Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Garden of Roses Collab Legacy [Spots Open]

minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
Hello hello, I was wondering if anybody wanted to start a legacy challenge together (start off with the same sim) and see how their lives turn out? I've got the idea from another discussion on this forum* and I thought it'd be fun!

*Link here: forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/920362/start-a-legacy-challenge-together/
http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/922972/robinson-collaborative-legacy-official-thread-2-0#latest

I've always been super keen on the idea of parallel dimensions, and I feel like this is a great way to explore the concept in the Sims! :)

So this sim below is the sim I've prepared for this legacy challenge, her name is Rose Carr:
08-05-17_2-15-11c2a0am.png?w=768
Her backstory in my version of the legacy is that she's grown up at an orphanage since she was a baby and doesn't know where she comes from or who her parents are.

When she becomes a young adult this story starts.

It is time for her to leave the orphanage, and the night before, she receives an anonymous letter.
Inside the letter, there's some cash ($1,800) and directions to a lot.

She's a bit bewildered at the strange letter, but she has nothing to lose.
She leaves the orphanage and heads on over to the lot.

ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c3.png?w=768

At the lot, she sees the "Knight of the Octagon Table" decoration and another letter in the postbox addressed to her.
The letter says that she's been chosen to be the founder of her own legacy, and gives a set of rules she has to follow*.

ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c4.png?w=768
ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c5.png?w=768

She blinks slowly, reads the letter twice more, and finally smiles to herself.

She always dreamed of having a family, and this letter is offering her this huge lot and even some cash to make her dream come true - she accepts!

ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c1.png?w=768

The lot I've used is Desert Bloom Park in Oasis Springs - I've bulldozed it and changed it into a residential lot, and since the lot was a tad bit more expensive than the budget she was given, I used the freerealestate on cheat to move her in.

Then, after I've gotten the "Knight of the Octagon Table" decoration, I changed her money to $1,800 :)

ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c2.png?w=768

I've personally wanted to do a legacy challenge in Oasis Springs, but you're free to use the 50*50 lot in any of the worlds.

We can share screenshots, stories and updates about the legacy, and even gossip about heirs/potential mates in the comments!
So... what do you think? Anyone wants to join? :)

I've uploaded Rose on the gallery under the hashtag #RoseCarr or find her via my Origin ID: minjee_kang
I've only used base game + the first two expansion packs on her, but you are free to give her a makeover if you'd like!

Succession Laws*

Equality - Both boys and girls are eligible for the title of heir.
Exemplar - (Trait: Cheerful) Any eligible heir that has this trait will gain the title of heir.
If a single generation has no children with this trait or more than one exemplar, there will be a vote to determine the next generation heir.
(Random Trait Generator)

For more information on Sims 4 Legacy Challenge Rules

+ I'm going to be quite flexible about the succession laws, but you can be as lenient or as strict as you like - you can also do whichever succession laws you find fit to your legacy! You're free to give feedback on any other rules of the game :)

Collaborative Legacy

By collaborative legacy, we mean that the participating simmers will actively take part and share our experiences while doing this legacy challenge. We'll be starting off with the same founder 'Rose Carr', update our progress and screenshots, add potential friends/partners of the heirs to the gallery to share, and the participating simmers will hold votes on heirs, partners for heirs and etc.
Post edited by minjee_kang on

Comments

• minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    edited September 2017
    Garden of Roses Participating Simmers

@minjee_kang Link here: minjee_kang's Rose and my Rose's family tree is here
    @Gigglecake Link here: Gigglecake's Rose and her Rose's family tree is here
    @jazzyrocksoul88 Link here: jazzyrocksoul88's Rose and her Rose's family tree is here
    @panthergirl2 Link here: panthergirl2's Rose
    @SoulGal7 Link here: SoulGal7's Rose
    @Emug18 Link here: Emug18's Rose
    @Wolfsbs Link here: Wolfsbs's Rose
    @cmbaker16 Link here: cmbaker16's Rose

And newcomers are always welcome :blush:<3

paradisefound.jpg
    *'Paradise Found' by Collin Bogle link here
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    I am working on the Robinson Legacy Collab right now, but would love to take part in this a bit later. Your sim is really cute. I think I would like to do a scored legacy the next time. Anyway, sounds great!
  • GigglecakeGigglecake Posts: 114 Member
    I'm working on the Robinson legacy, too... but... nobody said I couldn't do another collaboration, too, right? *Play all the Sims* *Play ALL the legacies* That's me. lol
  • jazzyrocksoul88jazzyrocksoul88 Posts: 72 Member
    I would love to participate! But haven't become a full member yet. Can I still post links?
    Be sure to check out my rendition of a Spirit Animal Legacy/Traditional Legacy Challenge Combo!
    33%20Precious%20Saraste%20and%20Ame%20Pic_zpszjgpsupi.png

The Saraste Tales Legacy Intro
    Happy Simming!
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    I am working on the Robinson Legacy Collab right now, but would love to take part in this a bit later. Your sim is really cute. I think I would like to do a scored legacy the next time. Anyway, sounds great!

Thanks! :) Wish you luck on the Robinson Legacy and hope to see you back in the future :)<3
    Gigglecake wrote: »
    I'm working on the Robinson legacy, too... but... nobody said I couldn't do another collaboration, too, right? *Play all the Sims* *Play ALL the legacies* That's me. lol

Haha of course, PLAY ALL THE SIMS! <3 I've just been a bit caught up with real life at the moment, but if you'd like to post about your progress, feel free to do so on this discussion :)<3
    I would love to participate! But haven't become a full member yet. Can I still post links?

