Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Our first Buddy Letter ... how awesim is that?!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited August 2017
    Addy - I DID use that little picture link thingy! :s In order for ME to get a "copy picture location", I have to risk using both/either Chrome or Firefox when I am signing in to my Sims 3 page. BOTH are not a secure connection. Trust me .... I have scanned my computer SO many times. I *DON'T* have any viruses. But, if I were to use Edge (Microsoft), I don't get anything like that copy location thing.

But that picture link thingy is SO not something I can use. :s

@aricarai - I've already checked out Imgur. NO WAY. When you first GO to their site, you can't even *get* to the bottom to FIND SOMETHING that would tell you **how much** room you would be given IF you sign up. Sorry

@Jessabeans - I *did* try adding the img thingy before and after; inside that picture thingy link. Again ... sorry.

MY website will have to be the place where I will put my pictures.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited August 2017
    By the way .... is ANY ONE having trouble uploading MEMORIES to their sims 3 page? I ask because the stoopid picture I was trying to work with started *out* as a memory. But the memory NEVER uploaded. Could it be a glitch on **my** side?? Who the frig knows. This is one of the reasons why I gave up on 3.

sorry for the rant
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    This is my first time trying something like this, so here it goes....
    • Username: Kesminlix
    • Link to your Sims 3 My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kesminlix
    • I have installed the following Expansion Packs: I have all EPs!
    • I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All SPs except Katy Perry Sweet Treats.
    • I own the following Store Content: I basically own everything from the store. There might be a few items here and there that I don't have but all the major sets I own.
    • I own the following EA-made Worlds: I have all the EA-made worlds.
    • Some of my favorite colors are: Blue, Green, Red (all various shades). I also like really neutral colors too. I like pastels too.
    • I really don’t like this color: I'm not a fan of neon colors, black (in moderation it's okay), yellow, orange... though pastel yellow is fine.
    • I love to use items from this set: Bohemian Garden, Grandpa's Grove, Country Livin' (see the theme here :wink:)
    • I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Appaloosa Plains
    • I enjoy this style of build the most: I LOVE country and rustic builds. I also like Craftsman, Colonial, and Southern/Antebellum homes as well.
    • I really don’t want this in my game: Ultra-modern homes/decor. Not a fan.
    • I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: 40 x 40 or larger is fine. I am not a tiny home lover.
    • I want/don’t want berry sims: I don't want berry sims.
    • I want/don’t want occult sims: Witches are fine but no Vampires, Werewolves, Fairies, or Ghosts please.
    • I want/don’t want pets in the household: I LOVE pets in the Sims 3! (It's my favorite expansion pack!) While I'd like any pet, I'm more of a horse and dog lover than a cat person.
    • Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? If you want to skill them up a couple of points, that's fine. I don't really care.
    • Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Cooking is the only one I really want (a kitchen fire in a brand new house is just annoying and sad). But if you want to skill up any pet's hunting skill, I'd appreciate it.
    • Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? Cooking and Writing. Maybe painting?
    • Other: I love playing with families so I would prefer not to have a single sim. However, if they are single (relationship status wise), could they perhaps have a kid or two (or at least a couple of "fur babies")?

This text is to certify that I have read the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.

Hope you guys don't mind that I changed the formatting of the letter. I just thought it would make it easier to read. I can change it back if needed. :smile:
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    O M FRIGGING GAWWWWD!!! :s:s Photobucket is OUT. OF. THEIR. FRIGGING. MIND!

Addy -- Ari .... I highly suggest that people NOT USE photobucket as their choice for images. (( mumbling words that cannot be used here )) IF they want their images to be seen - and they still want to use PB as their host - they will/would have to pay $400!! FOUR HUNDRED *FRIGGING* DOLLARS -- A YEAR!!!!! :s:s They can go you-know-what themselves.

Great :sNow I have to try and dl EVERY SINGLE PICTURE I uploaded over there and figure out HOW to "cancel" my account. And then TRY TO FIND somewhere else. :s:s

I use tinypic.com for all my pictures. It works great for me and it's free, still.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Yaaay for new letters! :heart:

@MsPrissy88 - like I said, I only use imgur for transparent pictures, but flickr is my main one and it works a dream!
    Welcome & thanks for joining, @Kesminlix :)
    Changing the format of the letter is fine, all the pertinent information is there and presented in a way that's really easy for your Buddy to read!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited August 2017
    Withdrawn :'(
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    Hello & welcome back, @Kgaff :)
    Your note made perfect sense to me regarding Sept. 12 check-in and gifting period. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited August 2017
    Username: Bookworm742

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Bookworm742

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: Everything except KPST

I own the following Store Content: Everything

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: My favorite color is definitely purple of all shades as long as it's not too far into the pink spectrum. But I also love shades of green and blue, and pops of bright colors are always fun! For decorating, I tend to stick to the cool colors, but warm tones are great in the tropical worlds and LP! Also love natural wood tones in builds!

