Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    @AlphaFen ~ Yes I'm ok thanks for asking. My husband is having a few issues so hopefully they will figure out what is going on with him.
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    Thank you guys so much! Sims seems to be the only thing right now that keeps me going. You are right @tanubanue we have been through so much, more than any family should ever have to go through, but that's what makes us stronger. We have all the love in the world and he has been such a blessing. I know in my heart and pray that one day Carson will be free of this cancer. And it will be the best day ever.
    Thank you guys so much! Sims seems to be the only thing right now that keeps me going. You are right @tanubanue we have been through so much, more than any family should ever have to go through, but that's what makes us stronger. We have all the love in the world and he has been such a blessing. I know in my heart and pray that one day Carson will be free of this cancer. And it will be the best day ever.

Yes it will!!! <3
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I hope your hubby is doing better now, @tanubanue. Hugs and prayers.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @ADWilson Mostly, I was just thinking 'Will this show up as Store content or is it actually base game?'

@djsdragongirl *ginormous hugs* Thank you so much!! I can't wait for the data to roll over so I can download my goodies. So sorry to hear about your grandson. He gets some extra special kitten hugs as well.

I believe I have rec'd everyone's amazing gifts. I'll go back and check in a day or two.

This was fun (well, not the download issues part), and it was definitely a learning experience. I'm already thinking of things to do for the next exchange I participate in.

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    Oops, sorry, I forgot! Here's a pic of my sock drawer @AlphaFen - :smile:
    socks.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member

Oh my. :(:'( I can't even imagine what it must be like to be a kid -- a SMALL ONE at that -- and have to deal with the big bad C. #sosad Just know that he will be in EVERYONE'S thoughts and prayers, as will you all. {{ sending gentle hugs to your precious little one }}
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member

I have a whole album dedicated to him, if any of you would like to see him, but in the meantime Carson wanted to say thank you to everyone:
    Here is the link to Carson's Photo Dedication. https://www.flickr.com/gp/153920084@N05/T3170N
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @Catdog123 WOW! Just when I thought I couldn't get anymore blown away you pull out that festive lot! I love how it is season based (seasons is one of my favorite of all the X-packs). I can not wait to get in game and try it out. Going to do a whole new town of Dragon Valley an several pieces from this exchange will be in it. I think it will be a ton of fun to use other peoples gifts as well as the ones I got to populate my new town. Thank you so very much!

I have a whole album dedicated to him, if any of you would like to see him, but in the meantime Carson wanted to say thank you to everyone:
    **snipped**

Awwww.... he is so cute. Children are supposed to have happy lives. Playing... running around... squealing with delight... Not living life like this. This hurts my heart.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    I know I haven't left comments on everyone's work but I just went through and made sure I downloaded, rec'd, favorited and snagged everyone's goodies. This group did an amazing job of spoiling each and every buddy! As always I had a ton of fun with this exchange.
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2017
    @ciane I nearly missed the sockfest :hushed: They look so snug and sock like <3

@djsdragongirl Carson looks like such a blessing to you all :)

@Mmdrgntobldrgn You and I both sadly had curved edges on our lots and I wanted to let you know that I found a possible cause. Originally I saved the 2 affected lots into the library (Nature's Nook and Peaceful Point) to another world for testing. While there I found some issues, fixed them and saved the lots again to the library. It was this placing the lot then saving it again that caused the problem! Because when I went back through old saves and found the original unmoved lot for Nook it was fine and had no curved edges when moved to other worlds/lots! I didn't have the original for Point but I found levelling terrain from one corner to the opposite corner fixed it permanently and it now moves safely between worlds. Maybe this is what happened to you and I hope this helps :)

I have reuploaded Nature's Nook and Peaceful Point now fully flat and AlphaFen free <3
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Catdog123: Dragon Springs is AMAZING! I love the bridge and oooh, I love that it's a festival lot! What are the sparkling different colored dots...are they fairies? If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to build this! It looks incredible! Rec-a-roo!

@ADWilson: Country Charm is beautiful! I love the blue that you've used! And I also love that you've included two versions so that everyone can have their pick! Got both of them rec'd!

@djsdragongirl: The Kile Family is so sweet. I've got them rec'd! I'm really sad that this is indeed a true story and that is happening to your family. *MASSIVE HUGS to you and yours* A friend of mine's son had a neuroblastoma - I'm sending you and your family all of thoughts and positive vibes.

