Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited August 2017
    Morning guys!!! I think I might have found a solution --- or, at least ONE solution --- to my picture hosting "problem". @BreeMiles sent me a PM asking me if I was still looking for one. And *what* she told me.... (doh!) .... well, let's just say that I wasn't aware of this!

Still looking into HOW to do this. I'm NOT a blogger.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited March 2018
    In between phone calls, I finally got MY letter done. I apologize now to WHO EVER might get me. This is just how I've been feeling lately.

Username: Prissy **I prefer to be called this. NOT MsPrissy. JUST Prissy**

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (This is to help me when Buddy pairings are being made, especially if I don’t know you very well. If you’d rather not put your link here, please send me a PM with this information) http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/MsPrissy88

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: EVERYTHING

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: EVERYTHING

I own the following Store Content: Even though I own pretty much of the store, I ONLY play with/use certain pieces

I own the following EA-made Worlds: (Please note that others might not feel comfortable using a custom world so it would be beneficial to provide your Buddy with a list of only those made by EA) ALL OF THEM

Some of my favorite colors are: BLUE!! ((absolute favorite)) ... Purple/Magenta... Orange (but more towards the "burnt" side. not **real** dark) ... Pastel Green, Yellow, Red, and of course, Blue

I really don’t like this color: BROWN. (although I use the color in woods, I DON'T want this on a wall)

I love to use items from this set: SORRY. I DON'T WANT ANY STORE CONTENT *please read "Other" section*

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Haven't really played a lot in any of them (just getting *back in to* playing my game)

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Example: Victorian) I love Victorians! (but they have to be built on a big enough lot). I also love Traditional style homes, and Cottages. Ranch style homes as well!!

I really don’t want this in my game: NO CC ... NO STORE CONTENT!!! Sorry. Whatever you create - be it a house or a sim - CAN BE CREATED using only items from any of the packs!

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention that too!) ** IF you choose to build me a house, then I would like to have lots that are 30 by 30, 40 by 30 (the sideways version. 40 being the long/width side), OR 40 by 40. NOTHING ELSE

I want/don’t want berry sims: NO BERRY SIMS!!! (I am NOT a fan of this kind of sim)

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) NO OCCULT SIMS

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Like bundles of cute puppies over horses? Don’t want any of them? Mention it!) NO PETS!! I love them, but I will create my own, or adopt from within game. Thanks

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) IF you choose to skill a sim that you CREATED, then a few points ONLY

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the waffles and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Again... IF you choose to skill up a sim that YOU CREATED, I would like cooking, gardening and handiness ONLY. And only a few points each.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skills would be awe-sim!) IF you choose to build me a house, then - if you please - I would like THESE ITEMS to be included... an EASEL, a fenced-in garden, a computer, and a decent stove that will help in cooking. Thank you!

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)
    Again, I know that I am being picky when it comes to having store content in something that you MIGHT build for me. The reason why I don't want any store content, is because - say that I don't have enough sim points to buy it. I TELL the person who did the gifting this, but THEY don't do anything about it. Then I have to scramble to get the funds together in order to get it. Sorry. This might be hurtful, but I have A LOT to deal with with what I have/own now. As I said... EVERY THING can be created/built just using what was given to us inside each pack. BE CREATIVE!! **I am allowing you to RECOLOR anything your little heart desires! And IF you really want to get creative, you can ALSO incorporate a "Create A Pattern" - if you want to.

This text is to certify that I have read the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hello and welcome back, @MsPrissy88 :)
    Thanks Addy!!!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Ah, I love these exchanges! Having just recovered from a serious illness, I'm going to sit back this time and just lurk and comment. But my recommend-pressing finger won't be broken! :D
    Ah, I love these exchanges! Having just recovered from a serious illness, I'm going to sit back this time and just lurk and comment. But my recommend-pressing finger won't be broken! :D

Oh no!! I do hope you're feeling better, Mia. {{ hugs }}
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    ATTENTION!!!

For those of you who MIGHT still be looking for a place to "hold" - and share - your images ... DO NOT USE GOOGLE+ !!!

I know that BreeMiles was only trying to help. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK IN HERE!! :s I already tried. :(

This is ONLY if you have a Google account. {{ which I do }}

The search CONTINUES for a place to hold my pics. But, TRUST ME ... I am still thinking of just using my own website.

#stoopid
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Thank you for the invite Addy. Wonderful to see that another Gift Exchange is happening. I've been playing a lot of TS4 lately, haven't even opened up my TS3 game in awhile. I'll definitely put a letter in :)
    Trying to see if picture link thingy will now work for me. I totally forgot I had an account with Flickr! :s

36314934292_cd24a38b83_b.jpg

YESSSSS!!!!!

Ok. Is any one else having trouble "seeing" their launcher this morning? I can't even log IN to it. {{see image above }}
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited August 2017
    Username: LadyEmillye

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: My Page

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: Everything

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: Everything

I own the following Store Content: Everything (just let me know which packs and store content was used so I can ensure it was installed.)

