Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sunlit Tides Surfing Academy

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    How sad that Luna knocked Lilinoe back for the Prom :( The kids' formal outfits look great :) Good luck with the pianist, Lilinoe!
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    edited December 2017
    Wednesday, the fourth day of winter and prom day

In the morning, in the crowd at the entrance to regular school, Lilinoe finds herself standing just next to her ex Luna. She pretends not to see her and pretends to be fascinated by the rain.
    cjHWmft.jpg

Another beautiful rainbow forms over the island.
    5bke1Gl.jpg

Matiu ignores the heavy rain and spends the morning at a fishing spot with Rascal.
    GxtGEp3.jpg

The teens come back from school and work on their homework as quickly as they can. The dance will start at six.
    UTL7sJv.jpg

Some of them manage to catch a quick nap, so that they don't feel tired during the dance.
    QFVBFFb.jpg

William is awoken from his nap by his date Oliana, who has arrived a little early.
    gwH0Dgq.jpg

They change into formal outfits, feeling excited.
    3az6afn.jpg

Soon they are all sitting in the limo. Ruru and Mindy are going together, and Jeanette and Valiant are going together as well. Lilinoe is dateless, but glamorously dressed and determined to enjoy herself.
    gJqduBG.jpg

And so she does! She dances, has fun, and is announced Prom Queen!
    ifq5VSY.png

To add to her satisfaction, even her unfaithful ex Luna thinks she looks great and tries to make a move on her.
    idhdoAX.png

But Lilinoe isn't going to make the same mistake twice - she keeps checking out other people instead.
    hKWRcxJ.png

Another happy moment: William is announced Prom King. It seems that the Surfing Academy students are very popular in their regular school!
    maXegGA.png

As they leave the school after the dance, there is a light snowfall, very rare on the island. A perfect ending for the day!
    GC5DL3P.jpg

The six return to their boarding school tired, but with a sense of accomplishment.
    Still, they can all feel a tinge of melancholy: this was their last outing together as teens. Lilinoe will age up to YA tomorrow, and the others will soon follow. They will all stay at the boarding school and learn to surf until summer, but they are still aware that an exciting period of their lives is coming to an end.
    5Hvdljn.jpg
    Post edited by PalmArrow on
    Thursday (fifth day of winter and Snowflake Day)

Snowflake day doesn't start well: during the after-breakfast cleanup, both the dishwasher and the kitchen sink break.
    Fortunately, all the students have the handiness skill, so it quickly gets taken care of.
    BatYNej.jpg

After breakfast, it's time for Lilinoe to age up to young adult.
    d7mXcwp.jpg

D6JPs3f.jpg

Probably confused by their friend suddenly becoming taller and more mature than them, Valiant and William start showing off their Sim Fu moves to impress her by this macho display. She is not impressed!
    hgiwoyn.jpg

It is raining outside. On Surf Point Beach, a flea-ridden stray cat has taken shelter under a bench.
    3rcLMAV.jpg

William goes to the beach to feed the cat a treat and brush it. That doesn't help with the fleas; actually, William gets infected with fleas too and has to take a shower.
    kkOtT7p.jpg

Matiu starts preparing the Great Hall for Snowflake Day celebrations. The furniture is moved to make room for a gift-giving rug, a buffet table is brought in, and a welcoming fire is lit in the fireplace.
    2LB2Ghb.jpg

The students change into festive clothes...
    nHEzWWm.jpg

... and gifts are placed in a pile on the rug.
    CM1ODit.jpg

The townie guests start to arrive. (The guest in the wet white shirt is Siddhartha Rose, the pianist Lilinoe met in a bar a few nights ago. Now, as a YA adult, she would be able to flirt with him, but unfortunately he doesn't stay long at the party.)
    U8x3980.jpg

Matiu invites everyone to come and take their presents.
    kIVtklK.jpg

04qngBr.jpg

One by one, the students and the guests approach the pile and find a gift with their name on it. Almost everyone is delighted...
    7QU2B2H.jpg