@ciane: Haha, your sock drawer is so organised!

• Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    @ADWilson Country Charm is a beautiful build. Loving the carport for some reason. The back deck is really nice, looks like a nice relaxing spot to enjoy lazy summer days. Loving lots of the little details like the custom walk in closet, the custom wall in shower and all of the clutter details like the lemonade on that little table in the dinning area. :)

@djsdragongirl The Kile's look like a lovely family. :) I am sorry to hear that your grandson is going through this wish we lived in a world where no child or adult would be have to go through cancer. Will be sending him positive thoughts and prayers.

@aricarai The sparkling dots are will o wisps, so they are sort of faeries. Back when late night first came out they were the butterflies that spawned at night but when they added actual fireflies into the game they stopped showing up because butterflies were coded to not show up at night. Some say you might be able to find them early morning sometimes but haven't seen any since late night. Luckily however there is fog emitter codes to place a non catch-able version of them on lots which is what I used here. They have become a little addiction of mine to place on any magical themed lots. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
    @Mystik1978 Yay! :smiley: I'm really happy you are loving the festival lot. Seasons is one of my favorite expansions as well. It just adds so much more life and a sense of time to the game. I grabbed a bunch of stuff from the last exchange for my favorite save I've still been playing in since then.
    Siggy_4.jpg
    edited September 2017
    @aricarai Forgot to answer this when I explained the will o wisps. The lot took quite a few hours, not sure how much though as there was a lot of back and forth with it from tweaking the actual lot to adding things to the festivals, making sure objects didn't spawn on top of some of the common objects. Plus I took a break to work on the other gifts. Id say at least 5 or 6 days worth of working on it for a few hours each day not counting the testing of the lot. It was very enjoyable though, I love making public spaces with seasonal lot markers.
    Siggy_4.jpg
    Hi guys!!

I just stopped in --- (( stopped in a few hours ago, really )) --- and EVERYONE'S gift has now been rec'd by me!! Whew! (wipes brow) I have to congratulate everyone on a job well done. EVERYONE did a fantastic job on their gifts for their buddies. I sat here "oooohing & ahhhing" at each new image. Curious as to HOW DID *THAT* GET DONE?

(( I believe it was Mama Dragon's "house"... O M GAWWWWD!!! Mama! You must put out a tutorial showing and explaining how you did that.))

And even though this exchange started with the best of intentions -- wanting to get everything done and presented on time -- a few of us had our ups and downs when it came to our gifts. :s:D ((*now that the exchange is over, I say we all just kick our game & launcher right in its royal but..t. lol :D

THANK YOU @Addy for hosting another exchange. Depending on IF you do one around Christmas -- and IF I have time -- I'll sign up.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR AMUSING STORIES!! **blows kisses**
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @tanubanue

Finally got this one finished!

Your third gift was built in Roaring Heights, and is a little Tudor Revival style home!

Riverside Dream

XZiW2Xh.jpg

Download Here:
    thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9142957

More Pictures Here:

Back of house:

ndYLxRX.jpg

Layout:

wovvXMa.jpg

Master:

Ib0uxgt.jpg

Second Bedroom:

hKw5Gcw.jpg

Master Bath:

kOz6b41.jpg

Kitchen:

UJCV9ok.jpg

Living Room:

EaZAtnz.jpg

Here's one of the inspiration pics I used.

f4bc03bc60fbe7ccbad3424226851ba3.jpg

This was my first attempt with CFE, and I could not for the life of me get the roof to do exactly what I wanted, lol. And it was originally intended to be on a 20x20 lot, but I ran out of room for the front stairs while adjusting the roof, so it grew to a 30x30. ;) But I finally got something I was happy with! I kept it fairly light on skill items, since I figured what you wanted would depend on the sim living there!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Catdog123: Will o wisps! I love it - how cute! Thank you for explaining about festival grounds - you can tell how much time you spent on it. It looks amazing :heart:

@Bookworm742: Beautiful job on Riverside Dream! I really love the roof line and the cute little deck area out the back! I love how you CASt the deck chairs! FABULOUS! Rec'd :mrgreen:
    @Bookworm742 Riverside Dream is adorable. I love the back porch and the roof is so cool. I bet that drove you a bit nuts lol. I love the colors in the house too, calm and inviting. I never seem to venture too much into wall patterns and I love that you did that for me and in such a perfect way! Thank you for adding some beauty to my sims world I appreciate all the work you've put into these gifts for me. <3 Now off to find a sim to live here! :)
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Ok, time to get all caught up on the pretty things added in the last couple of days!

