Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone lost hope for future eps?

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2017
    Karallyne wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    No matter how many times you try to twist it, you can't deny it...The Sims 4 expansion packs up until now have been very underwhelming.

Here's my opinion, twisted around to make it look like a universal fact. What a good point to start a discussion on.

Uhh, it isn't an opinion. :expressionless:

Also it is called an introduction, if you are convinced it isn't a fact, tell me how The Sims 4 has set the bars higher than The Sims 3 packs /shrug
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    There is hope as far as gameplay being added but as far as editing tools such as lot creation, neighborhood creators and apt creation tool (just Shells and also the ability to built apts in other neighborhoods) not so much hope there.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2017
    nope
    you guys are really into that doom and gloom stuff and I'm just over here like whatever B)

That comment was highly unneccessary

I mean so is this thread but that's besides the point, isn't it? I don't recall a rule saying all posts and threads had to be necessary.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2017
    No matter how many times you try to twist it, you can't deny it...The Sims 4 expansion packs up until now have been very underwhelming.

Here's my opinion, twisted around to make it look like a universal fact. What a good point to start a discussion on.

Also it is called an introduction, if you are convinced it isn't a fact, tell me how The Sims 4 has set the bars higher than The Sims 3 packs /shrug

The "statement" you made was that all of the expansion packs were underwhelming.
    If the packs were underwhelming to you that's fine, but let's not go around calling our own feelings the law. You don't speak for the rest of us as to whether they were underwhelming or not. I found city living underwhelming, but enjoyed GT and GTW (when it was working). It has not a shred of anything to do with the sims 3.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Well, to be honest; Yes, I have lost hope that EP's will improve.

I think the Game Packs are nice, because they focus more on a certain theme and go more in depth.
    EP's however, I think feel really shallow and a little gameplay. The problem I see with EP's is, is that they, indeed, seem to have a problem with the budget.

I didn't like Get Together because the only thing it really included was a Clubs System, and that was it when it came to really new gameplay tools.
    When it comes to City Living, I like the world, it looks nice, and it really has a city atmosphere. HOWEVER; it seems that most of their budget went into creating the world, so other stuff had to suffer.

Again lots of gameplay opportunities missed, and also when it comes to creative freedom, City Living didn't offer that much. It still annoys me they couldn't even provide animations for a simple elevator. It still annoys me we aren't able to build our own apartment buildings.

So I am really curious what they will do with the Pets EP next.. Because Pets is already a heavy thing to create (they need to create new models, animations, implement a Create A Pet tool and so on) I wonder how much the actual gameplay is actually going to offer, and if the whole EP is ending up shallow again.

At this point I am not even hoping anymore. I'll just wait and see what happens.

I wish they would calm down with the SP mania for once. A lot of the budget they are (in my opinion) wasting on SP's they can better put in GP'S and EP's.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    nope
    you guys are really into that doom and gloom stuff and I'm just over here like whatever B)

I mean so is this thread but that's besides the point, isn't it? I don't recall a rule saying all posts and threads had to be necessary.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If there was such a rule, majority of the needless drek on the activity feed and discussion forums would've been axed for violating the "necessity rule."
    nope

The thread isn't pointless
    /shrug

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    City Living was horrible Get to Work is unplayable retail is so basic I'd pretty much say the only expansion that felt like a expansion to me was Get Together only because of its club feature is something that expanded the game working within all the worlds. The other expansions content was locked in a world of its own, created for us giving us no way to create ourselves, rehashing base game content or just very scripted. I just hope pets are fleshed out and not all about their jobs and we are robbed from getting actual game play once again it would be 3 out of 4 expansion being about leaving the actual world to play mini games.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'll feel very deflated if something pets or seasons related isn't the next EP, but I still have hope as they're such popular packs.

I'm glad the stuff I want is popular. If I wanted something obscure I'd be far less hopeful.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have and I haven't.

On the one hand, I think the game is improving (albeit slowly) and GPS have been pretty good. EPs, not so much (I still can't believe we've only gotten 3 EPs so far and that it takes them SO LONG to make them even though they have 1/3 of the content of any TS2 or TS3 EP).

BUT, and here's the problem for me: at this rate the game would need approx 10 more years to be anywhere near TS2 or TS3 in terms of meaningful content. So I've given up hope that we'll get everything I expect from a sims game (college, seasons, proper vacations, cars, fame, etc.). And that's why I have given up on this game.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I think for me I have to see how they've handled EP 4 or "Pets" this time around. So far this year has been great content wise even the bowling and fitness packs didn't put too much of a damper on the community. For me, I think the EPs are lackluster 1) Because of the addition of GPs and 2) EPs were so gameplay heavy before TS4 so now most of the EPs feel half full. Who knows? Maybe we'll be surprised.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think that most players have lost hope anyway.

i mean three years on and the game does not even have doorbells yet! :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

The "statement" you made was that all of the expansion packs were underwhelming.
    If the packs were underwhelming to you that's fine, but let's not go around calling our own feelings the law. You don't speak for the rest of us as to whether they were underwhelming or not. I found city living underwhelming, but enjoyed GT and GTW (when it was working). It has not a shred of anything to do with the sims 3.