I really don’t like this color: Not a big fan of pink or orange. Or anything too neon. Small amounts are ok, but definitely not in large doses!

I love to use items from this set: Honestly, this changes depending on where I'm playing! But consistent faves include: all the bohemian stuff, the nautical sets, the jazz age/roaring heights/New Orleans stuff, gothic glamour, and the Edwardian things.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Totally depends on my mood, but general favorites in no particular order: Dragon Valley, Roaring Heights, Lucky Palms, Aurora Skies, and Midnight Hollow. Been having some fun redoing Aurora Skies recently, but I've also got versions of Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, and Dragon Valley as works in progress! I rarely play in Sunlit Tides, just because it's such a pain to get around everywhere!

I enjoy this style of build the most: I prefer builds that suit the world they're built for (no thatched roof in Lucky Palms, for example!) but general styles I love most: Victorian, Craftsman, Mediterranean, Old Key West, and French Country. Also, I'm originally a Louisiana girl, so I love things that make me think of home!

I really don’t want this in my game: Prefer no pets and no huge families. Pets like to glitch on me, so I use them very rarely. And more than 5 sims in a household starts becoming a heck of a lot of work! Also, not a fan of the bots. They have no genetics for me to play with!

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: generally speaking, I prefer lots that are 40x40 or smaller, just because there are so few larger lots to place things on! But lag isn't an issue for me as far as lots go, so if you need more room than that, go for it! And if you want to go tiny, that's fun too!

I want/don’t want berry sims: Yes and no on the berry sims. I like my human-ish sims to have natural coloring. But fairies/genies/plant sims/aliens and possibly mermaids make sense to me as being any color!

I want/don’t want occult sims: No bots/mummies/zombies, but the rest of them are great! I tend to play aliens and witches the most, but I like them all!

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Would prefer not, please!

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Would prefer not maxed out, especially for single sims (I play a lot of legacies, so less is more in the case of founders!) For families, it really doesn't matter to me, though I'd prefer having something left to do myself. ;)

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Doesn't really make a difference to me, whatever you want to do.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? I drift more towards the gardening/cooking/fine arts skills, so things that help those are always nice!

Other: I mostly *play* legacy style (one of these years I'll actually finish a legacy, darn it!) so cute singles for my legacy founders/heirs to romance are always nice. Or kids for them to play with! I'm always looking for good community lots (hate having to build those from scratch every time I want to change up a neighborhood!) Lots that bring in skill items from the store venues are great too! I rarely use the actual venue lots, since they take up so much space and I have to add so much to them so they're more functional. I can send a list of specific lots I need most if you wanted to go that route! And I can always use more ideas for clothing recolors, since I sometimes get stuck in a rut using the same few patterns/colors. But really, I'll love whatever you come up with, so have fun and go with whatever your muse inspires you to create!

This text is to certify that I have read the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates. (Yep, always do!)

@MsPrissy88 totally agree on the photobucket thing. I too will be finding an alternative!

Edit: No dragon eggs, pretty please!
    Post edited by Bookworm742 on
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Also, Addy....I might or might not make the Aug 21 check in. That's going to be a very stressful weekend for us (sick dog having surgery) so I might not check messages/email til Tues or so. But I'll do my best to remember!
    Hello and welcome back, @Bookworm742 :)
    Oh no! Sorry to hear about your sick dog ... sending positive vibes for a successful surgery and smooth recovery ... got you marked down for the check-in because no point in trying to remember to pop in here while you're being nurse/cheerleader. Family (especially our furry ones!) comes first.
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Its been a while since I've joined one of these should be lots of fun. :) Going to need to edit my letter though.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited August 2017
    It's not a secret I Love the exchanges ~

Username: tanubanue

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tanubanue

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All

I own the following Store Content: All but T-Mobile items

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: Earth tones, wood tones, muted greens, blues, yellows and oranges are my favorties. I love accent walls and pops of color

I really don’t like this color: I don't enjoy neon unless it's specific to a build that really is better with it. I don't enjoy dark rooms.