5gW6afq.jpg

TLMKLly.jpg

William gets two guitars! He already has a guitar, so he will sell them both and buy a drum set.
    w9x3npE.jpg

Matiu is the only one disappointed with his gift: he got a plush animal.
    x6MetIM.jpg

After the presents it's time for dinner. William brings a plate to Oliana. The two of them have gone from romantic interests to boyfriend and girlfriend during yesterday's prom, and today they both seem a little awkward (although not at all regretful) about this.
    ts2QWiX.jpg
  • funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member

I just love The Sunlit Tides Surfing Academy. This story is what made me decide to buy Sunlit Tides! I sure hope you'll find time to update at some point. Thanks for sharing your story. :)
    This story is what made me decide to buy Sunlit Tides!

@funkeeferret , this is an incredible compliment, thank you! I hope you'll enjoy the world! I'm definitely going to keep returning to this story until it's finished.
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    This story is what made me decide to buy Sunlit Tides!

@funkeeferret , this is an incredible compliment, thank you! I hope you'll enjoy the world! I'm definitely going to keep returning to this story until it's finished.

@PalmArrow, this is so good to know. I always love your colorful pics too! :)
    I haven't had time to check out Sunlit Tides yet, but can't wait to fire up my game and do just that.
    edited February 2018
    Friday, the sixth day of winter.

It was Jeanette Collins's turn to age up to young adult. She woke up feeling excited.
    5sWccVE.jpg

She had breakfast with her fellow students as usual, but when the school bus arrives, she wasn't going to board it.
    ykIWUOq.jpg

While the others were cleaning up after breakfast, she suddenly grabbed her boyfriend Valiant Vanderburg and kissed him.
    2mv5ZPd.jpg

Valiant was surprised, but he understood very well what she was thinking: until he ages up as well, it would be illegal for the two of them to kiss!
    8lHi8JR.jpg

Everyone gathered around Jeanette and cheered as she transformed into a YA.
    oCvneju.jpg

She seemed pleased with her YA looks - and the others thought she looked great too. Just look at William's face in this picture!
    Yoi5rT9.jpg

The school bus arrived, and now there were only four teens to board it. Lilinoe and Jeanette stood in front of the boarding school with Matiu and Rascal to see their friends off.
    CMlqK66.jpg

What a strange sense of freedom! There was no regular school to go to, but they were not expected to get jobs yet - all the students would live at the boarding school and take surfing and diving lessons until the end of spring. The two girls were free to go wherever they liked.
    dXe8I0g.jpg

Their first choice wasn't very adventurous, though: reading skill books at the library, because it was raining too hard for the beach or any other outdoor activities.
    TDDqtqS.jpg

The rain just wouldn't stop. I loved the sight of this wild horse running along the beach in the rain:
    41FJ8S1.jpg

When they had enough of studying, Jeanette and Lilinoe went for a refreshing drink at the Hot Spot.
    EaRbncK.jpg

Jeanette noticed two space rocks nearby. She has gained three levels in the Science skill, so she tried to analyse the rocks.
    7nSy5Zd.jpg

It didn't work, though. Maybe her science gadget was broken?
    UGUzN52.jpg

She felt frustrated, but determined to learn more about Science.
    bhpBZPY.jpg

Back at the boarding school, the other students had by now returned and started working on their homework. Ruru didn't actually have to write homework because he too would age up the next day, but he did it out of habit.
    Tvcevdr.jpg

Lilinoe and Jeanette returned to boarding school too, and while their friends were doing their homework, they took down all the Snowflake Day ornaments.
    vmBHBeX.jpg

In the evening everyone changed into their best clothes, because Lilinoe and Jeanette decided to treat their fellow students and their teacher with drinks at the Serenity Retreat exclusive lounge.
    42lUqBX.jpg

dzfZQ44.jpg

There was a bubble bar upstairs, and some of the students decided to try it.
    69C5TBF.jpg

