Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How will preteens work/look in the Sims 4

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    The issue here is that you can fill the gap between adults and elders with make up, the right clothes, wrinkles, age appropriate hairstyles and clothes etc. But there is no way to do that with the gap between children and teens. No matter how "teenish" you dress your sim children they still look like children. And no matter how young you dress your teens they still look 16 at least.

exactly my point
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    The issue here is that you can fill the gap between adults and elders with make up, the right clothes, wrinkles, age appropriate hairstyles and clothes etc. But there is no way to do that with the gap between children and teens. No matter how "teenish" you dress your sim children they still look like children. And no matter how young you dress your teens they still look 16 at least.

exactly my point

Little who knows but Vlad the vampire in game is set to "young adult", but he looks at least 600000 years old (a little over-exaggeration here).
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Falynios wrote: »

since apparently you aren't reading and this is just going in the same circle over and over again, I'll just quote myself from earlier as well.
    The face and hair is one thing, but with the way elder bodies look and the way they behave in game, they do not feel anywhere in that age range to me.

Also, I made a video for you of my elder sim casually walking around Willow Creek in her swimming suit. She looks better than most 20 somethings on the beach in Florida.
    https://youtu.be/zI7WRfELJjs

• Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    edited August 2017
    Since apparently you don't want to read/listen/think/be creative...

You know you can manipulate sims body in CAS as well as facial features?
    You know you can straighten their backs and give them a different more youthful walk style?

She doesn't look more than 60. (and elders are 60 +)

She doesn't look 60 to me she looks 70. Especially when you get her in game and watch her grab at her aching humpback every other second. You can't fix the elder humpbacks no matter what you do with the sliders. It's not about creativity.
    My point was not that you can make elders look 50. (You can't. They're 60+)
    Never said it was.. what was that you mentioned about learning to read again?..
    My point is that you can already make adults look middle-aged, so there's no point for a middle aged life stage since adults are middle aged.
    So this argument only works when it's about adults, but those who use it in the context of preteens are just wrong because...reasons. Right? Is it honestly surprising that people don't like you preteen folks and your silly, twisted arguments?
    PS: learn to read.
    Remember kids, when your intelligence runs out (and that didn't take very long in this case), resort to insults. ;)
  • Options

since apparently you aren't reading and this is just going in the same circle over and over again, I'll just quote myself from earlier as well.
    The face and hair is one thing, but with the way elder bodies look and the way they behave in game, they do not feel anywhere in that age range to me.

Ugh.. He/she thinks my body cant be hot.
    tkwETP5.png
    But Dannis Kim deffo finds me hot.
    Qigw0qE.png
    Yeah! I'm definitely awesome no matter what they say!
    001Tme1.png

• Options
    edited August 2017

You know you can straighten their backs and give them a different more youthful walk style?

She doesn't look 60 to me she looks 70. Especially when you get her in game and watch her grab at her aching humpback every other second. You can't fix the elder humpbacks no matter what you do with the sliders. It's not about creativity.
    Never said it was.. what was that you mentioned about learning to read again?..
    My point is that you can already make adults look middle-aged, so there's no point for a middle aged life stage since adults are middle aged.
    So this argument only works when it's about adults, but those who use it in the context of preteens are just wrong because...reasons. Right? Is it honestly surprising that people don't like you preteen folks and your silly, twisted arguments?
    Remember kids, when your intelligence runs out (and that didn't take very long in this case), resort to insults. ;)

I had a post about kids above. Kids are prepubescents. And teens are postpubescent. We don't have a stage that would fall in the middle of puberty.
    And you started with the insults. I only repeated what you said to me.

And I have no idea how 70 years olds look like where you're from. But you might want to look up on google what 70 years olds look like on average.

• Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Maybe a more realistic approach would be to make our current children a bit taller and older.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    edited August 2017
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    Maybe a more realistic approach would be to make our current children a bit taller and older.

The problem is that they are not going to change a feature after it's been released because it might 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off players that like that feature the way it is.
    It applies to everything. Teens... Kids... Apartments... Acne... Elevators... Retail system.

I would be completely satisfied with shorter teens, but that's just not going to happen.

• Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Yeah. And now that the member is banned, I'm surprised these threads are still open.

I noticed that person was banned as well, I was wondering why they weren't popping in here with a reply or 2 more often, now I know why :D
    I am wondering though, if wanting pre teens in the game will continue with people starting new threads talking about it or if people will just let these threads die after a while?
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Maybe for The Sims 5 then. I doubt we will ever get height sliders or multiple amounts of heights per life stage (though that would be amazing <3). I don't think the developers should just go and shorten teens because they look too old, because a lot of teens are very tall, but still look youthful. I have a couple of ideas that could make aging transitions smoother between child and teen without creating any new life stages, but some would require 1 or 2 extra heights. These could be possible for the future of Sims 4 but also could be for Sims 5. Doubt any of them will actually happen though.. :(
    A. Make children older (About preteen ages, 10-12), and taller
    B. Make children older (About preteen ages, 10-12), taller, and go through puberty. Sims going through puberty will get taller, their voices will change, and their bodies change.
    C. Make teenagers shorter, but then go through puberty and grow to the height they are now. Their body and voices will also change.

