Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing Sims 4 on PC and x box with "x box anywhere"?

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
Is this what Sims 4 will eventually become, a game that you don't need an x box to play but can play on the PC as well with Windows 10?

"Now when you own an Xbox Play Anywhere digital title, it’s yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Buy once, play anywhere

Purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game, play it on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

I've got the x box app with my downloaded Windows solitaire game on Windows 10. (Solitaire isn't in Windows 10 download as in other iterations)

I'm not saying that this is ready but that that it is being worked on. Sims 4 I noticed some time ago was one of the first two games checked off for compatibility with Windows 10.

How long before this gets put in "Rumours" >:)

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I SEE. Gets moved to Console Discussion which nobody reads yet.
    I bet that I am guessing right in the long term.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I see what you mean, im not sure though, i dont think it will.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I highly doubt it. Such a move would also require PS4 owners the ability to access the PC game at no cost. I can't see EA giving every console player a free pass for the PC game, just like PC players will have to purchase the console game if they want to play it.
    I highly doubt it. Such a move would also require PS4 owners the ability to access the PC game at no cost. I can't see EA giving every console player a free pass for the PC game, just like PC players will have to purchase the console game if they want to play it.

Maybe it might be cheaper to do this? Only one team needed instead of those for each platform? Just interested though and I know nothing about the workings of consoles and games makers.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Agree with Drake_Mccarty, not all game will be play anywhere unless indicated and I just do not see Sims 4 falling into that.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Is this what Sims 4 will eventually become, a game that you don't need an x box to play but can play on the PC as well with Windows 10?

"Now when you own an Xbox Play Anywhere digital title, it’s yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Buy once, play anywhere

Purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game, play it on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

I've got the x box app with my downloaded Windows solitaire game on Windows 10. (Solitaire isn't in Windows 10 download as in other iterations)

I'm not saying that this is ready but that that it is being worked on. Sims 4 I noticed some time ago was one of the first two games checked off for compatibility with Windows 10.

How long before this gets put in "Rumours" >:)
    No cause remember this is also coming out on the PS4.
    edited August 2017
    Have you checked the power and specs of the new machine probably coming out on 7th.November and possible version 2 in 2020? It will beat most of our PCs and laptops hollow at a cheaper price than a gaming PC and Microsoft are working on mouse and keyboard control for it. I am sticking with my current laptop as buying a £1500 to £2000 gaming PC is silly to pay for one game with which it struggles a bit. Possible VR and support for latest TV screens.

I would look seriously at the x box x plus mouse and keyboard only, ex laptop and buy a Microsoft small laptop with their promise of their giving you an update replacement every two years. PS4? It would have to cope or keep up.