I love to use items from this set: I mix and match the sets I own and have found that it's a great way to remember what I have, lol It also keeps me from getting stuck in a rut. There really aren't any sets that I don't like.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I don't play EA worlds anymore and you don't need to worry about your gift fitting in any particular world. I can make it fit anywhere and find a lot that works well so just enjoy creating :) I enjoy using builds and sims my friends have made for me or for others in empty towns and I love seeing someone's build as my sim drives by or seeing them talking to a sim someone made. (Like Colt and Lottie ~ made by the beautiful Aricarai!) I do play in a version of Lucky Palms that is green and love it there so if you really want to build in a EA world that one would be the best

I enjoy this style of build the most: I don't really like Victorian but otherwise any style is great :) I Love porches or balconies though

I really don’t want this in my game: Berry sims (I even make my genie's more normal skin tones) or sims that are dark and depressed personalities

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Please no lots that need to be one way or the other meaning like the 20 x 30's that can be either direction. I like 20 x 20's to 60 x 60's and everything in between as long as the lot is square

I want/don’t want berry sims: No thank you

I want/don’t want occult sims: I Love Occult sims so that would be cool. I like the human sims also

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Pets are good. Like a cat for a witches familiar is great. I usually enjoy more than one pet in the house so they don't constantly bother my sim lol Please no loyalty traits

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Whatever you would like to do as far as skills is fine but please don't max out much or finish their lifetime skill :)

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Again, whatever you would like. I can always add a few skills if I need to.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? Items that fit the sims personality is always a plus, guitar for virtuoso for example Or if there are no sims than just a few general skill items is fun and sometimes will take me in a direction I haven't thought of

Other: If you do a home lot please do not do much of a garden if any at all. I usually send my sims to a community garden if they need produce and I don't really like all the time they need to spend in a garden. However flower gardens are beautiful! I never keep my sims single (even when I try :) ) They always end up with families so builds that keep that in mind would be nice. I also don't really like pink rooms for girls and blue for boys too much. Different colors and combinations are interesting to me.

As mentioned above I spend a lot of time in lucky palms so maybe a house for the dock lots would be nice (I realize they aren't a square but here that is fine). I also noticed that my game is lacking some nice houseboats. Even maybe a redo of one of the EA ones would be great! I love lots that are quirky or different or something maybe you don't see right away. I like my sims to be a bit quirky too and really don't like them to have dark or depressed personalities. If you've known me awhile and have an idea that just sprung into your mind when you saw my name please go for it, that would be amazing!! The most important thing is that my buddy has fun creating for me.

This text is to certify that I have read the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.

Post edited by tanubanue on
    Hello and welcome back, @tanubanue :)
    Glad you could join!
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited August 2017
    Okay and my letter is ready. :D

Username: Catdog123

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Catdog123

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All of them

I own the following Store Content:
    I have all of the sets/venues that come with a premium content item.. I own all of the premium content.. I have most of the hair styles so if you make me a Sim don’t worry about what hair you use. I own a lot of the clothes and build buy objects but not all, many of them were bought individually when they were on sale and its just too much to go through. Especially the misc decor, I am totally addicted to misc decor. :P Some sets I have that don’t have a premium content item with it are; Indian Inspirations Collection, Adventurous Life collection, the Prom Night set, World Inspirations Compilation, Kingdom of Cambodia, Zen Again Bath, Asian Fusion, All of the Ultra Lounge, Le Cirque Esprit, Boho Men’s collection, Bay Side Kitchen and Bath, Jet set elders, Summer Cool nights clothing, Casual Chic Set, Date Night, Celtic Lands, All of the Future Shock Content, Edwardian Kitchen, Loads of Laundry, Fairy Folk Slumber, Loud Clash and Fast Bed and Attire, One with Nature, Level Up Collection, June 2011 compilation, Waning Moon, Nautical Living, Hollywood Regency, Muse Luxury, Through the Spy Glass, December 2011 Compilation, Finest Living, Finest Dinning, the Coffee Bean Hipster Loft, January 2013 Compilation, Blast from the Past, Gothique, Muse Luxury Hollywood Regency, and the Now and then Manor.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All of the worlds

Some of my favorite colors are: I really enjoy colors on the “cool” end of the color spectrum like greens, blues and purples however, I like all colors. For example I think red is amazing accent color.

I really don’t like this color: There really isn’t a color I don’t like but would prefer something that isn’t overly Neon unless it really suits the sim or lot.

