’t want this in my game: A huge house or a large family.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I prefer the smaller lots. I don’t like the large lots.

I want/don’t want berry sims: No, thank you. I play pretty much the Sim next door kind of thing.

I want/don’t want occult sims: One occult Sim is okay, but I’m really not a fan of vampires. Genies are my favorite.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: One cat or dog is fine.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Yes, some skills would be great, but not a lot or it won’t be much fun for me to play them.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Cooking and handiness are nice generic traits starting out. Athletic and charisma are great to have a point in as well.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? A mirror, a bookcase, and a kicky bag or a stereo are my general must-haves.

Other: I love to start a Sim in a starter lot and add on a bit as the Sim makes money, so keeping things simple is great for me.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Fabulous to see more people join the fun! <3
    Welcome back @ciane :)
    Sorry, I missed your birthday Tanu. (We were on the road all day yesterday and didn't get home until after 11 p.m. last night.) I hope you had a great day and look forward to an awesome year ahead.

I did quickly scan through the whole text and all the comments here. I'm sorry that so many great Sim designers will be unable to participate. Maybe you all can just create something to share at gift giving time so we can oh and ah and not worry about stealing, or borrowing, or just oogling another's present.
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you to the wonderful hosts or a bring such a source of fun and creativity to the community :) And if they are so foolish kind enough to have me, it's been a long time since I've built anything and I would really like to get back in the saddle and sign up o:)

Username: AlphaFen aka Alpha or Fen B)

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: AlphaFen

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them!! :D

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: High End Loft, Town Life, Fast Lane Stuff and the 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff packs

I own the following Store Content: All but limited edition or promo items

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All but Roaring Heights, Barnacle Bay, Monte Vista and Dragon Valley (ie the payable ones)

Some of my favorite colors are: Blues, pale greens but what I really like is colours that suit the sims/builds character

I really don’t like this color: Again if it suits the sim/build style then paintball the place with it like it's the OK Coral otherwise I'm not a fan of neon colours, bright orange, yellow and Barbie pink (sorry Barbie, I tried :pensive: )

I love to use items from this set: Not big on the Harajuku/street couture items but otherwise all/any/everything

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Lucky Palms because of its ample space but don't let it's modern build style restrict you. I have Victorian mansions, haciendas, castles, cottages all sorts there, it's an urban planner's worst nightmare :*

I enjoy this style of build the most: Don't have a favourite though I'm not keen on ultra modern or houses that are all angles and no sense *coughLuckyPalmscough*

I really don’t want this in my game: CC or CAP. Large harvestable gardens, small ones are lovely but not ones that require a sim to give up leaving the house just to maintain it. Houses so large that dirty laundry evolves a futuristic civilisation by the time it gets to the machine :mask:

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Preferably under 40x40 go larger if needs be ie for a big venue or such but not the largest size unless absolutely necessary.

I want/don’t want berry sims: No thank you, I prefer them colourful on the inside ;)

I want/don’t want occult sims: Not overtly fussed, whatever makes you happy but would prefer no plant sims

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Pets are fine as long as you're not re-creating Noah's ark :p

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Whatever suits the character ie if they're supposed to be a tip top chef than some cooking skills makes sense because if they burn the house down making cereal it's just embarrassing for all concerned :|

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Nope, no skills or some skills tis all good B)

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? I like a bookcase to learn the basics, a mirror and something to increase their painting and logic skills whether this be an easel, a tablet, chess board etc is up to you.