The bubbles made them all giggly and giddy.
    UunHn1b.jpg

Lilinoe was more interested in listening to the pianist. His name was Siddhartha Rose, and she had met him while she was still a teen and on the rebound from her unfaithful girlfriend Luna.
    This was the first time she saw Siddhartha play the piano. He seemed to pour all his emotions into his music.
    EO0Ir4K.jpg

During a break from playing, he went to greet Lilinoe - he recognised her and was very glad to see her.
    KZbm43F.jpg

Everyone had a great time that evening. (It's probably for the best no one was tempted to try the roulette table. This lady, Talei Hale, wept loudly when she lost!)
    VZYF2TB.jpg

@PalmArrow Oh, it's so nice to see a Sunlit Tides Surfing Academy update! :smiley:
    Lol, William's reaction to Jeanette's transformation! Priceless! What a great expression!
    I love how you make it so much like real life, by letting it rain, instead of sunshine and smiley faces every day.
    I think now that some of the kids are young adults, spending the school days taking surfing and diving lessons sounds good to me. Hopefully they will get a chance to do that, come one sunny day. :sunglasses:
    Beautiful pic of the wild horse on the beach.
    Love the outdoor bar. Makes me want to go there and have a drink! Also nice to see all the tropical prints, especially when it's winter here.
    Nice job making the 'taking down the Snowflake Day ornaments' look so realistic. It made me wonder for a second if there really was a 'take down the decorations' action, lol.
    Love the bubble bar.
    The emotional pianist - awesome. Looks like something's brewing between he and Lilinoe.
    Thanks for the update. I really enjoyed it and your pretty pics, as always. :smile:
    Thank you, @funkeeferret ! :)

I set the weather in my Sunlit Tides save using NRAAS Tempest to make autumn and winter into rainy season because I didn't want my sims to be able to go to the beach every day - I would soon get bored of that - but also because I think rain and fog make Sunlit Tides even prettier, even more tropical.
    In the "taking down Christmas ornaments" Jeanette was actually doing that idle animation for the Genius trait where it looks like they're solving a problem on an invisible blackboard. It looked perfect for what I wanted, so I quickly paused and moved her with MOO.
    Saturday, last day of winter. (Part 1)

A double birthday was celebrated at the boarding school in the morning: William and Ruru were about to age up to young adults. That meant chocolate cake for breakfast!
    gpcHN7n.jpg

Ruru was the first to blow out the candles.
    hm8Eevx.jpg

4ap9XyB.jpg

William was next (by accident he looks really tiny in this last picture of him as a teen):
    tqbaqaY.jpg

47DwEWI.jpg

While they were eating the delicious cake, William overheard an intriguing conversation between Lilinoe and Ruru.
    15IZzN1.jpg

"Ruru, were you planning to do the midnight firewalk? Because I'm definitely doing it, and I'd like to do it tonight."
    "That's perfect!" Ruru said. "We can go together, and invite the others along."
    8KOyzQ2.jpg

William asked Ruru what they were talking about.
    "It's a Sunlit Tides tradition, a coming-of-age ceremony. You have to spend a night on the volcano and, in front of witnesses, walk on hot embers at midnight. Then the next day you get tattooed, and you are officially considered an adult."
    G14hiu5.jpg

Without thinking twice, William said: "That's incredibly cool! Do you think I can do it too, even though I wasn't born in Sunlit Tides?"
    vpNP0uu.jpg

"It doesn't matter where you were born. It's a ceremony that makes you part of the island society. What matters is, do you want to stay here?"
    Su83Ihi.jpg

Ruru's words gave William something to think about. School would be over at the end of spring, and he had no proper plans for the future. Should he return to his family in Isla Paradiso? But his best friends from Isla Paradiso were actually here with him - and his girlfriend was here...