I own the following EA-made Worlds: Everything, just let me know which was used.

Some of my favorite colors are: Black, Purple, blue, red, white.

I really don’t like this color: mustard yellow, green yellow, not a huge fan of pastels, but ok if they are used.

I love to use items from this set: Not Picky.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Any.

I enjoy this style of build the most: Rustic, Modern, Minimalist, Contemporary, Gothic.

I really don’t want this in my game: Laundry

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Go with whatever you want.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I'm ok with Berry.

I want/don’t want occult sims: I'm ok with Occult.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Pets are fine.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Up to you.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Up to you.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? Up to you.

Other: A home to use for an Off the Grid challenge, that can function without lights or plumbing would be really cool. I really like out of box thinking, but for the most part, have fun and I'll love whatever.

This text is to certify that I have read the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    Welcome back, @LadyEmillye :)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Other: A home to use for an Off the Grid challenge, that can function without lights or plumbing would be really cool. I really like out of box thinking, but for the most part, have fun and I'll love whatever.

That sounds like such a neat idea.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Sorry guys, but I must withdraw from the exchange. I just PMed Addy and explained. I will be following all the fun as best I can. See you all later.
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Sorry guys, but I must withdraw from the exchange. I just PMed Addy and explained. I will be following all the fun as best I can. See you all later.

Sorry you won't be joining us. :(
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @Kgaff ~ I read your PM. Sorry you need to step back, but I completely understand! Peek/follow as often as you can :)
    edited August 2017
    Do you guys mind if I ask a really stoopid question?

HOW do you "paint" the bottom of a platform?

36350509061_5692345e9c_b.jpg

I'm just building a new house for myself, and I literally forgot HOW.

EDIT: Omg. I really am stoopid. :s:D Right after I had asked Sweet Poyzin (on her facebook page), it dawned on me. NEVER MIND!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited August 2017
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Do you guys mind if I ask a really stoopid question?

HOW do you "paint" the bottom of a platform?

36350509061_5692345e9c_b.jpg

I'm just building a new house for myself, and I literally forgot HOW.

You can change the wall paper on it with the wall paper tool or just recolor it by using the CASt dropper to bring it up.
    Thanks @Jessabeans for quickly answering the question @MsPrissy88 had :)
  • blair2396blair2396 Posts: 336 Member
    Hey guys! I just wanted to stop by and check in with you all. I have a LOT going on in the next few weeks, so I won't be able to participate this time around, but I will be lurking around the thread. I can't wait to see what you all come up with and recommend your creations!
    Sorry you can't join @blair2396 but hopefully the timing of the next one will work :)
    happy_birthday_postcard_02_vector_160085.jpg
    @tanubanue

Hope your day is an enjoyable one!
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hi all! It's been a while since I've been (actively) here and to be honest I have missed it hehe

Sadly I can't join this time as next week my man and I will go on vacation (which would lead to missing two check-ins) and when we come back I'm starting a new study. I'll be studying to become an English teacher so maybe I can get back here a lot as homework to keep my English up to date ;)

@tanubanue happy birthday! August people rock ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Thank you very much Addy I appreciate it :)

Sj ~ Thank you also and as I recall you are an August baby as well so Happy Birthday to you too!!
    210690-Good-Morning-Happy-Friday-Have-A-Happy-Day.jpg

Sounds like a good idea to me :)

Another idea rattling around in my noggin is spreading the word and hopefully getting more Buddies to join because ... the more, the merrier! If any of you know a SimFriend or two who has or hasn't been a Buddy before and think they'd enjoy joining, then please feel free to invite them.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Buddy Letter form:
    Username: MoonandStars83 (a.k.a. CottonCandyFaery)

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/CottonCandyFaery

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All

I own the following Store Content: All except branded content, Origin exclusives, and most limited addition things

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: Blue, Green, Purple

I really don’t like this color: Anything that resembles vomit

I love to use items from this set: Depends on my mood, though I do get a bit obsessed with cooking and gardening.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Again, depends on my mood.

I enjoy this style of build the most: Gothic (gargoyles, secret rooms, several floors)

I really don’t want this in my game: Anything goes, pretty much.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Nothing under 40x40, please.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Builder's choice

I want/don’t want occult sims: Builder's choice

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Builder's choice

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Skills are nice. Level is up to builder.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Basic cooking and gardening is nice. Anything else is up to the builder.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? Builder's choice.

Other: I tend to do family play, and usually end up with a maxed out Sim count, so I like big lots with tons of rooms.

Side Note: I'm kind of terrible at building, so my participation is a learning experience and a way to hone my incredibly lacking skills. I'll do my best to build a nice house with a family, but you may just end up with a park and a family. I'm also bad a decorating, but I'll try my best. I apologize in advance to the person who lands me as a gifter.

~ end of form ~

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top