Other: I do have penchant for having laundry items maybe it's because I like watching someone else do it for once :hushed: Beyond my incessant need to abolish laundry from the face of the earth anything you want to do is wonderful, starter homes, all variety of homes, interesting sims are all needed and most welcome! Not ambitious enough for your tastes? Then the festival lot in Lucky Palms could do with updating, it's distinctly lacking in activities compared to other towns. If the above sounds dull and uninspiring then do what inspires you! Have you always wanted an excuse to build a cat lady theme park? Do it! A mansion devoted to fluffy pink unicorns? Do it! Buddy please just enjoy yourself, whatever you create you have the AlphaFen guarantee that I'll love it and express that love with an excessive amount of emojis :kissing_heart:

This text is to certify that I have read the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ^ What this says and then some
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
    Welcome back @AlphaFen :)
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited August 2017
    Mystik’s Buddy Letter form:

Username: Mystik1978

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (This is to help me when Buddy pairings are being made, especially if I don’t know you very well. If you’d rather not put your link here, please send me a PM with this information)

http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Mystik1978

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: I have them all

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: I have them all

I own the following Store Content: I believe I own most of it, including stuff like Dr. Pepper items. If you wish to use something and I find I do not own it I can get it so please do not let that stop you from using whatever you wish.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: (Please note that others might not feel comfortable using a custom world so it would be beneficial to provide your Buddy with a list of only those made by EA)
    Again, I believe I own them all a few are not gold because I got the “extras” separate. If for some reason I am missing one or need to install one worry not I can do that.

Some of my favorite colors are: Purples and Blues - I also enjoy classic wood looks like Oak and Cherry.

I really don’t like this color: I do not really dislike any color; I am not a huge fan of yellow and orange but I don’t hate it.

I love to use items from this set: All of the fantasy ones like the Castle set, the Storybook Set, I also enjoy some of the different more unique sets like Bohemian Garden and The Monarch Suite.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Dragon Valley and Hidden Springs are my two favorites though I enjoy running stories and Sims in all of them.

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Example: Victorian) I LOVE Victorian Builds, I also enjoy farm hours, log cabins and other woodsy or fantasy type houses.

I really don’t want this in my game: I do not dislike anything – so have fun and do not sweat over any gift making ideas.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention that too!) My husband recently got a really nice new computer so I can finally enjoy without worry big builds; so, if you are up for the challenge I would not mind one. With that being said, smaller lots are enjoyable and what I use to always play in. Guess my point is – make whatever you wish.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I love berry Sims just look at my profile pic! The wild hair colors are a ton of fun! So feel free to fruity sim me up :)

I want/don’t want occult sims:
    (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) I LOVE Occult sims they are my favorites in this game. I do not have favorites I enjoy them all, though I admit there are some I haven’t played a lot with yet like Genies and Mermaids.

I want/don’t want pets in the household:
    (Like cats more than dogs? Like bundles of cute puppies over horses? Don’t want any of them? Mention it!) Are you kidding me – I love my fur babies! Hard to pic my favorite, I will say due to my old trouble with larger lots I have done very little with horses.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you?
    If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) This is a matter of you; I am good either way. I will be honest a few points in some of the basics are always nice. The more points I do not have to worry about skilling the more I can explore the rest of the world.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the waffles and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Cooking of course!

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build?
    (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skills would be awe-sim!) For me as many skill items as you can/are willing to pack in a build the better. But, to name a few of my favorites – magic location/alter, garden or green house, small pond with fishes are nice, painting stations. I could go on but I am sure you get the point.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)

I am a heavy gamer and lifelong role-player – So I enjoy Sims and Builds with History. A nice base bio to start a fun story with or maybe he history of a build to add to my game is always nice. As I mentioned (and as my name might suggest) I love magic and all things mystical. I am sure I will love whatever you take the time to make me so sit back, grab a snack and enjoy the game! Happy Simmin’

This text is to certify that I have read the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates. – Read and Agree Mystik
    I love reading what everyone likes and doesn't like in their games, very interesting! LOVING IT!
    I've got the front all update :mrgreen:
    Welcome back, @Mystik1978 :)
    Watermarked+Photo-9.jpg

However you spell it ... August is sure to be fun
    A few more days and signing up will be done!