Outside, the heavy rain continued. Rascal was getting acquainted with a new friend, a dog gnome that appeared outside the boarding school overnight.
    1zIPcyY.jpg

William called his girlfriend Oliana. She had aged up a day before him; they were both anxious to see each other as young adults for the first time.
    eXhpIky.jpg

They briefly met in town and exchanged birthday presents - and couldn't keep their eyes off each other. They were both very clearly pleased with what they saw!
    PmskfwZ.jpg

William noticed a tattoo on Oliana's arm. "Does this mean you did the midnight firewalk?"
    Oliana's face lit up. "You know about the ceremony? Yes, I did, and it was scary but thrilling!"
    r05Mr8A.jpg

William then met Ruru, Lilinoe and Jeanette at the sports equipment shop - he and Jeanette agreed to be witnesses to Ruru and Lilinoe's ceremony, and they needed sleeping bags, a tent and a portable firepit.
    GB0TZnp.jpg

Saturday, last day of winter. (Part 2)

To be awake and alert for the ceremony, Lilinoe and Ruru took afternoon naps in the dormitories.
    vmydxAb.jpg

Meanwhile, William went across the street to Surf Point beach, where a stray cat had been living for days now.
    RXtMciv.jpg

He brought food for the cat, and placed a cat bed inside the beach hut - the poor kitty had been sleeping on a bench in the rain.
    2oWsnZL.jpg

Evening came, and it was time to go to the volcano.
    Matiu trusted his students enough to loan them the school van. He didn't go with them, though - the ceremony was a test of courage they had to go through alone.
    cPha1Jf.jpg

They drove as far as they could on the serpentine roads that lead up the volcano.
    hlSTHdj.jpg

Then they had to leave the car and continue through the jungle on foot .
    Z300eR0.jpg

The island looked so fragile viewed from the volcano, a tiny piece of land surrounded by ocean and rain.
    3QDm0Wt.jpg

Finally they reached their destination: the peak of the volcano, with the skull-like face of a fire god carved into it.
    aIyJg98.jpg

They used their portable firepit to warm up - they desperately needed this!
    QZ5kCZ1.jpg

While they waited for midnight, Lilinoe told everyone a scary story about the fire god and his volcano.
    xHuYGuD.jpg

She was a good storyteller and William and Jeanette, who never heard the story before, were hanging on to her every word.
    pIRePLl.jpg

Suddenly William screamed, because he heard footsteps behind him.
    EeaW8tH.jpg

But it was only Cyrille Lynch, the local paparazzo who liked to stalk the Surfing Academy students when he had nothing else to write about. He was annoying, but harmless.
    8N1zouX.jpg

Finally, midnight came. Lilinoe was the first to walk on hot embers. She did it without a moment's hesitation.
    qMjTj7v.jpg

"Yay! I did it!"
    LZ4BZxm.jpg

Ruru was actually a little bit scared when he started, but thankfully nobody noticed.
    px1wnOh.jpg

But he finished with a proud swagger.
    wePfpzG.jpg

The two friends congratulated one another. The hard part was over!
    QqurOVm.jpg

It was time to get ready to sleep - although William and Jeanette were so relaxed now, they even had a pillow fight before finally falling asleep.
    IEtgfJH.jpg
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    Thank you, @funkeeferret ! :)

I set the weather in my Sunlit Tides save using NRAAS Tempest to make autumn and winter into rainy season because I didn't want my sims to be able to go to the beach every day - I would soon get bored of that - but also because I think rain and fog make Sunlit Tides even prettier, even more tropical.
    In the "taking down Christmas ornaments" Jeanette was actually doing that idle animation for the Genius trait where it looks like they're solving a problem on an invisible blackboard. It looked perfect for what I wanted, so I quickly paused and moved her with MOO.

Oh, that's a great idea about setting the weather like that.
    So that's how you got Jeanette to look like she was taking down the decorations. Clever!

Saturday, last day of winter.
    Well, no one can argue with chocolate cake for breakfast! :yum:
    Gotta say I love those tropical bedspreads too!
    William and Ruru aged up very nicely! Aw, pretty kitty cat. Love the idea for the ceremony and the kids having to buy their supplies.
    And those pics of them traveling to the volcano... so realistic! Love all of them, especially the one where they're walking up the volcano in the dark with their umbrellas. Great camp out pics!
    Yeah, lol, leave it to the dang paparazzi to find you out in the middle of no where. ;)

Great job ~ I love it! :smiley:
    @funkeeferret , thank you very much!

