Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Merging custom content

Why did I not do this sooner!!! It was really affecting my gameplay, the game would constantly freeze,lag, even opening up the social interactions menu would take time making the game so un-playable. I mean it would take 15 minutes to load game and get to my household on a good day if I deleted loads of cc.

Now it's merged I can't believe how fast it is just wish I had done it sooner.

If your like me and having cc is affecting gameplay merge your cc will be so much faster. I don't have mega loads of cc but it ran as fast as if I had no cc installed at al".

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    But if one piece off cc breaks or you want to remove it, you're screwed.
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    Not really I don't add game mods to it I just do clothes hair makeup objects which don't break
    Plus I can keep a separate folder with all the cc linked so i can just delete the merged folder delete the dodgy cc reemerge cc and add to game :)
  • Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    So, how do you 'merge' content?
    Using sims 4 studio look on YouTube for tutorials
  • Raven4SimsRaven4Sims Posts: 6 New Member
    i dont even get what that mean, you mean merging all the cc that have nothing to do with each other?
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Not really I don't add game mods to it I just do clothes hair makeup objects which don't break

Not necessarily true, the cc you mentioned can and does break with new patches, I had a tattoo mess up my CAS columns. I have lots of cc 3000 package files, I just rename it taking out ( ) and add _ instead of spaces in the names, my game loads 5 min tops and loads my households pretty fast as well. it is much easier removing cc with S4S when it is not merged.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Personally from experience in the other games I wouldn't merge custom content files. Yes, folders inside a custom content file can cause the game to slow down, but if you have better RAM there shouldn't be a five minute wait for any game to load. I think some don't really pay attention to how many polys each piece of custom content uses. Example: If a hair style is 5,000 polys you might want to avoid it. I don't know what Maxis uses for TS4 as the basic size of polys for TS4 hair etc. I haven't tried any cc in this game other than some carpets before we got more earthtones. So, if some things have really high polys the game (all of them) take a huge hit on performance to render high poly content. Especially, if it's something that has to be rendered 24/7 and if you don't have a super pc. Best advice, stay away from high poly content like too many polys for a hair style etc.

And if the creator isn't telling you how many polys their creation has, avoid them, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.