Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Psst @tanubanue ...
    Your before image of Wonderful Wells Community garden is the same as the before image of The Sandy Place.

Thank you it was being fixed as you posted.

@tanubanue So glad you're enjoying them! Was planning to have your third gift up tonight, but, um. The hubby kinda distracted me with a couple of rounds of Heroes of the Storm, which ended up taking about 3 hours longer than planned, cause we were having so much fun. :lol: Oopsie! So your third gift will be along sometime tomorrow, and if all goes well, I have one more after that for Sunday-ish.

I am loving them and will even more when I go back to my actual game and add them in. :) I get distracted with ESO on an almost nightly basis so I totally understand lol Never played Heroes of the Storm though. You've already spoiled me! :o
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @AlphaFen & @tanubanue, your gifts are custard-clean o:)
    @MiaSkywalker ~ Here are Ezra with Nirker, Charlie, and their kittens Jack and Jasper :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141674

I really like this picture because it looks like Jasper is playing with Jacks tail and he's like "Hey what are you doing?" lol So cute! I hope they add many smiles to your game!

ngttw9.jpg
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Loving everyone's gifts so far, and beyond happy that Dragon House is finally downloading correctly for everyone.

I wish those still figuring out issues the best of luck. If I can sort it out, so can you.

*giant hugs and warm chewy cookies*
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited September 2017
    *P A system gets turned on. At first... static. (( blows into nearby mike ))*

EXCUSE ME. COULD I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE?? WILL KESMINLIX PLEASE STEP FORWARD??

@KESSIE!!!! Yes. It is I -- Prissy -- who had YOU!!! Thank you for your patience, your understanding, and... well, EVERYTHING. {{ hugs }}

I have created for you - THREE wonderful gifts. It took some time to finally be able to DO anything with them. Headache number 1. Headache number 2 was my launcher. I kept getting just the little crate with no name or picture. (( even tho I shared IN my game, **my** game/launcher showed that I didn't )) Headache number 3 was Custard. grrrrrrrrr!!!! :s:s I finally had to download a "clean" copy, and THEN put that where it needed to be. I know that Addy will check my gifts again to double/triple check for no cc. You don't have to worry about that. I don't use cc when building/creating. Just for my own personal use.

Let me say right now, that I think I went a little overboard with store items. IF there is any item that you may/might not have, PLEASE -- let me know. I will get them for you. Ok?? Alright. Let's get started!!!

When I received your name from our wonderful, Addy, I almost screamed. Why?? Because it - YOU - was someone new!! Someone who I could have a lot of fun creating for! Then I read your letter. O - k. Your "wanting" (for lack of a better term) of houses struck me as --- HUH?!?? WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!!! I first sent my question to Addy to *ask you*, then I recanted, and told her NO - don't ask. I actually googled my question and it came back with TONS of "suggestions".

Ok ok ... I can see your face contorting into a very puzzled look.

One of your "suggestions" was for a Southern Antebellum home. That's where I went huh?!?? But!! Look at what I found...
    36882893081_0df8b77b49_b.jpg Evergreen Plantation (above) IS A REAL PLACE!! And this house - my interpretation/creation - is your MAIN gift. The picture above is just to whet your appetite while I gather all the pics and put them into a slideshow.

Right now tho, I want to gift you your FIRST GIFT!! Along with a little back story...

The Story --

Montgomery Randolph is the 10th generation to live in Evergreen Plantation. His long ago ancestors -- Beauregard and Maisy Dempsey -- built Evergreen from the ground up. Way back then, this stately manor didn't feature the lavish grounds it has now. Nor did it have modern amenities.

When his grandmother - Magnolia Dempsey - had passed, leaving the estate to his mother - Nellie Dempsey - it was his mother, who had refurbished the house and grounds. Although she and her husband, Quinn Randolph (Montgomery's father) - met their demise some years ago, Nellie had stated in her will that Evergreen would be home to ALL Dempsey heirs (no matter what they look like). As such, the mare that Nellie had growing up, had given birth to a foal -- Bailey. Nellie also had a dog, who - loyal tho he was - sired a pup (Luna, now grown) with the local "female" around town. Montgomery has also inherited both of these animals.

Now a young adult, Montgomery longed to have not just a female companion, but a lifelong partner. While visiting the local music house in Louisiana one day, Montgomery gazed upon a beauty he just had to know. Maribelle Bartholomew - whose own family (and ancestors) were servants to one of the richest families in Alabama (and gave them their last name) - always knew she was destined for more. Maribelle was a singer in the music house that Montgomery visited often.