The pattern on the bedspreads is one of my favourite patterns, but I have to use it sparingly, otherwise everything would look the same! I found it on the Exchange, here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8814035

Looks like William has some big decisions to make.

Thanks so much for the link to the pattern. Very helpful. It's lovely. :)
    Sunday, first day of spring. (Part I)

After an uneasy night spent in a tent in the rain, the four young people sleeping on the volcano woke up to a clear morning.
    dKEMM5Z.jpg

The view of the island down below was magnificent.
    jIzAcDE.jpg

Hi1tGTZ.jpg

There was one more thing to be done to complete Lilinoe and Ruru's coming-of-age ceremony: a visit to the salon.
    bv0ae9y.jpg

They would choose tattoos inspired by dreams or thoughts they had the night of the ceremony.
    Vvf89oo.jpg

Lilinoe had a tense dream about the Kraken battling the Sun.
    sSpc8Uy.jpg

She got a sea monster tattooed on one arm, and the Sun on the other, and was very pleased with the result.
    PcEJg6C.jpg

Ruru couldn't remember any dreams, but he was imagining going fishing at night under a clear, starry sky.
    ZmOAC3U.jpg

He asked for a fish tattoo on his chest, and stars on his back.
    lqHcd93.jpg

hQhxGSj.jpg

The four returned to the boarding school just in time for breakfast.
    gY0EFy4.jpg

After breakfast, Matiu had an announcement to make to his students.
    AysFhcS.jpg

He told them he was engaged to his girlfriend Noelani, and they were all invited to their wedding on Love Day.
    4EA463q.jpg

Meanwhile, the local beach looked very inviting in the sunshine. The stray kitty William had been feeding was staring at its empty plate.
    D8whMGb.jpg

William hurried to the beach and filled the plate.
    Iplo7RK.jpg

Matiu, Lilinoe and Ruru used the wave stations - finally, good weather for surfing!
    MzXCspF.jpg

kEYLsL8.jpg
    Sunday, first day of spring (part II)

After feeding the stray kitty on the beach, William had an international phone call.
    u5RlW8g.jpg

It was his parents, calling from Isla Paradiso to wish him a happy birthday.
    eNsbLlJ.jpg

After they exchanged greetings, William carefully mentioned the subject of his future life. He told his mother he was considering staying in Sunlit Tides.
    P2M7Xii.jpg

Molly didn't sound surprised.
    "If Sunlit Tides is where you see your future, you should stay there! I left my home in Sunset Valley as a young adult and traveled for a while until I settled in Isla Paradiso. Your father and I would rather you lived closer to us, but we will support you in your choice."
    PGb43FP.jpg

His parents' support didn't make William's decision much easier. But he didn't have to make it at once.

He swam out into the deeper water with Valiant, Mindy and Jeanette, and they practiced snorkeling together while the rest of their friends surfed.
    eN7Lc7F.jpg

jWwbTZV.jpg

The sunny day was so inviting, the beach was full of townies. Even Cyrille the annoying paparazzo gave up on stalking the students and went for a speedboat ride instead.
    Vg3UPxS.jpg

Intoxicated by the sea and the sun, Ruru and Lilinoe didn't notice in time that aggressive seals were circling around them.
    ftuKRV4.jpg

I didn't catch the moment of the seal attack, but this was Ruru's face the moment after it happened:
    wNH7fCp.jpg

They would have to buy new surfboards. Their old ones became garden decorations:
    b1wJEzn.jpg

Rascal took advantage of the sunny afternoon too, practising his hunting skill. He found a maple leaf and a snake skin.
    BRXHzym.jpg

After everyone returned to the boarding school, prepared and ate supper, William invited Oliana on a date at the fusion lounge.
    dLr8SqD.jpg

