Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is body hair still a possibility?

Comments

• KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think if Maxis were to create body hair in the style of the sims 4 it would look similar to what Zangief from street fighter has, which is very ugly.

I use lumialovers body hair, too, but it is much more realistic looking than the style of the sims 4.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I know Maxis probably wants to be strict with their style but I'm a pretty staunch Maxis-matcher and I still use Lumia's beards and body hair. The devs are acting like it's as much of a deviation as putting Newsea-style alpha hair in the game and it isn't!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Body hair is all.

Not to give Maxis any ideas, but I would shell out $40 for an expansion that had only body hair.

It is honestly the ONLY thing I'm asking for.

The aesthetic thing I don't buy, because their facial hair looks fine. I'm sure they'd do a great job making body hair, even if it had a silly, over-exaggerated look. 100% good with that.

I also don't use mods. I just don't like the idea of filling my game with a lot of content that's not supported by the company. I'm happy to play the game as envisioned by Maxis. I've never been one for mods on any game. Problem is, it makes it particularly frustrating to see all the body hair mods and lack it officially.

I can see them doing something like giving us a werewolf pack (why put werewolf-styled statues in Vampires DLC without the intent to include them eventually?) and adding a basic body hair patch with that, which, well, is fine except that for waiting game where you just don't know what they'll do.

What it comes down to:

Point being, I need body hair in my games because it makes my game more inclusive and welcoming and accepting of people of all types. There's a lot of social hangups about body hair, and it's vitally important to include such a seemingly surface level addition as body hair to add just another level of acceptance of all people into the game.

Without body hair, especially with the hangups and prejudices about it, it's excluding a large amount of people from completely enjoying a very accepting and welcoming game. I mean, it might not be the biggest issue in that regard, but I don't think that means it's not still important to have in the game.

And if you haven't looked up the history of body hair for both men and women, do. It's interesting and breaks down a lot of unfortunate stereotypes and assumptions.

Primarily, it's important to note that body hair is NOT gross. You can personally not like it, and choose not to use it in the game, but you have be sure you don't like it because of your personal preferences, and not because you've been told all your life that it's some awful thing (and you've never even seen it because no one on television has any) when it's not.

In short. Maxis, I need body hair in Sims 4 like it's my life's blood.
    a63ftuN.png
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @Monday I'm with you! I would use 40€ to get body hair expansion pack as well!
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    A sim guru has commented on it. They said that they tried to make some and see how it looked, but couldn't make any that looked right with the art style.
    Yes, I remember, and then came all those modders and did a perfectly good job. So they can take that for an example. No excuses.

as always... :#
  • PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    I normally don't say this, but this sounds like something that could actually come in a patch. I think it's definitely a possibility, in fact, I think it's likely that we'll get it one day. But you know what I want even more? Piercings.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I still don't understand why this wasn't part of the base game. I mean it should be in CAS already.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Honestly, body hair would be almost like a tattoo - the only issue being that you'd need to be able to put tattoos on under it. That could mean adding an extra layer for your clothes. Not that I'm saying they can't, but maybe they were working on other things.

I want piercings more, though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Maybe they will add werewolves with cats and dogs and we will got varying degrees of body hair then...cat woman anyone?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I don't mind body hair but not too much where they start looking like a bear coming out of the forest. Though I'm all for Body hair so I can cut down on the amount of CC. Lol.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Think we'll just have to put up with silky smooth sims. I mean when your sims wearing that revealing dress they dont want their chest hair and prickly legs showing do They? :lol:
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I like a man with a hairy back, front and sides.

Every-Last-Inch-Of-Mes-Covered-With-Hair_o_103420.jpg

And by that, I mean many hair CC is currently tattoos that look a bit hairy. To have hair AND a tattoo, you would basically need another layer - one that shows up when you're wearing something low-cut as well. That means altering the CAS.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I know Maxis probably wants to be strict with their style but I'm a pretty staunch Maxis-matcher and I still use Lumia's beards and body hair. The devs are acting like it's as much of a deviation as putting Newsea-style alpha hair in the game and it isn't!

Same! Lumia's body hair passed my zero-tolerance policy - I can't stand anything that's not Maxis Match, and I love how these body hairs look in my game.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I like a man with a hairy back, front and sides.

Every-Last-Inch-Of-Mes-Covered-With-Hair_o_103420.jpg

And by that, I mean many hair CC is currently tattoos that look a bit hairy. To have hair AND a tattoo, you would basically need another layer - one that shows up when you're wearing something low-cut as well. That means altering the CAS.

I'm just saying, of everyone I've known who's been obsessed with the Beast, not one of them was even remotely happy about him changing back into a human. The hair is good.
    a63ftuN.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Terra wrote: »

Same! Lumia's body hair passed my zero-tolerance policy - I can't stand anything that's not Maxis Match, and I love how these body hairs look in my game.

Same here! I only use Maxis-Match, and Lumia's body hair doesn't look jarring at all.

My theory is that body hair will be patched in the game when we get a Werewolf pack. I don't like werewolves, but I'm eager to give some of my sims body hair.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I don't see a reason why body hair can't be part of TS4. I do hope they get patched instead of being part of a pack.
    The body hair thread is back! My favorite.

I second the werewolf pack idea. My Sims Ultimate Dream (TM) is a free patch with body hair to come out before Werewolves, which in my dream would come out in January.

Come on, Maxis. Work with us on this. It's so necessary.
    a63ftuN.png
  • camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    [quote="graventhe;d-922700"]I was disappointed that body hair didn't get patched in with Parenthood GP (like TS3 with generation)
    and I was wondering if it's still possible to be patched in before at least the end of this year?[/quote]

Cool as
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    I find it strange that there's vampire features and acne but no body hair.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Right!! I actually think lumia’s body hair accents the art style very nicely.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Are you guys using lumia body hair version 4 or 5?
    5 seems to give u more options but 4 seems to look better, even the blonde body hair in version 5 is kinda too dark
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I'm guessing it might be a part of the pre-werewolf patch, if that happens.
    I personally never cared much for body hair myself, but it's a thing people have, and it's kinda dumb to not include it.

Humans are quite diverse. So are sims. Kinda unrealistic that none of them would have any body hair at all.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Are you guys using lumia body hair version 4 or 5?
    5 seems to give u more options but 4 seems to look better, even the blonde body hair in version 5 is kinda too dark

Honestly I probably have both in my mods folder. I’ve used it so heavily i couldn’t stand the thought of having to edit all of my male Sims to redo their body hair.
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I'm guessing it might be a part of the pre-werewolf patch, if that happens.
    I personally never cared much for body hair myself, but it's a thing people have, and it's kinda dumb to not include it.

Humans are quite diverse. So are sims. Kinda unrealistic that none of them would have any body hair at all.

Why pre-werewolf patch? Body hair came in the preEP patch for Sims 3 generations which had nothing to do with werewolves. It’s something that honestly wouldn’t be difficult at all for Maxis to create and ship off in a free patch. They just don’t want to do it, that’s all.