I love to use items from this set: Bayside Kitchen is my favorite kitchen set, I like the variety of cabinets that come with it and they seem to suit a lot of different styles of kitchens with the use of create a style. I really love some of the Aurora Sky's decor pieces like the wall shelves with lots of clutter on them. I also really like the ultra lounge sets, bohemian gardens, brunch at the old mill, one with nature set, coffee bean Hipster loft (the love seat from this set is probably my favorite piece of seating in the game), nautical living, bay side kitchen and bath and the boardwalk set

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: The EA world I play in most is Lucky Palms but I play mostly in a custom world. If you design something that fits the aesthetic of Sunset Valley or Starlight Shores it will suit the world I play in very well. I also like Moonlight Falls and have getting more into Hidden Springs Lately. I also like Lunar Lakes and Dragon Valley to change up my game play a bit.

I enjoy this style of build the most: I like a variety of builds really. I like modern and older construction. My favorite is a mixture of the two, for example one of my favorite builds I have made is a farmhouse that has been “renovated” to be a mixture of contemporary and vintage design. I also love really nice landscaping and if it’s a home I prefer it to have some clutter but with enough space for a sim to easily move around. I also love water features in homes and public lots.

I really don’t want this in my game: Mummies, ultra modern homes lacking any color or warmth, and most of the content from sweet treats content aside from the candy containers and the Jessica Rabbit style dress.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: For public lots any size works but for a home please nothing bigger than 50 by 50.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Id prefer to not have berry sims that are supposed to be humans. To better explain I am fine with fairies, mer sims, aliens etc with berry skin tones. I am also fine with berry Sims that are technically humans by game standards but are designed to be a fantasy sim such as elven sim with pointy ears and berry skin.

I want/don’t want occult sims: All occults are good for me except for mummies. The only reason I don't play with them is because of how slow they walk. My favorite occults are fairies, genies, mer sims, vampires and aliens.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: All pets are fine. I prefer cats and dogs over horses though due to their issues with routing sometimes.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? A few skill points are fine for story purposes but I enjoy skilling my Sims up myself.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Any skills are fine, would prefer if they suit the sim's backstory/personality. A couple of skills in cooking would be nice if you are going to give them skills.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? Not really anything in particular unless it suits a sim you made to go with the build or the build itself. Like an easel being in an artist style loft. Some room to place some skill items would be nice though.

Other: Would love a Showtime themed lot to go into Lucky Palms, Like a casino with a performer stage for example. I always like new genetics to go into my saves. Some families with children and teens for my sim kids to interact with would be amazing, some interesting elder sims would also be nice. A new houseboat would also be fun. I'm always looking for fun places for my Sims to go, clubs and restaurants for dates and fun family friendly lots for my families to go to.

At the end of the day I really love to see some creativity and for the buddies’ personality to shine in the creation. If there is something you are really wanting to try making or something you are really passionate about making Id love to see that even if it doesn't really fit with my letter. I am sure anything you build I will love. Often times my favorite creations are ones where I forced myself to make something different than what I would normally like and have fallen in love with it after it was done because it was different.

~ end of form ~
    Post edited by Catdog123 on
    Siggy_4.jpg
    Hello and welcome back, @Catdog123 :)
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    How I wish I could join you all, but I'm sure I'll still be stuck on this tablet even after the gifting is done. Hope I can participate the next time around. One thing I can certainly handle is pushing the rec button! Can't wait to see all the wonderful gifts!
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    How I wish you could join us too, @suzses !
    Am considering doing one for the holidays (December, maybe) so perhaps you can participate then. **fingers crossed**
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Lovin' the buddies letters so far ;) While we wait for some more lets all enjoy some munchie and crunchies .......

crunchy-munchies-collage21.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Awesome to see old faces and new faces alike! Buddy letter list updated! <3
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited August 2017
    Strange, I could have sworn that I posted something in here earlier. Either the site ate my post or I forgot to hit the post comment button :wink:

Lovely to see another fabulous gift exchange up and running! I haven't opened the game on my computer in a little while and we've had a few interesting computing shenanigans but if I can see that my game works well and uploads work fine, I'll definitely join :smile: Either way, I'll be sure to admire all the amazing creations!

Edit: Upon trying to post this, I noticed this little pop-up complaint: 'Invalid CSRF token. Please try again.' Perhaps that's why my earlier post didn't post. I better keep a close eye on things actually posting on the site...
    **fingers crossed** that your computer shenanigans settle down and you're able to join, @XxHannelorexX

Yes, I've noticed that same pop-up complaint from time to time in the last couple of days, even when I am trying to "like" a post. Hopefully it will settle down so things like sending Buddy names can go smoothly.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    (... peeks around the corner ....)

Hi, count me in I had fun last time I'll have to do an updated buddy letter as I'm on a different pc these days, which means less content installed ... hubby's pc is temperamental :p

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    It is currently in the high 70s - low 80s here so ...
    hello-august-summer-picture-1406011725g48nk.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top