Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

retail business customer problem

for some odd reason all the customers get stuck just outside of the business district and are always on the phone excessively.
I've tried repairing the game but it doesn't seem to work.
xo0yscju

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new save game and see if the issue is occuring in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    okay will try to do that!
    xo0yscju
    edited August 2017
    I hope that it helps with the issues :)
    If you use mods and use MC Command Center mod, there is a setting that can stop sims keeping on using the phone.
    The setting is in MC Tuner
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mctuner
    rosemow wrote: »
    I hope that it helps with the issues :)
    If you use mods and use MC Command Center mod, there is a setting that can stop sims keeping on using the phone.
    The setting is in MC Tuner
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mctuner

Thank you for this, I've tried all the solutions and none of them seemed to help.
    I may try the MC command center mod.
    xo0yscju
    Do the sims eventually come to the shop? Do the sims get stuck there every time that your sim opens their shop?
    Is it all sims or just some sims that get stuck there?

Sims do use their phones a lot. The mod will help with that issue.
    Do the sims eventually come to the shop? Do the sims get stuck there every time that your sim opens their shop?

They do eventually come after a few minutes and yes they do get stuck in the same spot everytime I open the shop.
    And yeah, it's all the sims from what I've noticed.

What I tried was moving from the promenade town to willow creek and I don't seem to have sims getting stuck on their phones where my store now sits.
    xo0yscju
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

They do eventually come after a few minutes and yes they do get stuck in the same spot everytime I open the shop.

What I tried was moving from the promenade town to willow creek and I don't seem to have sims getting stuck on their phones where my store now sits.

Do you remember which lot in MP? Maybe someone should test if something is wrong with the portal nearest that lot?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I m having a similar problem, I play rotationally and have two households with different shops, one placed in Newcrest and one placed in willow Creek. Sims stand around on the edge of the lot but only a few enter the shop, when they do come in they don't look around just start chatting and using mobile phone excessively. I had one shop open for over 10 hrs and only made one sale. The constant phone usage is driving me mad!

I don't use mods or CC, although I am considering getting the mod mentioned above to see if it helps.
    I m having a similar problem, I play rotationally and have two households with different shops, one placed in Newcrest and one placed in willow Creek. Sims stand around on the edge of the lot but only a few enter the shop, when they do come in they don't look around just start chatting and using mobile phone excessively. I had one shop open for over 10 hrs and only made one sale. The constant phone usage is driving me mad!

I don't use mods or CC, although I am considering getting the mod mentioned above to see if it helps.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Make sure that you have advertising signs that attract the sims to enter the store.
    It may help to take all the items off sale again, then place the items back on sale.
    Try moving the furnishings around in the stores and see if the new positioning helps. Make sure that the items are easily accessible to the sims.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Do you remember which lot in MP? Maybe someone should test if something is wrong with the portal nearest that lot?

I'll screencap today when I get home
    xo0yscju

O.K. I will try to test it next time I load the game. I'm avoiding this week's Origin update right now. lol There are so many of those a month (at least 3) I get tired of updating just to load TS4. I have noticed after patches the portals to some lots get messed up. Moving the business to a different lot may help. I know the portals in WB where my Sims l usually play live, are always messing up after patches. It takes awhile for the Sims to figure out where the portals are and to stop standing a mile away from a house etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

O.K. I will try to test it next time I load the game. I'm avoiding this week's Origin update right now. lol There are so many of those a month (at least 3) I get tired of updating just to load TS4. I have noticed after patches the portals to some lots get messed up. Moving the business to a different lot may help. I know the portals in WB where my Sims l usually play live, are always messing up after patches. It takes awhile for the Sims to figure out where the portals are and to stop standing a mile away from a house etc.

yeah, moving my business definitely helped.

Here's the lot circled in red where the business was.
    The blue circle is where the customers would get stuck on their phones at.
    mr4wl45x
    xo0yscju
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi, Just thought I would add to this. I was having the same problem with two retail lots, one in Willow Creek and One in Newcrest, customers would stand around outside chatting and using phones but would not come in. I ve moved one of my businesses out of willow creek and into Magolia Promenade and now it works fine, that's the only thing I ve changed. I have no idea why, but moving the shop seems to have sorted the problem out for me.

I have no mods or CC in my game yet.

Hi, Just thought I would add to this. I was having the same problem with two retail lots, one in Willow Creek and One in Newcrest, customers would stand around outside chatting and using phones but would not come in. I ve moved one of my businesses out of willow creek and into Magolia Promenade and now it works fine, that's the only thing I ve changed. I have no idea why, but moving the shop seems to have sorted the problem out for me.

I have no mods or CC in my game yet.

Hello
    It is helpful feedback to read that moving the shop to another world helped with the issue in your game .

yeah, moving my business definitely helped.

Here's the lot circled in red where the business was.
    The blue circle is where the customers would get stuck on their phones at.
    mr4wl45x

A patch or two ago, I noticed there seems to be more portals than usual. Maybe it's my imagination. Sims are entering the 'active' areas of any lot from different sides like from sides (where fake backdrops or non existant routed paths were before) if you haven't noticed. This may have caused the problem. Like in NC for instance Sims now walk between the lots down paths they never used before. And moving a lot may clear up or putting it back down in same spot, etc. may jar that all to some sort of normal queue up of where they should be walking/going.