Fate - destiny - stars being aligned - whatever you want to call it -- fell into place that day. Montgomery officially met Maribelle, they wed immediately, and now make their home in Evergreen Plantation. Let the future generations begin!

37235876882_81cdebdf0a_b.jpg
    37009886170_486a394423_b.jpg37407904225_acedc00726_b.jpg

Download your couple HERE --->> http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141666

Gifts 2 and 3 will be coming later today!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    HI GUYS!!!! I have a ton of reading and gift rec'ing to catch up on. Please rest assured that I **WILL** get to each of yours. It may take me some time -- days... weeks... -- to get it all done, but I will NOT forget about y'all !!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @tanubanue - I love redoing lots as well, but you have really stepped up the bar! That skeetball and bowling ball action addition is awesome. I'm loving it! And to have all the plants available in spot is perfect too! My idea of redoes is usually to lower the foundation. I like the looks of foundations, but I hate having to go up 8 stairs to get inside and then maybe going back down eight stairs to get somewhere I could have just walked straight to. It takes most Sims an awfully long time to go up and down stairs!

Example: Can Yon, a library make-over I did:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    I CFEd the foundation to normal height and moved everything down manually (that I kept). I move toddler stuff to the ground floor too because I hate wasting time carrying toddlers up and down the stairs.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    The gift from @MsPrissy88 is custard-clean o:)
    Great back story @MsPrissy88! Interesting smirk on Randolph's face in CAS in all the pics. I like his western old time clothing. Maribelle is a great name and she looks like a real beauty. I can see how easy it was for Randolph to fall for her especially in that red dress with her hair up like that.
    edited September 2017
    ciane wrote: »
    Great back story @MsPrissy88! Interesting smirk on Randolph's face in CAS in all the pics. I like his western old time clothing. Maribelle is a great name and she looks like a real beauty. I can see how easy it was for Randolph to fall for her especially in that red dress with her hair up like that.

;);) Yup!!! :D Thanks!
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I'll be in game today, before I wander off to play with my wonderful gifts from MoonandStar83 I figured I would share two of the items I recolored that helped create the illusions of earth on the Off the Grid Homestead.
    Illusion #1 bare - enriched soil in the entry ways greenhouse.
    original.jpg

Illusion #2 the green & grassy roof
    original.jpg

After I thought about all the steps I used, I did use the flatten tool on the house but only in a few spots to ensure sims wouldn't have routing issues and not on the entire lot. I don't think I used it at all on the market. No matter what I hadn't applied it to the entire lot. So it looks like any use at all creates the weird dip glitch.

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    ADWilson wrote: »
    The gift from @MsPrissy88 is custard-clean o:)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Took long enough. Right?! ;):p:D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 ~ Montgomery and Maribelle are great sims and will be a lot of fun to have in game. Love the sneak peek of the house you put in there :)

@ciane ~ Thanks! Which town was that library in again? I know I should know but cant place it. I hate carrying toddlers up and down too! Especially when there's nothing to do on that floor for them lol

@Mmdrgntobldrgn ~ thank you for sharing the recolors. They will come in handy for sure.
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @MsPrissy88 I'm glad your mother is doing better :smile: I've my own fair share of family issues this past week as well.

They say that all good things come to those who wait, right? (To be honest, I didn't mind waiting at all. Real life comes first!) Anyway, I love the family and the backstory you created for them!

And can I say that that inspo picture is drop-dead goregeous!!! I can't wait to see the other gifts. :smiley:
    @tanubanue - that one is the Lucky Palms library, but most of EA's libraries put the child stuff on the second floor. I think because some sims dislike kids, so they hide the kids above stairs! I go through and redo all libraries to add more coffee tables to place books on (and use Twallan's mods to clean them up later). I also remove stairs and foundations from all parks so no kittens, puppies, or toddlers are left stranded. And, I often use CFE to lower the foundations of the city halls and other ridiculously tall entries for community buildings. I have some of those buildings in my favorites so I can find them and easily swap them out when I start a new game. I also, of course, keep them on my computer, but we all know that computers need backup in other places. 4share just emailed me that all my backups there will no longer be accessible, so I need to copy them elsewhere soon.
    Oh ok I knew I recognized it lol One less I need to redo now that Alpha has unleashed this need in me to redo lots in Lucky Palms! The nerve I tell ya!! :D
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 I'm glad your mother is doing better :smile: I've my own fair share of family issues this past week as well.

They say that all good things come to those who wait, right? (To be honest, I didn't mind waiting at all. Real life comes first!) Anyway, I love the family and the backstory you created for them!