They spent the evening cuddling and making out on a sofa in a private compartment.
    qiwFFpp.jpg

Wu4dpAE.jpg

Oliana was one of the reasons William wanted to stay in Sunlit Tides, but he didn't want to mention this to her just yet. In spite of being very much attracted to each other, they didn't really know each other that well, and William didn't want to scare Oliana away by mentioning serious life decisions too early.
    b9fdJzi.jpg

@PalmArrow So nice to see another update! :)
    Love the photo of the 'island below' view.
    Nice idea with the inspirational tattoos.
    I had a sneaky feeling William's thoughts would go in that direction, but
    I suppose time will tell. He looks so much more grown up now.
    Oh, lol, Ruru's expression says it all, along with the battered surfboards. There's
    so much of my game I need to explore, especially in island life.
    William and Oliana make a cute couple.
    And of course, as always, I love your photos!
    Monday, second day of Spring.

A beautiful rainy dawn.
    z2ovzQO.jpg

The only two teens left in the boarding school, Mindy Hamada and Valiant Vanderburg, took the school bus for the last time. Valiant would age up today, and Mindy the next morning.
    00v1yFJ.jpg

The stray cat William had been feeding and befriending wasn't on the beach today.
    iiq3Vxl.jpg

I placed a Feline Welcome gnome in front of the Academy, hoping it would return for a visit.
    5PyzPWh.jpg

The rain meant no surfing, so the young adults in the household ran various errands.
    bNEFzKp.jpg

Ruru and Lilinoe needed new surfboards - their old ones were destroyed by seals. To earn some money, Ruru accepted an opportunity to fix the plumbing at Riku's Luau Diner...
    eB0Z6W6.jpg

... while Lilinoe collected eggs at the Spring festival. She found a fancy egg more than twice the value of a surfboard.
    IQGVwY9.jpg

Meanwhile, William bought a drum kit and spent the morning practicing...
    0wUUvz5.jpg

... and Jeanette worked on her science skill at the Science Lab.
    ALY5b7x.jpg

Her expressions were hilarious to watch!
    M1VPcJ5.jpg

Having earned enough, Ruru and Lilinoe bought shiny new surfboards.
    98HXD97.jpg

The rain stopped and the sky started to brighten.
    MlueHxx.jpg

William gained a skill point in Drums, and so did Jeanette in Science.
    edyvpxb.jpg

When Mindy and Valiant returned from their last day in school - both on the honour roll - Matiu drove everyone to the sport bar. Valiant was going to celebrate his birthday there.
    zsdSnkh.jpg

DvQg4Nk.jpg

Happy birthday, Valiant!
    OTI4SoP.jpg

His girlfriend Jeanette was finally able to kiss him again.
    74gyoE5.jpg

By then the sky had cleared, so everyone went to the beach.
    I5X9gtw.jpg

U2kvFwr.jpg

They all surfed or snorkeled until the moon came out.
    EFitgEx.jpg

It looked as if Valiant and Mindy were trying to jump over the moon on their surfboards.
    NxVxcRF.jpg

RpsTGjs.jpg
    Tuesday, third day of spring (part 1)

It was finally time for Mindy Hamada, the youngest of the six students, to become a young adult like her classmates.
    m6NbIog.jpg

teGxNh8.jpg

MGVAFPI.jpg

After finishing the birthday cake, Matiu and the students gathered on the beach just as the sun was rising.

GTPi7RK.jpg

niIiTp7.jpg

Matiu led the way to the surfing stations. William and Jeanette followed.
    7aBk0Ij.jpg

This was embarrassing! William fell off his surfboard so badly, he actually sank into the sand on the ocean floor. Thankfully, nobody noticed.
    Yfbt7b5.jpg

He saved face by leaping out of the ocean like a superhero.
    dSGP4qJ.jpg

"Yay! I landed back on my surfboard!"
    6m00y8b.jpg

Jeanette didn't seem to have noticed anything.
    eGL7OkF.jpg

Valiant, Mindy, Ruru and Lilinoe were snorkelling in the deeper water and looking for shells.
    b1gasxn.jpg