@AlphaFen Ava Armstrong is lovely! Really loving the clothing recolors, especially the formal wear! Looks like an interesting combo of traits, too, should be fun to see what happens with those!

@tanubanue ooo, more much needed improvements to LP! Might have to steal those for my own copy of LP...particularly the garden, since I'm horrible with those and it looks fantastic ;) And those kittens are adorable...next time I want to play with cats, I know where to find some good ones! And I love that laundromat! I rarely mess with laundry in my sims game (I have to do enough of it in reality, why should I torture my sims? lol) but I really love the style on this one. Kinda reminds me of a boat shed, from the outside anyway!

@MsPrissy88 The Randolph family is great! Think I might just plop them down in my (much edited) version of Twinbrook, which I'm trying to make look more Louisianian...they'll fit in perfectly! Love the pets! That horse is gorgeous! And the house is beautiful! Love the antebellum style (those columns and porches!) and it turned out wonderfully!

@ciane Dawg Days is a great little house! Love how it can fit into many different worlds, and not just one or two! Love the colors you used, and I really love the pattern on one of those beds upstairs. And a handy little garden in the back! Very nice!

@AlphaFen Peaceful Point looks great! Tons of natural light, and a very nice balance of modern with cozy touches!

@Catdog123 Another gorgeous thing to place in DV! Those tents over the food vendors - brilliant. Definitely helps them blend better! Festival lots are always so complicated, and you really did a great job on this one! Think I'll be replacing the EA lot in the very near future! And I can always use more lots with the wishing well...it really is such fun to play with.

@ADWilson Country Charm is a wonderful surprise! Love the 2 versions (I personally chose the one without the pet items), and it's such a great shade of blue! Really love how kid-friendly it is, don't see too many with that much stuff for the kids to do! And I really love the porch, it looks so relaxing!

@djsdragongirl Country Dreams looks great! And MH always need more housing choices! So very sorry to hear about all your family is going through, and hoping things continue to improve! The Kile family will make a lovely addition to my worlds!

Had so much fun seeing what wonderful things everyone came up with! So much pretty to add to my game! Now I just have to go find the time to enjoy them all! Thanks to @ADWilson and @aricarai and @MiaSkywalker for hosting and helping! Know it's a lot of work, and it's greatly appreciated!
    @Bookworm742 - I love your color scheme as well. You really can't go wrong with green and wood together! Very nice country theme with RH accents. And, of course, very interesting roof line. I love the landscaping and the light tan brick accent on the front stoop and back fireplace. It looks very nice against the darker brick.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thank YOU to all Buddies as well as @aricarai and @MiaSkywalker for making this another excellent exchange :)
    All the gorgeous gifts have been posted to the front page and are custard-clean.

That means, like all good things, this homemade gift exchange is now officially closed!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Been busy

Just wanted to drop by & say I've left everyone a rec. I've enjoyed seeing the creativity behind each build.

Love the socks.

There are a few that have inspired me to play with more elements to see if I can create something similar. I also want to try some of the tricks folks have mentioned for building. :)

For the questions on how for my build. I used the techniques for a walkout basement, combined with sculpting the terrain for the hill. For the green house roof I used the PlaceFriezes cheat code plus windows & skylights. I used the ITF rugs on the roof to place all plants. For the multi staged stairs on the outside, large amounts of patience and slow mouse movements to get small sets of stairs. In addition to lot's of patience the other trick is to start at the top. I think all together I only used moo in a few places; skylight rug above door, fountain, the rock statue (he's just fun to work with :) ), the fireplace, and the canopies over the side doors.

Wishing everyone happy simming.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @ADWilson @aricarai Thanks for hosting and allowing me to participate in this wonderful gift exchange! It was my first time doing anything like this! :smiley:

I do apologize for not commenting on everyone's gifts and being seemingly absent after I uploaded my gift. I just had a death in the family and I've been a bit preoccupied with RL at the moment. I will be going through and REC'ing everyone's gifts though!

@MsPrissy88 - Thank you so much for your wonderful gifts!! I already have them in game and have been exploring that AMAZING home you built!! :heart:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top