Again, you haven't stated how GT & GTW have surpassed TS2/TS3 in terms of content and quality. There is a difference between better & enjoyable

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited August 2017
    Oh - did I tell you that I thought all Sims 4 expansion packs are underwhelming for me and Sims 3 one's are better? When? Where?
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    me   
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I haven't found any EP to be underwhelming, each EP brought something new for me to do and experience. The one EP I'd say to be somewhat underwhelming would be the Get Together EP only because it's only really new feature was the club system, even then I got a lot of value from this EP using the various new items, gameplay objects, skills, and of course the club system. It just adds a layer to the sims in my worlds I haven't seen before in previous games. I love hosting club gatherings and playing around with the system to see what kind of clubs I can get going, I also love seeing other clubs host their gatherings around the worlds and see how their behaviour and actions differ from everyone else's.
    The Sims 3 eps introduced at least 2x the amount. I really want the next one to meet standards but it will probably be more excuses.

When you say 2x the amount of content what exactly do you mean by this? Are you talking about things like CAS items? Build/Buy Mode objects? Gameplay Objects? Gameplay? I'm really lost when you say this because I honestly really don't understand what you mean.

In general haven't lost hope at all, I have enjoyed each pack I have purchased so far, yes every now and then there would be that little thing that just kind of boggles my mind making me question "why would they do that, or why didn't they add that in?" Like the elevators from city living that you mentioned, but a lot of people are treating these little things as if that's what the pack is about and that's what makes or breaks the pack.

I must ask, what sims pack has ever been perfect? I haven't been around the forums since the Sims 3 days but I'm certain that whenever a pack was released for the Sims 3 there would be a group of people that say it's no where near the quality of Sims 2 packs and complain about the pack to no end.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I lost hope on the entire sims 4 team.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ohepiohepi Posts: 64 Member
    So far the EPs for Sims 4, compared to all previous games, have been huge disappointments with a couple of features just neat enough to make me keep playing (that and because I mean, it's Sims...I can't stop playing). It's like they had some great ideas that just...did not get fleshed out and then there's the fact that whoever makes the decisions about such things keeps on removing things I loved. I know that's just a personal thing, of course-- but this is my personal opinion right? So I'm allowed to say, I PERSONALLY am annoyed by some of the things that keep changing.
    ohepi: simming since age ten!
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Let's ask Hugo.

"Hey Hugo, are we getting Pets for TS4?"

Hugo:
    "Sim!"

Thanks Hugo - he is from Brazil.

Problem solved.

384% of Simmers are slobbering for Pets and will be happy when they arrive - even 3 legged Pets will make people happy.

I want a dog - I will call him Barney.

Hugo wants a budgie - he will call him Barney. His real-life budgie is called Barney.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Sorry everyone in the forum but I'm going to scream
    NEVER WILL I LOSE HOPE!

Well because for one we don't have pets, seasons, and uni. Those are the big main EP I'm looking forward to seeing. Also we need another Vacation so a Vacation EP will be much appreciated.
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Let's ask Hugo.

"Hey Hugo, are we getting Pets for TS4?"

Hugo:
    "Sim!"

Thanks Hugo - he is from Brazil.

Problem solved.

384% of Simmers are slobbering for Pets and will be happy when they arrive - even 3 legged Pets will make people happy.

I want a dog - I will call him Barney.

Hugo wants a budgie - he will call him Barney. His real-life budgie is called Barney.

what is u smokin
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I can't remember that TS has ever been so boring like in the past weeks. I'm happy for family players, but I can't find much substance in Parenthood. I really hope they surprise us with something overwhelming soon.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm so sad to finish to say this but I think with TS4...we really can't have what we want in our game. It's EA who choose what they're want in our game and not the players and this is very sad...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    NEVER WILL I LOSE HOPE!

Well because for one we don't have pets, seasons, and uni. Those are the big main EP I'm looking forward to seeing. Also we need another Vacation so a Vacation EP will be much appreciated.
    At the rate of 1 expansion a year you will only have to wait till 2020 for all those expansions to come out, well if they are all the expansions lined up to be coming and Sims 4 actually continues on that long... keep hope alive!
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    NEVER WILL I LOSE HOPE!

At the rate of 1 expansion a year you will only have to wait till 2020 for all those expansions to come out, well if they are all the expansions lined up to be coming and Sims 4 actually continues on that long... keep hope alive!

That's exactly my problem. I want seasons and uni. I need both for my game to be complete. And both need to be EPs since they are pretty big and game changing and doubt they can be made into a GP. We're getting pets this year. So, at this rate, we could get seasons in 2018 and uni in 2019 and that's assuming they don't decide to release other EPs in between or release Ts5 and leave this game incomplete forever.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top