Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Early access

Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
I have pre ordered the game for ps4 but im confused as to how early access will work. Will they send the game out 3 days earlier or something? Dont see how this works with orders from places like amazon.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have pre ordered the game for ps4 but im confused as to how early access will work. Will they send the game out 3 days earlier or something? Dont see how this works with orders from places like amazon.

By preordering you get the game on the 14th instead of the 17th. If your with EA Access and preorder you get it the 9th. Don't know how it will work with Amazon but probably the same way. I preordered from the PS4 Store.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

By preordering you get the game on the 14th instead of the 17th. If your with EA Access and preorder you get it the 9th. Don't know how it will work with Amazon but probably the same way. I preordered from the PS4 Store.

I would imagine it would ship earlier. I dont know to know honest.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    ill be ordering from ps store no worries about disc
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    slamonda wrote: »

I doubt there are disc anyway. If you order from other places you probably get the dvd coverart and just a code to enter into your PS4 or XBox1.

I doubt there are disc anyway. If you order from other places you probably get the dvd coverart and just a code to enter into your PS4 or XBox1.

Yea i hate the idea of that, im a collector and have crap wifi.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited August 2017

How come? There hasn't been a single retail release for any ps4 game without a Disc, though. Even overwatch provided a Disc. I am 100% sure TS4 will have a Disc Version as well.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

HalloMolli wrote: »

How come? There hasn't been a single retail release for any ps4 game without a Disc, though. Even overwatch provided a Disc. I am 100% sure TS4 will have a Disc Version as well.

I hope so, all my other ps4 games do
  • antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    Well, I preordered the game on playatation Store, I was going to preorder it on amazon, but you have to pay the game the day when amazon send it to you so... i preordered on playstation store, where yoy have to pay it in the moment you preoder.
    Well, I preordered the game on playatation Store, I was going to preorder it on amazon, but you have to pay the game the day when amazon send it to you so... i preordered on playstation store, where yoy have to pay it in the moment you preoder.

Very true!
    I have SO MUCH Hype with the console version, I need a new trailer or a screenshot or something RIGHT NOW, I'm going to Die of Hype
    I have a lot of Hype with the console version, I need a new trailer or a screenshot or something, I can't wait to gamescom, hopefully people who try the game at gamescom will share their experience with it, I'm going to Die of hype, Guys, tell me your thoughts about the game, i'm a little concerned about basements, because EA said that the game will include *some* of the best updates of the PC game, they talked about ghosts, pools, toddlers, etc but they didn't say nothing about basements...
    edited August 2017
    I have a lot of Hype with the console version, I need a new trailer or a screenshot or something, I can't wait to gamescom, hopefully people who try the game at gamescom will share their experience with it, I'm going to Die of hype, Guys, tell me your thoughts about the game, i'm a little concerned about basements, because EA said that the game will include *some* of the best updates of the PC game, they talked about ghosts, pools, toddlers, etc but they didn't say nothing about basements...

I hope so, im still waiting for them to confirm no pictures. I will be royally annoyed if you cant take a snapshot on your phone. I want to see what it looks like. Mind you its only 3 months and a bit until launch. But i doubt we will see much gameplay off it in that time.
  • iiTzJayxDiiTzJayxD Posts: 9 New Member
    Does anyone know if the early access only applies to pre ordering it directly from Playstation store?

Looking at different retail pre orders they disclude any information of early access and state it will be availible on the normal release date, whereas the Playstation store gives the early access release date.

I'm just trying to get this game as early as possible, if this is not true and retailers also have early access, then it's possible to get it even earlier as some pre orders ship before the release. :s
  • texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    iiTzJayxD wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the early access only applies to pre ordering it directly from Playstation store?

Looking at different retail pre orders they disclude any information of early access and state it will be availible on the normal release date, whereas the Playstation store gives the early access release date.

I'm just trying to get this game as early as possible, if this is not true and retailers also have early access, then it's possible to get it even earlier as some pre orders ship before the release. :s

If you preorder the deluxe edition, you get it on the 14th. If you preorder, the regular edition, you get it on the 17th.

These are the release dates from Amazon FYI.
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png
    THanks for letting us know. Ive pre ordered the Deluxe.
    [quote="texasangel;c-16030180"][quote="iiTzJayxD;c-16030010"]Does anyone know if the early access only applies to pre ordering it directly from Playstation store?

I'm just trying to get this game as early as possible, if this is not true and retailers also have early access, then it's possible to get it even earlier as some pre orders ship before the release. :s [/quote]

If you preorder the deluxe edition, you get it on the 14th. If you preorder, the regular edition, you get it on the 17th.

These are the release dates from Amazon FYI. [/quote]

Thank you!
    I hope we do get it early from amazon as thats the only reason why im pre ordering. If I dont i will be miffed as i could have just gone and got it from my cities shopping centre on release day after work lol.
    This is good to know! I'd rather get it physically than digitally. I'm so stoked for this since I don't have a PC so i've never played Sims 4!!!
    iiTzJayxD wrote: »
    This is good to know! I'd rather get it physically than digitally. I'm so stoked for this since I don't have a PC so i've never played Sims 4!!!

Its so much fun!