Another good move by William:
    9hXKTa8.jpg

Mindy, the birthday girl, wanted to sell her shells and buy a better camera to advance in the Photography skill, so everyone else donated their shells to her. Together they were worth a little more than 300 simoleons.
    OdCC77w.jpg

Not a lot of money -- definitely not enough for the Hikon QX40di Gladiator - but selling the shells and her old ChannonTek Outlaw gave her enough for an underwater camera.
    FeJBZMQ.jpg

When everyone returned to the boarding school for a midday rest, Mindy flirted with her boyfriend Ruru. It had been too long since they were able to do this - Ruru had been among the first of the six to age up, Mindy was the last.
    aKZZmMZ.jpg

Ruru and William rolled wishes to form a band at the same time, so they immediately formed a band together. they are called The Children of the Ocean, and so far there is only Ruru on guitar and William on drums.
    2BpkuYH.jpg

The Children of the Ocean had their first jam session in public right away, under the palms on Pirate's Beach.
    fOXXLPB.jpg
    Tuesday (third day of Spring), part 2

William and Ruru's jam session on the beach was successful - they earned some small money, and a jogging townie stopped to take a photo.
    27h8YHK.jpg

After the midday break, Matiu and the students met on the shore and swam to the beginner diving spot, the Forest of Kelp.
    YV4sW21.jpg

By now everyone had at least three skill points in diving, and the Forest of Kelp wasn't a dangerous place. still, Matiu warned the students to return to the surface if they experience any discomfort.
    Su7BjB8.jpg

As they were swimming around the tall kelp, William noticed a red-finned shark and caught it.
    OBzdgmv.jpg

They met their old acquaintance, elder mermaid Brook. Mindy talked to her about kelp recipes and snapped an underwater photo of her.
    3a6KAyh.jpg

They scuba-dived until sunset, then resurfaced.
    Nyp2udX.jpg

kvuucwd.jpg

It was time to swim back to shore.
    OLJr9yI.jpg

They returned to the boarding school tired, but in excellent mood.
    zkLpwPg.jpg

While Jeanette prepared supper for everyone, Ruru and Mindy watched the stars together.
    IdahVtJ.jpg

They returned inside just in time for sushi.
    EFsoPgi.jpg

Almost everyone bathed and went to bed early, to soothe their aching muscles. But William asked his girlfriend Oliana to meet him at the Hideaway.
    He had been thinking a lot about his future, and his mind was now made up. This was a conversation he didn't want to postpone.
    p94yJCI.jpg

"You know, Oliana, when I came to Sunlit Tides I thought I was just going to graduate from the Surfing Academy, and then return home to Isla Paradiso."
    qjL1eap.jpg

"But I don't want that anymore. Sunlit Tides has become my home, and I want to stay here."
    H3pVNBO.jpg

Oliana was delighted. "I never said anything because I didn't want to put pressure on you, but that's exactly what I was hoping you would decide!"
    wRMhF9w.jpg

"I'm so glad you said that, because you are the biggest reason I want to stay!"
    lruMmam.jpg

They embraced with relief - the question of their future had been hanging unspoken in the air since they became young adults, neither of them sure if the other wanted this to last.
    William returned to his dormitory so tired he could barely stand on his feet, but he couldn't remember ever feeling this happy.
    7FL8x9a.jpg
    Wednesday, fourth day of spring

William woke up early and prepared breakfast for everyone.
    k1iE8YC.jpg

The morning was rainy...
    XhYNpo8.jpg

uP6mfrK.jpg

... but it didn't matter, because this wasn't a morning for the beach. It was time for all the students to go to the City Hall and receive their regular High School diplomas!
    gpOfiGf.jpg

One by one they changed into their graduation gowns and entered the building. Matiu went with them to watch the ceremony.
    wWudAk9.jpg

Only Rascal remained outside. he hunted to pass the time, and found a snake skin.
    gO6B0EQ.jpg

