Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"The sims 4 can't have cars. Cars are useless without the open world"

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
So I was talking about the things I want in the sims 4. One of which was cars. The first comment I got was:
"The sims 4 can't have cars. Cars are useless without the open world".
The sims 2 had cars and it worked just fine without the open world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKCPYPRlF1o
6JSxk49.png?1
Post edited by wolfkomoki1 on

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't care about the car, sorry, but those winter sounds.... Ahhh!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Several Sims 4 lots don't have access to a road, especially in Windenburg.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    While I think cars would be nice to have for decoration purposes, I don't think I'd get much personal use out of them. My sims in TS2 rarely had cars and I mostly had my sims travel via taxi or carpool in TS3.
  • Options
    24Lunaa24Lunaa Posts: 62 Member
    I think cars would be nice, but not necessary to sims 4. if anything, the methods of transportation I want are horses and dragons. Now that would be fun.
    Gallery ID: 24Luna
    Check Out My Gallery!

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sims 2. Had cars amd no open world and they worked out well. So yeah i agree. I liked having garages attached to houses. Cant make my house wothout one.
  • Options
    So that video showing people how cars worked got me a community guidelines strike. The reason? "Inappropriate content." Um what? How was that inappropriate?
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    So that video showing people how cars worked got me a community guidelines strike. The reason? "Inappropriate content." Um what? How was that inappropriate?
    You should email EA and ask them "what the heck?" That doesn't make any sense.

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I always thought cars in The Sims 2 were silly. Your sim got out, got in and puttered away to the end of the lot. I don't miss that sort of thing, much like how I don't really miss the elevator animations. With The Sims 4 it is understood that you catch a cab or something and you are spawned in and out of lots without lengthy vehicle animations or 45 minute elevator rides.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2017
    it depends on what your opinion of "working just fine" is
    cars poofing into thin air doesn't work just fine for me, at least not in 2017
    and if they're gonna do that I'd rather they just not be there
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    sounds like a valid argument to me.
    just because something worked decently enough to please us in 2007 doesn't mean it'd be the same now. Instead of wasting time making cars that don't fit half of the game's worlds (or reworking those worlds to make cars usable) they could just be working on something else, that actually fits this game and not sims 2.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    sounds like a valid argument to me.
    just because something worked decently enough to please us in 2007 doesn't mean it'd be the same now. Instead of wasting time making cars that don't fit half of the game's worlds (or reworking those worlds to make cars usable) they could just be working on something else, that actually fits this game and not sims 2.
    Loading screens like back in 2007 seem to be working in Sims 4 cars will be just fine. Depending on the world or lot location taxi's could be used in cities cars for homes or bikes in Windenburg.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    TS2 cars we're an amazing addition to the game, you could interact with the car in many ways, and my sims disappearing in thin air is so immersion breaking. Usually when a guru asks us what we think about something is already a hint that is already in works so...
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I hate stuff packs, but a car stuff pack would be amazing. Cars were a grea money sink and nice luxury item.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Jeez The Sims 2 was ahead of its time.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I totally miss cars. Obviously, they wouldn't be needed for travel purposes. But as a new skill, fixing up cars, a place to woohoo. If they are able to connect to roads, that's great, too!

Doesn't need a pack of its own but as a throw in somewhere. Plus, the nostalgia!
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    > @Kurotard said:
    > Jeez The Sims 2 was ahead of its time.

> @Crueltivity said:
    > TS2 cars we're an amazing addition to the game, you could interact with the car in many ways, and my sims disappearing in thin air is so immersion breaking. Usually when a guru asks us what we think about something is already a hint that is already in works so...

I could kiss you two right now cause you are so right.
  • Options
    HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    edited August 2017
    Invalid. I've seen this kind of discussion happen over and over and No. Those kind of comments are so wrong in so many level. We had so much more smaller world in Sims 1 and Sims 2, they had cars. Sims 4 has a wide neighborhood, more than sims 1 and sims 2 had.

Besides, creativity has no limit so why are they trying to limit their imagination? In All-Holy-Sacred-Ultimate-Most-Perfect-Sims 3 they truly worship, they allow user to put a car on 3rd floor and it somehow use-able, user can also own a car without a garage (yes, put it in sim inventory), so what stop them from being in sims 4? Nothing. Only their imagination stops them from seeing how a car could work in sims 4.

Their designer is so much more professional and creative than a mere casual gamer, just leave it to their creativity and stay tuned.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So I was talking about the things I want in the sims 4. One of which was cars. The first comment I got was:

Cars could still work in TS4 by using the teleportation system. You could see them driving off till they hit a loading screen then they could either drive in or fade into the location you need them to go to.
  • Options
    TS2 cars we're an amazing addition to the game, you could interact with the car in many ways, and my sims disappearing in thin air is so immersion breaking. Usually when a guru asks us what we think about something is already a hint that is already in works so...

Very possible since that car pack that was listed on the survey that it is in the works.
  • Options

Video is unavailable.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Cars make sense to have in any Sims game; closed world or open. Regardless of the set-up of the world in the game, it's vital for the developers to create a world which immerses us, and feels believable.

I just don't feel THAT immersed in TS4's worlds. I would 100% sacrifice all my game saves if it meant they could overhaul the worlds in a way which would promote more immersion and more depth to these worlds we have. Perhaps it could be done by splitting the game into two versions; one before a huge world overhaul and one that is actively developed following such an update.

Personally, as a long-time player of all of the games, it felt TS2's developers were constantly trying to create an immersive life simulator which was constantly pushing the boundaries of the tech they had at the time. This is largely different from the feeling I get from TS4, where it feels as if the developers are just playing it safe, and banking on objects which simply carry new animations and no true gameplay depth. Not to criticize the individual two development teams, in fact, many share the same developers. But that's just how the games translate to me, as a player/fan of the franchise.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Cars make sense to have in any Sims game; closed world or open. Regardless of the set-up of the world in the game, it's vital for the developers to create a world which immerses us, and feels believable.

I just don't feel THAT immersed in TS4's worlds. I would 100% sacrifice all my game saves if it meant they could overhaul the worlds in a way which would promote more immersion and more depth to these worlds we have. Perhaps it could be done by splitting the game into two versions; one before a huge world overhaul and one that is actively developed following such an update.

Personally, as a long-time player of all of the games, it felt TS2's developers were constantly trying to create an immersive life simulator which was constantly pushing the boundaries of the tech they had at the time. This is largely different from the feeling I get from TS4, where it feels as if the developers are just playing it safe, and banking on objects which simply carry new animations and no true gameplay depth. Not to criticize the individual two development teams, in fact, many share the same developers. But that's just how the games translate to me, as a player/fan of the franchise.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    That's not the problem, it's the route. Because Sims 4 has such a varied landscape, many lots aren't attached to a road.
  • Options

Video is unavailable.
    You can thank YouTube for that. They removed it and gave me a community guidelines strike for "inappropriate content".
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Lesfem420Lesfem420 Posts: 32 Member
    I agree, i liked having cars in the game. I'd like to build garages onto the house, but would make no sense for me with no cars :(