I'm glad that you're participating! Of course, feel free to use this discussion to post your progress :) You can post things now and edit them later on when you become a full member I think! :)
    edited August 2017
    Welcome to Rose's humble lot day 1!
    Obviously, she couldn't afford to have walls all around her things - but I think she's quite content with her home :)
    I'm looking forward to building this home into something nice and cozy for the next generation!

ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c16.png?w=768
    ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c19.png?w=768

I'll post my progress on my WordPress here, feel free to check it out!
    edited August 2017
    I'm just playing Rose, and she's had quite an exciting day! The first bit of a legacy challenge is always the most challenging, and I haven't played one in a while so I'm a bit rusty - but I think Rose is doing well :)
    She's gone out to explore the town, and had her very first adult drink :)
    ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c43.png?w=768

And of course, she's met a few potential partners as well!
    ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c34.png?w=768
    ec8aaceb9dbcec9db4eb939c36.png?w=768
    @minjee_kang Oh! Regarding succession laws, I think we should do equality (can be strict or not strict) and exemplar! Future generations must all be cheerful. It's a cheerful family! :)
    edited August 2017
    @Gigglecake Ooh, I was just going to ask about that! You read my mind :) Equality sounds good to me and I like the idea of a cheerful family! :) For me personally though, I think if I have more than one exemplar, I might vote on it instead of following the First Born rule hehe ;) Now I can't wait for my Rose to start having kids! Thanks for the feedback <3 I can't wait to see more Roses and how they handle this legacy!
    Oooh, voting sounds fun! I might do that, too!
    @Gigglecake I know right? Hehe but I need a few kids before that happens, and Rose is taking her time :) She hasn't even picked a donor yet! I hope you become a full member soon, so we can share screenshots :)
    I have a blog, so I'm taking screenshots, and I'll probably upload things there. :)
    @Gigglecake Ah cool :) Can't wait to see! Here's me being too lazy to set up a blog for my legacy hehe :blush:
    @minjee_kang Man, slim pickings on the male young adult front... So far, I've met Akira Kibo, Travis Scott, Caleb Votare, and Diego Lobo... None of them really strike me as Rose's type. The only other ones I know of are Johnny Zest and Don Lothario. Pretty sure Don isn't Rose's type, either. Johnny Zest could be Rose's type, but I'm already playing a kind of legacy thing and Johnny Zest is a husband for that person.

Soooo... question.... Could I make Rose gay and adopt babies instead?
    @Gigglecake Haha I have the same problem, Rose met the townies and also the sims that I've played before/sims I've added to broaden the pool... but I don't know if any of the boys are her type! So yes, sure! Her choice in partners and their sexual preference is up to you! :) Although I'm a bit sad that her genes won't be preserved if she adopts... maybe you could have children between her and her girlfriend/wife? I know in the sims 4, you can do that without using mods and stuff? Anywho, it's up to you! I've got to go find my Rose a nice, heir-maker sim as well :)
    @minjee_kang Awesome! I'm totally going to do that, then. I think I know just the perfect Sim, too. Hmmm.... I think I might know how I can do that. Although, chances are good, the baby would probably end up skipping the baby phase and be a toddler instead. But hey, that makes sense, too. An adoption that still has Rose's genes. Perhaps being poor and everything, she donated some eggs and by a stroke of fate has discovered that the child her and her eventual wife (Rose seems like the marrying and settling down type) had is actually her real, biological daughter!
    Or son. Oh, yes! It should be son because equality. I think I'm going to alternate. :)
    @Gigglecake Haha awesome blossom <3 I love that storyline! Very creative, yet very possible! I'm getting invested in your Rose :)
    https://sarastesims.tk/
    This website is basically wordpress. Please let me know what you think! Thanks for creating Rose! It's already super fun!
    Be sure to check out my rendition of a Spirit Animal Legacy/Traditional Legacy Challenge Combo!

Happy Simming!
    edited August 2017
    @jazzyrocksoul88 Excited for Rose's parallel adventure in your sim world :blush:
    10-Rose-Meets-THE-Daria.png
    Oooh so glad Rose made friends with Daria! Hehe I need to get some more sims to populate my world... going gallery shopping now hehe :wink: Might add some celebrities/cartoon characters/Harry Potter characters in my world! Thanks for the idea :smiley:
    12-Daria-and-Rose-Eat-Salad.png
    Of course she's going to be sarcastic hehe I see what you mean by Rose reminding you of Quinn :smiley:
    13-Rose-Goes-to-Sleep.png
    Looks like your Rose had quite a day! Good thinking on getting a double bed btw, I might need to invest in one pretty soon to get heirs and spares popping :wink:
    Looking forward to more! <3
    Yay! Glad you liked it! I got the celeb idea from the You Tuber, Captain Sauce. It's hilarious! You should check it out!

Happy Simming!
    @jazzyrocksoul88 Haha I LOVE Captain Sauce, it's been quite a while since I've re-watched the Sauces - I completely forgot that he had all kinds of celebrities in it! It's decided then, I'm going to put the Life of Kevin playlist on my tablet and going to play Sims ALL DAY! <3 I'm so happy!
  • cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    I would like to join in on this challenge. But unfortunately it has to be in 1-2 weeks or more because I need to focus on studying for my driver license and I'm going to university soon as well :smile:
    HBRh4vc.jpg
    @cind3r3lla Sounds good to me! :) Can't wait! Good luck on your driver license and prepping for university :)<3
  • cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    @cind3r3lla Sounds good to me! :) Can't wait! Good luck on your driver license and prepping for university :)<3

Thank you :smile::heart:
    HBRh4vc.jpg