Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

User TommyPickles needs Mac Help

Hi guys,

I'm new to The Sims and just recently downloaded the game to my Mac. I'm currently trying to download a lot but for some reason it won't show up in my library. The lot files downloaded as black little squares with the word "exec" in green at the top. I didn't know what that meant so I downloaded Keka to try to open them. However, this just compressed them and turned them into zip files, so I deleted them. I then tried looking under "get info" and added ".doc" to each extension (.blueprint.doc, .bpi.doc, .trayitem.doc, etc.). This seemed to change them into normal docs (according to the "get info", doing this turned them into word documents. I put all the package CC I downloaded for the lot in Mods and everything else (.blueprint.doc, .bpi.doc, .trayitem.doc, etc.) in Tray. But for some reason when I go to my library and check off "include custom content" nothing shows up. I also don't have the "include unknown content" box to check off. Please help!

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You always need the "Show Custom Content" or whatever that button is called to show lots not downloaded from the Gallery.

If the file you download has a .7z, .zip, or .rar extension, you need a program like Stuffit Expander to unzip those file. I know there are other free ones from the App Store so find one that can handle multiple formats. Next open the file to show the contents. You should see multiple files which is good. Next open your Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Tray) to find the Tray folder. Move all of the files from your downloaded file into the Tray folder and start up your game making sure that you have downloaded any additional CC for the house to show properly in game. Check the "Show Custom Content" button and close out the game as this button has to be active at the start of the game and then restart Sims 4 again. Check your Library and make sure that you check All Lots and it should show your downloaded lots.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.