And can I say that that inspo picture is drop-dead goregeous!!! I can't wait to see the other gifts. :smiley:

Geee - what a great buddy you are. ❤❤ Thank you

I did forget to mention that I did go ahead and (with the help of a mod cheat), gave both Montgomery & Maribelle their cooking skill. Then, because of their (mostly) random traits, I gave Montgomery the Painting skill, and Maribelle the writing skill.

And enough money to buy other things... when it's time.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited September 2017
    Oh, @Catdog123 - I almost forgot your last inspiration pic. Not much of an inspiration on a grand scale, but it's my usual way of building:
    68845-b600.jpg?w=450

Something that's not a box... something with a little in and out to it... something with a focal point or two; yet something that says normal, everyday, affordable living.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited September 2017
    @tanubanue: Thank you for posting Ezra and the cats! I am surely going to place him in one of my worlds - he'll be the crazy guy with all the cats! :D (Then I'll have to give him a crazy lady for a wife, and they'll be the crazy couple with all the cats. :D)

@MsPrissy88: I love that couple! Maribelle is very pretty - I can see why he was taken with her right away! They're going to have some very pretty children. Oh, and that inspiration pic - wow! That's going to be an awesome build! Can't wait to see it!

@ciane: I never thought of removing stairs for those reasons, but it makes sense. Yeah, when I make a house that's going to have cats and/or dogs, if I think about it ahead of time, I make sure not to do a foundation. I've had my Sims buy a second house before when a current house doesn't work too well for toddlers and pets, because since I don't always get either right away, I don't always think of it. But... I don't know how you would use CFE to get rid of foundations that are already there. Whenever I do a makeover of a build, unless I'm deleting the building and rebuilding from scratch, I've always just left the foundations in place. I've never known any way to get around it.

Between you and tanu, the next time I start an LP game (which I think will be pretty soon!), I'm going to have to make sure I download all of your and her LP lots again for that install. :)

ETA: *sigh* And because the forums popped me straight to the last page of the thread, I missed what was on the previous page. Wish it wouldn't do that all the time.

@tanubanue: I know Addy already checked it for you, but your remakes of Sandy Place and the Wonderful Wells Community Garden are clean and CC free. :smiley: I like both remakes; I know from experience that the insides of many community venues in the EA worlds are seriously lacking. Your Sandy Place has a lot of fun things for a Sim to do, and I love the clean lines of your community garden. Both are definitely worth using to update LP. :) Btw, WHY does the default version of Sandy Place have flamingos, a fire hydrant, and a globe on the roof? that's just... strange. >_<

@AlphaFen: Ava Armostrong is clean and CC free. :smiley: Is her socks problem the reason she isn't wearing any for any of her outfits? :)
    @MiaSkywalker ~ No problem I'm happy you enjoy him and his furbabies. Never thought of him as the crazy cat man but why not? lol He's been rolling the want to adopt another cat (or two?) I think he does need to find a woman now too though.

Thanks for your comments about the community lots. Like I said I'll be redoing more of them in the future. (Jane stop this crazy thing!) That was a Jetsons reference for those of you too young to have gotten it lol I have no idea why all those things are on that roof, lol Someone was just sitting there going and I'll put this here and that there and ..... Too much coffee maybe? :#
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    @ciane Oh that's a beautiful normal sized home. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like in game. :smiley:
    Siggy_4.jpg
    edited September 2017
    Alright @Kessie. Here is Gift Number 2.

The Dempsey Pets

37009258230_1e45463f4d_b.jpg

Now, the "where" Bailey and Luna are sleeping is a little sneak peek for your main gift! ;):p:D

36544543944_76e7dc818c_h.jpg36998834440_810b639583_h.jpg36544542384_39513da2f6_h.jpg

Download Bailey & Luna HERE --->> http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141710

I hope you get as much fun and enjoyment with these two, as I did after I created them! I wanted to test "the yard" to make sure Bailey had enough room to "roam", and yuppers!! You shouldn't have any problems. Now Luna, on the other hand... she kept running around, in and out, barking, and just being a typical dog. And in case their breeds didn't give themselves away... Bailey is an APPALOOSA --- geeee... where have I heard that name before? --- and Luna is a Collie.

Give me a few more hours. I am working on something special for your last (main) gift. ;)B)
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @AlphaFen: I am dying at Ava's backstory. Ava the sock sorter :lol: yet...she's not wearing socks! Hmmm! Haha! I'm actually cracking up here! BRILLIANT and Rec'd!

@tanubanue: Loving both of your community renovation projects! They look fabulous - got you rec'd!

@MsPrissy88: Dempsy and Luna are very cute! Rec'd!
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @MsPrissy88 Awe! Bailey and Luna are adorable!! I love how Luna has that "I'm up to no good" look in the first pic. Love them! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top