After a few hours the students emerged from the City Hall, diplomas in hand. They also got special awards - William got "Most likely to have a large family".
    4maArz8.jpg

A group photo with Matiu:
    ZrCHIJn.jpg

When they returned to the boarding school for their midday break, William called his parents on sim-Skype. He wanted them to see him in his graduation gown.
    NPKkvSA.jpg

He also told them he made his mind up about staying in Sunlit Tides. Molly and Bruce were not disappointed - they were expecting this decision.
    k0vaxAi.jpg

Molly told William they were going to transfer his part of the inheritance to his account, so that he can buy a house in Sunlit Tides.
    She had just one condition - she asked William to immediately invest in some real estate, so that he can have a source of income if his scuba diving and music don't turn out to be profitable.
    William promised he would do this.
    FFu9Lqa.jpg

Meanwhile, Matiu went to check out the Emerald Tides resort. Tomorrow would be Love Day, the day set for his and Noelani's wedding, and the resort was their chosen wedding venue.
    The resort looked a little sad in the rain...
    xn7ikY8.jpg

... but two townies were just getting married, and they were happy and oblivious to the rain. This gave Matiu a good feeling for tomorrow.
    wRp5lmK.jpg

When the rain stopped, the students ran to the beach to use the surfing stations.
    77MakGt.jpg

ENk8zqA.jpg

Later, when they were cleaning up after dinner and getting ready for sleep, William felt an unexpected tinge of sadness.
    It was almost over - Only two days, and he and his five friends wouldn't be living together any more.
    GvGZE1f.jpg
    Thursday (Love Day), part 1

Love Day, the day set for Matiu and Noelani's wedding, started with promising, sunny weather.
    X7Tbjao.jpg

Matiu picked up Noelani and went to the Emerald Tides resort early. The students would join them around midday.
    Uv1AJKb.jpg

I saw a smaller animal outside the Academy with Rascal and hoped it would be the stray cat William had been feeding, but it was just a raccoon!
    oyxIbwR.jpg

Around noon the students took a taxi to the resort.
    "Hello! We are here for the Henare/Koi wedding."
    "Welcome to the Emerald Tides resort! Your rooms are in the resort tower. The wedding will start at 1 PM."
    6U208jd.jpg

They changed into formal clothes and took their seats in front of the wedding arch.
    LCRvoYR.jpg

The bride and groom arrived in an excellent mood.
    FFCEuiQ.jpg

They exchanged rings and said their vows.
    e63Acsl.jpg

During the ceremony Rascal arrived - dogs can't check in to a resort, so I just had him visit the lot.
    aiT63nG.jpg

KsnPPTV.jpg

QeG7A5O.jpg

After they congratulated the bride and groom, the students gave them some privacy - they would all meet again at dinner.

William, Mindy and Valiant went to the shopping centre to look at some real estate ads. They had been discussing this - all four Isla Paradiso friends wished to stay in Sunlit Tides after they graduate from the Surfing Academy.
    4MUJMRm.jpg

Many of the houses on offer were luxurious villas...
    iJueubw.jpg

... but there was also a good choice of small, affordable houses - exactly what they were looking for.
    XCacXpo.jpg

zYU3RT8.jpg

wVBUR6K.jpg
    Thursday (Love Day), part 2

The bride and groom had drinks at the resort bar.
    OqZIAU7.jpg

The students spent the afternoon windsurfing.
    q5ZoctF.jpg

QJxiodg.jpg

The sky was just turning pink when the newlyweds decided to retreat to their suite.
    bbsnH2N.jpg

3VM2tiN.jpg

CKf8Sp5.jpg

When the students stopped windsurfing, I located each of them at a different point in the ocean and had them swim back to shore and return to the resort.
    AkRnxhU.jpg

J83JMsQ.jpg

Just in time for the dinner buffet, and then a refreshing sleep in the resort tower!
    U220F0b.jpg

HCkWeJ4.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Awesome pictures. It's nice to see them all here together.