Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to buy a lot permanently in Granite Falls?

I have a sim who I want to live sort off 'off the grid' and make money by fishing and farming and would love if they could live permanently in Granite Falls (not renting the lot). Does any one know how to do this with or without mods?

Comments

• heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I can't recall if you can buy it. But it would be awesome if you could purchase vacation homes like you could in TS3.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2017
    No you have to have purchased an outside lot. What you can do is buy a small lot .. don't put anything on it then go on permanent vacation. You can support yourself easily this way through fishing collecting ect. You can't have kids though or a job.. because they have to go to school eventually and you will end up on your home lot with a normal job.
    I usually have my sims live in the National Forest and change it to suit them. You can of course redo the rented lots also. That could get pretty pricey though if you want to live a luxury life there.

Oh editing in you do have to rent a lot there too. I get the smallest cheapest one. You can wipe it to make it even cheaper.
    egTcBMc.png
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I would like to at least be able to edit existing houses with more comfortable beds and better equipment. Majority of my sims hate to go there :(
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2017
    I would like to at least be able to edit existing houses with more comfortable beds and better equipment. Majority of my sims hate to go there :(

You can edit them in game with a build cheat. You can also replace the lots entirely .. even not make them rented but other types of lots.
    Just go from the managed world screen and chose Granite falls then go in and build as usual if you don't like to cheat while you are there.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    bb.enablefreebuild is the cheat. You most likely first need to enter "testingcheats true". Go into Build/Buy mode and you can edit the current lot or replace it with one from your Library or the Gallery.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    A good alternative is to clear out he island in Windenburg if you have Get Together. I do that a lot when I want to do roughing it/wilderness challenges. It's really isolated and the only foot traffic you get is sims you invite and the mail person. I wish there was a way to place the bug and plant spawners into the main world though but the plants at least can be planted either on a home lot or a different lot that can be visited.
    ~ ~ ~
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member

you can just go to edit worlds before sending your Sim there
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited August 2017
    No, but I placed copies of the vacation homes in Newcrest & have 2 families living in them. Not quite the same, it's kind of like rustic living in the suburbs. It would be nice if we had the option to turn vacation worlds into home worlds & vice versa.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2017
    Granite Falls is my favorite map but it is so difficult to use. No way of living there permanently, wish my sim could live there and commute to work or something. Also clubs don't work there either so that is another big minus.

Lovely lovely place but difficult for me to fit into my playstyle.

Edit:spelling
  • WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    Thanks for this thread, all those that have contributed have given me more ideas for this map which I usually avoid.
    JeJUZyk.png