Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is body hair still a possibility?

Comments

• Options
    Alistairlover31Alistairlover31 Posts: 4 New Member
    Vote for body hair from here too! And maybe eyelashes too? Armpit hair would be cool :D
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I wish I knew how to post pictures....but Bjorn Tu'Rock (a premade Sim from the base game) likes this forum thread!
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Haha thank you for the help. And thank you for proving my point! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    luumia makes a great body hair. But it's CC. I use it and it's fantastic! http://luumiasims.com/post/122822929519/follower-gift-part-26-thats-right-more-body
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    A sim guru has commented on it. They said that they tried to make some and see how it looked, but couldn't make any that looked right with the art style.
    Yes, I remember, and then came all those modders and did a perfectly good job. So they can take that for an example. No excuses.

Do you have any examples? I honestly can't imagine how it would look.

And does it fit the art style, or is it super realistic like some of the hairs?

No offense to anyone, but I never liked super realistic hairs or anything on sims.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
    I really hope they do add body hair. It makes the sims look realistic.
  • Options
    Wizardofweather1Wizardofweather1 Posts: 96 Member
    > @Zeldaboy180 said:
    > JoAnne65 wrote: »
    >
    > Gabe_oz wrote: »
    >
    > A sim guru has commented on it. They said that they tried to make some and see how it looked, but couldn't make any that looked right with the art style.
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, I remember, and then came all those modders and did a perfectly good job. So they can take that for an example. No excuses.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Do you have any examples? I honestly can't imagine how it would look.
    >
    > And does it fit the art style, or is it super realistic like some of the hairs?
    >
    > No offense to anyone, but I never liked super realistic hairs or anything on sims.

It would be easy for them to make it Maxis Match. Plus I prefer a Alpha (Realistic) art style by a little bit, I hope there is a simple and easy solution for them to add it as Maxis Match.
    -Wiz
  • Options
    I hope for body hair
    -Wiz
  • Options
    > @Wizardofweather1 said:
    > I hope for body hair

(I accidentally pressed the send button)
    I hope for body hair in the sims 4
    -Wiz
  • Options
    I hope they also add waxing and something to do with werewolfs about body hair if they add it
    -Wiz
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The tropical beach pack will be a nice occasion for chest-haired lifeguards.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I'm guessing it might be a part of the pre-werewolf patch, if that happens.
    I personally never cared much for body hair myself, but it's a thing people have, and it's kinda dumb to not include it.

Humans are quite diverse. So are sims. Kinda unrealistic that none of them would have any body hair at all.

Why pre-werewolf patch? Body hair came in the preEP patch for Sims 3 generations which had nothing to do with werewolves. It’s something that honestly wouldn’t be difficult at all for Maxis to create and ship off in a free patch. They just don’t want to do it, that’s all.

Eh, it's just one of the many possibilities. I never said it HAD TO be a part of the pre-werewolf patch, but whatever. Just a suggestion.

Honestly I just want the werewolves back (and hopefully better than ever, like the vampires were). And if they do announce a pack like that before body hair comes out, body hair is sure as heck gonna be available pretty soon before, because you can't have werewolves without body hair. It's like how the teeth category got patched in before the vampires pack came out. Makes sense to me.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2018
    The body hair was a later addition to the Sims 3, I don't know why it couldn't be offered in base games--which offers a wide variety of body types. I'd download some mods for it, but I'm always afraid mods will mess up my game. I'm pretty sure it was available in the Sims 2, and I remember downloading some new bodies (one of the times I did use mods) for the Sims 1. It does make it more difficult to share your content in the gallery, though if you use other than EA stuff I think. You'd have thought that the Jungle Adventure folks would have been more hirsute.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member

I can't live without body hair CC... I hate having my sims have fully waxed bodies...
    For those who are doubtful about ''body hair not fitting the game''... Here's an example (pretty bad one since the pic wasn't supposed to become a body hair reference and my graphics weren't on the highest settings but you get the point)

WY1tKpI.png

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Just look at the CAS content, body hair requires details but TS4 CAS content gets less details day after day.
  • Options
    BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    If we can't get body hair soon I hope can at least get more tattoos. The selection is very limited I think.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We have facial hair, so body hair shouldn't be a problem. I think the problem is that it's not a priority.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's maybe to much hurting for teens for them?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Bearflex wrote: »
    If we can't get body hair soon I hope can at least get more tattoos. The selection is very limited I think.

I was in CAS the other day and just stumbled on those tattoos we have, lol. I totally forget they're even in the game. :D Shows how often I use them, I guess, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Oh...

If I started getting CC for bodyhair I would fall of the wagon again. Trying to keep it down to a few mods this time just to have less stuff to check after a patch. This is something I would really like to see ingame, one more way to make our sims feel different from each other and it is completely natural.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I hope we do get body hair, would be pretty cool. I loved having the option in the sims 3.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I used body hair nearly all the time after it was added to S3. I miss it. Something else they could've added to parenthood was boy/girl friend & fiancée relationship options in CAS.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Just look at the CAS content, body hair requires details but TS4 CAS content gets less details day after day.

I think the hairs we get these days are actually a lot more detailed than lots of the base game hairs.

I agree with the people saying we need more tattoos too! Body hair and tattoos help differentiate Sims!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Pure speculation but body hair will only get patched in for free right before a Werewolves pack. I'd bet money on it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png