Mafia Stats

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    love the thought of preteens. We often don't get any new major additions to the game, excluding toddlers, and at the same time we do have a slow rate of production for packs.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

WpKCeWL.png
    53dMZxu.png

And here is her as an adult (she looks 50-ish)
    OKqNEJm.png

It takes 1 minute. 1 minute per sim. 1. Minute...

You got to do more than just hair and make up to make an adult Sim or even an elder for that matter to not look old nah like I said personally it will take to much time just to make a Sim you want the age to be. I would like middle aged but more so with Sims 5. Pre-teens is the topic right now and that gap needs to be filled.
  • Options
    You can fill in the gap yourself. It takes 1. Minute. A. Sim. You just click on their face, go into facial features, add in some wrinkles, and maybe change hair color and makeup. That is it. A middle aged life stage would be a BIG WASTE OF TIME.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Even if there were to come a new life stage you'd still have to go into CAS to change clothing and stuff, right? So what's the real trouble here, then? It's not like this new life stage with middle-aged adults would automatically make your sim exactly how you want them to be.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    You can fill in the gap yourself. It takes 1. Minute. A. Sim. You just click on their face, go into facial features, add in some wrinkles, and maybe change hair color and makeup. That is it. A middle aged life stage would be a BIG WASTE OF TIME.
    The main point of a middle-aged stage, IMO, would be for *features*, not looks. But that may be putting the cart before the horse a little. Where child--teen has a much more drastic gap in human development/growth, middle-aged is arguably a more solid case for being a situation where you may as well give middle-aged features to the adult life stage, or where it's more important to flesh out adults as a distinctive stage first.

But I'll admit I find it a little bizarre to vehemently argue against any specific life stage being added. It only really makes sense from the standpoint of "time will be wasted that could be spent on other things" and I tend to have faith in Maxis to figure that part out for themselves. Cause I mean, when we're talking about a life simulation and life stages, if you remove the nature of limited time and resources from the equation, I can't see any justification for not having age progression that is as detailed and nuanced as possible to fit with real human progression as much as possible. The only argument I can see in that context is the potential for making things boring, but that's kind of a black hole argument that has no end, as peoples' versions of what fun is differ and you don't even know until a feature is tested whether it came out at all fun to use, so theoretical argument concerning it could going on endlessly with no clear conclusions.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2017

The problem is that they are not going to change a feature after it's been released because it might plum off players that like that feature the way it is.
    It applies to everything. Teens... Kids... Apartments... Acne... Elevators... Retail system.

I would be completely satisfied with shorter teens, but that's just not going to happen.

Except they do this quite often. There are a number of features that EA changed after the fact *cough* Aliens *cough so I don't see this as the issue. I'm still plummed that they changed how the photo album works, the Never Weary trait, and scrambled TVs when fast forwarding.

Yeah, EA doesn't seem to care all that much about plumming players off that like features as is. The irony is that when they change something they usually make it worse instead of better.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Look at my previous post with screens. I wasn't talking about dressing elders to look 50. I was talking about dressing adults to look 50.

You can dress adults to look 50, sure. I still don't see anything in the 50-70 range. The face and hair is one thing, but with the way elder bodies look and the way they behave in game, they do not feel anywhere in that age range to me.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, clothing in this game is sorely lacking for "younger" looking teens and "elderly" looking elders.
    Sadly, for some people there isn't really anything they can do about this, they just have to hope that EA will add more diverse clothing in the future packs they release. The reason being is that not everyone likes or wants CC in their game. I am a big CC fan/user so I don't have this clothing problem, even if there isn't a lot of CC clothing for elders, you can usually find some really nice dresses, pants/tops and outfits made for adults that look good on elders as well.
    Post edited by Jagwithtude on

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    @PrincessVee You actually managed to give mild aging to Sim. But you had to make modifications to the CAS. This bothers me. Currently my main family has 113 members, spread across Newcrest and Willow Creek. Imagine if every time I needed to open CAS to change my Sims' characteristics?
    @lilonesub Maybe your experience is this, but it has not happened in my family, for example, as it does not happen in several others. Anyway, for a game it would be interesting to create these visual differences.

You are correct about the height difference and that not all families have tall "pre teens" this is why I added that "I could only speak for myself."

@PrincessVee did use CAS to show you the different wrinkles in face detail that you can add to your sims but if I am not mistaken, those wrinkles and body sagging are automatically added to your sim as they age up from YA to adult, adult to their middle adulthood, middle adulthood to elder, so you wouldn't need to bring any of your 113 sims into CAS to add wrinkles.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    love the thought of preteens. We often don't get any new major additions to the game, excluding toddlers, and at the same time we do have a slow rate of production for packs.

I wonder if this series is actually going to go on for 8 years.
    It's going to need to in order to get a fair number of expansion packs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds