Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adding Wall in Basement Removes Paint

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
If I paint some rooms and halfwalls inside a basement, then add a new wall inside the basement this removes the paint from what I already painted. I paint as I go, this is annoying. Adding more rooms or walls inside a basement shouldn't remove what was painted on a different wall and room inside the basements.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
  • Derpy_Rainbows21Derpy_Rainbows21 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > Does this occur in all the homes in your game? Try testing in another home and see if the same thing occurs.

I have a question . How do make a post like this ?
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > Does this occur in all the homes in your game? Try testing in another home and see if the same thing occurs.

I have a question . How do make a post like this ?

Hello @Derpy_Rainbows21
    Welcome to the forums!
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

If you have a game issue you are welcome to post on this link thread for new members
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues
  • Derpy_Rainbows21Derpy_Rainbows21 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Derpy_Rainbows21 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello
    > > Does this occur in all the homes in your game? Try testing in another home and see if the same thing occurs.
    >
    > I have a question . How do make a post like this ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Derpy_Rainbows21
    > Welcome to the forums!
    > There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    >
    > If you have a game issue you are welcome to post on this link thread for new members
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues

Thank you :D Also I am making a legacy challenge so please check my account soon if u want to give it a try x
    > @rosemow said:
    > Derpy_Rainbows21 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello
    > > Does this occur in all the homes in your game? Try testing in another home and see if the same thing occurs.
    >
    > I have a question . How do make a post like this ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Derpy_Rainbows21
    > Welcome to the forums!
    > There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    >
    > If you have a game issue you are welcome to post on this link thread for new members
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues

Thank you :D Also I am making a legacy challenge so please check my account soon if u want to give it a try x

You're welcome :) It is special that you are making a legacy challenge !
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @rosemow, this seems to be a problem with having walls not forming a 'box' you know just like a divider and some half walls. I really can't go find out if this happens on multiple lots but I will keep that in mind, when I try to test if it is for every lot or not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @rosemow, this seems to be a problem with having walls not forming a 'box' you know just like a divider and some half walls. I really can't go find out if this happens on multiple lots but I will keep that in mind, when I try to test if it is for every lot or not.

Did you use any cheats to place items on the walls? Sometimes this causes things to be removed when placing new things.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Did you use any cheats to place items on the walls? Sometimes this causes things to be removed when placing new things.

No. I never use cheats other than to use the career rewards in game while building. This used to happen when game was first released, looks like it has returned.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member

No. I never use cheats other than to use the career rewards in game while building. This used to happen when game was first released, looks like it has returned.

Could it be that you decorated the walls with objects first and then put the wallpaper? That was the bug that occurred during the release. If so, I think it will be good to put wallpapers up first instead of putting up decorations. I do this and so far I don't have the problem. Not too sure about basements and half walls tho.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif

Could it be that you decorated the walls with objects first and then put the wallpaper? That was the bug that occurred during the release. If so, I think it will be good to put wallpapers up first instead of putting up decorations. I do this and so far I don't have the problem. Not too sure about basements and half walls tho.

No, I painted some half walls on one side of the room and then decided to build a new room inside the basement on the other end of basement and as soon as you start with the first wall all the paint gets removed from the other walls and half walls on the other end.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @Cinebar could you possibly post a couple of screen shots that show the layout in your basement - like a before & after shot would be good. I could then try to reproduce the issue in my game.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @BryonyRae, sorry I don't use picture services. I put the house on the gallery in case you want to look at the basement. It's called Memories of Home. If you remove the stuff on wall in basement, then remove the one tiny wall slat (as a divider down there) and redraw that wall you will see (in my game) it removes the paint from the half walls I built to look like a fenced in area. I tested this like ten times, and my game has this problem I don't know if anyone else's will.
    It's possible it's one of those land problems with the lot that causes this to happen in my game.
    @cinebar I will take a look. In case it is lot related, which lot were you using?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @cinebar I will take a look. In case it is lot related, which lot were you using?

Hey, thanks, I can't remember but think it was in the cheap area of WC.

Which wall tool are you using? I have better luck with the Custom Wall / Basement tools.
    wall_t10.jpg

No, I mean once the basement square is built and I add walls into the interior to start to build other rooms inside the basement it will remove any paint on the other walls already completed inside the basement. It may be lot related. I haven't went back to try to build on different lots since that would be a huge ordeal to just test all over the game.
    @Cinebar I downloaded and tested your lot. First, I noticed that the part of the half wall facing out (towards the HVAC) was not painted. I went ahead and painted it, then deleted the wall you mentioned and redrew it. I did not experience the wall paper changing, but I noticed you had some additional areas with half walls, and I decided to test in those areas also. I picked the one adjacent to the HVAC area and placed a wall over the half wall. That did indeed revert the paint on the other half wall as well other half walls in the room (the outward facing portions of them - interior portions remained painted). I reverted the change, and then, instead of using the wall tool, I used the room tool to draw over the half wall. That did *not* cause any paint to be removed.

If you could, try making your desired changes to the area using the room (or half wall enclosure) tool and then deleting walls you do not want, and see if taking that approach preserves the wall paint. I think that the game may be defining that basement area as one big room (due to the half walls) and thus treating some changes made to it as redrawing a part of the room (which typically does obliterate wall styles). It seems like odd behavior, but it may just be a flavor of what we've had all along, and I'm not sure that it isn't by design. I'm going to tag @SimQARobo who can maybe give us an answer on that.
    edited August 2017
    Thank you @BryonyRae for taking time out of your day to test that lot for me! I was going to draw a room inside that basement but after the paint kept disappearing by just starting to draw a full wall part, I decided just to add the decorations (last) and gave up on the basement before I uploaded it. I really appreciate you investigating it and finding there is a problem with paint dissappearing. Thank you!
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    edited August 2017
    @BryonyRae @Cinebar

This doesn't seem like it's by design. I've added it to our list.

Thank you.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    @BryonyRae @Cinebar

This doesn't seem like it's by design. I've added it to our list.

Thank you.

Thank you!