Looking forward to seeing the buzz of creation as muses zip this way and that :)
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    I am SO excited to see there's another gift exchange going on! (Thanks so much for your message @ADWilson :smiley:) But unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to participate this time. I'm going on vacation next week and I'll be starting a new study when I get back, so I simply won't have enough time.

I wish you guys LOTS of fun, though, and I'll definitely be lurking :sunglasses:
    Pssst....@creativemetaphor - this might be up your alley! <3
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of neon colours, bright orange, yellow and Barbie pink (sorry Barbie, I tried :pensive: )

I'm totally with you on the Barbie pink! (I loved my barbies growing up, but I always despised how ridiculously pink everything always was. Probably why my dolls spent more time in the red Ferrari than the bright pink golf cart!)
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    Have you always wanted an excuse to build a cat lady theme park? Do it! A mansion devoted to fluffy pink unicorns?

Did this make anyone else think of @DangerDanger ? :lol:

So glad to see the familiar faces, and a few new ones! Really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @aricarai I love reading all the letters too! :D

@Bookworm742 Admitting I don't like Barbie pink felt as big a betrayal as buying a Cindy doll (I got gifted one and instantly cut off all her hair so it doesn't count :* ) Despite Barbie being a vet, princess and spy all at once she could never afford a red Ferrari. My Barbie travelled in a white and pink hatchback (when married to Ken) and an imaginary magic carpet (when married to Aladdin). Occasionally she travelled out the window on Action Man's parachute (when escaping bigamy charges o:) )

Oh Barbie the life you did lead :cry:
    Love your great sense of humor, @AlphaFen! So glad you decided to participate.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited August 2017
    Yeah I enjoy reading the wishlists too, I am always curious what people get up to in their games. I hope you are having a great week so far.
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @AlphaFen Yep, Barbie did have plenty of exciting adventures! Although, half the time Princess Jasmine was the one who ended up with Ken, and sometimes it was one of my ethnic Barbies (Native American, Irish, Moroccan, Russian, etc. I was especially glad when I got Wendy from a trip to Disney and then I had a teenage version of my redheaded dolls!) And mostly, Barbie did any rescuing of Ken (or Aladdin, or Prince Eric, or occasionally even Rhett Butler), usually after "borrowing" her medieval weaponry from my brother's Legos. ;)

• CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    Lurking and loving what I see! <3 I can't wait to see the finished builds, I know they'll be incredible and there will be lots of goodies to download. I was an old fashioned Barbie pink girl, and Barbie was always with Ken. Bet ya never would have guessed that @AlphaFen :#
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Love reading about everyone's Barbie Days ... My Barbie thought Ken was a loser and had horrible plastic hair she had a thing for GI Joe! Barbie could not afford her own house so she lived in my big pink "box" that was basically a walk in closet ..... Maybe that is where the saying "coming out of the closet came from" *giggles* Things that make you go ... Hummmmm
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @aricarai Aww, very sweet of you to think of me. Unfortunately I won't be able to participate right now but will keep a closer eye on this forum for the future :)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I was more of a my little pony (generation 1) girl than barbie. They lived in the paradise estate in the corner of my room, the sea ponies floated lifelessly on their side in the tiny amount of water the pool held with their hair all matted. I felt bad for them. My sister had a few barbies and one lone naked GI Joe, most of the comments reminded me of her.
    Ah, for the want of a "LOL" button because the comments around Barbie has made me laugh more than once!

I had a couple of Barbies and can recall being disappointed when I took their beach van to the beach ... the wheels had difficulty rolling on the sand so I parked it near our blanket and played there ... later at home I discovered that the saltwater environment caused the thin plastic canvas walls to warp as they dried so it never was the same again ... sand magically has a way of being around for a while after countless sweeping up (much like Christmas tree needles!). Later on they came out with a mobile home (molded plastic) and my Barbies had many adventures ... up and down my hallway. lol

Good times!

Speaking of good times, in a few days sign ups will be over and Buddies will be known. Are you excited? I am!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top